Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,262 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC (20514 Views)

Report On Akwa Ibom North-west Senatorial Ticket Final, INEC Tells Akpabio / Akpabio Vs Nunieh: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks / Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District Result As It Stands Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by droptrend205: 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
The Resident Electoral Commissioner in Akwa Ibom, Mr Mike Igini, has said that the Commission has not declared a winner in Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District election.

Igini said this at the resumption of collation of results for the Presidential and National Assembly elections in Uyo on Monday.

There have been speculations in the social media that Sen. Godswill Akapbio, who defected from Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to All Progressives Congress lost the election to the PDP candidate, Mr Chris Ekpenyong.

While Akpabio is a former governor of the state, Ekpenyong was a deputy governor under the administration of Chief Victor Attah from 1999 to 2007.

The REC, however, dispelled the rumour going round on the social media, saying: “Nobody has declared election result in Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District.’’

The commissioner said that the election at Udung Uko Local Government Area had been cancelled due to violence and ballot box snatching.

Igini said the collation officer for the local government area,Mr Emeka Adizua, was held hostage on Saturday until the police rescued him on Sunday.

The collation of results for the presidential election in Akwa Ibom is still ongoing.

Photos below :

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/nobody-declared-winner-in-aibom-north-west-rec/

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by droptrend205: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2019
shocked
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by cutesmilez(f): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nassarawa Election should be inconclusive..... Only about 8k lead and cancelled vote is more than 100k..... Interesting

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Hadone(m): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2019
Noted
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by BubuZombi: 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2019
Apkabio my man

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by GemstoneJs(m): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2019
I love atiku, nobody can have worse economic policies than buhari, the only reason i voted buhari in 2015 was the integrity and anti-corruption wave he was riding on, or more like i was frustrated with the massive corruption going on under GEJs admin...

Bu corruption till APC is voted out...
Even if Atiku loses, i'm satified the will of the people prevailed, especially in ss and se, in south-west that was to be on lockdown for buhari, it was a tight battle, close margins across the region, it shows The Yoruba people are really educated and aren't tribal bigots as some online imbecit even the reason i voted him has been defeated, Nigeria is just as corrupt, if not worse than GEJs regime, we won't hear the full details of theles tend to potray them, they have the voice of their own and many aren't satisfied with this administration....
To the South-west, You all fought hard and fought well Nigeria has seen your efforts

To SS and SE, no be today wey dem know say we tire for APC especially SE, since 2015 sef..
To NE, NW and even NC...... i don't even know what to say sef..(only Plateau votes really reflected what has been going on in the region in the past 4years, Kudos to Plateau for resisting tyranny)

at this point lets keep watching and hoping for the best...
our God is a living God
Atiku go be our president las las

46 Likes

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Splinz(m): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2019
smiley

The WarSaw general came and saw GeneralWar and he was humbled. How the mighty have fallen!

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Kundagarten: 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
You can wait till next week and Akpabio is still going to lose.
We have pictures from collation centres.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by siraj1402(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ok
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by ekems2017(f): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
We all know that Chris has won the election and Akpabio is trying to manipulate it. Even if Akpabio is declared the winner, we from that axis knows that it's Chris that won that senatorial seat.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by tocin44(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
shocked
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by lovesamzy: 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ok
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Edygrin(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2019
OK

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2019
H
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Frankbaro(m): 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2019
This rigging is becoming difficult I guess.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Carlyscales: 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2019
Pls at what time is this report?
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Evalove77(m): 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nigeria and corruption is like Buhari and APC. I fear o. Their plan is to change d result in favor of Stupid Akpabio. Buh no p. God dey!

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by tsinzu: 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
cutesmilez:
Nassarawa Election should be inconclusive..... Only about 8k lead and cancelled vote is more than 100k..... Interesting
Atiku won nassarawa cleanly but they went to abuja to announce something else. Same thing with kogi. This Yakubu INEC is taking us back to the days of Maurice Iwu

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by PHILipu1(m): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
Kundagarten:
You can wait till next week and Akpabio is still going to lose.
We have pictures from collation centres.
Fake result sheets by PDP.
INEC have the final say
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Kelklein(m): 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2019
INEC should announce the result the same way they hurriedly announced Saraki in Kwara..

Anything short of that will be toying with their credibility

Akpabio can not have his cake and eat it too.

To the good people of Nigeria,, let me tell you the worst that can happen today or tomorrow... Buhari will be declared winner. We'd all endure another hectic four years run by the cabals, as corroborated by Aisha herself. (Two years out of the four years, the president won't talk to any of us).

Nigerians have the 'thickest' skin in the world.. We have seen worse, so these too shall pass.. If we can survive Abacha, I believe even Buhari's 10 years is a child-play.

Hold still.. Help is coming!

We go dey okay las las

10 Likes

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Wizygreat12: 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2019
Akpabio done loss the Election abeg let him go and sit down neal his zombie master Tinubu jara

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by SEONaijaExpert: 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2019
Akpabio will win definitely. The handwriting is on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by KubwaBoy: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2019
Time to start looking for Visa. Even Kenya, I no mind.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Sholaco: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2019
Court should decide for them
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Lokostic77: 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2019
[quote author=GemstoneJs post=76114226]I love atiku, nobody can have worse economic policies than buhari, the only reason i voted buhari in 2015 was the integrity and anti-corruption wave he was riding on, or more like i was frustrated with the massive corruption going on under GEJs admin...

Bu corruption till APC is voted out...
Even if Atiku loses, i'm satified the will of the people prevailed, especially in ss and se, in south-west that was to be on lockdown for buhari, it was a tight battle, close margins across the region, it shows The Yoruba people are really educated and aren't tribal bigots as some online imbecit even the reason i voted him has been defeated, Nigeria is just as corrupt, if not worse than GEJs regime, we won't hear the full details of theles tend to potray them, they have the voice of their own and many aren't satisfied with this administration....
To the South-west, You all fought hard and fought well Nigeria has seen your efforts

To SS and SE, no be today wey dem know say we tire for APC especially SE, since 2015 sef..
To NE, NW and even NC...... i don't even know what to say sef..(only Plateau votes really reflected what has been going on in the region in the past 4years, Kudos to Plateau for resisting tyranny)

at this point lets keep watching and hoping for the best...
our God is a living God
Atiku go be our president las las[/quote was so surprised to see Buhari winning in kogi state, they should not complain about ineptitude of Yaya Bello, am also waiting for Benue if Buhari also win there then they should stop masturbating about herdsmen killing ]
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Kundagarten: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2019
PHILipu1:

Fake result sheets by PDP.
INEC have the final say
As long as INEC maintains it impartiality, we have no problem with INEC's verification.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Achorise: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2019
Even PDP should lose the presidency,God forbid though,let Akpabio be retired.
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
Re: Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC by Jacko1(m): 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Akpabio will win definitely. The handwriting is on the wall.

I wanna agree with you so badly. But 4 out of 6 SW states going to buhari. Kogi... Kwara... Nassarawa in the bag already. Atiku can only win at most 14 states. Nigerians love suffer. This is not even victory for Buhari. This is victory for mamman daura and abba kyari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta South: Uduaghan Reacts To Tribunal Judgment Sacking Manager As Senator / Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) / Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Jobseeker’s Allowance -presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.