Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Does The Christian God Actually Exist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Christian God Actually Exist? (8899 Views)

Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / What did God actually say here ???( proof ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2010
So because the bible makes a claim then it must be true, eh? I am not interested in false and ridiculous claims that have no evidence, am only interested i claims that are verifiable and have evidence to support them,  Since the bible has been shown to be FALSE(a lot of biblical claims have been shown to be false) with regards to some of its claims that I can check and verify,  why then should I trust it with regards to things that I can not verify like eternal life?. . . . .All religious books have claims about what will happen after a person dies, I just want you to show that your own religion assertions is true while that of other religions are false, so evidence to back up our religious claims pls. . . . . .
Here u go.Go do your research well,everything said in your Bible is happening and will still take place b4 your very eyes.Ignorant mind,The Bible was written many centuries ago(atleast everybody agrees with dat) wether it was authentic or not.But tell me which "book" ever made perfect predictions of our present day?The Bible u claim 2 have rea,didn't u come across d passages that talked of War happening in rapid succesion?Didn't your Bible tell u dat Earthquakes will happen in "these last days"?Didn't your Bible,tell u dat evil will abound in these last days?Isn't it happening right b4 u?Ignorant soul,YES OR NO?
The Bible tells us of "increased knowledge in d "last days"". . .Isn't it happening right b4 u?Mind u,even Mohammed,"recognised d Bible and Jesus".READ THE KORAN. . .  What of d many discoveries made dat proves dat indeed,d Bible is "MASTER OF ALL".Were u lost when even many non-christians,were finding "tombs" and "death places"? Ignorant Soul. . .

Ok, go ahead and disprove the cell theory or the theory of gravity and the theory of relativity and lets see how far you will go. . . . .The bible is NOT and will never be an evidence for anything, the bible is only full of ridiculous claims, so many of which have been shown to be false(creation account, global flood, Exodus form Egypt, Conquest of Canaan, some of the events surrounding the life of Jesus etc) . . . . . By the way the bible also contradicts it self because it is FULL of contradictions and copyist errors. . . . . .At lest I use my brain to critically analyze things, I just don't accept things because I was forced to accept them since childhood or because the society in live in blindly accepts them. . . . . . .Am happy for my brain because it functions better than that of so many other people. . . . .
I laff. . .isn't it your fellow "thinkers" who told us dat they have discovered everything "hidden" under d sun?They told us dat we had 9 planets and yet they r discovering more and their discoveries which began ages is yet 2 be completed?Psalm 145:3 is only being confirmed.Cell theory,propounded by who?Humans like me?Isn't it these scientists that update their research work,when they falter?MY BIBLE HAS NEVER BEEN UPDATED cheesy
What particular claims are you talking about, list them and lets examine them closely, by the way you just said that people have claimed, people always make claims, and people are also known to lie for their religions all the time, take a look at the Church and its history, it has always been one lie after the other, by the way muslims also claim and testify to the promises of the koran in their lives, no? When you look around to you see Christians faring better than non christians? Do christians recover faster from sickness than non christians? Are christian better protected from harm than non christians? Are christians richer or happier than non christians? The answer is a big NO, so what the heck are you talking about? What exactly are the biblical promises that are been "fulfilled"?
Lol. . .u then have not read d Bible u claimed 2 have read or u simply do not understand it. . . .Man,I told u 2 be more adventerous,praticalise,u'll get your questions solved.Don't let your little brain blind u in2 trying 2 know d truth.How d'u know beans is bitter without tasting it?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
OH SOUL. . .
Death is one of our many greatest mysteries yet unsolved.
I ask my self y?Isn't it my life?don't I have control over my own life?
I would have loved 2 live much more,but I know not when I'll be dust. . .
Many thinkers b4 me,would have loved 2 spend more time on earth trying
to disprove and discredit d existence of God but alas,they r now dust. . .
I ask y?is't it my life?Y can't I fix d day of my death like I'll fix d day of my bash?
. . .They tell us d world is over 6 billion/trillion years old,yet we r yet 2 discover d
various things on this planet,solve d numerous mysteries and answer d numerous
questions on our lips.Do we say its a shame?
Cures 4 numerous sicknesses r found regularly,but no cure 4 death. . .Y?Can't I die
when I want 2?Since there is no supreme beign watching over my affairs,I should have monoppoly
over my life,its my life. . .alas,i can't. I know not 2moro,neither d next minute
humanity is indeed confused. . .

I don't want 2 hear THAT'S LIFE I want 2 know Y ITS LIFE. . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2010
Now let me help u guys. . .
There are both internal and external evidences that the Bible is truly God’s Word. The internal evidences are those things within the Bible that testify of its divine origin. One of the first internal evidences that the Bible is truly God’s Word is seen in its unity. Even though it is really sixty-six individual books, written on three continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years, by more than 40 authors who came from many walks of life, the Bible remains one unified book from beginning to end without contradiction. This unity is unique from all other books and is evidence of the divine origin of the words which God moved men to record.

