Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,068 members, 7,859,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:19 PM

Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners (1633 Views)

Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) / An Anambra-based Man's Take On Soludo's Clarion Call To His Lagos-based Kinsmen / 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by meccuno: 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

Well they aren't just claims...ojukwu's wife was actually restricted and the reason the gave was that she isn't from the state..browse it out..we all saw it here when elders of the particular place and even ojukwus family members said so to
chaii.............now i know where you are coming from. no need to waste energy on you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by meccuno: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

There are so many..I schooled oau and can say they don't care if you are from osun or not..the PDP governorship candidate in ekiti was a civil servant in osun..former governor of ondo olisegin mimiko, his younger brother worked in osun state civil service, my aunt who is from Ogun state is a civil servant in osun also....a commissioner in osun is from ondo state...just so many i can't name
baba......i schooled in OAU. i can tell you about rivalries as it relates where you are from in Yoruba land. most lectures have issues with one another there. abeg dont come with that abeg.......

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by pchukwudi: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2019
This right there is a silly and nonsensical propaganda.

Bianca is a member of "Ojukwu's family". So are her kids. " Ojukwu's family also included one of Ojukwu's sons who left APGA and joined APC.

So, giving a few disgruntled and faceless political jobbers the "Ojujwu family" tag to score a cheap and bigoted political point changes nothing.

Bianca, still contested in the primaries. The leadership of APGA did not deny her the right to participate. And if she had wanted she would have gone ahead to contest in the final elections via another platform - just like Ifeanyi Uba did - no one would have stopped her. In fact, many sons of the state wished the APGA leadership could quash the primaries and give Bianca the sole ticket for Anambra South.

After all said and done, she chose to stick to APGA - which is her late husband's legacy. She would have left the party if the party leadership did not see her as an insider.

raumdeuter:

Indications that Mrs. Ojukwu would not find things easy fulfilling her ambition emerged soon after she showed interest in the senatorial seat, when members of the Ojukwu family held a press conference in Abuja, saying they were opposed to her becoming a senator for Anambra State. Their main reason was because she hailed from Enugu State and that it was improper for her to occupy a position meant for someone from Anambra South.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/how-ukachukwu-aborted-bianca-ojukwus-senatorial-ambition/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/how-ukachukwu-aborted-bianca-ojukwus-senatorial-ambition/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by keeeem: 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2019
@Mayor,

I commend your effort and bravery bringing these issues to the fore. We should all show love to our neighbours. I think the issue needs not being over-flogged. Our elders are observing and at the appropriate time, the needful will be done. One unique thing with Yorubas is that we always sound the clarion before we take action. We might be denigrated and called names but at the appropriate time we will give a response. It is people who call the fool a fool that will teach him to receive sense.

Just don't dissipate too much energy on this. I salute your courage. You are a very good young man
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Ojiofor: 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
raumdeuter:

Why dont you ask the govt of Abia state

Abia State Government had last month directed all non-indigenes in its service to disengage and return to their various states by October 1.

In the directive titled ”Back loading on transfer of non-indigenes in Abia State public service to their states of origin”, the Head of Service said, “I write to convey the approval of the Government of Abia State that all non-indigenes working in the public service of Abia state [including local governments] be transferred to their states of origin with effect from 1st October, 2011

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/abia-imo-in-verbal-warfare-over-sack-of-non-indigenes/

Abia state government employed everyone irrespective of their state of origin. That single action of T. A ORJI can not be used to judge the rest Igbo states.
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by raumdeuter: 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ojiofor:

Abia state government employed everyone irrespective of their state of origin. That single action of T. A ORJI can not be used to judge the rest Igbo states.

Abia an Ibo state made it aa policy to sack the non indigenes yet you have the guts to challenge Lagos state who has a number of your people in their own books

2 Likes

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Ojiofor: 4:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
raumdeuter:

Abia an Ibo state made it aa policy to sack the non indigenes yet you have the guts to challenge Lagos state who has a number of your people in their own books

It was T. A Orji as governor that did it which he later revised and reinstated those he sacked . It was never a policy of Abia state government.
BTW, must you copy what is considered to be Retrogressive?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by raumdeuter: 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ojiofor:

It was T. A Orji as governor that did it which he later revised and reinstated those he sacked . It was never a policy of Abia state government.
BTW, must you copy what is considered to be Retrogressive?

