Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers (31695 Views)

To All Nigerian Youths - Read This Warning Message! / Pastor Adeboye Sends Strong Warning Message To Buhari / VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by sparog(m): 11:35am On Feb 21, 2019
kingthreatz:
Imagine a mini-flat, i mean mini-flat without AC getting a bill of 21,000. Then these bastards agent will insist you pay, if you dont, they come and disconnect you. Thats enough to make one want to beat the hell out of these fraudsters..

More reason u folks shud not vote for someone that has said he will sell NNPC next

The same thing happening in d power sector now will happen in d oil sector

1 Like

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by tixo: 11:35am On Feb 21, 2019
NextBuhari:
When people support the privatization of NNPC I just laugh at their ignorance. The emotional reactions and hostility towards electricity companies' staff is due to the exorbitant bills they dish out to their customers. The reason why high electricity tariffs have not led to a full blown civil war in this country is because most of the common people have a way of bypassing the system. With fuel, the adverse impact of high prices will be inescapable. Atiku supporters be careful with what you wish for Nigerians.
Why not site the sale of Nitel and the dividends today? Nepa and NNPC staffs have seen the handwriting on the wall, that is why they will fight tooth and nail to prevent it. Nigeria is in a global village, stop expecting the benefits of globalization while insisting to remain in stone-age.If Nigeria must work, it has to be now or never.
If waking up in the morning to carry ladder and roam around in search of wires to cut is "WORK",God bless you,OR having 11 subsidiaries,4 refineries,paying 50,000 employees,yet still importing fuel with subsidy is "BUSINESS", I hail you.

5 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Buffalo2(m): 11:47am On Feb 21, 2019
Since one of them fell with the pole while disconnecting one "baba's" line and he died on the spot, they haven't been coming to disconnect in my area again. Come and see how this guy was playing god that fateful day. We begged on baba's behalf to even take the available money with the promise to balance up in a week's time but na lie until baba vex and asked the guy to go ahead.
No do, no do thats how the guy came down with the pole ooo.

2 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by kmaster007: 11:50am On Feb 21, 2019
if ur not given prepaid meters #600 we paid...
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by TommyAnthem(m): 11:53am On Feb 21, 2019
God bless you real good. Everything about connecting and maintenance of facilities are borne by the costumers,
in my area in ,port-Harcourt, our transformer was blown up by thunder, we reported to PHED, we were asked
to go and contribute money to effect repairs without which we will remain in perpetual darkness. We called their bluff,
and true to type, we were in darkness for over six months not until we organised ourselves and mobilised funds for it to be replaced.
What pained me most was the bold insignia 'PROPERTY OF PHED' on the the transformer.
jeff1607:
erected our own poles , bought transformers, purchased armored cables and you dare say want to disconnect and carry my wire? gimme prepaid meter jare!!

1 Like

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by ericmor: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2019
ibro2much:
I for once do not support the idea of attacking electric distribution company staffs whether IKEDC,IBEDC,EKEDC etc.

Recently,IKEDC ayobo undertaking disconnected the community I live because we wrote to them about the crazy extimated bills they alway dish out to us on a monthly basis and some fraud from their ends(they had thought we would attack their staff who came for the disconnection but we did not)
Rather than resort to violence against their staff,the whole community
(1)paid for the service of a lawyer to write a petition to them and to demand for prepaid meters,so as to stop all crazy bill madness
(2) I personally wrote and submitted a petition against IKEDC illegal disconnection and others to NERC,CPC,PUNCH NEWSPAPER etc
My brethren,(things still works in nigeria if we know how to channel our grievances)
IKEDC has now connected us back and the bills are slightly better than before.

Is still going to increase latter, is there way. Just go for prepaid meter

1 Like

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by FactualSpeech: 11:54am On Feb 21, 2019
Beedude:

Prepaid meter can sort that. Just dey load from any of them

LMAO
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by neonly: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
kingthreatz:
Imagine a mini-flat, i mean mini-flat without AC getting a bill of 21,000. Then these bastards agent will insist you pay, if you dont, they come and disconnect you. Thats enough to make one want to beat the hell out of these fraudsters..