Another of the internal evidences that indicates the Bible is truly God’s Word is the prophecies contained within its pages. The Bible contains hundreds of detailed prophecies relating to the future of individual nations including Israel, certain cities, and mankind. Other prophecies concern the coming of One who would be the Messiah, the Savior of all who would believe in Him. Unlike the prophecies found in other religious books or those by men such as Nostradamus, biblical prophecies are extremely detailed. There are over three hundred prophecies concerning Jesus Christ in the Old Testament. Not only was it foretold where He would be born and His lineage, but also how He would die and that He would rise again. There simply is no logical way to explain the fulfilled prophecies in the Bible other than by divine origin. There is no other religious book with the extent or type of predictive prophecy that the Bible contains.
A third internal evidence of the divine origin of the Bible is its unique authority and power. While this evidence is more subjective than the first two, it is no less a powerful testimony of the divine origin of the Bible. The Bible’s authority is unlike any other book ever written. This authority and power are best seen in the way countless lives have been transformed by the supernatural power of God’s Word. Drug addicts have been cured by it, homosexuals set free by it, derelicts and deadbeats transformed by it, hardened criminals reformed by it, sinners rebuked by it, and hate turned to love by it. The Bible does possess a dynamic and transforming power that is only possible because it is truly God’s Word.
There are also external evidences that indicate the Bible is truly the Word of God. One is the historicity of the Bible. Because the Bible details historical events, its truthfulness and accuracy are subject to verification like any other historical document. Through both archaeological evidences and other writings, the historical accounts of the Bible have been proven time and time again to be accurate and true. In fact, all the archaeological and manuscript evidence supporting the Bible makes it the best-documented book from the ancient world. The fact that the Bible accurately and truthfully records historically verifiable events is a great indication of its truthfulness when dealing with religious subjects and doctrines and helps substantiate its claim to be the very Word of God.
Another evidence that the Bible is truly God’s Word is the indestructibility of the Bible. Because of its importance and its claim to be the very Word of God, the Bible has suffered more vicious attacks and attempts to destroy it than any other book in history. From early Roman Emperors like Diocletian, through communist dictators and on to modern-day atheists and agnostics, the Bible has withstood and outlasted all of its attackers and is still today the most widely published book in the world.
Throughout time, skeptics have regarded the Bible as mythological, but archeology has confirmed it as historical. Opponents have attacked its teaching as primitive and outdated, but its moral and legal concepts and teachings have had a positive influence on societies and cultures throughout the world. It continues to be attacked by pseudo-science, psychology, and political movements, yet it remains just as true and relevant today as it was when it was first written. It is a book that has transformed countless lives and cultures throughout the last 2000 years. No matter how its opponents try to attack, destroy, or discredit it, the Bible remains; its veracity and impact on lives is unmistakable. The accuracy which has been preserved despite every attempt to corrupt, attack, or destroy it is clear testimony to the fact that the Bible is truly God’s Word and is supernaturally protected by Him. It should not surprise us that, no matter how the Bible is attacked, it always comes out unchanged and unscathed. After all, Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away” (Mark 13:31).
U ignorant minority that call ur selves "free thinkers",none of u can discredit d Bible and God.Ur "bosses" have tried but failed.Many Great men have tried 2 discredit d Bible,but they r all gone and d Bible still remains. . .If u continue 2 discredit d Bible,u 2 will turn 2 dust one day and d Bible d most "read book",will still remain.
I still quote this passage 4 u Heaven and Earth shall pass away,but my word will never pass away" Mark13:31 who amongst u can disprove and discredit dat passage?Anyone that does,will definitely have "won d day". . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Lanrefemi: 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2010
[table](1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?[/table]
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2010
Lanrefemi:

[table](1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?[/table]

which d'u believe?Isn't it mortals like u and I dat made those discoveries?I give u an assignment,do your research well,U'll still find discrepancies in all their theories.Just do your research well.Many of 'em r yet 2 come 2 conclusion and have even disagreed as 2 all those facts. . .Like I said,in one of my posts up there,these scientists r mere mortals(flesh and blood).They update all their theories.They told us we had 9 planets,yet they have discovered many more and r still discovering.
LAstly,many of them r atheists and agnostics who want 2 by all means,discredit d Bible.Aren't they d ones who told us we evolved 4rm monkeys?R monkeys extinct?Y aren't d monkeys still evolving right b4 our very eyes?

1 Like

Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2010
Using the records given in the Scriptures, scholars have estimated that the world is roughly 6,000 years old.

Now that is not the estimate we are told the scientific community accepts. Currently, popular scientists think the world is 4.5 billion years old, though that age constantly changes. When I was in high school, it was only 3.5 billion years old, a change of a billion years -- and I haven't lived nearly that long!

What many people do not realize is that there are thousands of ways to measure the age of the earth. The ones popularly touted are only those few that give very long answers. The vast majority of measurements give ages in the 10,000 year range!

As an example, scientists have noted that the earth's magnetic field is losing strength. Measurements over the last hundred years tell us the current rate of decay. If we assume the decay is constant (a big assumption that cannot be proven), then the maximum age of the earth given the current strength of field is 8,700 years.

Another example is the saltiness of our oceans. River water entering the oceans bring in minerals, but the evaporation of the water from the ocean leaves these minerals behind. Measuring just the sodium content of the ocean, using numerous methods for input and output of water and sodium, and assuming we started with pure water (a huge assumption) the amount of salt currently found in the ocean yields a maximum age of 62 million years -- far less than the 4.5 billion years currently favored.

Before the moon was explored, there were concerns about the depth of meteoric dust on the surface of the moon. Space is full of dust and it falls on the moon and the earth as we travel through space. If the world and the moon were billions of years old, one would expect a layer of dust over 150 feet, but when we got to the moon, the dust only measured to be about an inch deep. Given the measured influx of dust currently, that would account for a few thousand years.

We could continue to list various other methods, such as the build up of carbon-14 would indicate that the world has a maximum age of 30,000 years, but what we should address is why do these ages vary so much? The answer is simple: we weren't there! We are taking measurements made in the last one to two hundred years and then projecting them backwards to come up with an estimated age. But to do the projection, we must make assumptions about the rate at which the process continues, the starting values, and whether the current contents might have been altered. Since we weren't there, we have no idea if our assumptions are right or wrong! Actually, we can easily show that many of the assumptions are wrong. That is why the dates are published as the maximum possible value. This means we are selecting the assumptions that give the long age, even though we know this cannot be possible.

The reason the measurements giving the largest answers are popularly cited is simply because the theory of evolution needs large periods of time to even be remotely credible. Even the current values are not large enough to do this, hence the continued search for larger values. Science has not proven the age of the earth because such proof is not possible. What it has produced are a series of estimates based on assumed conditions. The best it can give is the extreme outer limits, but it cannot give the actual date. So when a report is cited that the age of a rock is 4.5 billions years, it should be read that the age of the rock is at most 4.5 billion years -- it could be less, it could be a lot less.

The Bible claims to be a record of events in the world recorded for us by the Holy Spirit. In other words, if we accept that God created the world, then the Bible claims to be God's record of some of His involvement in that world. If we accept that the Bible is God's written message, then we are faced with the fact that God indicates that the world is well less than 10,000 years old. Does this match what we know in science? For the most part it does. Every dating method's assumptions can be adjusted to give smaller ages. I know of only a few methods that give some possible difficulties, but again those difficulties arise from the base assumptions that are made.
http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVanswers/2004/2004-12-28.htm
Like I said,many discrepancies in what those scientist say which contradicts what they themselves even say
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2010
@philip, u re trying oh. The God of the bible issue have been discussed almost exhaustively that both the theists&atheists are tired of doing same again. Even the mazaje u doing so with knows well. Anyway maybe we might learn somethings that appears new. As for me, just like some atheists/deists, i remain fervent&no matter how any tries to prove a contrary view to me, i will never change till eternity
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Rhino3dm: 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2010
^^^. . .and who did cain got married to after mudering abel? Still trying to figure out. Dont tell me that  cain  is an hermaphrodites cos i know there is no limit to insanity of dogma. take your time but, make sure you return with a better answer.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Lanrefemi: 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2010
@Harakiri: Good questions!

your question 1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?[/color][color=#990000]
My answer: Read genesis 1:2: which says the earth was without form and void, "  this was before adam was created, so you can see that the earth exists way before adam was created, this can be clearly seen/read from the bible i.e the bible NEVER stated that the existence of planet earth start with adam!

