Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

South African Visa. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Visa. (17642 Views)

South African Visa: Study Permit Or Visitors Visa / How Can I Get A South African Visa by August? / South African Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

South African Visa. by fris(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hello fellow nairalanderz.

I have gathered a lot of information from here about visas and stuffs.Right now,I want to apply for a South African Visa for 1 week vacation.

I have been very nervous on how to go about the first step.Most travel agents i contacted charged me #130 000 or #180 000.But i am someone that told myself i can do this alone with just the right information.

Firstly,I am a first time traveler with an E-passport.Below is the budget i created.

#
Visa fee : 10 000
Refundable repertory fee : 83 000
Hotel 7 days : 75 000
Flight : 112 500
Tour total : 81 750 (To be paid for tour guidance around Jo'burg)
BTA (1000$) : 150 000

Total : 512 250

Aside all this are there any other things needed that makes these travel agents charge like they are the Embassy? They scared me that i won't be given without proper documents even though i did all this legit.

Please i need the address of South African embassy in Lagos.I saw many address online and don't know which is which.

I can get my statement of account.Also pay all this fund in advance.The hotel,Ticket and a prove of the 1000$ in my domicile.

Is there anything else i need?.I want to do this alone but with all information.Also the refundable fees.Do i pay it along with the visa fees?

Do i pay for the hotel,Flight and tour all at once before i take all receipt and documents to apply in person?.

With these questions answered i should be good to go and i will let you all know when i got the visa.Thanks.

I just want to start my traveling experience with SA then Europe next year.Don't like the sound of a first time traveler. No Time.

Thanks
Re: South African Visa. by franny1980: 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2010
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, grin grin grin grin grin grin
My dear i will advise you to forget about SA and travel to another country or you have ursef to blame.
If you doubt it you can try and and see what am telling you.
That embassy is not organise at all.
They will stress you, take your money and at same time deny you.
It is the most difficult country to get visa especailly for vacation, even to enter inside the embassy is war.
You will fight, bribe yet you will not succeed.
The visa fee is 8,600.00 and 1050 bank charges, 120,000 for repatiration fee all this you will pay into the diamond bank but repatiration is not for everybody you might be lucky they wont ask for it.
Submission of application is by appointment ie you will get appointment first before you submit but to enter inside the embassy and get that appointment and even to submit is now a big prob.
Infact the story too much,
Go and try first good luck,
Re: South African Visa. by Mbeki: 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2010
Don't mind the people making hell out of the visa processing exercise, if the embassy in lagos is like the other guy explained, come to the embassy in USUma street maitama in Abuja, once u have all these stuff ready, you'll be issued your visa, it's the touts in Lagos that are conniving with the embassy officials to make the process difficult.
You have the rights to travel to anywhere you want to.
Re: South African Visa. by niceguy10: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2010
With all what is going on here in SA, some people even want to come here, what a world? Poster why cant you try another country?
Re: South African Visa. by fris(m): 5:49am On Sep 05, 2010
Hello Fellow Nairalanderz.

I took your advise and went myself and to my surprise.That is no embassy. Tout is the consulate.Right from outside they run to you and guarantee you visa and even go ahead to tell you if you go inside yourself and do all process they will personally hand over your passport without visa.

I was surprised.The SA embassy has allowed Nigerian tout to collect bribes for everything.Well after a two days stress.I finally gave in to one of my Agent in my street.To save me all stress and documents.What a country.I thought i could do it all by myself with legit documents but when i got there.all they want is pay an agent to pay them their commission and get your visa.I should bone the legit documents.We are in Nigeria.I told one of them i just want to go for one week Tour and vacation and nothing more.I love my country.I just needed a rest in SA and be back here but still they said even it is one day.I will still go through the process.

I was pissed but what can i do.I want to visit SA and visit some sights and my friends then be back.Well This was my experience.The agent charged #180 000 Hard earned money.To pay #50 000 first and after visa #130 000 to save me all the headache.Well what can i do.I succumb and paid. It should be out in 3 weeks as promised by the agent in my street.He does it always and i had him sign all undertaken too just in case.

But why can't someone get visa with ease to our brother country in Africa.Even to Ghana through road.You will pay bribes almost at every boarder.
Re: South African Visa. by justwise(m): 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2010
jot01:

@ Poster, we all told you and its from experience.
You will waste time Que for 12hrs and u mght not enter self.
With the agent, no reparttion fee.
If anyone needs SA visa, please contact me and we take it from there

Shameless fools like you made a mess of the whole situation, how can Nigeria move on with pple like you?
Re: South African Visa. by justwise(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2010
fris:

