Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners (1593 Views)

Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) / An Anambra-based Man's Take On Soludo's Clarion Call To His Lagos-based Kinsmen / 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 1:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
I'm not from the east but I do have so many cool friends from there...you can't fault other tribes and not fault your tribe also..its really pathetic how things are and we really need to change.
I am Yoruba, an indigene of Lagos state (ibeju lekki) but I reside in Ikeja...I'm in no support of killing or any form of violence but I must tell you things must really change...we Nigerian are wired to learn the hard way, I really see some reasons why northerners are harsh towards some southerners in there region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
Igbo's have contested and won election in Lagos, but why will you use that to brag and abuse your host, you are indirectly or ignorantly spewing regret and anger in them, they abused the Yoruba's and called Lagos a man just because you won an election and are allowed free will without restrictions.

That can never happen in the north, you can't even go to the core north and call abuja a no man's land...its so annoying and it got to me...Igbo's are in civil service in Lagos, even if they aren't much at least they are in sizeable number..we have seen so many instance where an Enugu person was rejected and not allowed to contest election in anambra, so why stopping Yoruba's from doing same....it might look like its just online but I tell you its everywhere...the media has made the issue and every Yoruba are aware and it already looks like a ploy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Lastly I was somehow abused by an Igbo woman in Lagos and I had to call my dad about it, he was so vexed and had to make some calls...I was denied registering my national identity card cause my state of origin is Lagos, she told me to my face Lagos is no mans land and had to take me to the immigration department to confirm if I am a Nigerian.

I felt abused and had to notify my dad about it, he was vexed and called for the woman's sack which I don't know the outcome of the call though..all I'm trying to say is you don't get too relaxed and abuse privileges been given..I'm a bonafide indigene of Lagos and you don't know the king of anger and annoyance that comes to me when you guys call my ancestral land a mans land...there is already a ploy to stop all this and its already in the subconscious...I have no problem with people of other tribes..you have to call your people to order so it won't affect innocent people like you and i

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by atikulator2019: 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
no leave no transfer 1 Nigeria. Nobody has monopoly to violence.

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
I use this medium to plead to both parties to let peace reign...I am not saying this to pacify or gather likes, I am in support of my kinsmen in stopping the easterners from contesting, but never in a violent way...we need to criticize both parties in other not to be partial...we Yoruba's need to rise, we can't be taken for fools...we might be accommodating but we shouldn't be taken for granted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by austinsmat(m): 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
It shows that we are not one, period

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by pchukwudi: 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
You sound so ridiculous.

You cannot be clamoring for One Indivisible Nigeria, and still restrict some Nigerians from participating in the political/electoral process any where in Nigeria.

You are free to contest election anywhere in the east. No one will stop you, no one had ever stopped anyone from doing so. History has it that the first Mayor of Enugu was a Fulani man. That was BEFORE you were born.

But how do your people plan to contest and win elections in the East when most of you are too bigoted to go and live there?

As long as you insist on One Nigeria, Igbos (just like all other tribes) in Lagos have every right to be voted for, as well as vote for anyone they like.

If you don't like it, then start a call for disintegration.

Mayor08:
I use this medium to plead to both parties to let peace reign...I am not saying this to pacify or gather likes, I am in support of my kinsmen in stopping the easterners from contesting, but never in a violent way...we need to criticize both parties in other not to be partial...we Yoruba's need to rise, we can't be taken for fools...we might be accommodating but we shouldn't be taken for granted

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
pchukwudi:
You sound so ridiculous.

You cannot be clamoring for one Nigeria, and still restrict some Nigeria from participating in the political process any where in Nigeria.

You are free to contest election anywhere in the east. No one will stop you, no one had ever stopped anyone from doing so. History has it that the first Mayor of Enugu was a Fulani man. That was BEFORE you were born.

But how do your people plan to contest and win elections in the East when most of you are too bigoted to go and live there?

As long as you insist on One Nigeria, Igbos (just like all other tribes) in Lagos have every right to be voted for, as well as vote for anyone they like.

If you don't like it, then start a call for disintegration.