(your question 2)In the book of Genesis, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy.He was exiled from Eden and he went to the land of Nod and married there.Can you explain who those people were coz from my recollection, at that time it was just Adam,Eve and two kids.So who are these people that were "omitted" in the story and who is this mysterious woman Cain married? Was it his sister? Or did he get married to animals?

My answer: The bible is a collection of "books" (66 to be precise)  but not necessarily 100% of what happened before christ(BC) or after christ (AD), but revelations on those things that are relevant to our day to day life as humans. for example, it was recorded in the bible that abraham had a child before isaac called ishmeal, but nothing is recorded about ishmeal and his mother after abraham sent them away! why? because it's not relevant to us as christians, also it was recorded in the bible that samuel had lots of brothers, but it was only samuel's life account that was highlighted to us,because his brothers life account is not really relevant to us biblically.
Now to answer your question, read genesis 5 to the end, adam and eve had many children apart from cain and abel. in gen 4;16-17: where cain dwelt in the land of Nod, east of Eden and he knew his wife, the point is that the name of cain's wife even if it's sister is not relevant to us as christians.

(your question 3)In the same bible, the lord was angry with the world he created and was determined to destroy his creation (how ironic ).He instructed Noah to build an arc and put pairs of all living things in that ark.To the best of my knowledge, botanists spend their entire lives collecting and identifying species of a particular organism/animal/plant.Even if he lived 2,000 years on earth, there was no way he could have been able to achieve such a feat coz there were no airplanes,buses or ships to travel across the globe to get all pairs of organisms.Are we trying to say he came down to Africa to get the African elephant and then trekked back to India to get the Indian elephant? Think about it and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.No roads.No buses.No planes.No ships.No rockets.No internet and yet. . .

My answer: Even the scientist agreed that there was life and earth before this one we are in ( pls read about the ice age), where the first set of life was destroyed with water and ice! therefore there is no disagreement between science and religion that life existed on earth before this one we are in.
Again life started in present day africa and middle-east, even science will tell you that the present day europe, americas and even india came into existence as a result of mitosis and human migration over the years. therefore noah doesn't have to go to INDIA or europe because they were not even in existence then! pls check your science books.

PLS I WILL GET BACK TO YOU LATER,
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Rhino3dm: 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2010
Reasonable attempt so far but still waiting . . .

Lanrefemi:

My answer: The bible is a collection of "books" (66 to be precise)  but not necessarily 100% of what happened before christ(BC) or after christ (AD), but revelations on those things that are relevant to our day to day life as humans. for example, it was recorded in the bible that abraham had a child before isaac called ishmeal, but nothing is recorded about ishmeal and his mother after abraham sent them away! why? because it's not relevant to us as christians, also it was recorded in the bible that samuel had lots of brothers, but it was only samuel's life account that was highlighted to us,because his brothers life account is not really relevant to us biblically.
Now to answer your question, read genesis 5 to the end, adam and eve had many children apart from cain and abel. in gen 4;16-17: where cain dwelt in the land of Nod, east of Eden and he knew his wife, the point is that the name of cain's wife even if it's sister is not relevant to us as christians.

(your question 3)In the same bible, the lord was angry with the world he created and was determined to destroy his creation (how ironic ).He instructed Noah to build an arc and put pairs of all living things in that ark.To the best of my knowledge, botanists spend their entire lives collecting and identifying species of a particular organism/animal/plant.Even if he lived 2,000 years on earth, there was no way he could have been able to achieve such a feat coz there were no airplanes,buses or ships to travel across the globe to get all pairs of organisms.Are we trying to say he came down to Africa to get the African elephant and then trekked back to India to get the Indian elephant? Think about it and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.No roads.No buses.No planes.No ships.No rockets.No internet and yet. . .

Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2010
Lanrefemi:

@Philip0906: Good questions!

your question 1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?[/color][color=#990000]
My answer: Read genesis 1:2: which says the earth was without form and void, "  this was before adam was created, so you can see that the earth exists way before adam was created, this can be clearly seen/read from the bible i.e the bible NEVER stated that the existence of planet earth start with adam!

(your question 2)In the book of Genesis, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy.He was exiled from Eden and he went to the land of Nod and married there.Can you explain who those people were coz from my recollection, at that time it was just Adam,Eve and two kids.So who are these people that were "omitted" in the story and who is this mysterious woman Cain married? Was it his sister? Or did he get married to animals?

My answer: Even the scientist agreed that there was life and earth before this one we are in ( pls read about the ice age), where the first set of life was destroyed with water and ice! therefore there is no disagreement between science and religion that life existed on earth before this one we are in.
Again life started in present day africa and middle-east, even science will tell you that the present day europe, americas and even india came into existence as a result of mitosis and human migration over the years. therefore noah doesn't have to go to INDIA or europe because they were not even in existence then! pls check your science books.

PLS I WILL GET BACK TO YOU LATER,

to start with,u r quoting urself and answering urself.U definitely r more inclined 2 d science thing.But let me start with dat first question. . ."The earth was without form and void" was in verse2,but verse1 simply says,"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.". . .Didn't u come across dat?
secondly,u aren't a christian or u simply don't read ur Bible 2 well.How would d Bible give account of every thing that happened in dat time?Don't u think it would have been voluminous?Ishmael u talk of,had nothing and no place in God's original plan. . .Have u ever come across this passage b4?"But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. [John 21:25; RSV] Not all d works of Jesus were even documented. . .
Finally,u tell me 2 read about what scientists write and tell us?U want me 2 read what atheists say just trying 2 discredit God?U want me 2 read and believe "Human Theories" dat r subject 2 change?U want me 2 read theories dat have contradictions?How many theories have been propounded by these scientists that have been confirmed?Aren't they d one who told us man came 4rm monkeys and when asked where monkeys came 4rm,they were short of words?The monkeys r still in existence but aren't evolving again?U want me 2 read their load of crap?U want me 2 read theories dat can't stand d test of time and would prolly be discredited when d next generation comes?My BIBLE IS ALL I BELIEVE. . . wink
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2010
Ur reasoning is limited 2 ur little head. . .U r trying 2 fathom this Great and supreme being,yet u can't explain how anything in ur life goes.I promise 2 answer ur questions if u can solve all d mysteries in ur life,since u own monopoly of ur life.If u can tell me when u'll die,what ur 2moro will look like e.t.c. . .
I have learnt a whole lot about u atheists that i will love 2 share with u
-All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.
-Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical.
-Everything in the universe shows obvious and undeniable signs that it was created by a mind far superior to our own.
-atheists question why evil exists since God is good, but don't ask why good exists if God isn't real.
-atheists do not really exist, they just pretend that they don't believe in God.
U ask me about d evil and bad dat u think God caused,WHAT OF D GOOD?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Lanrefemi: 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2010
@Philip0906:
Pls i believe nairaland is for reasonable, intelligent and reasonable people, therefore i believe you don't need to get abusive before making your point.

