Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu (16657 Views)

Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted / JS Okutepa SAN Who Reject Tinubu Legal Team Join Peter Obi Legal Team / Ekiti Women, Youths Reject Election Results, Describe Fayemi As Robber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by nairavsdollars(f): 7:52am On Feb 26, 2019
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and co-chairman of APC Presidential Campaign Council spoke with journalists in Alausa, Ikeja after voting in last Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly Elections on the chances of his party and other issues. TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI brings the excerpts:

How would you assess the election so far?

It is peaceful. So far; so good. It demonstrated the resilience of Nigerians. We are using one of the best and difficult ways to select our representatives. Even democracy is not the easiest project to manage; it is not the easiest system to maintain, but with resilience and strong determination, we are getting there and we are making progress. This morning (Saturday) I can say within this polling unit and some other ones that I have passed through, they are doing well.

How would you describe the comportment of the electorate who trooped out to cast their votes?

I commend them because despite the fact that the elections were postponed last week Saturday, they were still excited and ready to cast their votes despite the postponement. There could be frustration and disappointment at one point or the other. But we could see that it was not deliberate. We could see that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), as the umpire, gave us very good briefing throughout the week; giving us progress report. That is taking response to bullet. That is being open; that is being honest. We must move ahead; that is what we need in Nigeria and in a democratic society.

If the people of Nigeria vote out your party, what would you do?

I will say we will accept it; that is peoples’ verdict; that is their decision. Any democrats that cannot accept the results of free and fair elections, is not worthy of the name. You must be able to accept the results of a free and fair election.

What is your hope? Do you think you can win this election?

My hope and determination and for my party is that we are winning.

What gives you the confidence?

Because we have the support of the people. Look back and look at our rallies alone, that is an indication of who have the populace; the ordinary people. We are not talking about the elite; the rich. We are talking about ordinary farmers, traders, artisans and the common men. We are talking about parents whose children are feeding now at least once a day. We are talking about those people. They have to be grateful and still continue with him.

If the opposition rejects the result, what happens?

They are not democrats. They don’t believe in value and philosophy; you will see their desperation and they cannot claim to be democrats.

There have been complaints about logistics in some areas of Lagos State. Are you satisfied with the performance of INEC?

I am satisfied with what INEC is doing so far. You don’t drive yourself like a vehicle. You can easily develop fuel pomp problem on the highway. It is something that is mechanic. INEC said it experienced bad weather last week. I fly a lot. I have come to a situation where I got to an airport in this country and after spending two hours, we could not land. You cannot but accept nature. That one is beyond you.

There are allegations that your party is planning to rig the election. For example, there are pictures online that surface about bullion vans coming out of your premises?

Bullion vans; are they ballot papers? Where am I voting now?

There are allegations that those bullion vans carry money or ballot to rig election?

Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government. I am not in the agencies of government. And let anybody come out to say I have taken any contracts from the government of President Muhammadu Buhari or All Progressives Congress (APC) in the last four years. They should prove it. I am on my own and I am committed to my party. So, even if I have money to spend in my premises; what is your headache? If I don’t represent any agency of government and I have money to spend, can’t is spend it? If I have money and give it to the people free of charge as long as it is not to buy votes. You are talking of yesterday; so who are those watching my house and seeing bullion vans; they must be mischief-makers. They are lazy people and liars.

How would you describe the electoral process in Nigeria?

None of you became adult suddenly in one day. Without the advent of science and technology, you wait until the delivery before you can even identify the sex of a child. In your home, to raise your children and to even organise your kitchen and your living room, it takes time, perseverance, tolerance, endurance, consistency and strong determination, that we have adopted in democracy and that we want it to grow. So, we leave with the hate and pains, peace and value of it and then, we would move on.
https://www.independent.ng/those-who-reject-election-results-are-not-democrats-tinubu/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Homeboiy: 7:53am On Feb 26, 2019
cry
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Ekpeitut: 7:55am On Feb 26, 2019
Says the bullion van magician

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Naughtytboy: 7:55am On Feb 26, 2019
God punish ur fada

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by KubwaBoy: 7:55am On Feb 26, 2019
Please who has a sure link on how I can leave this country. Please don't leave me with Buhari for the next 4 years. Nairalanders abroad, please help my situation.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by nrexzy: 8:07am On Feb 26, 2019
Those wey no like am go court

10 Likes

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by oyebanji44: 8:07am On Feb 26, 2019
grin grin Atikulooter

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by DankemzI(m): 8:13am On Feb 26, 2019
I guess those who rigged for the brain dead general are Republicans

22 Likes

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:16am On Feb 26, 2019
CONFIRM!!
How come the PDP is rejecting results that have not been fully and completely announced? How can one reject the result of an uncompleted game? The process of an election does not end until the final collation and announcement of results.

