Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? (29626 Views)

101 Robert Kiyosaki Quotes That WILL Inspire You / 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy / ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2007
I don't think the guy has even seen the cover of the book
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by debosky(m): 7:08pm On Aug 03, 2007
thanks easimoni, a little deductive reasoning will do him a lot of good.

and in addition, I never made mysekf 'an expert' on the issue - but when the details of what is supposed to be an indelible life changing experience suddenly get lost/forgotten, with Kiyosaki even resorting to comparing 'Rich Dad' to Harry Potter (i.e. a fantasy shocked shocked) why on earth should we trust such a guy?

the very basis of the appeal of his work is the fact that it is a[b] real life event[/b], If that is not true, pray tell why should be believe [b]any [/b]of the other fabulous tales he makes in the book? I have read the book, as well as Reed's rebuttal, I suggest you do the same and then come up with your own conclusions.

whether the father was biological or chemical grin grin, if he existed, proof is easy to find, afterall it wasn't in Naija when people claim 'there was no birth certificate issuance in my village when i was born' to forge documents cheesy
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by Syenite(m): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2007
WETHER ROBERT KIYOSAKI IS A FRAUD OR NOT OR WETHHER HIS RICH DAD EXISTS OR NOT MATTERS NOT TO ME.I MEAN HIS THEORIES AND PRINCIPLES ARE REAL!ANY WAY HE MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY.IT'S A CLASSIC BOOK, A MUST READ FOR YOUNG PERSONS THAT WANT TO SUCCEED FINANCIALLY. I ALSO RECOMMEND HIS BOOK ON "CASH FLOW QUADRANTS".READ THESE BOOKS AND YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by Aporo: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2007
@easomoni
@debosky

Incredible!!

How will you pin point the existence of the Rich Dad character in real life as inquired by Easimoni? On what basis will you seek to know request the true identity of such character? Yes you could request for an affirmation - official and public if you like (and that must even be maintained by a sizable crop of persons who bought the book) but not full disclosure of identity. That will always be at the Author's prerogative unless law court directs otherwise!

My question remains, (and taking facts from your mouth Easimoni that Kiyosaki was actually asked who the rich dad was and he could not answer), how can one ascertain if the event in the book was a real life event as inquired by you?

I am even ready to assume (in the absence of compelling proof) that Kiyosaki refused to disclose the true identity of the Rich Dad (for whatever reason), would that amount to CONCLUSIVE proof that the Rich Dad does not exist and as such a creation of fiction? Yes it may affect the credibility of his work but is that event conclusive and final of the existence of the character? John Reed himself was careful not to conclude on this score and Kiyosaki interestingly has always taken this stand on his love for privacy. THE QUESTION IS DOES KIYOSAKI'S REFUSAL TO DISCLOSE IDENTITY OF CHARACTER IN HIS BOOK MAKE THE BOOK FICTION? THIS MAY BE INSTRUCTIVE BUT I WILL SAY NO!!

I can confirm to you as you may agree that the reservations being expressed on this thread are even stronger in America and to date nothing official and court action worthy had been found against Kiyosaki. What the law may require at worst is an affirmation from him to his readers that the Rich Dad really exists but he will never be obliged to disclose true identity of the rich dad in the absence of a class action by readers and or attendees of those conferences.

The class action will thus be the most ideal forum to inquire into the existence or otherwise of the Rich Dad character but you will even require some evidence (and that itself is an herculean challenge) to maintain it.

My point therefore is that in the absence of such legal avenue being explored to inquire into the "reality" of Kiyosaki's world, very little can be truly ascertained by any one individual. I may be wrong but i will like to have wider views in this regard.

@Easimoni

From me to you, i have always revered your views any where i come across them on this site but please, i think your views can be expressed without that tinge of negative insinuation. Your hint on my interest or motivation to be a part of this discourse still amazes me "kila gbe kile ju" kind of thing. I wonder!!

I will always appreciate objective and constructive criticism without that negative appendage which often times undermines the true essence of a discourse!!
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by easimoni(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2007
@ Aporo, RTK claimed his rich dad held 7-11 type stores all over hawaii and construction companies among others. Hawaii is a very small place and with all the people who knew RTK as a kid, no one has found someone who remotely fits that profile.

If you foudn my email negative, I apologize embarassed but read your previous to debosky: suggesting he leave the thread because he disagrees with u?
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by poske(m): 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2007
Okay Guys in the mean time i have access to the game CashFlow. It is an unbelievable game. It simulates real life finacial descions to detail. In the game if you give to Charity you start to use 2 dice instead of one which increases your speed by 100%. Also if you do not ask for your salary you miss it, if you depend only on your salary you will start to see how long it will take to reach your life ambition. Also if you decide to buy properties immediately b4 doing small deals you may run bankrupt b4 the value of the property increases.

SO WHY WILL RK TELL YOU WHO RICH DAD IS ERGGGGHHH WHY! SO YOU GO AND MEET HIM,
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by samexangel(m): 2:13am On Aug 05, 2007
if the only thing Robert has been able to do in his life is the writing of that best seller RICH DAD, POOR DAD. i think it is enough for some of us to see him as a mentor in the field of finance.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by obrian(m): 12:38am On Aug 06, 2007
@poske

please i'm interested in acquiring CASFLOW 101 (Robert Kiyosaki's game). i'll appreciate if u could hook me up with someplace where i can buy it.