Secondly, I'm a christian (i'm not ashamed to say that), a student of the bible and a student of science, i'm not inclined to science more that religion in anyway as you are saying, i'm only answering the questions posted by harakiri.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2010
^^
shhhh. . .I am not abusive,dats How I talk 2 any atheist I meet.B4 I drop my points and they begin 2 whine with their "brains and head",I let them know dat their brain is little and in a small place called d head and dat they r mortal . .
secondly,U are not a Christian,u are an atheist.U further prove the point  --Some famous atheists have shown they occasionally have doubts about their disbelief, which proves that all atheists really do believe in God. Of course, no Christian has ever doubted the existence of God.
Thirdly,Y d'u ask me if I believe in God?Yes I do anyway, but pls don't break this golden rule -Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

Here u go.Go do your research well,everything said in your Bible is happening and will still take place b4 your very eyes.Ignorant mind,The Bible was written many centuries ago(atleast everybody agrees with dat) wether it was authentic or not.

The bible was written long ago but the FACT is that most of its authors remain UNKNOWN and it was written mostly after the events it was talking about. . . . .

But tell me which "book" ever made perfect predictions of our present day?The Bible u claim 2 have rea,didn't u come across d passages that talked of War happening in rapid succesion?Didn't your Bible tell u dat Earthquakes will happen in "these last days"?Didn't your Bible,tell u dat evil will abound in these last days?Isn't it happening right b4 u?Ignorant soul,YES OR NO?

Mr man are you kidding me? Let me tell you something, wars have drastically reduced presently, we don't even fight wars now despite the fact that we have nuclear weapons, back in the days people live in walled cities because of how barbaric their life styles were, when you visit places like Greece, Turkey, Syria, Isreal etc you will have an idea of what am talking about the chances of been killed by another man now has greatly reduced compared to like 3000 years ago, when killing people and sacrificing them to Gods was the order of the day(even your God encouraged people to kill others and offer them as burnt offering unto him according to the bible). . . .There is less violence now compared to 3000 years ago, when things like slavery was the order of the day, democracy and freedom of living where things that were non existent 3000 years ago. no? Earthquakes have been and will continue to be a part of the earth, your evidence to show that there are more earthquakes now compared to 3000 years ago is WHAT?. . . . .NOTHING you have said is true so pls try again. . . .

The Bible tells us of "increased knowledge in d "last days"". . .Isn't it happening right b4 u?Mind u,even Mohammed,"recognised d Bible and Jesus".READ THE KORAN. . .  What of d many discoveries made dat proves dat indeed,d Bible is "MASTER OF ALL".Were u lost when even many non-christians,were finding "tombs" and "death places"? Ignorant Soul. . .

Even the people back then knew that knowledge increases with time. no? WHERE is the discovery that shows that the bible is master of anything?. . . .I am not interested in platitudes when you make claims make sure you have evidence to back them up . . . .

I laff. . .isn't it your fellow "thinkers" who told us dat they have discovered everything "hidden" under d sun?They told us dat we had 9 planets and yet they r discovering more and their discoveries which began ages is yet 2 be completed?Psalm 145:3 is only being confirmed.Cell theory,propounded by who?Humans like me?Isn't it these scientists that update their research work,when they falter?MY BIBLE HAS NEVER BEEN UPDATED :DLol. . .u then have not read d Bible u claimed 2 have read or u simply do not understand it. . . .Man,I told u 2 be more adventerous,praticalise,u'll get your questions solved.Don't let your little brain blind u in2 trying 2 know d truth.How d'u know beans is bitter without tasting it?

Who wrote the bible, Ignorant humans that thought the sun revolves around the earth, no? Who wrote the bible? people that thought it was right to kill others that do not worship their God and offer them as burnt sacrifice unto him, no?. . . . . .Your evidence that any God inspired the bible beside the lies of those that said so is WHAT? Saying that the bible is the word of God without bringing or providing the God to come and speak for himself says you are lying, no? Beside was it not humans that sat down and voted on which books to be included in the bible?. . . . .Was it not humans that wrote all the mythologies and lies that are found in the bible?. . . . .You talked about your bible not being updated, its very clear you know NOTHING about the history of the bible because it has been edited and updated so many time. . . . . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2010
^^
In support of the last bolded part of the above post. He that makes an assertion must be ready to back it up reasonably. To an atheist=no God, but u must prove to us that no God exist. To the theist=theres a God, 'i will prove with personal encounter&the bible', the atheist then say 'no i dnt want the bible becos science says its wrong' but to date there are many things thats beyond science that same science. Like creating a life&the complexity of the DNA. simply means whatever that made life&DNA complex is greater than science. Now atheist must prove that theres no God, to balance the subject
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Lanrefemi: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2010
@harakiri
(question 4)The current bible used in Christianity today has two parts. . .the old and new testament.Now there are practices in the old testament that most churches especially Pentecostals have discontinued e.g eye for an eye, sacrificial offerings and so on.When you ask them, they tell you that Christ came and all things are washed away rendering the old testament null and void.If this is true, why then do they still revert to Malachi 3:10 when it comes to psyching up the congregation to give more offerings and tithes? Weren't all things of old washed away? The same people will tell you that no part of the bible is irrelevant and the same people choose the parts that suit them.Are they confused about who and what they are worshiping?Do they even have an idea of what they are doing?

My answer: The old testament is not void, infact the pharises asked jesus the same question, but Jesus christ told them that he came not to cancel the old laws but to unify them and make all the old laws into one, that's the whole essence of the message of LOVE. therefore all the laws in the old testament has been put together to become a message of LOVE.
Sacrificial offering is still part of christian life till today, though it's something that should be done willingly not under compulsion.