You made mention of incidence years back when it were mere appointment? Are you talking about the east where an Enugu person isn't allowed to contest in IMO, or an ebonyi man is been sent back from anambra?
You clearly aren't facing reality here, you guys are the bigots, I've seen more than one scenario where lands aren't been sold to non-indigenes...if someone from another state in the east isn't allowed to contest an election what will the be the fate of one from the west

3 Likes

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by pchukwudi: 1:47pm On Feb 28, 2019
The bolded is actually why I said that you are sounding very ridiculous.

First, you have zero evidence to support what you are saying. So, rather than throwing up silly and false assertions, how about citing a credible news report to validate your claim?

Second, who controls/regulates elections and the activities of political parties in Nigeria? The answer is: INEC.

Thus, as long as you have your party's ticket to contest in an elective position anywhere in the East, no indigenous person or group can stop you from contesting. They simply do not have a say in it.

For example, ADC do not have any presence in the East currently (but it has a significant presence in the South West). As a Yoruba man living in Awka all you need to do is to convince the party that's predominant in your homeland (like ADC) to give you their ticket to run for a position in your state of residence. Then, your proven sense of commitment, connectedness, and popularity in your local community of residence will guarantee your win.

How many of your people have thought of doing that?

Third, how many Igbo's have contested for elective positions in Lagos (or anywhere in the South West) under AD, ACN, or APC? Can you name just one?

Fourthly, I know a Yoruba man who runs a big and highly successful printing press in Onitsha (right inside the famous Main Market axis). Dude served in Onitsha during NYSC and refused to go back to the South West. He's fully established there now with his own residential house and a business. A CEO of a multimillion printing organization.

Mayor08:

You made mention of incidence years back when it were mere appointment? Are you talking about the east where an Enugu person isn't allowed to contest in IMO, or an ebonyi man is been sent back from anambra?
You clearly aren't facing reality here, you guys are the bigots, I've seen more than one scenario where lands aren't been sold to non-indigenes...if someone from another state in the east isn't allowed to contest an election what will the be the fate of one from the west

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
pchukwudi:
The bolded is actually why I said that you are sounding very ridiculous.

First, you have zero evidence to support what you are saying. So, rather than throwing up silly and false assertions, how about citing a credible news report to validate your claim?

Second, who controls/regulates elections and the activities of political parties in Nigeria? The answer is: INEC.

Thus, as long as you have your party's ticket to contest in an elective position anywhere in the East, no indigenous person or group can stop you from contesting. They simply do not have a say in it.

For example, ADC do not have any presence in the East currently (but it has a significant presence in the South West). As a Yoruba man living in Awka all you need to do is to convince the party that's predominant in your homeland (like ADC) to give you their ticket to run for a position in your state of residence. Then, your proven sense of commitment, connectedness, and popularity in your local community of residence will guarantee your win.

How many of your people have thought of doing that?

Third, how many Igbo's have contested for elective positions in Lagos (or anywhere in the South West) under AD, ACN, or APC? Can you name just one?

Well they aren't just claims...ojukwu's wife was actually restricted and the reason the gave was that she isn't from the state..browse it out..we all saw it here when elders of the particular place and even ojukwus family members said so to

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by FarahAideed: 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:
Lastly I was somehow abused by an Igbo woman in Lagos and I had to call my dad about it, he was so vexed and had to make some calls...I was denied registering my national identity card cause my state of origin is Lagos, she told me to my face Lagos is no mans land and had to take me to the immigration department to confirm if I am a Nigerian.

I felt abused and had to notify my dad about it, he was vexed and called for the woman's sack which I don't know the outcome of the call though..all I'm trying to say is you don't get too relaxed and abuse privileges been given..I'm a bonafide indigene of Lagos and you don't know the king of anger and annoyance that comes to me when you guys call my ancestral land a mans land...there is already a ploy to stop all this and its already in the subconscious...I have no problem with people of other tribes..you have to call your people to order so it won't affect innocent people like you and i

You are oartvof the problem in this country , the woman was following laid down procedure before issuing you a National Identity card , procedure Put in place to prevent illegal immigrants from neighbouring West African countries lay their hands on the cars and instead of you to abide you went to report her

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by pchukwudi: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
False. She simply lost the primaries. Even her husband could not win their senatorial seat when he was alive.

