Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes (1348 Views)

Lagos State Will Disappear By Sinking In The Next 50 Years - NIHSA / Ezekwesili To Buhari: Tell Nigerians The Truth About South-East Attacks / How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by paxonel(m): 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
Life is all about learning process, most developed countries today have gone through this stage nigeria is going through now and they have all overcomed it.

Imagine nigeria as a country not interested in education, it will take them the next 50 years for them to start seeing the damage this kind of mindset have caused the country.

Lets look at the two main contending candidates.
In summary, buhari is a good man thats why he was voted in, not that he was educationally competent to rule. We have seen the shortcomes of this incompetency, he lead nigeria into recession, today nigeria is the worlds capital of poverty.

Now look at it, Buhari is a good man he is not corrupt, very true. But inspite of that he lead nigeria into becoming the worlds capital of poverty.
Why?
Because the man is not educated, not because he is corrupt.

Now look at Atiku. Like every other president nigeria had before atleast he is more educated.
There was never any corruption case levelled againt him atleast he is also a good man.
Because he is more educated, there is tendency that he will do better than buhari.

But you know, nigerians are not interested whether the candidates contesting are educated or not, they are voting because the canditate is either APC or PDP. this mentality is a very big problem it will take the next 50 years for nigeria from.

Personally, i made up my mind for one thing. After the character of candidate I weigh this educational qualification before i vote.
For instance, i voted Atiku(PDP)because he is more educated among the main contestant and next saturday Lagos state governorship i am voting Sanwoolu(APC) because he is more educated than Agbaje (PDP).

THIS IS WHAT DEVELOPED NATIONS DO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by sinaj(f): 1:16pm On Feb 25, 2019
Sentiment and ethnicism has destroyed this country.

4 Likes

Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by Babalegba(m): 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2019
Jonathan is educated but brought the nation to its knees economically. Corruption is worse than lack of formal education because it destroys and brings misery to the population. It kills in large numbers also ,for example if an hospital is not functioning due to corruption then patients die.Intelligence and how you deploy it is more valuable. Anybody can choose between good and evil but only an intelligent man can choose rightly between two lesser evils.By rooting for Atiku your education failed you.Working in a corrupt environment is like trying to fill a broken pot with water

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by Olanireti(m): 3:02pm On Feb 25, 2019
Op is not making any sense. So you vote just because someone has formal education?
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by FearGodinall: 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2019
When Buhari said Nigeria youths are lazy,when Amaechi said Nigeria can never get better many look at the letter and never get into its real meaning and got lost in these pharases either emotionally or fanatically.When many talked about corruption,they refferenced the last administration and absolved the present administration of it but all global corruption. Indices indicate otherwise but because they are emotionally or fanatically attached to what they believe,they look the other way. If the present crop of ministers and other government appointees are probed maybe, that's when we may agree with global corruption percption Index rating.The bitter truth is, Buhari is not just a good man but he's demonic and represent anything evil.

1 Like

Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by paxonel(m): 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2019
Olanireti:
Op is not making any sense. So you vote just because someone has formal education?
does formal education make sense to you?
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by paxonel(m): 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2019
Babalegba:
Jonathan is educated but brought the nation to its knees economically.
we all know that economic melt down started the moment america stop petronizing nĂ­gerian crude oil in 2014, it was obama's decision not goodluck jonathans decision. It did not affect nigeria alone, it also affect most countries exporting crude oil to america

Corruption is worse than lack of formal education because it destroys and brings misery to the population. It kills in large numbers also
very true !
But corruption is a product of lack of education. The only solution to corruption is to educate the people.
When your president is not educated trust me, there is no way he can fight corruption effectively no matter how hard he tries. Only an educated president can fight it substantially.

,for example if an hospital is not functioning due to corruption then patients die.
do you realize that it takes only education to produce medical doctors? When your president is not educated how will he even communicate the needs of medical doctors talkless of making hospitals to become functional.
You will never understand the mind of an illiterate man until you are one. Hospitals and medicals are fictions to him, what he thinks is politics.

Intelligence and how you deploy it is more valuable. Anybody can choose between good an evil but only an intelligent man can choose rightly between two lesser evils.
very true ! and only and educated man will be intelligent enough to choose rightly in most case

By rooting for Atiku your education failed you
how?

See, lets be frank, leave APC or PDP out of it, we are talking about good better best here.
Atiku is not the best we know, but buhari is worst grin
Do you know what it means to rate nigeria as the poverty capital of the world?
It has never happened before since 1960.

