Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (198063 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2012
JeSoul: Lol. Brother no vex ehn grin.

grin

JeSoul:
On Naija politics, me I prefer to read & learn. I always feel like I don't know enough to comment on that so I should be asking what is your view. I can comment though that I remember one of his first actions in office was to enact legislation to modify term limits for the presidency (that is never a good sign)- 2 terms (abbreviated or not) should be the max - and no more than 8yrs. One of the major problems with African countries are power-hungry presidents who refuse to relinquish the leadership to younger, fresher minds.
Do you think there will ever be a change in quality of governance and public administration within Nigeria, a more 'civilized' not necessarily 'American or European' mode of politics? A government that would curb wastage of resources and focus on providing basic amenities to its people? If yes, what do you think will influence such change? Would it be internal or external?

Sorry o... politics na my hobby to.. don't talk about it much though cos in Nigeria, it remains an exercise in futility as long as one remains outside the 'government'..
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) Notice my division of your comment into two parts. The first part would be a result of extreme liberalism on the society- an entitled socieity. The second part of your statement is the exteme conservative side- the bourgeoi; a society where the rich rule.

One thing is for sure; a society needs a safety net for the elderly and disabled or unemployed. That is a liberal stance. Ending slavery is a progressive stance. Womens rights is both a liberal and progressive stance. Conservatism is keeping tradition.

2) The bold of your comment is very dangerous. Numerically, there are more whites on welfare in total and so, we shouldnt stereotype latinos and blacks as welfare queens while leaving whites and asians with the stereotypes of hardworking people. Any race can be on welfare.

As someone living in the UK, Obamacare is the way. cool

Lemme correct myself (you're right) I stereotyped there and that's not good, I just had minorities in mind when I wrote that - thanks for correcting that. On the other side, while you're right that "numerically" there are more whites dependent on the system, percentage-wise minorities are more - and this is the more telling stat.

This "a society needs a safety net for the elderly and disabled or unemployed. That is a liberal stance." I daresay is not just a liberal stance but rather a human one. I just think that political labels have been slapped on that may/may not necessarily reflect the true beliefs of the adherents.

The NHS & Obamacare are great systems - in theory. I'd like to see where the NHS is in 10yrs. And Obamacare has so many issues I will just hold my peace - insurance premiums have already gone up thousands for next year. Until waste, greedy HMOS, corrupt drug companies & lazy, self-destructive people are addressed... there was a recent article on CNN that showed the healthcare system would benefit billions over a few years if people simply lowered their BMI by a few points. Healthcare is complicated, and I honestly have no good answer.

Ihedinobi:

I'd love to pursue this discussion with you. I don't have the time right now, but I'll get on it, perhaps tonight or tomorrow. I hope you'll accommodate me. smiley
The accomodation is mine smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2012
JeSoul: Lemme correct myself (you're right) I stereotyped there and that's not good, I just had minorities in mind when I wrote that - thanks for correcting that. On the other side, while you're right that "numerically" there are more whites dependent on the system, percentage-wise minorities are more - and this is the more telling stat.

This "a society needs a safety net for the elderly and disabled or unemployed. That is a liberal stance." I daresay is not just a liberal stance but rather a human one. I just think that political labels have been slapped on that may/may not necessarily reflect the true beliefs of the adherents.

The NHS & Obamacare are great systems - in theory. I'd like to see where the NHS is in 10yrs. And Obamacare has so many issues I will just hold my peace - insurance premiums have already gone up thousands for next year. Until waste, greedy HMOS, corrupt drug companies & lazy, self-destructive people are addressed... there was a recent article on CNN that showed the healthcare system would benefit billions over a few years if people simply lowered their BMI by a few points. Healthcare is complicated, and I honestly have no good answer.

The accomodation is mine smiley

NHS has been around before I was even born. Please, dont let Americans lie to you, they have lower life expectancy than the British
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
musKeeto:

grin

Do you think there will ever be a change in quality of governance and public administration within Nigeria, a more 'civilized' not necessarily 'American or European' mode of politics? A government that would curb wastage of resources and focus on providing basic amenities to its people? If yes, what do you think will influence such change? Would it be internal or external?

