Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah (46864 Views)

Joe Abah: "If You Have Opportunity To Leave Nigeria In Your Youth, Do So" / The Moment Emirates Arrives Abuja International Airport New Terminal (video) / Cows Storm Abuja International Airport, Cause Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah by elvisdaniels(m): 2:29am On Mar 04, 2019
This is how it starts , zero maintenance culture ,�the handheld toilet shower sprayer bracket has fallen of the wall, and it’s yet to be replaced, all they could come up with is to place it on top the tank, we lack maintenance culture , A Nigerian thing of I don’t care altitude.

Re: Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah by ogatboy(m): 7:06am On Mar 04, 2019
Cadec007:
yeah....

Very nice
Re: Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah by objobj: 7:37am On Mar 04, 2019
Recall that Dr Abba was a part of the former gej govt
Re: Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah by mapet: 7:41am On Mar 04, 2019
BigBashiru:
Is there a rail link from airport to town?

I think the Idu Station serves both the local and the international Airport. What I think that we can consider in future is to build underground tunnels or overground connections to Idu.... then we're "standard"
Re: Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah by mapet: 7:43am On Mar 04, 2019
obembet:

God will.never elrufai to rule this nation. He can continue as Governor in kano state.

El-Rufai and Kano?

What do you kids of now-a-days learn in school?
Re: Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah by mapet: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2019
foreshore:

Compare and Contrast

....and what are we to "compare" and "contrast"? Who told you we need an architectural masterpiece when we are yet to get a functional airport. That is how some of you just make needless comparisons and disparage your country. Airports in SA are basic in Aesthetics, yet their services are comparable to Europe and America.
Re: Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah by shogsman(m): 11:44am On Mar 04, 2019
skallion7:
But had it been it was another country's airport, it would've been spectacular?

Well I don't think like that,I don't sugarcoat.
This infrastructure Is basic at best.
Re: Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah by kingsmaila(m): 8:58am On Mar 05, 2019
EvenBlogger:

Shared with caption ...

Good afternoon. I have some good news. The new Abuja International Airport terminal is...mind blowing! As we alighted from the aircraft into the glass tunnel, you know that smell that usually hits you when you land in Nigeria? It wasn’t there. The AC in the tunnel worked. Thread.

It’s real, guys. This is Naija. I had arrived on Ethiopian Airlines with my work colleague, Duke, who is visiting Nigeria for the first time ever. Duke said “Wow! Now this is an airport!” We had come in from the dreadful Addis Ababa Bole Airport.

I just said “Yeah.”I didn’t feel the need to tell Duke it was new...until he asked. Boarding gates were spacious and nicely laid out. Comfortable waiting areas. Very clear signage everywhere. Yep! I checked: The clock displayed the right time. I was proud.

Yep! The automatic thermo-imaging machines work. This young man triggered a red image and was immediately pulled to one side.Toilets were clean and had toilet rolls in them. No pit latrines here unlike Idu Train Terminal. The wash basins were clean. Trust me nau, I tried the automatic soap dispenser. It worked.Immigration was a joyful experience.

I said “Good afternoon” to the pretty immigration officer and she said “Good afternoon, Sir. Welcome back home.” She stamped me in and said “Next!” That was it. The queue for Nigerians moved much faster than that of foreigners. As it should!You take your own trolley. No porters here. I counted 5 conveyor belts. I think they could have spread out each belt a bit more, but it was okay. Our luggage was out exactly 20 minutes after we touched down! That’s disembarking, clearing immigration, trolley & then luggage.

Wow!Then we were stopped by Customs! One stopped me and one stopped my friend Duke and asked what was in our bags. I said “I have brought him to Nigeria for the very first time.” They asked me “Oh, is he with you? I said “Yes.” They said “Ok you can go.”I was a bit miffed that they didn’t say “Welcome to Nigeria” to Duke.

Anyway, this sign made me feel better. That I could see a sign to the Metro from a Nigerian airport? Great! Yes, we should worry about maintenance. For me, I’ll just enjoy it today and be proud! Thanks!! End.

Watch The Full Video Here

From 40NG Media: https://www.40ng.com/featured/abuja-international-airport/

Expect more in the Next Level of Success

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Most Popular Structures In Lagos And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh / SUV Hits Several People At Lekki Phase 1 / Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.