(question 5)The god in the bible is referred to as the all knowing god. . .the omni potent, omni present and all that. If he is all these, then he should have known that Eve would be tempted by the serpent and she would fall.He should have known how his creation would go till this present day.Why then did he create man when he knew that failure was imminent? The bible says he destroyed the world once and will do it again (some call it rapture, others call it Armageddon, a few think it's both ways). Why create something and condemn it? Is the bible implying that god is confused? That he makes errors? Isn't he supposed to be the all knowing god? Explain this please.

My Answer: My brother, God can never be confused, he created us in his own image and he gave us the power of CHOICE, that's why human beings do somethings that even though God has the power to stop us but He won't just because he has giving us the power of choice over right or wrong.

(question 6)The people who brought us Christianity also brought guns,liquor and slave trade (i don't know about you but that doesn't sound "holy-like" to me).They superimposed their religion on the black folks as a means of control.The same people who brought us their religion don't take it as serious as we do.I might be wrong but Nigeria to the best of my knowledge is the most prayerful/religious country in the world (there is hardly any street in Lagos without at least 2 churches or fellowships) and yet, with all the abundance of religion, we are the most cold hearted people to our fellow human beings! Christianity as we know it today originated from the Catholic church whose practices are chiefly unorthodox or in plain English. . .idol worship (how else can you explain worshiping a graven image of Mary, praying to saints,kissing the rings and feet of priests and the rosary. . .all of which aren't mentioned in the bible). Christians all claim to be worshiping one god. . .why then can't a Christ Embassy worshiper spend a few Sundays at Celestial Church of Christ? Why can't a C.A.C Pastor minister in Assemblies of God? Why can't Winners Chapel members worship in K&S? Or are there different gods? Are the so called Christians confused? Please explain these few questions satisfactorily and i'll hold my peace.my answer: My brother, Do you honstely beleive the whole of nigeria can worship in the same location!? even the bible said it that everybody has their different callings and gifts, pls lets be realistic it can't be possible for the whole country to be worshipping in the same location.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Obalende: 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2010
Hi hikari,

To answer your questions; I will first of all say that the Christian religion is not a sham; Jesus Christ is the only true God and there is salvation in no other; but I still think that the Christian God is unfair, unreasonable and seems cruel most times. What baffles me sometimes is why God would create and imperfect being & punish him in hell for being made imperfect (and pls dont blame evil forces); and then human beings are punished on earth for being made imperfect - seems cruel to me.

(1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?
What is presented in Genesis is not the origin of the world but the origin of man; the only defence of Christianity is Bible so evidence will be presented from there:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Between verses one and two are potentially millions of years; beings had existed before adam was made i.e. present day demons.

(2)In the book of Genesis, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy.He was exiled from Eden and he went to the land of Nod and married there.Can you explain who those people were coz from my recollection, at that time it was just Adam,Eve and two kids.So who are these people that were "omitted" in the story and who is this mysterious woman Cain married? Was it his sister? Or did he get married to animals?
I have no answer to this.

(3)In the same bible, the lord was angry with the world he created and was determined to destroy his creation (how ironic ).He instructed Noah to build an arc and put pairs of all living things in that ark.To the best of my knowledge, botanists spend their entire lives collecting and identifying species of a particular organism/animal/plant.Even if he lived 2,000 years on earth, there was no way he could have been able to achieve such a feat coz there were no airplanes,buses or ships to travel across the globe to get all pairs of organisms.Are we trying to say he came down to Africa to get the African elephant and then trekked back to India to get the Indian elephant? Think about it and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.No roads.No buses.No planes.No ships.No rockets.No internet and yet. . .
I have no answer.

(4)The current bible used in Christianity today has two parts. . .the old and new testament.Now there are practices in the old testament that most churches especially Pentecostals have discontinued e.g eye for an eye, sacrificial offerings and so on.When you ask them, they tell you that Christ came and all things are washed away rendering the old testament null and void.If this is true, why then do they still revert to Malachi 3:10 when it comes to psyching up the congregation to give more offerings and tithes? Weren't all things of old washed away? The same people will tell you that no part of the bible is irrelevant and the same people choose the parts that suit them.Are they confused about who and what they are worshiping?Do they even have an idea of what they are doing?
I have no answer.

(5)The god in the bible is referred to as the all knowing god. . .the omni potent, omni present and all that. If he is all these, then he should have known that Eve would be tempted by the serpent and she would fall.He should have known how his creation would go till this present day.Why then did he create man when he knew that failure was imminent? The bible says he destroyed the world once and will do it again (some call it rapture, others call it Armageddon, a few think it's both ways). Why create something and condemn it? Is the bible implying that god is confused? That he makes errors? Isn't he supposed to be the all knowing god? Explain this please.
This is what baffles me the most; God apparently gets "angry" at beings who were made imperfect (even if it was thru satan that man became imperfect, its not the issue) - human beings are being punished for a state they did not ask for. I did not ask to be created. Oh maybe God wants some people to torture - maybe I will get divine wrath for speaking my mind.

(6)The people who brought us Christianity also brought guns,liquor and slave trade (i don't know about you but that doesn't sound "holy-like" to me).They superimposed their religion on the black folks as a means of control.The same people who brought us their religion don't take it as serious as we do.I might be wrong but Nigeria to the best of my knowledge is the most prayerful/religious country in the world (there is hardly any street in Lagos without at least 2 churches or fellowships) and yet, with all the abundance of religion, we are the most cold hearted people to our fellow human beings! Christianity as we know it today originated from the Catholic church whose practices are chiefly unorthodox or in plain English. . .idol worship (how else can you explain worshiping a graven image of Mary, praying to saints,kissing the rings and feet of priests and the rosary. . .all of which aren't mentioned in the bible). Christians all claim to be worshiping one god. . .why then can't a Christ Embassy worshiper spend a few Sundays at Celestial Church of Christ? Why can't a C.A.C Pastor minister in Assemblies of God? Why can't Winners Chapel members worship in K&S? Or are there different gods? Are the so called Christians confused? Please explain these few questions satisfactorily and i'll hold my peace.
there are divisions in the church - this is more political than religious so is not an issue.

