Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! (1748 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole: Pain Of Rigging An Election Is Hard To Accept - PDP, FFK React / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" / Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by teufelein(f): 11:07am On Feb 24, 2019
Stay focused, people!

This election is not about IGBO and YORUBA.

It is strictly about removing a murderously divisive and Jihadist govt from power.
Contrary to media report, the OPC guy Mr Ademola who allegedly led the gang that violently disrupted votes and snatched ballot boxes in some areas in Lagos is not dead. He is currently recuperating at Isolo General Hospital Lagos (See the first three video clips)
Ademola and co are not Yoruba thugs because they didn't act on behalf of the Yoruba people. They are Bola Tinubu's thugs. Using their action to judge the entire Yoruba people betrays a worrisome level of deliberate ignorance.

Screenshoting and reposting hate posts from a few Yoruba idiots and using same to frame a sick and twisted narrative of how Yoruba people hate Igbo people is you looking for a pretext to market your own bigoted agenda. All Nigerian peopleS have their own ethnic idiots peddling their idiocy under different pretexts. As a responsible citizen equipped with the mental capacity to discern, you ought to know that the best way to confront such idiots is by denying them the oxygen of publicity which they so much crave. By sharing their hate product, you are helping keep them in business.

That I have to explain this to any adult grieves me beyond words.
Check the last video clip here, that is MC Olumo and his group scattering ballot boxes. Only one unarmed elderly policeman was there. Meanwhile, in peaceful PDP strong holds, we saw heavily armed police, army and DSS scaring people away. This should tell you that this is about a desperate conscienceless Jihadists using govt instrument to thwart the electoral process.
As for the security of Ndigbo living around Ago Palace Way, Okota, the Ohaneze Ndigbo leadership, the Afenifere leadership and the Lagos chapter of Ohaneze plus notable Yoruba Elders like Chief Adebanjo and Co are very much on this. The Lagos State police Chief has given guarantee of maximum security in the area. If anything happens, we will hold him personally responsible.
Keep calm and follow the results from CREDIBLE sources. The Buhari Affliction Will Never Rise Again!

1 Like

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2019
Tribalism destroys a nation like wild fire, let's be careful
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by gurnam: 11:12am On Feb 24, 2019
The relationship will only get worse

I don’t think yorubas and Ibos can politically stay in the same nigeria anymore

Ibos would eventually get what they are looking for in the SW going by the feelers of even some liberal yorubas

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by aljharem(m): 11:12am On Feb 24, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
Tribalism destroys a nation like wild fire, let's be careful

We know but you people brought it up and we are just fanning the ember una set up. Bastards

4 Likes

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by aljharem(m): 11:13am On Feb 24, 2019
gurnam:

I don’t think yorubas and Ibos can politically stay in the same nigeria anyone
Lets start from Lagos them we move to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:13am On Feb 24, 2019
aljharem:

We know but you people brought it up and we are just fanning the ember una set up. Bastards
who are "you people "?
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by aljharem(m): 11:14am On Feb 24, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
who are "you people "?

Any igbo in Lagos

1 Like

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by naijaguy123456(m): 11:14am On Feb 24, 2019
This mod is afraid of Yoruba attack. I pity some of your shops. Maybe I will get new generator and electronic items from some of Ibo shops if problem started, I pray you start nonsense. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:16am On Feb 24, 2019
aljharem:

Any igbo in Lagos
OK, so on which divide are u? Igbo or Yoruba... Anyways which ever side you are on just be safe, Nigerians need to grow beyond tribe and religious divides....
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by aljharem(m): 11:16am On Feb 24, 2019
naijaguy123456:
This mod is afraid of Yoruba attack. I pity some of your shops.

Dont pity. If the attacks dont happen then I know yorubas are fools. Yorubas cannot try what they did in Lagos in anambra or ebonyi.

Why should yorubas always be at the receiving end of Igbo hate in their OWN LAND angry angry angry
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by PointZerom: 11:18am On Feb 24, 2019
naijaguy123456:
This mod is afraid of Yoruba attack. I pity some of your shops.

Shut up.
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by PointZerom: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2019
aljharem:

Dont pity. If the attacks dont happen then I know yorubas are fools. Yorubas cannot try what they did in Lagos in anambra or ebonyi.

Why should yorubas always be at the receiving end of Igbo hate in their OWN LAND angry angry angry

Continue ranting online.

Seun lalasticlala close this thread.

2 Likes

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:31am On Feb 24, 2019
On the contrary, it's between good and bad!!!

Between great Nigerians and Buhari!!!
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by RTSC: 11:41am On Feb 24, 2019
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by teufelein(f): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2019
I experienced two elections during the period I lived in the UK. Even as an international student, I was allowed to vote my choice of candidate.

No Brit asked me to go back to Nigeria to vote.

My elder sisters were already British during the last election. They were both allowed to vote.

