Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion (39784 Views)

Fashola: Naira Notes Scarcity Hurting Nigerians, The Policy Must Be Reviewed / We Are Not Fools – Nigerians In Diaspora Disclose Reason For Supporting Tinubu / Ezekwesili To Buhari: Tell Nigerians The Truth About South-East Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by dre11(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2019
Sir: Jesus of Nazareth is the biological son of Joseph and Mary. Jesus Christ, on the other hand, is the God incarnate, Son of the Virgin Mary. The benefit of following the former, according to Seef Konijn, in his The Bridge from Old to New in Christian Belief (1973), is that you are expected to emulate him, while Jesus Christ, who is God is Wholly Other.

I notice that 2003 to 2015 when Major General Muhammadu Buhari (GMB) was seeking to become Nigeria’s President, he was lamenting infrastructural decay. But, after getting power in 2015, his priorities changed to self-aggrandizement, the war against Boko Haram and protection of the Fulani herdsmen terrorists.

How many Nigerians know the implications of the politicians bent on politicising Islam and Christianity? The politicians know that once they settle the Pastors and the Alufas, those “men and women of God” will persuade Nigerians that they (the politicians) are trying and that Nigerians should be patient. That is how Nigerians have been allowing the unjustifiable war against the Boko Haram Islamic sect-community of men, women, and children that did not attack anybody until attacked by the presidency of Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, compounded by Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, and aggravated by GMB who adds protection of the Fulani herdsmen terrorists, raping, killing and sacking agrarian communities, 2015 till date. Yet, I read that GMB, on Monday, December 9, 2019 “reiterated his government’s commitment to guaranteeing protection of the rule of law and sanctity of human lives.” Does he know the meaning of those words and expressions? Found out through his brutalities, including his lawlessness against Omoyele Sowore, et al.

GMB is now using all sorts of distraction to cover up his brutalities in the squandering of human lives and economic resources. In the course of degrading Boko Haram, he degraded Nigeria’s security and economy. He is dodging accountability for his petroleum ministry and recovery of looted funds. He has just given an extremely tall order to the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF), to give a daily account of income and expenditure. How is that possible in a diverse and complex system, such as a whole country? Yet, I heard some local people on the University of Ilorin FM, saying exactly what the GMB’s foolery was calculated to generate, that GMB is an icon of transparency. That is the same GMB who doubles himself as the petroleum minister, and is recovering looted funds without accountability for anything to anybody. If GMB is an icon of transparency, he should order the AGF to account for what he (GMB) gulped when he spent more than hundred days and more than forty days in London, where he grounded the presidential jet with wanton abandon.
Prof. Ọlọjẹẹde Oyeniran Abiọjẹ wrote from the University of Ilorin.

What did GMB’s war against Boko Haram and the protection of the Fulani herdsmen terrorists cost Nigeria on daily basis, 2015 to date? Some unthinking people even lauded Ahmed Bola Tinubu as “a social transformer”, for demolishing people’s houses and shops as “shanties”, making Lagos look beautiful, artificially, with open defecation and acute shortage of pipe borne water. How can people get good leaders, when they don’t even know what to hail and what to condemn? That is why Nigerians are extremely easy to fool. That is why Charles Oputa (Charley Boy) used the adjective Mumu (idiots, in American parlance) to describe them. GMB ordered the AGF to give daily accounts of income and expenditure as if Nigeria were a simple shop and GMB is eulogised as a saint for that foolish order. God have mercy on Nigeria.

https://m.guardian.ng/opinion/how-buhari-fools-nigerians/

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Greenback: 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
How buhari fool coneheaded structures and algorithmic sophisticated moraans,thank you

219 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by FemiEddy(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
Those who are wise are already seeking and searching for God before God starts pouring His wrath on mankind, The others are still being deceived and distracted by the things of the world. If you think The world or Nigeria will get better, You need to wake up before its too late. We were all warned. Man created Religions, doctrines, denominations and traditions, God sent a Savior. Living in the end of time....