Sorry o... politics na my hobby to.. don't talk about it much though cos in Nigeria, it remains an exercise in futility as long as one remains outside the 'government'..
I removed my post from here, lets continue here so we don't 'derail' and so we have our own space.
Ihedinobi meet me here too smiley
...https://www.nairaland.com/1083809/muskeeto-ihedinobi-lb...lets-talk-here
smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

NHS has been around before I was even born. Please, dont let Americans lie to you, they have lower life expectancy than the British

Lol. Okay oh. I just want to see how sustainable many of these programs are. As long as you have enough people paying into the system than taking advantage over it. So many European countries with similar programs have been circling the financial drain the past few years.

...the NHS na your pride now I know, na that one una take showcase during the Olympics, lol, una no shame compared to what the Chinese did 4yrs earlier.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
JeSoul: Lol. Okay oh. I just want to see how sustainable many of these programs are. As long as you have enough people paying into the system than taking advantage over it. So many European countries with similar programs have been circling the financial drain the past few years.

...the NHS na your pride now I know, na that one una take showcase during the Olympics, lol, una no shame compared to what the Chinese did 4yrs earlier.

What? This is the arrogance of America, they fail to realise that some European countries have better health statistics than them eg Germany which remains a strong economy as well.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorAIO: 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
JeSoul: Lol. Okay oh. I just want to see how sustainable many of these programs are. As long as you have enough people paying into the system than taking advantage over it. So many European countries with similar programs have been circling the financial drain the past few years.

Aaaha! Sis Jes! How many social programs are sustainable? How many societies are sustainable? How many civilizations last forever? Even the financial system of the world is not sustainable. Everything will fail one day.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
Hi,

I think this is front page material wink
https://www.nairaland.com/1085214/how-christians-handle-miracles-magic

Please, you can do it cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by clemogusGC: 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 7:29pm On Oct 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

What? This is the arrogance of America, they fail to realise that some European countries have better health statistics than them eg Germany which remains a strong economy as well.
This would be a good point but you'd first have to point out where I said the US has the best healthcare system in the world.

Pastor AIO:

Aaaha! Sis Jes! How many social programs are sustainable? How many societies are sustainable? How many civilizations last forever? Even the financial system of the world is not sustainable. Everything will fail one day.
lol. I honestly have no counter to ^that!

Logicboy03: Hi,

I think this is front page material wink
https://www.nairaland.com/1085214/how-christians-handle-miracles-magic

Please, you can do it cheesy
I've recommended it. Cheers.

clemogusGC: hehe let this go firstpage pls lwkmd

http://www.ogusbaba.com/2012/10/barka-de-sallah-funny-pics.html
That's not NL now smiley.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2012
JeSoul: This would be a good point but you'd first have to point out where I said the US has the best healthcare system in the world.

USA has the best healthcare in the world? lol.....you guys only win on innovation. Stop behaving like the "American exceptionalism" group and accept that the usa doesnt have the best healthcare in the world

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/News/News-Releases/2010/Jun/US-Ranks-Last-Among-Seven-Countries.aspx
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2012
Thanks for the Front Page suggestion!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

USA has the best healthcare in the world? lol.....you guys only win on innovation. Stop behaving like the "American exceptionalism" group and accept that the usa doesnt have the best healthcare in the world

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/News/News-Releases/2010/Jun/US-Ranks-Last-Among-Seven-Countries.aspx
lol. You may want to re-read my post you quoted and then adjust your reply accordingly smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
JeSoul: lol. You may want to re-read my post you quoted and then adjust your reply accordingly smiley