Mine is 18K d annoying thing is Dat d house opposite me pay 4K per flat am just tired for naija

3 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by geesizs(m): 12:29pm On Feb 21, 2019
threatenin to discontinue service to hostile customers, i beg where is the service, pack well

1 Like

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Bluntemperor: 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2019
IKDC license Must Not be renewed.This DISCO is a Scam.here we paid for Pre-paid Meters since 2013/2014,up till now no Meters,yet more estimated billing,they purposely accumulated billing so that the Fake bills is what they now parade to remove lights? Is this fair?. imagine money paid them over 4yrs without the Meter,yet one foolish person will tell us we should understand what?.Both GEMCOS and DISCos are enemies of Nigeria.we have a long way to go against injustices.

3 Likes

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by shomayo: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
Am expecting this NEPA agents at ojodu abiodun ebo to be disgrace and humiliate because I don't understand why bringing bill of 18k + without using light up to 48hrs and yet u have the gut to say that ur agents must not be embarrassed

1 Like

Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by soothsayer2: 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2019
Oga P.R.O IKDC, carefully listen to the vital information I am passing across to you below and ponder on it:
When the window of diplomatic solution is broken, then the door of violence resolution must be open. I am a stakeholder in my area here at Ojodu Abiodun.

Sincerely speaking, we have been pushed to the wall by your outrageous and exorbitant charges. One of the greatest fraud currently going on in this country is this your estimated billing system. Community donated money, bought transformers, bought wires and other accessories running into millions of naira and you keep bringing bills ranging from N15k - 30k since the said transformer is now in a bad state and without light.

The intimidation and oppression of your touts you are parading as Field Staffs has now reach an unbearable denouement. Ask your CEO, trailer load of letters has been written to him without any reply or solution in sight.

Lend me your ears, providing a prepaid metres remains the only solution to all this brouhaha befalling your men and that seems to be the only language your company don't want to hear just because you have been feeding fat on your illegal disconnection fee of 3k.

Where in the world have you seen any self respected power or energy staffs still bringing ladders and keep constituting nuisance in the name of collection of energy consumption charges in the 21st century just because you don't have a competitor.

Ask yourself, is Ikeja Electricity the only discos we have in Nigeria? "The answer is Capital No". Why are they always attacking your Field Staffs? Frankly speaking, most of them behaves just like a garage touts and no iota of professionalism in their dealings with their customers.

I am now using this opportunity to plead with the FG stop this monumental fraud in the name of estimated billings by see to it that every customers are metered. NERC is not doing enough at all... My neighbour has paid for a prepaid & spent almost N100k for over a year now but yet to be provided with the metered. Yet, still bringing the same estimated billing. Haba!

Nigeria receive healing....
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by soothsayer2: 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2019
Oga P.R.O IKDC, carefully listen to the vital information I am passing across to you below and ponder on it:
When the window of diplomatic solution is broken, then the door of violence resolution must be open. I am a stakeholder in my area here at Ojodu Abiodun.

Sincerely speaking, we have been pushed to the wall by your outrageous and exorbitant charges. One of the greatest fraud currently going on in this country is this your estimated billing system. Community donated money, bought transformers, bought wires and other accessories running into millions of naira and you keep bringing bills ranging from N15k - 30k since the said transformer is now in a bad state and without light.

The intimidation and oppression of your touts you are parading as Field Staffs has now reach an unbearable denouement. Ask your CEO, trailer load of letters has been written to him without any reply or solution in sight.

Lend me your ears, providing a prepaid metres remains the only solution to all this brouhaha befalling your men and that seems to be the only language your company don't want to hear just because you have been feeding fat on your illegal disconnection fee of 3k.

Where in the world have you seen any self respected power or energy staffs still bringing ladders and keep constituting nuisance in the name of collection of energy consumption charges in the 21st century just because you don't have a competitor.

Ask yourself, is Ikeja Electricity the only discos we have in Nigeria? "The answer is Capital No". Why are they always attacking your Field Staffs? Frankly speaking, most of them behaves just like a garage touts and no iota of professionalism in their dealings with their customers.