Hello Fellow Nairalanderz.I took your advise and went myself and to my surprise.That is no embassy. Tout is the consulate.Right from outside they run to you and guarantee you visa and even go ahead to tell you if you go inside yourself and do all process they will personally hand over your passport without visa.I was surprised.The SA embassy has allowed Nigerian tout to collect bribes for everything.Well after a two days stress.I finally gave in to one of my Agent in my street.To save me all stress and documents.What a country.I thought i could do it all by myself with legit documents but when i got there.all they want is pay an agent to pay them their commission and get your visa.I should bone the legit documents.We are in Nigeria.I told one of them i just want to go for one week Tour and vacation and nothing more.I love my country.I just needed a rest in SA and be back here but still they said even it is one day.I will still go through the process.I was pissed but what can i do.I want to visit SA and visit some sights and my friends then be back.Well This was my experience.The agent charged #180 000 Hard earned money.To pay #50 000 first and after visa #130 000 to save me all the headache.Well what can i do.I succumb and paid. It should be out in 3 weeks as promised by the agent in my street.He does it always and i had him sign all undertaken too just in case.But why can't someone get visa with ease to our brother country in Africa.Even to Ghana through road.You will pay bribes almost at every boarder.
You will only be making the situation worst if u keep paying those criminals, you keep them in business.
Re: South African Visa. by jot01(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2010
@ Jstwise,
You are the Biggest fool i have ever seen ,

how can you insult people like that without reason, we are here to learn,contribute.

If you really have brain then you will know what we talking about.

Oloriburukun Oloshi. That where most of you get problem in life and runing from Babalawo and Prophets for help. I will teach you a lesson you will never forget and you be looking for help around.

Oti wo wahala ni ile ayee ee, and will let you know what the world is all about

You can jst start insulting people and for ur informations am not in Nigeria and also are we d one to make Nigeria be good.

Even anywhere in da World people use Agent to get there Visa and its not a Big deal.
Re: South African Visa. by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2010
jot01:

@ Jstwise,You are the Biggest fool i have ever seen ,how can you insult people like that without reason, we are here to learn,contribute.
If you really have brain then you will know what we talking about.Oloriburukun Oloshi. That where most of you get problem in life and runing from Babalawo and Prophets for help. I will teach you a lesson you will never forget and you be looking for help around. Oti wo wahala ni ile ayee ee, and will let you know what the world is all aboutYou can jst start insulting people and for your informations am not in Nigeria and also are we d one to make Nigeria be good.Even anywhere in da World people use Agent to get there Visa and its not a Big deal.

Hot air! Absolutely nonsense, who give a monkey abt where u are?

Yes pple use agents but those agents are genuine, registered and trusted, not criminals with pay-as-you-go phone numbers and gmail email addresses. Why should anybody hand over his or her documents to street touts like you?
Something that was supposed to be easy and straight forward is ruined by shameless morons like you.

1 Like

Re: South African Visa. by jot01(m): 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2010
Just went through all ur coments so far on NL nd found out the kind of human you are.

Silent is the best answer for a Fool.

You go hear Ham.

You will come begging, Oti shi shee oooo
Re: South African Visa. by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2010
jot01:

Just went through all your coments so far on NL nd found out the kind of human you are.
Silent is the best answer for a Fool.
You go hear Ham.
You will come begging, Oti shi shee oooo

Come begging you for what?

Rubbish!

I hope pple stay away from dubious individuals like you.
Re: South African Visa. by jot01(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2010
You a fool, Have i ever told anyone i do SA Visa that you accusing me of what i never did.

That is the reason why God will Punish you and you will suffer for this.
Re: South African Visa. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2010
^^^forget that guy, he's havin issues wit almost evry1 in this forum wit ''i too knw mentality'' xcept those that dance to d tone of his music. I can never b intimated by any s.hit on Nairaland. Just allow peace to reign, ok?lol
Re: South African Visa. by chelseabmw(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2010
Just passing. . . . wink
Re: South African Visa. by jot01(m): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2010
Thanks Tamita, Can you imagine, I never said anything concerning him atall, was just advising the poster abt the issue at SA embassy and the poster also witness it and this full started saying stupid words.

Maybe his acessing the NL from Aro or Yabo Apa Osiii.

Cheers Good and reasonable people on NL.

Have a wonderful new week , God bless us all
Re: South African Visa. by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 06, 2010
jot01:

Thanks Tamita, Can you imagine, I never said anything concerning him atall, was just advising the poster abt the issue at SA embassy and the poster also witness it and this full started saying silly words.

Maybe his acessing the NL from Aro or Yabo Apa Osiii.

Cheers Good and reasonable people on NL.

Have a wonderful new week , God bless us all
Re: South African Visa. by justwise(m): 8:33am On Sep 06, 2010
jot01:

You a fool, Have i ever told anyone i do SA Visa that you accusing me of what i never did.
That is the reason why God will Punish you and you will suffer for this.

Tamita:

^^^forget that guy, he's havin issues wit almost evry1 in this forum wit ''i too knw mentality'' xcept those that dance to d tone of his music. I can never b intimated by any s.hit on Nairaland. Just allow peace to reign, ok?lol

Bloody waste of space.
Re: South African Visa. by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2010
justwise:

Bloody waste of space.
Hahahaha. . . . . . .u make me laugh in my local dialet. Waste of space ke, waste of space ni. Do u pay for my internet services? Hahahahaha. . . . . . . . . . . . Hahahahahaha. . . . . . . , . .Abeg jor, i nor get ur tym jare.
Re: South African Visa. by motiwakeup: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2010
@
jot01:

@ Poster, we all told you and its from experience.