***By the way, see the fourth note I just added to the last comment.

Mayor08:

Well they aren't just claims...ojukwu's wife was actually restricted and the reason the gave was that she isn't from the state..browse it out..we all saw it here when elders of the particular place and even ojukwus family members said so to
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
FarahAideed:

You are oartvof the problem in this country , the woman was following laid down procedure before issuing you a National Identity card , procedure Put in place to prevent illegal immigrants from neighbouring West African countries lay their hands on the cars and instead of you to abide you went to report her
No I'm not, she took advantage cause I look young, mind you I'm in my mid twenties...A man and his wife sat beside me and they were clearly badagry indigenes..the problem wasn't her been suspicious but having the mind to say there are no indigenes of Lagos that we are all liars...Lagos is no man's land
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
pchukwudi:
False. She simply lost the primaries. Even her husband could not win their senatorial seat when he was alive.

Well I guess that was one of the reasons she lost..well the reason some of my kinsmen don't go east is cause we hear, feel and believe you guys are hostile..so many people say this..it might be a wrong misconception though... Thanks for been civil
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by pchukwudi: 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2019
Generally, Igbo's are actually one of the most stranger-friendly tribes in Nigeria. This is actually one of the major root causes of our wide diaspora living inclination. We are very friendly to strangers in our cultures and homeland that's why we find it so easy to travel to very remote and strange lands and dwell there so fearlessly often to the bewilderment of all the other tribes in this country.

Mayor08:

Well I guess that was one of the reasons she lost..well the reason some of my kinsmen don't go east is cause we hear, feel and believe you guys are hostile..so many people say this..it might be a wrong misconception though... Thanks for been civil

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Ojiofor: 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

No I'm not, she took advantage cause I look young, mind you I'm in my mid twenties...A man and his wife sat beside me and they were clearly badagry indigenes..the problem wasn't her been suspicious but having the mind to say there are no indigenes of Lagos that we are all liars...Lagos is no man's land

Nigeria is a terrible country and you are part of the problem.
How many Oyo state indigenes work in Ekiti as civil servants for a example.?
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 2:48pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ojiofor:

Nigeria is a terrible country and you are part of the problem.
How many Oyo state indigenes work in Ekiti as civil servants for a example.?
There are so many..I schooled oau and can say they don't care if you are from osun or not..the PDP governorship candidate in ekiti was a civil servant in osun..former governor of ondo olisegin mimiko, his younger brother worked in osun state civil service, my aunt who is from Ogun state is a civil servant in osun also....a commissioner in osun is from ondo state...just so many i can't name
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2019
pchukwudi:
Generally, Igbo's are actually one of the most stranger-friendly tribes in Nigeria. This is actually one of the major root causes of our wide diaspora living inclination. We are very friendly to strangers in our cultures and homeland that's why we find it so easy to travel to very remote and strange lands and dwell there so fearlessly often to the bewilderment of all the other tribes in this country.

Well I have close friends from the east and have no doubt about what you just said..the bad eggs are giving you guys a bad image..live and let's live, love and let's love..peace
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by nwanyionitsha: 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

This here is a lie. Nobody will do that except they have instructions from their office to do so.
You even have a right to sue if she actually did that.
I just believe we play around with these things.
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Ojiofor: 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

There are so many..I schooled oau and can say they don't care if you are from osun or not..the PDP governorship candidate in ekiti was a civil servant in osun..former governor of ondo olisegin mimiko, his younger brother worked in osun state civil service, my aunt who is from Ogun state is a civil servant in osun also....a commissioner in osun is from ondo state...just so many i can't name

So you accomodate each and discriminate against Igbos because of ethnicity. What is the difference between an Igbo man born in lagos and a Yoruba man from Ekiti born in Lagos?
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by nwanyionitsha: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:
Is that why they were attacked during presidential elections and not allowed to vote?

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:
Igbo's have contested and won election in Lagos, but why will you use that to brag and abuse your host, you are indirectly or ignorantly spewing regret and anger in them, they abused the Yoruba's and called Lagos a man just because you won an election and are allowed free will without restrictions.