, anyone with info on how or where i can buy should pls let me know. i live in lagos.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by dearstan(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2007
who cares if it the story was real or fake as long as you got the point he tried to pass across
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by mimiko(f): 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ easimoni
re u sure u wont stangle him(robert k) if u see him? grin
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by Iwerebor(m): 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2007
One of the beauties of RDPD is that it pushes the idea that making money is as simple as you stopping to think about it. You identify the rat race and avoid it. That ought to be common sense but unfortunately it isn't.

I didn't like the tone of John Reed's review as it came out like a furious personal attack but he made a valid point that was as common sense as Kiyosaki's approach, i.e, that Kiyosaki had a long list of people he aknowledged in the acknowledgement page except one person, the very person on whose principle his work is hinged on, RICH DAD!
A very big ommision there.
Perhaps Rich Dad can't use an acknowledgement since he is a myth! poof!Poof!
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by easimoni(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2007
mimiko:

@ easimoni
re u sure u wont stangle him(robert k) if u see him? grin

Ki lo de? I won't go that far! Frankly, I think the book is a great starter book for someone getting into personal finance, in spite of the sometimes impracticable and hazy advice. But if you ever found out the storyteller had no integrity, wouldn't you be worried and ask "what else is he lying about"?
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by lokia(m): 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2007
na wa o see you people o.

i agree there should be integrity in writing. tell us if rich dad is true or not but that doesnt mean the book is useless. for me the book is priceless. it woke me up from a slumber. i wish i found it earlier.

peace.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by timadel(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2007
hi,i strongly believe dat the message is far more important than the author.i ve acquired wealth thru teachings from him and the likes of brian tracy,george clason napoleon hill etc.The catch is that u just have to sieve every bit of information so as to separate the useful ones from the unuseful ones.U DONT HAVE TO REPEAT MISTAKES OTHERS HAD MADE EARLIER!
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by sunjongs(m): 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2007
READING WHY WE WANT YOU RICH BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI AND DONALD TRUMP, HE SAID HIS RICH DAD ASKED HIM ON A SERIOUS NOTE NOT TO REVEAL THIER IDENTITY. WHY BECAUSE THE RICH LIKES SECRECY. AND HE STRESSED ON THAT FACT VERY SERIOUSLY. SO DONT BLAME HIM IT WAS AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN HIM AND HIS RICH DAD FAMILY
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by Iwerebor(m): 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2007
READING WHY WE WANT YOU RICH BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI AND DONALD TRUMP, HE SAID HIS RICH DAD ASKED HIM ON A SERIOUS NOTE NOT TO REVEAL THIER IDENTITY. WHY BECAUSE THE RICH LIKES SECRECY. AND HE STRESSED ON THAT FACT VERY SERIOUSLY. SO DONT BLAME HIM IT WAS AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN HIM AND HIS RICH DAD FAMILY
Secrecy or privacy?
Either by their mouth or by their acts, everything the rich says or does is always making a loud statement. That's why you hear them asking you, assuming you are not one of them,
"do you know who I am?"
"don't you know who I am?"
If the rich wasn't asking you that, why else would he be in a car with lots of empty seats while you are cramped and suffocating in a bus?
Why else will he drive a car with a plate name while your's is a plate number?
The rich like secrecy huh? how come Aliko Dangote was prompt to give an interview to respond to a perceived wrong when it wasn't him on forbes richest black person ranking. So much for secrecy!
Kiyosaki has pulled the wool over your eyes friend.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by dollyp1cute(f): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
THIS THREAD STILL DEY

ABEG FORGET KIYOSAKI AND HIS NON EXISTENT RICH DAD. LET'S TALK BETTER

HOW DO WE MAKE OUR MILLIONS!!!
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 07, 2007
that's what i'm dying to know
how and where do we begin?
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by ayanjide(m): 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2007
@poske

tnx 4 ur enlightenment on d game i tink d game is as good as d book. You av just wet my appetite for the game with ur lucid explanation
I would love to know where i can get it in Lagos NIgeria
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by easimoni(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2007
@ oracleman,
I read RTK's response. Pretty weak. angry embarassed
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by uchetobi(f): 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
Well real or fraud, I knw it taught me lots of lesson and that’s exactly what I’l hang on to.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by mimiko(f): 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2007
na wa ooooo RTK is in his mansion enjoying his proceeds whlie, wink
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by hammah(m): 2:46am On Aug 10, 2007
persoanl opinion from Reed.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by talktimi(m): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2007
dO AS THEY SAY NOT AS THEY DO . JUST 4GET WHATEVER THAT REED GUY SAYS . KIYOSAKIS BOOKS HAVE HELPED ME SO FAR IN LIFE , WHILE MOST OF MY MATES IN SCHOOL ARE BUSY CARRYING THEIR CVS UP AND DOWN TOWN, IM BUSY MAKING MONEY AND INVESTING WISELY ON MY OWN AND IM REALLY SUCCEEDIN TRY READING THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON TOO
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by alanbolo(m): 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2007
@easimoni,  yr point is well noted about integrity which is what everyone of is concerned about.   

