Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers (31697 Views)

To All Nigerian Youths - Read This Warning Message! / Pastor Adeboye Sends Strong Warning Message To Buhari / VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 21, 2019
If you see the kind of over estimated bill they bring these days ehn
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by ajayiopy: 10:32am On Feb 21, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Ikeja Electric (IE) on Wednesday warned that it would not hesitate to discontinue service to hostile customers and communities attacking its field staff while on duty.

The company’s Spokesman, Mr Felix Ofulue, gave the warning following a rising spate of assaults on some of its field staff.

“While we understand that issues surrounding electricity services can be emotive, we maintain that wanton attacks on our staff are completely irrational, unnecessary and unproductive.

“Ikeja Electric has provided multiple channels through which our customers can lodge formal complaints with respect to our service or bills.

“Where responses from these channels are deemed unsatisfactory, the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has also set up a robust Forum Office for the redress of customer complaints.

“We have escalated the recent attacks, which went viral, to the appropriate authorities and we are currently exploring every legal channel available to us to ensure the offenders are brought to book.

“Ikeja Electric will not allow its personnel to suffer intimidation, assaults and other bodily harm or threat from anyone who hides under various smokescreen for the unwarranted attack of its staff,’’ Ofulue said in a statement condemning the attacks.

The IE spokesman said that it would continue to deliberate with stakeholders in flashpoint areas to find ways to amicably resolve all pertinent issues of concern to its customers and communities.

According to him, this is in the interest of the safety of its employees and members of the public.

“However, where these attacks persist, Ikeja Electric, will as a matter of course, continue to escalate such matters to law enforcement agencies.

“We will promptly withdraw our services from communities and customers that prove too hostile to operate in.

“We, therefore, urge all stakeholders, community leaders, leaders of youth groups and all persons of interest to remain mindful of these matters.

“We want them to adopt a more civil approach to engagements as all parties are deserving of reciprocal respect and regard as espoused by all laws.

“While there may be concerns and disputes arising from time to time, we remain committed to finding long-lasting peaceful resolutions in the equitable interests of all parties,’’ Ofulue said.

Source: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/02/20/ikeja-electric-to-discontinue-service-to-hostile-customers-communities/

WHY ARE GUYS SO REACTIVE WHEN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PROACTIVE.THESE PEOPLE ARE ONLY ASKING FOR PRE-PAID METER,JUST GIVE THEM AND THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR ALL THESE PROBLEMS

3 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by femi4: 10:33am On Feb 21, 2019
Afritop:

If you pay your bill first, they won't do that
Give them meters and they ll pay bill
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by jarkbauer: 10:40am On Feb 21, 2019
ajayiopy:

WHY ARE GUYS SO REACTIVE WHEN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PROACTIVE.THESE PEOPLE ARE ONLY ASKING FOR PRE-PAID METER,JUST GIVE THEM AND THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR ALL THESE PROBLEMS

90% of prepaid meters are bypassed.

3 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Damoche10: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2019
Electricity consumption should shift from what is it now to the usage of Solar Energy. Install it, write the electric distribution company in your area to discontinue bringing Electric Bill since you are producing your light.....

The moment this begins to happen, they will sit up right

1 Like

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by ibro2much(m): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2019
I for once do not support the idea of attacking electric distribution company staffs whether IKEDC,IBEDC,EKEDC etc.

Recently,IKEDC ayobo undertaking disconnected the community I live because we wrote to them about the crazy extimated bills they alway dish out to us on a monthly basis and some fraud from their ends(they had thought we would attack their staff who came for the disconnection but we did not)
Rather than resort to violence against their staff,the whole community
(1)paid for the service of a lawyer to write a petition to them and to demand for prepaid meters,so as to stop all crazy bill madness
(2)we wrote and submitted a petition against IKEDC illegal disconnection and others to NERC,CPC,PUNCH NEWSPAPER etc
My brethren,(things still works in nigeria if we know how to channel our grievances)
IKEDC has now connected us back and the bills are slightly better than before.