Sorry, misread your quote.....I read it as you saying that you pointed out that USA had the best Healthcare tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by wizzmc: 12:46am On Oct 28, 2012
[b]NAIRALANDERS!! dis has to stop
I want to believe some people are swerving away from the purpose of the use of Nairaland. We now have people who specialize in raining abuses on each other while some people do  no better thing with their membership profile than to castigate, criticize and speak ill of men of God. I can't condone the likes someone posting the picture of Bishop Oyedepo and saying he is dancing azonto. Don't you know it is absolutely wrong for you to open your mouth to speak (or use your fingers to type ) anyhow about men of God. Without being sentimental, I know of a truth that there is no religion that supports disrespect and disregard to their leaders. 
Spiritual leaders are meant to be respected because they are God's mouth to the people. We know of some people that kill their fellow human being all in the name of fighting against anyone the disrespects their spiritual leader. If you have any issue with any spiritual leader, discuss it with sanity of mind and heart for you not to unravel the wrath of God upon yourself. And of course you'll agree with me that nothing you have said or you will say here will change any man, you just keep suffering your mouth. How long are you going to continue in this immaturity of the highest order.
If you can achieved at least 10% of what Oyedepo has achieved in life, downrightly, it is certain you will not have the luxury of time for such talks.
Why not keep those lips of yours with all diligence and apply it to wisdom.
In a nutshell we cannot continue to have immature people here . He that walks with the wise shall be wise. Nothing but foolish utterances will come out of the mouth of a fool.
Anyone here should be matured enough, and also maturity should reflect in whatever they post and comments viz.
This ought to be a forum where important issues bothering the mind of youths and members generally should be discussed, mix ideas from all works of life, make friends, and above all get informed and updated with every happenings around you both at national and international levels.
[/b][color=#990000][/color][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 28, 2012
wizzmc: [b]NAIRALANDERS!! dis has to stop
I want to believe some people are swerving away from the purpose of the use of Nairaland. We now have people who specialize in raining abuses on each other while some people do  no better thing with their membership profile than to castigate, criticize and speak ill of men of God. I can't condone the likes someone posting the picture of Bishop Oyedepo and saying he is dancing azonto. Don't you know it is absolutely wrong for you to open your mouth to speak (or use your fingers to type ) anyhow about men of God. Without being sentimental, I know of a truth that there is no religion that supports disrespect and disregard to their leaders. 
Spiritual leaders are meant to be respected because they are God's mouth to the people. We know of some people that kill their fellow human being all in the name of fighting against anyone the disrespects their spiritual leader. If you have any issue with any spiritual leader, discuss it with sanity of mind and heart for you not to unravel the wrath of God upon yourself. And of course you'll agree with me that nothing you have said or you will say here will change any man, you just keep suffering your mouth. How long are you going to continue in this immaturity of the highest order.
If you can achieved at least 10% of what Oyedepo has achieved in life, downrightly, it is certain you will not have the luxury of time for such talks.
In a nutshell we cannot continue to have immature people here . He that walks with the wise shall be wise. Nothing but foolish utterances will come out of the mouth of a fool.
Anyone here should be matured enough, and also maturity should reflect in whatever they post and comments viz.
This ought to be a forum where important issues bothering the mind of youths and members generally should be discussed, mix ideas from all works of life, make friends, and above all get informed and updated with every happenings around you both at national and international levels.

^^^^

This is the erosion in common sense that christianity causes.

Tell me Jesoul, have you seen any atheist that has ever shown a mix of hypocrisy, intolerance and ignorance like the above poster?

Note how this MOG defender can not use his/her common sense to realise that no one is above criticism, even MOGs or pastors. This is also not a place ruled by theocratic christian laws were anointed ones can not be criticized.

I am saddened at the foolishness which reigns among some Nigerians
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Zikkyy(m): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2012

You think this is Iran abi?

@Mod, to ensure we don't read posts like this around here I recommend that this poster be banned angry

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2012

It'd have been better if you never started typing. Shut up joor.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 10:18am On Oct 28, 2012
wizzmc: some people do  no better thing with their membership profile than to castigate, criticize and speak ill of men of God. Don't you know it is absolutely wrong for you to open your mouth to speak (or use your fingers to type ) anyhow about men of God.

from this ^^^ i can deduce that you have already done the judgement for God that they have been approved by the almighty God.

Can you give us the evidence for this your conclusion?

Did you arrived at that because he carries a bible?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 10:21am On Oct 28, 2012
Zikkyy:

You think this is Iran abi?

@Mod, to ensure we don't read posts like this around here I recommend that this poster be banned angry

supported.