I am now using this opportunity to plead with the FG stop this monumental fraud in the name of estimated billings by see to it that every customers are metered. NERC is not doing enough at all... My neighbour has paid for a prepaid & spent almost N100k for over a year now but yet to be provided with the meter. Yet, still bringing the same estimated billing. Haba!

Nigeria receive healing....
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Beedude(m): 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2019
FactualSpeech:

LMAO
Na so. Just like cable TV. If dstv no suit u, just go for kwese or star times.
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Fourwinds: 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2019
BabaOwen:
I might kill any IKEDC staff that comes to my house, for the past 48 hours, I've not have light for up to 5 hours.

And they bring bill that's close to 8k every month
i support you
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by banio: 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2019
my2019mind:
Give us meter.

Exactly. We must have prepaid meters. Shikina
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Gidah: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2019
Beedude:

For a residence. Prepaid is the best. Some years back I was in osun state and was with a cousin. He bought 2k on his prepaid and we used it for 3months. Once the guy dey to out, na to remove the card off everything for house
but for house with tenants as it's done around ikorodu now it's worst Bro in my street so many people don't even put on there light outside due to them using prepaid, this new prepaid meter can't be by passed so if you wanna use iron on it be prapared to buy units everyday
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by Aystarz: 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
ibro2much:
I for once do not support the idea of attacking electric distribution company staffs whether IKEDC,IBEDC,EKEDC etc.

Recently,IKEDC ayobo undertaking disconnected the community I live because we wrote to them about the crazy extimated bills they alway dish out to us on a monthly basis and some fraud from their ends(they had thought we would attack their staff who came for the disconnection but we did not)
Rather than resort to violence against their staff,the whole community
(1)paid for the service of a lawyer to write a petition to them and to demand for prepaid meters,so as to stop all crazy bill madness
(2) I personally wrote and submitted a petition against IKEDC illegal disconnection and others to NERC,CPC,PUNCH NEWSPAPER etc
My brethren,(things still works in nigeria if we know how to channel our grievances)
IKEDC has now connected us back and the bills are slightly better than before.

What do you advise your brothers on Ayetoro to do on the blackout they have been experiencing for the past 8days? What the hell is going on??
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by FManager(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2019
one4GOD:
rocket science you mean. I agree with you though grin grin

cheesy grin, the person no go school.

SCIENCE ROCKET!!! THIS IS VERY HILARIOUS cheesy
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by spyglaxx: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2019
FManager:

cheesy grin, the person no go school.

SCIENCE ROCKET!!! THIS IS VERY HILARIOUS cheesy

duːb(ə)l ɒ̃ˈtɒ̃dr(ə)noun noun: double entendre; plural noun:
a word or phrase open to two interpretations, one of which is usually risqué or.
"he was unable to get through two consecutive sentences without a smutty double entendre"
synonyms: ambiguity, double meaning, suggested meaning, suggestiveness, innuendo, play on words, wordplay, pun
"he was unable to resist a smutty double entendre"

A FULANI CATTLE EGRET IS BETTER THAN A NIGERIAN GRADUATE.
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by sweetilicious(f): 8:53am On Feb 23, 2019
EdidemOluomo:

Even the prepaid meter is scam..Especially the ones out now.
The ones available now is a smart meter.It was programmed to take into account of all electricity consuming appliances of a customer.The old meters only captures maximum consuming appliances like ACs, pressing irons,sumos, refrigerators etc
Re: The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers by sweetilicious(f): 9:01am On Feb 23, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Even if someone is owing, they don't have the right to disconnect you without a prior notice. Out of desperation for bribes, atimes they disconnect the wrong people.

These days they go about with their cashier & people wl b willing to pay. What stops dem from alerting the customer??
Your bill should serve as a notice nah! Why are Nigerians like this? For example, you owe me money,and I write or put a call across to you detailing the amount you owe me with my account no.You don't even respond nor call back to inform me of an accurate date it will be available so that we can agree(Customer relation) You kept quiet.I then Sue you or call police to help me recover my money from you in the appropriately acceptable way, you then tell me there was no notification?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adamu Has Rendered APC NWC Redundant – Tinubu’s Men Cry Out / Efforts and Signs of President Buhari In Twelve Days / Rey Siakpere Sentenced To Life In Prison For Raping And Impregnating 14-Year-Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.