That can never happen in the north, you can't even go to the core north and call abuja a no man's land...its so annoying and it got to me...Igbo's are in civil service in Lagos, even if they aren't much at least they are in sizeable number..we have seen so many instance where an Enugu person was rejected and not allowed to contest election in anambra, so why stopping Yoruba's from doing same....it might look like its just online but I tell you its everywhere...the media has made the issue and every Yoruba are aware and it already looks like a ploy

DID ANY VOTER IN AGUDA SURULERE OR OKOTA CALL LAGOS NO MAN'S LAND? WHAT POO ARE YOU SMOKING? BTW WE ALSO HAVE LOTS OF YORUBAS AND NORTHEENERS IN THE EAST AS WELL

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by mightyhazel: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

where did u get that jargon that lands are not sold to non indigenes.. abi u dont have the mind to leave ur enclave or enough money to buy land in the east.. bring better money and see me sell even my dads estate to you.

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by mightyhazel: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
how many lands and properties do yorubas own in other parts of the country and west african countries?? or they too are not selling?
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by nwanyionitsha: 3:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

No educated person would do tgis so you are lying. Even when we say no man's land, it just a joke and to make mockery.
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by raumdeuter: 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
pchukwudi:

Indications that Mrs. Ojukwu would not find things easy fulfilling her ambition emerged soon after she showed interest in the senatorial seat, when members of the Ojukwu family held a press conference in Abuja, saying they were opposed to her becoming a senator for Anambra State. Their main reason was because she hailed from Enugu State and that it was improper for her to occupy a position meant for someone from Anambra South.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/how-ukachukwu-aborted-bianca-ojukwus-senatorial-ambition/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/how-ukachukwu-aborted-bianca-ojukwus-senatorial-ambition/
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
Ojiofor:

So you accomodate each and discriminate against Igbos because of ethnicity. What is the difference between an Igbo man born in lagos and a Yoruba man from Ekiti born in Lagos?

Why dont you ask the govt of Abia state

Abia State Government had last month directed all non-indigenes in its service to disengage and return to their various states by October 1.

In the directive titled ”Back loading on transfer of non-indigenes in Abia State public service to their states of origin”, the Head of Service said, “I write to convey the approval of the Government of Abia State that all non-indigenes working in the public service of Abia state [including local governments] be transferred to their states of origin with effect from 1st October, 2011

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/abia-imo-in-verbal-warfare-over-sack-of-non-indigenes/

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
No educated person would do tgis so you are lying. Even when we say no man's land, it just a joke and to make mockery.

Lie for what..she said that
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by NkayStory(f): 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

Oga just clamour for a seperate country like your Adeyinka Grandson the crazy bigot in the UK...That is the permanent solution to all these empty noise and rants from you lots....Even if you do not have the balls to do that do not condemn anyone else who does...rather support them

I am personally sick of Nigeria as it is and desperately wish it can crumble to ashes....and i am an Igbo lady.
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by Mayor08: 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2019
mightyhazel:
where did u get that jargon that lands are not sold to non indigenes.. abi u dont have the mind to leave ur enclave or enough money to buy land in the east.. bring better money and see me sell even my dads estate to you.
I clearly stated people and not me...check my other post before typing
Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by mightyhazel: 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

I clearly stated people and not me...check my other post before typing
then use ur brain to project it to those “people”.
u clearly agree with their opinion hence ur sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Unity In Disunity, Clarion Call To Easterners by meccuno: 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2019
dem don start again oh ..............how do you buy land when you are far away in Lagos or any other part of the SW? How do you win any election in the SE when your people the Yorubas dont travel out of their region to other places? The major problem i have with Yorubas here in Lagos is that they assume alot of things. And they have this story that has been passed down from generations to the present youth. I hate it when these people come and start giving advices and telling us how accomodating they are like as if they are doing us a favour. Please dont act on hear say. leave your comfort zones and explore other places other than the SW. That the essence of NYSC. stop being ignorant.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo And Osun Farmers Planting Marijuana (weed) For Its Profitability(video) / Info / Imo Tribunal Judgment A Travesty And Miscarriage Of Jusyice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.