NB : Please, don't give me the usual "god works in mysterious ways" or " the ways of the lord cannot be understood" or " do not question the lord" crap.I've heard it one time too many.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2010
The bible was written long ago but the FACT is that most of its authors remain UNKNOWN and it was written mostly after the events it was talking about. . . . .
Mr man are you kidding me? Let me tell you something, wars have drastically reduced presently, we don't even fight wars now despite the fact that we have nuclear weapons, back in the days people live in walled cities because of how barbaric their life styles were, when you visit places like Greece, Turkey, Syria, Isreal etc you will have an idea of what am talking about the chances of been killed by another man now has greatly reduced compared to like 3000 years ago, when killing people and sacrificing them to Gods was the order of the day(even your God encouraged people to kill others and offer them as burnt offering unto him according to the bible). . . .There is less violence now compared to 3000 years ago, when things like slavery was the order of the day, democracy and freedom of living where things that were non existent 3000 years ago. no? Earthquakes have been and will continue to be a part of the earth, your evidence to show that there are more earthquakes now compared to 3000 years ago is WHAT?. . . . .NOTHING you have said is true so pls try again. . . .
u must come 4rm another planet.One secret is this. . .Tell urself d truth.U have google,u have d internet right in front of u and u r making this insane remark?Is dat how desperate u r?Even ur fellow atheists r talking of d world ending in 2012.All d worst natural disasters have taken place in our life time and it is in rapid succesion,IS UR COMPUTER USELESS? undecided
Even the people back then knew that knowledge increases with time. no? WHERE is the discovery that shows that the bible is master of anything?. . . .I am not interested in platitudes when you make claims make sure you have evidence to back them up . . . .
Another lame attack. . .U love proofs i guess?GIVE ONE PROOF.The Bible is the master,cos u feed on it,u've read it and ur whole life depends on it.Ur fellow atheists have tried eradicating d Bible,but the Bible is still in existence.Now 2 further answer ur question,THE BIBLE IS THE MOST POPULAR BOOK OF ALL TIME AND THE MOST READ BOOK OF ALL TIME despite all d attacks.U doubt,then ur google is useless
Who wrote the bible, Ignorant humans that thought the sun revolves around the earth, no? Who wrote the bible? people that thought it was right to kill others that do not worship their God and offer them as burnt sacrifice unto him, no?. . . . . .Your evidence that any God inspired the bible beside the lies of those that said so is WHAT? Saying that the bible is the word of God without bringing or providing the God to come and speak for himself says you are lying, no? Beside was it not humans that sat down and voted on which books to be included in the bible?. . . . .Was it not humans that wrote all the mythologies and lies that are found in the bible?. . . . .You talked about your bible not being updated, its very clear you know NOTHING about the history of the bible because it has been edited and updated so many time. . . . . .
lol. . .u r getting desperate. . .give me proof of the Bible being updated.
One more thing 4 u,The fact that we even think of God,shows God "must indeed" exist.U atheists r illogical despite all d brains u think u have.Have u ever thought of dat? grin grin grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2010
toba:

^^
In support of the last bolded part of the above post. He that makes an assertion must be ready to back it up reasonably. To an atheist=no God, but u must prove to us that no God exist. To the theist=theres a God, 'i will prove with personal encounter&the bible', the atheist then say 'no i dnt want the bible becos science says its wrong' but to date there are many things thats beyond science that same science. Like creating a life&the complexity of the DNA. simply means whatever that made life&DNA complex is greater than science. Now atheist must prove that theres no God, to balance the subject
lol. . .don't mind them.They try 2 launch attack first and run 4 cover. . .None has proved dat God does not exist grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2010
[size=28pt]FACTS U MUST KNOW ABOUT ATHEISTS
1.-All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.
Thats how kinky their brain can be.They r yet 2 even prove 2 us,where animals came 4rm
-Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical.
I don't think any of 'em realises dat
-Everything in the universe shows obvious and undeniable signs that it was created by a mind far superior to our own.
-atheists question why evil exists since God is good, but don't ask why good exists if God isn't real.
-atheists do not really exist, they just pretend that they don't believe in God.
-Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)
-Atheists usually have deep underlining problems dat leads them into such stage of confusion
-Atheists r only a minority and shouldn't give us much headache
-They have no belief,but would hang around d Bible,just trying 2 discredit it.u never c christians spending their whole life 2 discredit d Koran 4 instance,cos we already have what we believe[/size]
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2010
Even though it is really sixty-six individual books, written on three continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years, by more than 40 authors who came from many walks of life, the Bible remains one unified book from beginning to end without contradiction
The Bible contains hundreds of detailed prophecies relating to the future of individual nations including Israel, certain cities, and mankind
One is the historicity of the Bible. Because the Bible details historical events, its truthfulness and accuracy are subject to verification like any other historical document. Through both archaeological evidences and other writings, the historical accounts of the Bible have been proven time and time again to be accurate and true. In fact, all the archaeological and manuscript evidence supporting the Bible makes it the best-documented book from the ancient world
the Bible has suffered more vicious attacks and attempts to destroy it than any other book in history. From early Roman Emperors like Diocletian, through communist dictators and on to modern-day atheists and agnostics, the Bible has withstood and outlasted all of its attackers and is still today the most widely published book in the world.
Throughout time, skeptics have regarded the Bible as mythological, but archeology has confirmed it as historical. Opponents have attacked its teaching as primitive and outdated, but its moral and legal concepts and teachings have had a positive influence on societies and cultures throughout the world. It continues to be attacked by pseudo-science, psychology, and political movements, yet it remains just as true and relevant today as it was when it was first written
I still quote this passage 4 u Heaven and Earth shall pass away,but my word will never pass away" Mark13:31 who amongst u can disprove and discredit dat passage  and any of the points above with tangible facts generally accepted?Anyone that does,will definitely have "won d day". . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2010
Its obsession. Every day they keep asking questions about God. May be they want to know more about him. Yet we can only know what God wants to reveal. God is unsearchable. Psalm 103 he made known his ways unto moses&his deeds unto the children of israel. But that doesnt say moses could predict God. Why didnt moses get to promise land? Disobedience&God supremacy in play. If God were to be predictable, he would be like my father who i can tell how he would react to things. This God has no equal, invisible God, that makes the entire universe to tremble.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

Now let me help u guys. . .
There are both internal and external evidences that the Bible is truly God’s Word. The internal evidences are those things within the Bible that testify of its divine origin.

Beside the lies of the authors what evidence do you have to show that the bible is of divine origin? Why the bible alone and not other religious text that have made similar claims of divine origins?. . .  .

One of the first internal evidences that the Bible is truly God’s Word is seen in its unity. Even though it is really sixty-six individual books, written on three continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years, by more than 40 authors who came from many walks of life, the Bible remains one unified book from beginning to end without contradiction. This unity is unique from all other books and is evidence of the divine origin of the words which God moved men to record.