So Abia state a core Ibo state is allowed to do but Lagos that has not even done is the one chastised for Ibo hating
Some Eastern states passed laws to adopt Ibo language in their schools you hailed them, Lagos did the same you started screaming
Anambra under Peter Obigot deported destitutes, we didn't hear pim from anyone of you, when Fashola did the same you erupted

That tells us what your intentions are, You are not against these "injustice" as long as its done by Ibos, you are only wailing about any Yoruba policy

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Ojiofor: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2019
raumdeuter:

So Abia state a core Ibo state is allowed to do but Lagos that has not even done is the one chastised for Ibo hating
Some Eastern states passed laws to adopt Ibo language in their schools you hailed them, Lagos did the same you started screaming
Anambra under Peter Obigot deported destitutes, we didn't hear pim from anyone of you, when Fashola did the same you erupted

That tells us what your intentions are, You are not against these "injustice" as long as its done by Ibos, you are only wailing about any Yoruba policy

Oh boy, believe what you want. I don't even live in lagos. No need debating someone whose mind is already made up.
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by raumdeuter: 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ojiofor:
Oh boy, believe what you want. I don't even live in lagos. No need debating someone whose mind is already made up.

When we show you the hypocrisy of your people, they walk away with their tails between their legs in shame.

I have tasked you on the hypocrisy of your people
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Smithkafors(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2019
You people talk like market people,no point just emotions.
You have lots of Yoruba in London,some into politics or other into other things.Have heard white people alter this nonsense u are talking about.
Let me tell, whether Yorubas are in Nigeria or Nigeria divides,you can never stop an igbo man from entering your country or buying properties.Rather Yorubas will be the ones to make policies that will attract others including igbos to come and invest.Pls when next you talk try and be objective.D you ever think it's going to be easier for non igbo to win seats in igbo dominated areas.Once any party decides to give it's ticket to yoruba,the other party will give it to igbo would you rather think igbo should vote another in place of their brother.Pls be objective,find something doing for yourself and live tribal politics.it will not do you good.By the way,do you even have a stake in Lagos,igbo man that owns company in Lagos has a stake in Lagos more than you.Go and work hard and be a good ambassador to your people.

raumdeuter:

When we show you the hypocrisy of your people, they walk away with their tails between their legs in shame.

I have tasked you on the hypocrisy of your people
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by raumdeuter: 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2019
Smithkafors:
You people talk like market people,no point just emotions.
You have lots of Yoruba in London,some into politics or other into other things.Have heard white people alter this nonsense u are talking about.
Let me tell, whether Yorubas are in Nigeria or Nigeria divides,you can never stop an igbo man from entering your country or buying properties.Rather Yorubas will be the ones to make policies that will attract others including igbos to come and invest.Pls when next you talk try and be objective.D you ever think it's going to be easier for non igbo to win seats in igbo dominated areas.Once any party decides to give it's ticket to yoruba,the other party will give it to igbo would you rather think igbo should vote another in place of their brother.Pls be objective,find something doing for yourself and live tribal politics.it will not do you good.By the way,do you even have a stake in Lagos,igbo man that owns company in Lagos has a stake in Lagos more than you.Go and work hard and be a good ambassador to your people.

Remove the log in your eyes before worrying about the speck in your neighbors

Address the bigotry between Ibos in Abia, Anambra Imo first before telling SW what to do
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by SouthEastFacts: 6:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
You guys are just paranoid. I am glad you guys have realised now Ndi Igbo have a enough population that can influence election in the West.

Next month new Corp Members will pass out and many Igbos will find their way into Lagos. As long as we are one Nigeria, we will continue to move into Lagos without apology.

If you are pained, join the agitation to split this country but if not, in 25 years time, we will be equal stakeholders here.

But you see that madness you tried with Igbos in Surulere, don't forget we have Yorubas here in the East and when it will start, there be no soldier to protect you in Aba because you are not a Northerner.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akeredolu Joins Amosun, Others To Welcome President Buhari To Ogun State / Historical Timeline. NG: Pre-colonial To 4th Republic / Why Has VP Osinbanjo Refused To Sue Timi Frank,weeks After Accusations ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.