3 years corruption fighting has not yet reflected positively to the economy then what are you fighting?

we are waiting.

Fighting corruption is very good, but is it only corruption a competent leader should fight?
The answer is no.
He must look at the economy too

Working in a corrupt environment is like trying to fill a broken pot with water
not only a corrupt environment but also economy that is conducive

1 Like

Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by Babalegba(m): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2019
paxonel:
does formal education make sense to you?
Formal education is obtained in the classroom,standardized and sticks to a syllabus while informal education is outside the classroom and is sometimes highly specialized . Anyway an army general who has attended courses in Sandhurst ,West point cannot be classified as an illiterate. Only people who miss the definition of education would classify a west point general as illiterate.
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by paxonel(m): 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2019
Babalegba:
Formal education is obtained in the classroom,standardized and sticks to a syllabus while informal education is outside the classroom and is sometimes highly specialized . Anyway an army general who has attended courses in Sandhurst ,West point cannot be classified as an illiterate. Only people who miss the definition of education would classify a west point general as illiterate.
between buhari and atiku who is more educated(formal or informal) ?
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by Babalegba(m): 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
paxonel:
between buhari and atiku who is more educated(formal or informal) ?
Atiku is more educated but has the propensity to be greedy and unfortunately there is not enough money in Nigeria or the world to satisfy a greedy man not to to talk of his corrupt appendages. Buhari is the better man and a thinking man's choice. He performed relatively well economically, Angola and Venezuela fared worse.He failed security wise though and is clannish in his appointments.
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by VaselineCrew: 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2019
Babalegba:
Jonathan is educated but brought the nation to its knees economically. Corruption is worse than lack of formal education because it destroys and brings misery to the population. It kills in large numbers also ,for example if an hospital is not functioning due to corruption then patients die.Intelligence and how you deploy it is more valuable. Anybody can choose between good and evil but only an intelligent man can choose rightly between two lesser evils.By rooting for Atiku your education failed you.Working in a corrupt environment is like trying to fill a broken pot with water

Even though I didn't support Jonathan, are you telling me that Jonathans time was worse than now

You guys just comment out of pure hate.

How much are you buying petrol now, how much are you trading dollar? How much are you buying foodstuff for your kitchen now compared to before?

By 2023, when dollar is 600 and petrol is N500, you will still be shouting that Nigeria doesn't need an educated president.

Something is really wrong with you lot, suffering and smiling zombies

4 Likes

Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by paxonel(m): 7:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
Babalegba:
Atiku is more educated but has the propensity to be greedy

What do you mean that Atiku has the propensity to be greedy?
Was there any situation before that pointed that he was greedy?
Because, for me there was never a situation that pointed out that buhari was greedy, so i will never say buhari has the propensity to be greedy

Buhari is the better man and a thinking man's choice. He performed relatively well economically,
interesting!
How do you define economic performance?

Within 3 years of your tenure exchange rate sky rocketed from N160 to N361 to a dollar(double devaluation)?
Have you ever considered the number of nigerians who have lost their jobs within this 3 years period where employers of labour could not enumerate salaries anymore because raw materials for production were becoming unnecessarily expensive to acquire, or salary earners not having corresponding increase in their income with respect to increase in prices of goods in the market in this past 3 years?

1 Like

Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by Babalegba(m): 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2019
VaselineCrew:

Even though I didn't support Jonathan, are you telling me that Jonathans time was worse than now

You guys just comment out of pure hate.

How much are you buying petrol now, how much are you trading dollar? How much are you buying foodstuff for your kitchen now compared to before?

By 2023, when dollar is 600 and petrol is N500, you will still be shouting that Nigeria doesn't need an educated president.

Something is really wrong with you lot, suffering and smiling zombies
Your education should have shed light on the prevailing world economic conditions during Jonathan's time, ,buharis time and the peculiarities of the Nigerian economy.Knowledge of economics would give you an answer here.
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by mistyebby(f): 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2019
All they did was call Atiku thief, but no clear case against him.

Nigeria's case is a generational problem and its unending. The older generations are liars and keep deceiving the youths.

Its only truth that will set this country free. Since people like Obasanjo will not right their wrongs now that they still live, their linage will suffer it.
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by VaselineCrew: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2019
Babalegba:
Your education should have shed light on the prevailing world economic conditions during Jonathan's time, ,buharis time and the peculiarities of the Nigerian economy.Knowledge of economics would give you an answer here.

Oh so Buharis time was tough abi? So why did he then take 6 months to elect ministers

You say you are ailing, yet you don't take any medicine!