Maybe he feeds fat from tith money at the expense of the sheeple.
*sigh*
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by seyibrown(f): 2:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hi Mods,

I am seeking clarification as to what happened to the recent thread that was asking what our reactions would be if a prophet were to come tell us they saw a vision in which God told them to marry our 9 year old (something along those lines). Is the thread still alive or am I just particularly banned from the thread for my one or both of my posts in the thread.

I don't know who is the particular MOD for the section on which that thread was but I will appreciate knowing what happened.

Thank you.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
@wizzmc
Nairaland is a discussion forum so their are bound to be differences of opinions when topics are discussed. The pentacostal will not agree with the catholic. The muslim will not agree with the christian. The theist will not agree with the atheist. But so far we all stick within the forum rules & regulations then you have nothing to complain about. If you do feel any poster is offending you & breaking any rule then click on the report to moderator link. Say what the problem is then me or JeSouL will deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
seyibrown: Hi Mods,

I am seeking clarification as to what happened to the recent thread that was asking what our reactions would be if a prophet were to come tell us they saw a vision in which God told them to marry our 9 year old (something along those lines). Is the thread still alive or am I just particularly banned from the thread for my one or both of my posts in the thread.

I don't know who is the particular MOD for the section on which that thread was but I will appreciate knowing what happened.

Thank you.

I have been looking for that paticular topic for the topic and eventually found it in the recycle bin (which is only visible to us mods) For whatever reason mukina decided to put it there. Sorry.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by DevotedOne(m): 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
In The Name of The One GOD. Salaam/Peace, moderator. Will you please remove the following post, as I do not have the proper links to complete the post. Thanks. DevotedOne.

https://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?redirect=%2F1087637%2Fchoice-illuminati%2312746587&post=12746587
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
manmustwac: I have been looking for that paticular topic for the topic and eventually found it in the recycle bin (which is only visible to us mods) For whatever reason mukina decided to put it there. Sorry.
is mukina2 a muslim?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
toba: is mukina2 a muslim?
Of course
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by seyibrown(f): 12:26am On Oct 30, 2012
manmustwac: I have been looking for that paticular topic for the topic and eventually found it in the recycle bin (which is only visible to us mods) For whatever reason mukina decided to put it there. Sorry.

Thanks, manmustwac! Just had to know. Hopefully, Mukina will be kind enough to shed some light at some point in the future on why the thread had to be binned. We should be allowed to freely say whether we will to allow others to s/e;xu;a;ll*y abuse our children in the name of God without fearing what those who support/condone such abuse because of their religious affiliation think/say/threaten. Anything that cannot stand being examined in the light is darkness!

3 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by ParisLove2(f): 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
seyibrown:

Thanks, manmustwac! Just had to know. Hopefully, Mukina will be kind enough to shed some light at some point in the future on why the thread had to be binned. We should be allowed to freely say whether we will to allow others to s/e;xu;a;ll*y abuse our children in the name of God without fearing what those who support/condone such abuse because of their religious affiliation think/say/threaten. Anything that cannot stand being examined in the light is darkness!
Seconded*
You might as well ask the same question Posed on that thread. undecided undecided
At your own peril that is grin grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 1:37am On Nov 02, 2012
seyibrown:

If i wanted to ban someone the software will not allow me to do it unless i give a reason but if i decide to bin a topic i don't have to give a reason so am afraid mukina is not going to come here and explain she hasn't even been here for a long time now.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 1:58am On Nov 02, 2012
wiegraf:

Soooo, atheists can camp here, to discuss issues related to beliefs or faith in god(s)? Or just about any topic related to god(s)? Just want to verify something for a bro.
Like i said to make sure that both sides of the scales remain equally balanced. Meaning that you atheists will not complain that you're being unfairly treated and persecuted like what Maclatunji is doing in the Islamic section
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by wiegraf: 3:41am On Nov 02, 2012
manmustwac: Like i said to make sure that both sides of the scales remain equally balanced. Meaning that you atheists will not complain that you're being unfairly treated and persecuted like what Maclatunji is doing in the Islamic section
Thanks!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 02, 2012
manmustwac: Like i said to make sure that both sides of the scales remain equally balanced. Meaning that you atheists will not complain that you're being unfairly treated and persecuted like what Maclatunji is doing in the Islamic section

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.