The same argument u post about CSL analysis on Access Bank at another tread, u adviced not to jump to conclusion without confirming all the actors and scripts about the manipulation of the cooking the books. I will also enjoined that in as much as meant good, can negativity be subdued.

I do subscribed to RTK articles from yahoo.finance and most of his points are well taking, just as other have said b4, his write-ups has actually assist me in decision makings and which I've passed on to my kids at their early age.

Pple will actually go against all forms of things either knowledgeable or not, and i wouldn't like to associate with likes. We all do have personal opinion in all things and while u may be right, I'll like to leave with the impression that RDPD is actually a financial stimulus that we all need.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by akanze: 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2007
I am a big fan of Robert too, but I think the rich dad think is fake.

I dont believe he has anybody called rich dad, it was all a strategy in order to sell more.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by mendax: 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2007
i dont know why this issue is being over flogged, does it matter if a story is true or fake? i think the idea is to pass certain knowledge which is what kiyosaki is doin. must of us have admitted dat we'v gaind alot from the books. personall, i'm not a great fan of the type of investment he is sellin but i still admit his books are educative. in any event, i hav options; if u r the black belle type & u r not happy with the number of bks he is sellin u can go ahead & photocopy it so dat the returns dont go bak to him! OR u can be like the rest of us who watch hollywood movies (even though we know they are fiction) but extract the lessons and move on!
cheers
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by easimoni(m): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2007
@ mendax,
at least in a movie, there is always the fine print at the end. Let me see if I remember; "this is a work of fiction. Any similarities to actual events or to people, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintended". When they make a movie about someone or an actual situation, they say "based on the life of" or "based on actual events". Certain professions (journalism, ministry, financial advice) are based on intergrity. Would you allow yourself (assuming you are a xtian) to be pastored by a fornicating reverend? Does his sin mean he can't teach you about, say, tithing? While I don't compare RTK's work to that of a minister (it's not even close), the point is intergrity is implicit in both jobs.

Take the lessons, but with a pinch of salt.

And if you want the thread to die a natural death, leave it alone?
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by L2: 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2008
As I've read this thread, it sparked me to give my 2 cents due to the clarity of the topic to the masses.

I too invest in the real-estate market as well as the stock market and have made over a million dollars from less than zero money $0 in less than 13 years using some of the same as well as some different methods. Yes, I was too broke, living on a couch with nothing but a small truck and a trash bag full of clothes.

Robert’s validity of the story shouldn’t be of question. I feel anyone that can spark the interest of the masses to change the way they think about their finances and life in a more informative positive manner should be rewarded.

The rich do get richer due to their openness of information that they read from a variety of sources. Intelligence is the fabrication that will reward you if you take action and have perseverance.

Thank You,

LeRoy Nellis II
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by emal(m): 6:41am On Mar 05, 2008
Failures and half witts always distract others. They delay and destroy destinies.
Robert  Kiyosaki by that story was conveying a message and if it sinks in you and you practilise it you will be like the rich dad.
  Many such messages are not meant for killers of destiny.
JUST TAKE THE MESSAGE.
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by cicero(m): 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2009
I know I am late on this but I must say something,
I never really paid any attention RDPD until sometime this when I bought the book he co authored with Donald Trump, and his book 'Before You Quit Your Job'(?) Now I am reading RDPD and 'Cashflow' is in que.

This man's book literally took the veils off my eyes. I CAN NEVER BE POOR! NEVER
Re: Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? by jamace(m): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2009
Robert Kiyosaki is one of the best. From Rich Dad Poor Dad to Cash flow quadrant to Guide to investing. All his books are really inspiring and i wouldn't have started thinking the way i do now if not because of him. The books he reffered to are also marvellous. So even if it turns out that the real Robert Kiyosaki is not who he claims to be, it doesn't matter cos in the end, he has affected the lives of many people and to me, that is all that matters.

In fact, I am reading one of his books "Retire Young Retire Rich" presently and it is highly motivational.

i dont know why this issue is being over flogged, does it matter if a story is true or fake? i think the idea is to pass certain knowledge which is what kiyosaki is doin. must of us have admitted dat we'v gaind alot from the books. personall, i'm not a great fan of the type of investment he is sellin but i still admit his books are educative. in any event, i hav options; if u r the black belle type & u r not happy with the number of bks he is sellin u can go ahead & photocopy it so dat the returns dont go bak to him! OR u can be like the rest of us who watch hollywood movies (even though we know they are fiction) but extract the lessons and move on!
cheers

Yep. That is it. "The Richest Man in Babylon" by George Clason is another book which is based on story-telling but full of inspiration to motivate one to financial freedom.

I like these books as I have learnt a lot in tems of how to become rich legally from them and I am already practicing their principles. Whether it is folklores or fairytales, doesn't matter to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Online Businesses That MUST Make You Money Without Any Skill / Investment Opportunity In Packaged Water Business / Forex Brokers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.