Abeg swerve, all of you are soo used to suffering it sucks
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by BuhariAdvocate: 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2019
grin
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by alizma: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2019
paxonel:
Life is all about learning process, most developed countries today have gone through this stage nigeria is going through now and they have all overcomed it.

Imagine nigeria as a country not interested in education, it will take them the next 50 years for them to start seeing the damage this kind of mindset have caused the country.

In summary, buhari is a good man thats why he was voted in, not that he was educationally competent to rule. We have seen the shortcomes of this incompetency, he lead nigeria into recession, today nigeria is the worlds capital of poverty.

Now look at it, Buhari is a good man he is not corrupt, very true. But inspite of that he lead nigeria into becoming the worlds capital of poverty.
Why?

Now look at Atiku. Like every other president nigeria had before atleast he is more educated.
There was never any corruption case levelled againt him atleast he is also a good man.
Because he is more educated, there is tendency that he will do better than buhari.

But you know, nigerians are not interested whether the candidates contesting are educated or not, they are voting because the canditate is either APC or PDP. this mentality is a very big problem it will take the next 50 years for nigeria from.

Personally, i made up my mind for one thing. After the character of candidate I weigh this educational qualification before i vote.
For instance, i voted Atiku(PDP)because he is more educated among the main contestant and next saturday Lagos state governorship i am voting Sanwoolu(APC) because he is more educated than Agbaje (PDP).

shot that hole on your face before I get someone to shot it for you. Jonathan was educated but how did our national treasury fare under his watch, what level of infrastructure did he leave behind?
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by wirinet(m): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2019
Babalegba:
Atiku is more educated but has the propensity to be greedy and unfortunately there is not enough money in Nigeria or the world to satisfy a greedy man not to to talk of his corrupt appendages. Buhari is the better man and a thinking man's choice. He performed relatively well economically, Angola and Venezuela fared worse.He failed security wise though and is clannish in his appointments.

Please explain the bonded. Let's compare and contrast Atiku's and Buhari's grades, courses attended and diplomas obtained, then we can speculate on who is more educated.

At least we have seen Buhari's WAEC or is it Cambridge grades, we have seen his secondary school and course mates in India and the US. Have you seen any evidence of Atiku's certificates or course mates?
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by smeag0l(m): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2019
If you follow your analogy then we should vote for Mogahlu or Durotoye and not these thieves> I will say again, neither of them has any plan for Nigeria. The difference is that while Atiku has no plans for Nigeria because he wants to constantly enrich himself, Buhari has no plans for Nigeria because he doesn't have the intellect to know what to do and is being directed from left to right by his cabal. So would we have been better electing either of them?until
paxonel:

Why?

Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by jconsulting(f): 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2019
Let us see the next four years ,it is then you will know that we have made mistake , Americans are just laughing at us, a country that cannot boast of anything apart from oil, have you heard that FG is about to cut output , I hope you know the implication
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by toluleke(m): 2:06am On Feb 26, 2019
paxonel:

Why?

if your reasons are through Jonathan would have done better. Dangote won't be the richest in Africa, Been educated and not been discipline us zero
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by paxonel(m): 12:26pm On Feb 26, 2019
smeag0l:
If you follow your analogy then we should vote for Mogahlu or Durotoye and not these thieves>
exactly,
It is ok voting anyone so long the person is educated enough to rule atleast

I will say again, neither of them has any plan for Nigeria. The difference is that while Atiku has no plans for Nigeria because he wants to constantly enrich himself, Buhari has no plans for Nigeria because he doesn't have the intellect to know what to do and is being directed from left to right by his cabal. So would we have been better electing either of them?until
you cant say they dont have plans.
Everyone going to political positions have plans for his contituency, but whether that plan will be defeated or not only time will tell.
Buhari had plans for his 3 years tenure but those plans were defeated because he is simply uneducated, now the people are suffering for that
Re: It Will Take Nigerians The Next 50 Years To Start Understanding Their Mistakes by paxonel(m): 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
alizma:

shot that hole on your face before I get someone to shot it for you.
bush zombie, do you think life is by being violent shoting people? Nor go develop brain first, you go suffer grin

Jonathan was educated but how did our national treasury fare under his watch, what level of infrastructure did he leave behind?
who is talking about infrastructure?
I say the economy not infrastructure.

Who tells you that if the economy is not fixed infrastructure will not be affected positively?

Bush man grin

(1) (Reply)

They Want El Rufai For President? / What You Need To Know About Abia State / Sowore On His Way To Jail See 10 Politicians That Want To Jail Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.