My siblings and I were all born in Nigeria. Each of us spent the first 18-years of our lives in Nigeria before we went to the UK for University. We are full-blooded-Nigerians. Yet, the British people and system allowed us to register to vote and vote our choices of candidates.

I'm almost eligible to vote here in Canada.

Nigerians travel across countries and continents, out of the African continent and across the world to different parts of the world and settle there. We travel to the UK, US, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, etc and years after, we naturalize as citizens of these countries. Not only are we now eligible to enjoy all the benefits, rights and privileges of the natives; we are allowed to vote, and sometimes eligible to run for positions and be voted for.

In the UK, if you are eligible to pay taxes, you are eligible to vote. It doesn't matter whether or not you were born there. It doesn't matter whether or not your fore-fathers are from there. Yet, in Nigeria, an Enugu man CANNOT vote in Lagos in peace.

Same country. Same race. Same Africa. How pathetic!

As at today, it is safer and easier for a man from Anambra state to vote in the UK than it is for this same Anambra man to vote in Lagos.

We go to other people's countries to claim rights that we can't even enjoy at home.

Why should an Ebonyi man not be able to vote ANY CANDIDATE of his choice in Bornu State?

Yesterday, I read a post of one Yoruba guy who lives in London. This idiot ran away from his country, away from his continent to enjoy the democratic right of being able to vote in the UK. But same Adeyinka is inciting violence against the Igbos living in Yoruba lands.

You see, till yesterday, I have never really been a Biafran hopeful/advocate, but the way and manner at which some Yoruba people on Facebook defended the disenfranchisement of the Igbos and the atrocities against the Igbos in Lagos during yesterday's election got me thinking hard and loud to myself.

At the moment, the rest of the Nigerians don't want Igbos to have Biafra, neither do they want them to enjoy their full rights as Nigerians.

Make up your damn minds and choose to either give these people a referendum to decide their Biafra dreams or accept them as full Nigerians.

Because a full Nigerian ideally should be able to exercise their civic right to vote their choice of candidate ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA. This is a no-brainer.

Reality check: I'm Nkechi Bianze, from Delta State Nigeria. However, I can vote safely without threat to my life in the UK and Canada, but I CANNOT vote safely in Lagos Nigeria.

On this note, I have said this a few times and I'll say it again: As a Nigerian, I have suffered more tribalism from fellow Nigerians than I have suffered racism from people of other races.

The colonialists eradicated slavery and left us. We then continued to enslave ourselves by ourselves.

In a related news, some of you need to get this into your heads: Lagos is Nigeria, and EVERY NIGERIAN has the right to live in Lagos, vote and be voted for in Lagos. Your pipe dreams of thinking you can ask any group of people to vacate from Lagos is what is it... a pipe dream!

7 Likes

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by gurnam: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2019
RTSC:

Whatever you looking for, just know your people are also spread across the Niger delta as immigrants working.

The retaliation would be swift.
You can ask what concerns igbo with Niger delta. Try anything and you will find out.

Lolzzz..you are missing the point, they know exactly where to get you by the balls and all your leaders will be coming to prostrate and beg their leaders
Half of You are economically dependent on them to ensure you buy and sell your market in peace

I know the trepidation most of them are passing through now, most can’t go to church today

Meanwhile you can’t do anything to them in igboland without far bigger repercussions
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by eyescue(m): 11:58am On Feb 24, 2019
Yes you are right. We are just trying to install a better dev!l
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by teufelein(f): 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2019
keep this in mind....

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by UgwuAghachi: 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2019
Reminds me of when I was debating about this election with an Afonja. When the guy ran out of things to say he resulted in shouting that this election is between igbo and Yoruba and I sharply disagreed. I disagreed because if I did, then that means I was giving people the permission to blame igbo for the shortcomings or failure of pdp (if it happens that way). So I insisted that I was not just igbo but tiv, idoma, Erik, gbagyi, southern kaduna etc that are tired of the misrule of burahi. If yourba choose to back Buhari, they are the most selfish tribe in Nigeria because they are supporting him regardless of the fact that he is a genocidal, nepotic, divisive and clueless leader just because they think he will hand them presidency after he is done

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by goodnessme1(f): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2019
gurnam:

I don’t think yorubas and Ibos can politically stay in the same nigeria anymore

Ibos would eventually get what they are looking for in the SW going by the feelers of even some liberal yorubas
rants of coward tribe.

2 Likes

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by helinues: 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2019
Creating thread about this will only worsen the situations..

The guy deserves what he got but don't let us spread the fire.

1 Like

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by helinues: 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2019
teufelein:
keep this in mind....