This is very FALSE because a simple reading of the bible shows that the authors had  very different views and conception of what God is and how he operates, that is why the bible is FULL of contradictory nature of who God is. . . . .

Another of the internal evidences that indicates the Bible is truly God’s Word is the prophecies contained within its pages. The Bible contains hundreds of detailed prophecies relating to the future of individual nations including Israel, certain cities, and mankind.

Pls can you tell us about JUST ONE biblical prophecy that has come to pass, what is the prophecy regarding Israel?. . . . .

Other prophecies concern the coming of One who would be the Messiah, the Savior of all who would believe in Him. Unlike the prophecies found in other religious books or those by men such as Nostradamus, biblical prophecies are extremely detailed.

Again what are the prophecies that you keep talking about?. . . . .I can list 10 false prophecies in the bible, if you want me to I will be willing to oblige you anytime. . . .

There are over three hundred prophecies concerning Jesus Christ in the Old Testament. Not only was it foretold where He would be born and His lineage, but also how He would die and that He would rise again. There simply is no logical way to explain the fulfilled prophecies in the Bible other than by divine origin. There is no other religious book with the extent or type of predictive prophecy that the Bible contains.
This statement is FALSE because the Jew that own the old testament say it aint true. . . . . .

There are also external evidences that indicate the Bible is truly the Word of God. One is the historicity of the Bible. Because the Bible details historical events, its truthfulness and accuracy are subject to verification like any other historical document. Through both archaeological evidences and other writings, the historical accounts of the Bible have been proven time and time again to be accurate and true. In fact, all the archaeological and manuscript evidence supporting the Bible makes it the best-documented book from the ancient world

Another VERY false statement, I will like you to pls provide JUST ONE archeological evidence that supports any of the major events in the bible, like the exodus from Egypt or the conquest of Canaan, pls ONLY one archeological  evidence to support any of the major biblical events will do. . . . .If the bible is the most documented book from the ancient world why then is it not used as a history book in universities and colleges around the world? Why do people study  and rely other historical documents other than the bible?

The fact that the Bible accurately and truthfully records historically verifiable events is a great indication of its truthfulness when dealing with religious subjects and doctrines and helps substantiate its claim to be the very Word of God.

Historical verifiable evidences like what exactly, stop copying and pasting baseless assertions from people that don't know anything about what they are lying about. . . . .What are the true events that the bible records that has archeological support? We can start with the exodus out of Egypt, WHERE is the archeological evidence that supports the exodus myth?

[b] Throughout time, skeptics have regarded the Bible as mythological, but archeology has confirmed it as historical.

Where is the archeological evidence to support this lie of yours?. . . . .

its veracity and impact on lives is unmistakable. The accuracy which has been preserved despite every attempt to corrupt, attack, or destroy it is clear testimony to the fact that the Bible is truly God’s Word and is supernaturally protected by Him.

Its veracity has been discredited by itself because of the many contradictions that abound in it. . . So your God protects the bible , eh? How so?. . , .

U ignorant minority that call your selves "free thinkers",none of u can discredit d Bible and God.your "bosses" have tried but failed.Many Great men have tried 2 discredit d Bible,but they r all gone and d Bible still remains. . .If u continue 2 discredit d Bible,u 2 will turn 2 dust one day and d Bible d most "read book",will still remain.

The bible has already discredit itself even christians pick and choose what parts to accept, many of its teachings and moral tenets are outdated and if you are to practice some of its moral principles in a civilized and rational society , you will be arrested and put in prison. . . .

I still quote this passage 4 u Heaven and Earth shall pass away,but my word will never pass away" Mark13:31 who amongst u can disprove and discredit dat passage?Anyone that does,will definitely have "won d day". . .

What word is that exactly? The words written in other religious text that predate the bible are still around and will continue to be around to, no?. . . ,
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

u must come 4rm another planet.One secret is this. . .Tell urself d truth.U have google,u have d internet right in front of u and u r making this insane remark?Is dat how desperate u r?Even your fellow atheists r talking of d world ending in 2012.All d worst natural disasters have taken place in our life time and it is in rapid succesion,IS your COMPUTER USELESS?

Mr man, its very obvious that you are out of things to say. . . . .pls provide just one evidence to show that all of the worst natural disaster s have taken place in our life time. your evidence to show that there are more natural disasters now compared to like say 1000 years ago is WHAT? Stop lying and making spurious claims. . . . .

:
-\Another lame attack. . .U love proofs i guess?GIVE ONE PROOF.The Bible is the master,cos u feed on it,u've read it and your whole life depends on it.your fellow atheists have tried eradicating d Bible,but the Bible is still in existence.Now 2 further answer your question,THE BIBLE IS THE MOST POPULAR BOOK OF ALL TIME AND THE MOST READ BOOK OF ALL TIME despite all d attacks.U doubt,then your google is uselesslol. . .u r getting desperate. . .give me proof of the Bible being updated.

What exactly is this man trying to say? grin. . . .With regards to the fact that the bible has been updated, all you need to do is take the oldest manuscripts and compare the with the once that come after wards and you will see it for yourself, even english versions like the NIV acknowledge that FACT. . . . .

One more thing 4 u,The fact that we even think of God,shows God "must indeed" exist.U atheists r illogical despite all d brains u think u have.Have u ever thought of dat? grin grin grin grin

So because humans beings thnk that means God? I am always amazed by how modern day God believers keep stripping their God of all its traditional attributes, your God has now been relegated to the realm of the unknown, is it the same God that the bible says, appears to people and addresses an entire nation of over 2 million people through public address? Is it the same God that the bible says goes around fighting people and soaking his shirt with their blood? Funny how the same God has been relegated to the realm of the unknown and is only used to explain thngs that humans are yet to discover on their own. . . . .
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2010
@Mazaje
U r in ur own little world.U keep asking me 4 proofs.I have given it all 2 u,u just want 2 continue in ur blind arguement.I have written a lot,only if u could read and comprehend. . .U keep trying 2 go on d offensive but it is 2 lame and weak. . .U still haven't proved there is no God either neither have u proved dat the "MOST CIRCULATED BOOK OF ALL TIME" is false either.I have given u proofs,while u have given me nothing.My proofs are backed by billions of souls on this earth(u could do a research) while urs,is backed by ur tiny head or maybe a few hundred "deprived souls" like u. . .Quit trying 2 attack d Bible and tell us where u stand and ur proofs 2.I mean proofs that can be authenticated manually,hardcopy,archeologically e.t.c
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2010
Africans!!!!!! Listen oooo
It pains me when I see black people believing in a make-believe God that the white man invented and gave to your fore-fathers and has been passed down to us all. And we all are looking for power in the God of the bible, a book of stories of things that never existed in history. Stories of a donkey talking to a human being, a man living inside a fish for 3 days, 1 man defeating an army with a jaw-bone of an ass, 5000 people eating 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread and plenty left over. LOL!!!! One thing about black people is that they feel 'THINKING' & 'REASONING' is a bad thing. They will choose to believe make-beleive extra-ordinary stories than things that make sense. There is not 1 ounce of historical or archaeological evidence on this planet that 1 person in the Bible existed. Nobody can show the resting place of 1 person in the Bible. Not Abraham, Noah, David, King Solomon, Jesus, Paul,Peter,not 1. In Egypt today, you can go and see undeniable evidence of ancient Egyptians that lived six, eight, even twelve thousand years ago, you can see the tombs of the kings, the writings. EVIDENCE. But just 2,000 years ago no undeniable evidence of 1 person in the Bible. Yet our people do not think, they choose to believe something they cannot prove.