You will waste time Que for 12hrs and u mght not enter self.

With the agent, no reparttion fee.

If anyone needs SA visa, please contact me and we take it from there

@jot01
u are the architect of ur problem, u implicitly said u do visa from ur statement.
Getting visa shouldn't be tedious once ur doc are in tact but we tend to complicate things for others. y?
alot of people had been scammed on NL, i once fell into it for real (over 300k) before finally processing it myself without an agent. And that's y i support and will continue to support justwise cos if i heard listen i won't av been dumped,
once ur doc are complete and legit it isn't a big deal but Nigers will just want out by all means,
we need people that will help stop scammers if not completely but at least limit there activities.
believe me those words u said will backfire if u don't reverse it fast just an advice a word is enough for the wise,
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: South African Visa. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2010
@motiwakeup,
We all knw wat is obtainable in most of dis Embassy in 9ja. Honest speaking, go to these embassy(ies) and c 4 ursef. Touts had almost taken over d embassy themselves. Personally, i dnt support scam/scammers/agent on dis forum. A friend of mine has been douped twice by these theives that called themselves Visa Agent. But to get wat u want, one may decide 2 use any geniune one (agent).
I'm nt against any forumite fighting scams because i do fight against them too. But accusing people falsely is wat i personally hate here. We 've folks that tends "2 knw all".
i'm not here to fight any1 BUT just 2 learn and make new friends. Peace be to ALL!
Re: South African Visa. by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2010
motiwakeup:

@@jot01u are the architect of your problem, u implicitly said u do visa from your statement.
Getting visa shouldn't be tedious once your doc are in tact but we tend to complicate things for others. y?
alot of people had been scammed on NL, i once fell into it for real (over 300k) before finally processing it myself without an agent. And that's y i support and will continue to support justwise cos if i heard listen i won't av been dumped, once your doc are complete and legit it isn't a big deal but Nigers will just want out by all means, we need people that will help stop scammers if not completely but at least limit there activities.
believe me those words u said will backfire if u don't reverse it fast just an advice a word is enough for the wise,
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!1

Don't give that plonker the time of the day, he is fraudulent individual, his intentions were written all over his posts.

Only a brain dead slowpoke like Tamita will not see that.
Re: South African Visa. by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2010
Tamita:

@motiwakeup,
We all knw wat is obtainable in most of dis Embassy in 9ja. Honest speaking, go to these embassy(ies) and c 4 ursef. Touts had almost taken over d embassy themselves. Personally, i dnt support scam/scammers/agent on dis forum. A friend of mine has been douped twice by these theives that called themselves Visa Agent. But to get wat u want, one may decide 2 use any geniune one (agent).
I'm nt against any forumite fighting scams because i do fight against them too. But accusing people falsely is wat i personally hate here. We 've folks that tends "2 knw all".
i'm not here to fight any1 BUT just 2 learn and make new friends. Peace be to ALL!

God might have blessed you with many things BUT common sense is NOT one of them.
Re: South African Visa. by philip0906(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2010
justwise,take it easy,u r now taking it 2 another level
Re: South African Visa. by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2010
philip0906:

justwise,take it easy,u r now taking it 2 another level

Honestly i have been biting my lips when it comes to Tamita , he has issues with me for a long time now, i have over-looked some of the comments he made about me in many occasions.

I just don't know what his problems are with me, now i have had enough, i really have.
Re: South African Visa. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2010
justwise:

God might have blessed you with many things BUT common sense is NOT one of them.
U're a Mad idiot. Who giv a s.hit abt ur Existense? Do u even have Comon Sense Justfool? God has Blessed me and wil continue to bless me. . . . Dnt worry, i'm comin back 4 u MuDafuCKER!
Re: South African Visa. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2010
justwise:

Honestly i have being bitting my lips when it comes to Tamita , he has issues with me for a long time now, i have over-looked some of the comments he made about me in many occasions.

I just don't know what his problems are with me, now i have had enough, i really have.
I hope u dnt chopp off that Igbo-stinking-mouth of urs. Where have i made odd comments abt u? I just pray i could c u in person atleast 2 giv u d BEATING OF UR MISERABLE LIFE. because u'r studying rubbish in d uk, u feel as if u're above evry1. Dnt worry, u'll soon find ursef in MMA. Have u read d latest news abt plonkers lyk u who went 2 uk tru doggy schs? I dnt ve ur tym yet JUSTFOOL!
Re: South African Visa. by suxes2005(m): 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2010
Tamita n justwise u guys shud 4get
this and lets move on!

U knw wat dis thread is made for!!

SHALOM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Container Truck Tumbles In Apapa Lagos (photos) / Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 / Worlds Biggest Snake Killed In Africa (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.