Dont start what you can't finished.. You are referencing same Mazi Usain Bolt..
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by Ojiofor: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2019
aljharem:

Shut up Aljharem, how can you send thugs to Igbo dominated areas to prevent them from exercising their civil rights by voting their choice?
Don't push people to the wall.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by Amumaigwe: 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2019
gurnam:

Lolzzz..you are missing the point, they know exactly where to get you by the balls and all your leaders will be coming to prostrate and beg their leaders
Half of You are economically dependent on them to ensure you buy and sell your market in peace

I know the trepidation most of them are passing through now, most can’t go to church today

Meanwhile you can’t do anything to them in igboland without far bigger repercussions

Who is this compound fool? Igbos are not cowards. Just draw the first blood. We will loads the cacasses of those overfed Yoruba oil workers down.here in traillers and ship them back to SW. Noise making set of people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by gurnam: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Who is this compound fool? Igbos are not cowards. Just draw the first blood. We will loads the cacasses of those overfed Yoruba oil workers down.here in traillers and ship them back to SW. Noise making set of people.

Lmao! From where? Ph, Warri?

It will be sweet to watch you shout genocide and tag UN bodies again grin

2 Likes

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by GolDRoger: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2019
aljharem:

why did he led his gangs to disrupt people from performing their civic right?? you are no saying that one

is it because he is badly injured or maybe fear death? Thats why u are ranting upandan

how about those people that are being killed by their attacks? Those pple are no human beings shey??

Besides.. He incited violence, and it backfires on him.. There is no way u should call that HATE.... Afterall na igbo people still save him at the end

3 Likes

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by Amumaigwe: 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2019
gurnam:

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by SouthEastFacts: 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2019
naijaguy123456:
This mod is afraid of Yoruba attack. I pity some of your shops. Maybe I will get new generator and electronic items from some of Ibo shops if problem started, I pray you start nonsense. grin grin grin
Wetin aboki do una for Mile 12 never clear for una eyes abi?

Una don forget wetin Ijaw boys do una for Egbesu-Ijaw fight of 1999 abi?

Try any carelessness with Ndi Igbo in Lagos una go collect wella. After dealing with una here, we go still deal with the few in SE.

We will start with the oil workers that are running lazily here, load their carcass for trailer and send them across the Niger. Ask aboki as im be for their body when their sharia madness started in 2000. Nobody asked them to chill when they started receiving truckload of their brothers.

Never preach violence because it might consume. Even aboki that are naturally volatile don't just rush into fight with Ndi Igbo. Use your head

One thing I know is that Ndi Igbo will never run from fight with afonja (yoruba moslem ageberos. Yoruba christians are peace loving and detribalized)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by Emmerlee(m): 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2019
You guys should stop these shameful comments already. Too many emotional kids on Nairaland sef. Nigeria is 100x bigger than you all. The earlier we start living like brothers the better for us all..

Wetin gan sef! You hateful lots should better see psychiatrists asap to commence treatment for your mental sickness. Not joking at all.. Mscheeew
Re: This Election Is Not About IGBO And YORUBA -stay Focused! by teufelein(f): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
R I P Daniel
Around 9pm or so yesterday, I had posted on my Facebook wall that there should be a peaceful election "vote not fight". I had even added "God bless Nigeria" (little did I know that I was fooling myself).
I had gone to my polling unit like other humans to exercise my franchise to flex my right as a Nigerian who wants a better tomorrow for myself and my future. I had left my family hale and hearty. I was excited as I believed my vote would count.
There was an uproar just as I wanted to cast my vote. People ran here and there.
There was running and thumping. I ran too.
But then, something hot hit me. It ran deep into my body, the hotness seemed unending, I was fixated.
I felt my blood boil from my within, my head spinned, my eyes turned a hundred times in milliseconds.
I tried to shout, my voice was gone. I tried to move, my feet were numb. I was falling to the ground.
I could hear familiar and unfamiliar voices, but I couldn't make anything out of all they said.
My eyes were closing even though I struggled hard to keep them wide open.
I was shot. The bullet hotness boiled my blood and I slumped to the ground.
All these happened in seconds.
My name is Daniel Usman. I was a 300level student. I was just 19.
My only wrong was going out to exercise my right as a Nigerian so as to protect my future.
I died trying to vote my choice. I died trying to make sure my future is safe. A future I'd never see.
My future is gone.
I am gone, but then, Nigeria (a British contraption) remains.
I didn't die a coward. I was brave enough to want to vote. A lot of my friends didn't go out of their houses.
But here I am. Lifeless.
My mother would wail. All her prayers for me seemed to have wasted.
My father would gnash his teeth and curse.
My friends would cry.
My future has perished, there is no me no more. I am gone.
Don't ever forget my name. I am Daniel Usman.
#DairyOfADeadFuture.
#NigeriansDecide2019
WRITTEN BY::
Chris Nzube �

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drama In CCT As Lawyer Allegedly Catches Onnoghen's Witness With 'prepared Expo' / I Think Sanwolu Is About To Make History In Lagos. / Soldiers Serving In The North East Shares Pics Wishes Nigerians Merry Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.