The indoctrination started when we were all 2-3 years old, and we did not have a choice in the matter, we believed the stories and believed that the blue-eyed, blond hair white guy called JESUS is our LORD. I can understand for a child not to ask questions and just swallow it. But when you grow up and have a brain to reason and question, it's already too late because indoctrination from age 3 is a powerful thing that can follow one to his grave. Even the so called 'word of God' says 'when I was a child I behaved and thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things'

Before the white man came to our African shores with their bibles and christian indoctrinations, what were your ancestors doing? The white man has convinced us that our ancestors that lived thousands of years ago were witches and devil worshippers. that's a lie! Africans always had a consciousness of the creator. They have convinced us that we were in darkness, and they have brought to us truth and controlled our minds with that false religion called christianity.

It makes my heart bleed when I see my people calling on the name of a dude called Jesus who never existed, and has no power to give them. IT IS A PLACEBO. That is why Africa has all the resources, but live the poorest. The white man gave you the believe system and took away your resources in exchange.

Iam not an atheist, I believe in the creator (I dont like using the word God), but the creator is not a white man with a beard sitting on a throne in a place behind the clouds where there are streets of gold. The creator is the consciousness in the heart of every human on the planet, regardless of race or religion.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by mazaje(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2010
philip0906:

@Mazaje
U r in your own little world.U keep asking me 4 proofs.I have given it all 2 u,

Do you know what proof is? I asked you for evidence and you keep regurgitating false claims, since when have claims become evidence or proof of anything? OK, where is your archeological evidence to support some of the major events of the bible, lets start with the Exodus out of Egypt. . . .

u just want 2 continue in your blind arguement.I have written a lot,only if u could read and comprehend. . .U keep trying 2 go on d offensive but it is 2 lame and weak

My friend its very clear that you are out of things to say. . . Who is arguing blindly here?. . . . .

. . .U still haven't proved there is no God either neither have u proved dat the "MOST CIRCULATED BOOK OF ALL TIME" is false either.I have given u proofs,while u have given me nothing.My proofs are backed by billions of souls on this earth(u could do a research) while urs,is backed by your tiny head or maybe a few hundred "deprived souls" like u

You have not even coined the God hypothesis well at all talk more of proving that there is a God, I have proved that there is NO God, since NO God can be shown to exist on its own independent of what men think, write, say or ascribe to what ever concept of God they imagine and create out of their own minds. . . . . .Your religion is nothing other than following the culture, thoughts and ideas of other men, if you know of any God that exist independent of human influence and societal acceptance then pls point to that God. . . . There are over 1.5 billion Muslims that believe in the Koran and Allah does that make Allah and the Koran true? There are about a billion Hindus in the world, does that make the Hindu verdes true? Almost a billion Buddhist in the world, does that make their claims true? Learn how to argue logically and stop sounding like a child. . . . .

. .Quit trying 2 attack d Bible and tell us where u stand and your proofs 2.I mean proofs that can be authenticated manually,hardcopy,archeologically e.t.c

My proof and evidence is the bible itself, if there is anything that destroys the bible, its the bible it self, read it up with an open mind and you will see it all for yourself. . .By the way since when did you provide any proof that can be authenticated anywhere?
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by IdiAmin2(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2010
@mazaje
You need to leave philip0906 alone. You need to understand Christians and their mindset. They believe only they know the truth and the whole world is in error and going to hell that their God/Jesus has prepared for people who don't believe in THEIR reality. It is sad.
When a mind has been programmed in that belief system, there is no point trying to present facts.
Religion is the most dangerous thing ever created by man.
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2010
@Mazaje
I get your tactics u know. . .u sit back,pick my words just like u sit back and pick d Bible looking 4 how 2 twist it 2 suit urself. . .i simply asked u 2 prove 2 me dat God does not exist and u rant all over my posts
@Idi-Amin
your own god is in your mind?U could be right though.If only u could prove 2 me d various mysteries in our own planets?y they r so?y we still have lots of qusetions unanswered?Y the greatest enemy of man-DEATH still remains shrouded in mystery?Since your life is urs,your god in your mind,u should know when u'll die and other mysteries of your life
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2010
Iam not an atheist, I believe in the creator (I dont like using the word God), but the creator is not a white man with a beard sitting on a throne in a place behind the clouds where there are streets of gold. The creator is the consciousness in the heart of every human on the planet, regardless of race or religion.
u further highlighted ur confusion and ur deprivity with this statement grin grin grin
Re: Does The Christian God Actually Exist? by philip0906(m): 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2010
[size=18pt] Atheists have no backbone.They live by trying 2 contradict d Bible.Their whole life is spent trying 2 prove dat God does not exist neither is d Bible authentic.Take a look at every atheist who makes claim,he MUST make reference 2 d Bible and twist it how he/she likes.Their beliefs differ and thus compounds their foolishness. . .While some tell u dat man originated 4rm monkeys,others will tell u dat man came with d chemistry and big bang whatever,others contend that man fell 4rm d sky and many other things but all come up against the Bible that has one single universally accepted belief of "God's acceptance". . .They contradict themselves in their claims.They have no remedies either while trying 2 "convince" us with their spurous claims. . .They have lived in a world dat has been in existence 4 over 4.5billion years(so they say) and still can't explain,understand and solve d problems and mysteries man is faced with on a continual basis. . .
  Show me an atheist who makes a claim or statement,without bringing up d Bible?In other words,they exists b'cos d Bible does and God does. . .[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Interested In Moderating This Section? / How To Be The Apostle Paul Of Our Generation / How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 240
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.