3 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by NextBuhari: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2019
When people support the privatization of NNPC I just laugh at their ignorance. The emotional reactions and hostility towards electricity companies' staff is due to the exorbitant bills they dish out to their customers. The reason why high electricity tariffs have not led to a full blown civil war in this country is because most of the common people have a way of bypassing the system. With fuel, the adverse impact of high prices will be inescapable. Atiku supporters be careful with what you wish for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by fatymore(f): 10:47am On Feb 21, 2019
Afospecialk:
May God punish all of you Ikeja NEPA or stupid power supply company for extorting us for your useless services. Staying at Ikotun and no light for the past 3 days . we Hav been running on gen almost everyday and yet they will charge us exorbitantly at the end of d month.

If not gvt that sold out the Power company it would hav been more easier to protest.
since this beginning of this year, we have not been enjoying light
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by metroid(m): 10:47am On Feb 21, 2019
jarkbauer:

They have money send teams out to do verification and lock them with tamper proof tags. These tags should be regularly checked by their field officers to prevent bypass.

5 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Omoluabi16(m): 10:51am On Feb 21, 2019
jarkbauer:

What do you mean by bypassed?
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Omoluabi16(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2019
ibro2much:
I for once do not support the idea of attacking electric distribution company staffs whether IKEDC,IBEDC,EKEDC etc.

Recently,IKEDC ayobo undertaking disconnected the community I live because we wrote to them about the crazy extimated bills they alway dish out to us on a monthly basis and some fraud from their ends(they had thought we would attack their staff who came for the disconnection but we did not)
Rather than resort to violence against their staff,the whole community
(1)paid for the service of a lawyer to write a petition to them and to demand for prepaid meters,so as to stop all crazy bill madness
(2) I personally wrote and submitted a petition against IKEDC illegal disconnection and others to NERC,CPC,PUNCH NEWSPAPER etc
My brethren,(things still works in nigeria if we know how to channel our grievances)
IKEDC has now connected us back and the bills are slightly better than before.
But my area here, the almost begged us to get pur prepaid meters. The only hassle was verifying it at their office at ponle, and getting the activation code. Prepaid is still the best, because they'll still estimate your bills especially during the festive periods.

1 Like

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by tixo: 10:56am On Feb 21, 2019
i don't support violence but can you imagine the threat? After slamming estimated bills on people who don't get estimated salaries and sending miscreants plus ill-educated staffs to go about disconnecting defaulters, you are setting up platforms for amicable conflict resolutions, when you can gladly issue prepaid meters and totally avoid conflicts.
He even threatened legal means of addressing an illegality. This spokesman should go and hug the nearest transformer; In this age and time,rather than make appeals continuously for your inefficiency,you are threatening Nigerians. Well, they say we deserve the kind of leaders we get, especially when mediocrity has been exalted above competence. Can MTN or Airtel make such mistakes? God help Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by kenwright: 10:57am On Feb 21, 2019
RUBBISH, IF YOU DONT WANT REPEAT, PROVIDE PREPAID METER[color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Beedude(m): 11:04am On Feb 21, 2019
kingthreatz:
Imagine a mini-flat, i mean mini-flat without AC getting a bill of 21,000. Then these bastards agent will insist you pay, if you dont, they come and disconnect you. Thats enough to make one want to beat the hell out of these fraudsters..
The way some of dem reason infuriates me. U bring bill of 15k to someone in 2bedroom flat without AC, lodge complain numerous times with nothing done. I dey hustle pay 8k monthly. And one vagabond go come from nowhere to tell me to go and pay 40k on top bill or else dem disconnect. Gosh . I asked the mofo how much his salary was and if he has ever used his hard earned 5k for electricity in his life? Even if u dey work for nepa , u are also a Nigerian and common sense should tell u paying 15k monthly will never happen in a 2bedroom flat residce. Those guys needs orientation or else their beating never even start.
We never finish NEPA wahala one presidential candidate I don't wanna mention is thinking of privatizing NNPC. Na to just kuku travel go Libya

