Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,294 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm (979 Views)

Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Can You Imagine What This Picture Will Cause In Nigeria Politics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by dgb4(m): 7:28pm On Apr 24, 2007
MY dear Nairalanders,

I'm foreseeing the harm of 419 in this our country.

The worst of it all is that the rate of this 419 is increasing within Nigerians, i.e  A Nigerian to his fellow Nigerian, not to talk about the internatonal aspect of it .

Most country's nerves are always up whenever they just overheard that someone is a Nigerian or is from Nigeria.

Most of us may have one or two stor(ies) to tell about this.

I start:

Last year December, I  lost about 150K from a so called Barnabas Nwanih a Nigeria who claimed that he is in the UK and promised to process my travel documents.

You may tell ur own story by replying to this topic.
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by BigB11(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2007
There is no need to be telling or sharing sad, despicable and degrading stories.
The damage is done; the entire world sees Nigerians as whole bunch of lowlife lazy swindlers.

It is sad and very painful to walk around with shame and scared to be identified as Nigerian. It hurts me to my bone and I truly can not take it.
Hence, there is absolutely nothing to write about; I'm sorry, if you have any story regarding 419, please keep it to yourself.

Our main focus at this moment is to find or develop a perfect strategy to clean up our image.

Nigeria like any other country has the bad, the good and the ugly; now it is our duty to find a way to expose the good, the great and the incredible to the rest of the world.

Nigerians are wonderful people, very smart, very hard working, wouldn't settle for less, very educated, very classy and so on.
We must find a way to get these beautiful qualities out there and reject the image that is being populated by the international media.

There is no way we, Nigerians should allow our images to be tarnished by the few villainous rotten ones among us.

Something must be done.

@Topic
I'm sorry for casting a curved ball at your topic, but this is not the time.
Together we must make things right for our future and the progressiveness of our great nation.

Sincerely,

Big b1.
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by donmayor(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2007
Nigerians have been duping Nigerians tete. Your story is not new o. Just 150k? You lucky gan.
Big B1 has said it all. Nigeria has a very bad image internationally. Until we let our light shine, the world would keep having a negative image about us and the only way we can let our light shine is dealing with the root of our problem in Nigeria - Corruption. Just look at the last general election. It is enough to reinforce the belief in the western world that Nigeria is nothing but a Nation of criminals and we are responsible for some of their woes.
God help us
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by rowlandwhy: 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2007
Big B1:

There is no need to be telling or sharing sad, despicable and degrading stories.
The damage is done; the entire world sees Nigerians as whole bunch of lowlife lazy swindlers.

It would have been better u kept quiet if u have no experience.
I think this topic was posted here for younger ones like us to get educated and inform others because this 419 of a thing is getting so much in Nigeria.
@ Topic
closing this topic abruptly by Big 1 whatever is not accepted
Please share ur experience, if u dont have just pass-by
Thank u.
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by degoat: 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2007
Oga Big b1 left me speechless.

No doubt about it, we must find a way to show the world that Nigerians are cool people.

Don't judge a Nigerian based on our political palava, corrupt leaders and the 419s.

We must get the word out to CNN, Oprah, BBC, MSNBC and so on.
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by dgb4(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2007
Big B1:

It is sad and very painful to walk around with shame and scared to be identified as Nigerian. It hurts me to by bone and I truly can not take it.
Hence, there is absolutely nothing to write about; I'm sorry, if you have any story regarding 419, please keep it to yourself.

Our main focus at this moment is to find or develop a perfect strategy to clean up our image.

Nigeria like any other country has the bad, the good and the ugly; now it is our duty to find a way to expose the good, the great and the incredible to the rest of the world.

Nigerians are wonderful people, very smart, very hard working, wouldn't settle for less, very educated, very classy and so on.
We must find a way to get these beautiful qualities out there and reject the image that is being populated by the international media.

There is no way we, Nigerians should allow our images to be tarnished by the few villainous rotten ones among us.

Something must be done.

@Topic
I'm sorry for casting a curved ball at your topic, but this is not the time.
Together we must make things right for our future and the progressiveness of our great nation.

Sincerely,

Big b1.

!Big B!
You see what u have caused ?
I am really interested in this topic.
Na wa O Bad belles in the house.
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by hbrednic: 5:12am On Apr 26, 2007
419,419 and 41-10,old news.please guys something positive for now abeg
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by rowlandwhy: 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2007
hbrednic:

419,419 and 41-10,old news.please guys something positive for now abeg

I suspect u are one of them.
if not allow the young ones to learn!
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by hbrednic: 5:27am On May 02, 2007
@rowlandwhy

sorry my education,morals and values surpasses 419.i believe i am okay in every sence they way i am,i can never cheat anyone for material gains.i said we need something positive cos we cant stay on negativity forever,i think our young ones will profit more learning about positive things.we already have a lot of postings in this forum regarding 419,we can always refer to them to make comments instead of starting a new one.
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by Rlst84sale(m): 2:42am On May 03, 2007
A short cut is always a wrong cut, if you are not looking for a cheap thing you won't get gyped.
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by goodguy(m): 4:00pm On May 03, 2007
Big B1, well said.

@ rolandwhy, what exactly are you hoping to 'learn' from 419 stories here? We should be discussing solutions, not problems.
Re: This Stigma Of 419 In Nigeria Will Cause Us A Lot Of Harm by Bankole01(m): 4:28pm On May 03, 2007
Talking about something, brings out solutions. People share and learn from the mistakes of others, so telling stories of 419 helps to highlight the problem. Our complicity of silence has helped to give the world the notion that we are all crooks. The last elections was a good example that we all have to raise our voice to condemn overwhelmingly.

I recent started a business here in the US and everytime I present my proposals to manufacturers and they find out I am a Nigerian by national origin, they loose all interest in me.
So you see, we all loose out from this practise of a few greedy criminals. We have to talk about it to shame the perpetrators, even turning them in to the authority where-ever we reside, to let the whole world know Nigerians are not all crooks.

(1) (Reply)

Is President Olusegun Obsanjo Really Going? / Frscn / Siemens Bribes Paid Through Ex-vp's Wife's Us Account- Us Sec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.