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by qanda: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Dobbes(m): 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
We love it....
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by semyman: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
Good, making allegations you can substantiate because of worthless accolades.
When you given the Sowore treatment now, you will be looking for rule of law.
There is absolute freedom of speech before you speak, freedom after the speech is usually not guaranteed.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by wonuks(m): 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
cheesy
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Humphrizy(m): 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
**The War against Boko Haram and protection of Fulani herdsmen** Nice point they gat there.

Truth be told... I ain't siding anybody... But all em politicians do fill-up the minds of people with empty campaign promises... Once they get the power wey dem dey find... Them go dey treat the people that voted them in anyhow... E no make sense atall...
Kindly call or whatsapp 0"8"0"921'519'59 if you need Pure Original Unadulterated Honey.. Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by NORSIYK(m): 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
Unfortunately he couldn't fool the Igbos, we're too clever for a semi illiterate fellow like boo.hari

168 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by sorom4: 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
Yahoo guys are in Government

9 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by idid: 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
Must everything be tribalistic?
Can't you reason? Should we continue this way? And did you even read the article?

Greenback:
How buhari fool coneheaded structures and algorithmic sophisticated moraans,thank you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by davidodiba(m): 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
I have never seen such a United castigation of a sitting president turned dictator or dictator turned slowpoke? ...mtcheeewwwww

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Goldencheese(m): 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
But his lie lie people still love him.

13 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Finnese001: 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
idid:
Must everything be tribalistic?
Can't you reason? Should we continue this way? And did you even read the article?

Forget tribalism, yorubas follow put us in this mess because of their selfishness, when most of them no even sure weather them go reach 2023

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by TallPck1(m): 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
Major General Buhari is the real yahoo man!

26 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Badonasty(m): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
Lol... The kain taxation wey we go face next year.... Body go tell us

19 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
I weep for my country.
Sold to Nigerians as the last great hope of anti-corruption, a no-nonsense General who would with his horsewhip, get everyone in line and take the country to her Eldorado.
Without doubt Buhari has failed woefully, but my concern is this: who then would rescue Nigeria from the doldrums?
For we who are out of the country, especially we the professionals, is there any hope of ever coming back to Nigeria during our productive years, esp some of us who are keen to help use our skills and develop the country?
Doesnt sound right to keep excelling in a foreign land while motherland rots away.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by barnny(m): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
Inside life grin

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by tunary(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
Imagine an illiterate//semi illiterate outsmarting the educated and the smart once. some Nigerians truly deserve the hardship befalling them

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Ekakamba: 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
grin tongue
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by megacity: 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
Dear Guardian,

Since you just woke up, good morning

22 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by DoubleEngine007: 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
Not all Nigerians,cuz m not among those he fooled.. He only fooled those that are fools,those that voted him this third time ,those still defending him even as I'm typing now..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by philip0906(m): 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
While Buhari is an incompetent dolt, this write up is clearly half baked and doesn't do justice to the purported subject matter.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by foolbuster: 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
Not all nigerians thou.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by rusher14: 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
I notice that 2003 to 2015 when Major General Muhammadu Buhari (GMB) was seeking to become Nigeria’s President, he was lamenting infrastructural decay. But, after getting power in 2015, his priorities changed to self-aggrandizement, the war against Boko Haram and protection of the Fulani herdsmen terrorists.

Nairaland sef.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by steppin: 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
Somewhere in Nigeria someone is planning to run away with contribution money this December. grin

11 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by ednut1(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2019
Wailing is futile. Wait till 2023 to make a choice between tinubu and el rufia

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Chuknovski(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2019
I always knew buhari is a snake, a cobra at that

10 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by APOPTOSIS: 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2019
I never expected him to perform at all.
If u had ever expected so much from him, then u need a BRAIN EVALUATION.
So I am not Surprised at the happenings.
In fact he has performed beyond what I envisaged. grin grin grin
Said BaBa grin grin grin

22 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by barnny(m): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2019
quaintbloke:
I weep for my country.
Sold to Nigerians as the great hope of anti-corruption

As if you were not part of the corruption. U better stop weeping and think of a solution angry

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Set To Announce Staggered Elections / Tribunal Sacks Kabir Yusuf As Kano Governor, Declares APC's Gawuna Winner / Shiites React To Proscription Of Its Activities By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.