2 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 21, 2019
doctokwus:
Much as attacks against their workers is condemnable,would IEDC be threatening to disconnect light to whole communities if it had a competitor?Of course not.
If there was competition the same IEDC would have been looking for more peaceful ways to resolve issues of violence and agitation against it's staff,knowing it's competitor would readily welcome such customers.
The disadvantage of monopoly.
How is it possible for them to have competitors in one street?
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Gidah: 11:07am On Feb 21, 2019
my2019mind:
Give us meter.
mind you sir the scam associated with the new prepaid meter is worse trust me not every Nigerians can pay for such, I'm currently using it now, it's no where compared to using post paid meter, how do you expect someone doing dry cleaner to use prepaid meter or a welder, someone that can't pay 3k rent fee is paying more than 2k for light bill
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Beedude(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

How is it possible for them to have competitors in one street?
Prepaid meter can sort that. Just dey load from any of them
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Beedude(m): 11:11am On Feb 21, 2019
Gidah:
mind you sir the scam associated with the new prepaid meter is worse trust me not every Nigerians can pay for such, I'm currently using it now, it's no where compared to using post paid meter, how do you expect someone doing dry cleaner to use prepaid meter or a welder, someone that can't pay 3k rent fee is paying more than 2k for light bill
For a residence. Prepaid is the best. Some years back I was in osun state and was with a cousin. He bought 2k on his prepaid and we used it for 3months. Once the guy dey to out, na to remove the card off everything for house
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 21, 2019
If you pay your bill first, they won't do that. Attach your bills to your door for safety purpose and NEPA will Passover.
That is an archaic way of doing things. We are in a digital work hence the disco came up with means to make payment. What they should do is to print out those that defaulted and those that have paid. They disconnect those owing by looking at records instead of relying on pasted bills on people's gate.
Though they cause trouble I feel they are doing their jobs because they are human. Sometime ago in my area, they don't disconnect and when they arrive we just settle them N500, N400 appearance money and they leave. And the illiterate landlords encourage new occupants to do that. But when NEPA change hands to PHCN, it led to serious chaos and issues and PHCN and NEPA officials becomes everyone's enemy.
Yes they are doing their jobs but giving them bribe only prolong the problem. Your bills keeps increasing from time to time.

1 Like

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 21, 2019
Beedude:

For a residence. Prepaid is the best. Some years back I was in osun state and was with a cousin. He bought 2k on his prepaid and we used it for 3months. Once the guy dey to out, na to remove the card off everything for house
Do they remove prepaid card?
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Abolade3(m): 11:19am On Feb 21, 2019
wink

conslderlng what l am seelng ln your hand,,WlLL people pay for the flxed game you are glvlng?
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by tixo: 11:22am On Feb 21, 2019
jarkbauer:

Please don't support nonsense or make excuses for incompetence. If your claim is true, let them work on it or sack erring staffs who are responsible. Bottom line is give people their prepaid meters.

1 Like

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by omogidi234(m): 11:22am On Feb 21, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

Estimated billing is increasing per Naira to Dollars exchange rate.

I agree with you. They used to issue bills in 7k for 3/bedroom at off Haruna Street, off College Road. Now it is between 11k and 17k, yet power is not constantly constant.
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Ska168: 11:28am On Feb 21, 2019
[color=#990000][/color] see below

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by kingthreatz: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2019
Beedude:

The way some of dem reason infuriates me. U bring bill of 15k to someone in 2bedroom flat without AC, lodge complain numerous times with nothing done. I dey hustle pay 8k monthly. And one vagabond go come from nowhere to tell me to go and pay 40k on top bill or else dem disconnect. Gosh . I asked the mofo how much his salary was and if he has ever used his hard earned 5k for electricity in his life? Even if u dey work for nepa , u are also a Nigerian and common sense should tell u paying 15k monthly will never happen in a 2bedroom flat residce. Those guys needs orientation or else their beating never even start.
We never finish NEPA wahala one presidential candidate I don't wanna mention is thinking of privatizing NNPC. Na to just kuku travel go Libya

Lol. Atiku
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by blackboy(m): 11:30am On Feb 21, 2019
Did IE give notice before disconnection? Have they thought to find out the problem of their customers? From what I can read, it's pre paid meters that their customers are demanding for. They should come to Abuja and see how AEDC is serving their customers.
IE give them pre paid meters and deduct any outstanding as they recharge and the cost of meter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rey Siakpere Sentenced To Life In Prison For Raping And Impregnating 14-Year-Old / Lagos Commercial Bus Drivers To Go On Strike On 31st October 2022 / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.