Is the PDP rejecting the totality of the results nationwide?
If yes, does it mean they also reject the results that would be announced later by INEC which may indicate that they have won in certain areas?
Are they also rejecting the results already announced that indicate they won in some areas?
For instance, are they rejecting the results of the FCT already announced in which they won?

It is now obvious that the top hierarchy of the PDP is hysterical and nervous. We urge them to calm down. Obviously, this is the first time they are sensing a massive loss of an election as opposition party. 

We advise the PDP that as opposition party for many years,
we have been down this road before.
This is not the time to sacrifice the country for personal ambition.
If they feel they have lost (as their statement clearly indicates),
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar must pick up his phone to make that famous call to President Muhammadu Buhari.
The world is watching him and so are sane Nigerians.
END OF DISCUSSION!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by corenewsonline: 8:16am On Feb 26, 2019
THIS COUNTRY IS MESSED UP! HOW DID WE GET HERE? RIGGING EVERYWHERE.. angry

15 Likes

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Denikayan: 8:16am On Feb 26, 2019
Tell them again Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Some people at the back seat still haven't heard.

6 Likes

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Baawaa(m): 8:16am On Feb 26, 2019
Somebody shout Halleluyah,Atikulooting we are hearing last week is no more grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by goodlifehyd1: 8:16am On Feb 26, 2019
angry
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Bungalow: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2019

7 Likes

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2019
grin

4 Likes

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Denikayan: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2019
DankemzI:
I guess those who rigged for the brain dead general are Republicans

E pain you reach that level?

Take Tramadol, it calms the nerves

4 Likes

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Citizen0(m): 8:17am On Feb 26, 2019
This man will not dye well

6 Likes

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Alighoda2(m): 8:17am On Feb 26, 2019
The election was not free and fair,it was massively rigged in favour buhari in the core north,so nobody should mention democracy here

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by paddyofboss(m): 8:17am On Feb 26, 2019
Democrats are in the US.. We want jungle justice for riggers....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Benblaq(m): 8:17am On Feb 26, 2019
One day all of you will be history.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by lastempero: 8:18am On Feb 26, 2019
Ara GBA GI there,iam happy your people have rejected you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by olaolulazio(m): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2019
Secondus is in painnnnnnnn grin grin

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Citizen0(m): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2019
This man will not die well

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by helinues: 8:18am On Feb 26, 2019
Abi oo.
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Cue4rm: 8:18am On Feb 26, 2019
Democrat kee yu dia.

Nonsense talk from a criminal drug Lord.
Nigeria is gone, good bye Nigeria

There was a country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by tesppidd: 8:18am On Feb 26, 2019
It's a wrap.

Atiku should just emulate Jonathan and make that call.

Since he has been forming democrat all along.
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by ArmaniUhuru: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2019
Tinubu alone will bear the consequences of whatever evil the Apc is doing now. By then it will be too late.

Zone presidency to southwest in 2023, the northerners will desert the party for him. They love to be head of affairs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by mr1759: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2019
Bullion van election

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by LegitHustler: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2019
Na all of us go suffer or enjoy the outcome grin grin grin

Enjoy wireless music using the bluetooth music receiver, connect your phone to your sound system wirelessly and enjoy the wireless music revolution

Call 070 68 190 311 for more info

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by hokafor(m): 8:19am On Feb 26, 2019
This old fool are you not ashamed of your self,the blood of those you and your cohorts wasted will surely vist your generations

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Ololanla: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2019
You will be rewarded accordingly.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol: NNPC Slashes Price For Marketers To Ease Scarcity / Journalist Addresses Remi Tinubu As Mummy, As She Reveals Next Plan / Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.