Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport (1719 Views)

Children Were Eating Leftovers During An Event Where Ebonyi Launched An Airport / The Worst Performing Set Of Governors in Nigeria : A Personal Assessment / President Buhari 5 Years In Office: My Personal Assessment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by saints2(f): 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
[img]https://4.bp..com/-BhuQoYSl2lY/XHvg9A7TNeI/AAAAAAAAYog/VNDoGQjEAHIy-DErBKwUOZVAqGc0Kmo6gCLcBGAs/s1600/Abuja_Airport_008_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

If you ask anyone about Nigerian Airport and also the immigration officers in Nigeria, they will have tons of stories to tell! From airports that are not friendly to poor toilet facilities to rude officers who demand money and lack courtesy. Ever since the remodeled Abuja Airport and massive outcry about the immigration behavior at the counter, lots seem to have changed especially the edifice which was recently commissioned by Pres. Buhari and it seems the immigration officers are in check if their excesses now.

Dr. Joe Abah traveled out of the country and he used the Abuja Airport, the first time since it was opened for business and he has this to say!

According to a series of tweets, he commended the management, read his tweets below...

Good afternoon. I have some good news. The new Abuja International Airport terminal is...mind-blowing! As we alighted from the aircraft into the glass tunnel, you know that smell that usually hits you when you land in Nigeria? It wasn’t there. The AC in the tunnel worked. Thread.

It’s real, guys. This is Naija. I had arrived on Ethiopian Airlines with my work colleague, Duke, who is visiting Nigeria for the first time ever. Duke said “Wow! Now this is an airport!” We had come in from the dreadful Addis Ababa Bole Airport. I just said “Yeah.”

I didn’t feel the need to tell Duke it was new...until he asked. Boarding gates were spacious and nicely laid out. Comfortable waiting areas. Very clear signage everywhere. Yep! I checked: The clock displayed the right time. I was proud.

Yep! The automatic thermo-imaging machines work. This young man triggered a red image and was immediately pulled to one side.

Toilets were clean and had toilet rolls in them. No pit latrines here unlike Idu Train Terminal. The wash basins were clean. Trust me nau, I tried the automatic soap dispenser. It worked.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-nqV3Pvxzcxc/XHvg9Jvl6-I/AAAAAAAAYoc/WYF2Uj3wrLsAH579umlN3fcohpJQt9MswCLcBGAs/s1600/Abuja_Airport_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Immigration was a joyful experience. I said “Good afternoon” to the pretty immigration officer and she said “Good afternoon, Sir. Welcome back home.” She stamped me in and said “Next!” That was it. The queue for Nigerians moved much faster than that of foreigners. As it should!

You take your own trolley. No porters here. I counted 5 conveyor belts. I think they could have spread out each belt a bit more, but it was okay. Our luggage was out exactly 20 minutes after we touched down! That’s disembarking, clearing immigration, trolley & then luggage. Wow!

Apart from my baby boyhood and my Ezemmuo-ness? No o. Nothing to declare.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-RepeRSCM3Sw/XHvhEDXitaI/AAAAAAAAYos/XMx4QoqSCKMS01gcrKriRm89Q0pe7DpiwCLcBGAs/s1600/Abuja_Airport_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Then we were stopped by Customs! One stopped me and one stopped my friend Duke and asked what was in our bags. I said “I have brought him to Nigeria for the very first time.” They asked me “Oh, is he with you? I said “Yes.” They said “Ok you can go.”

I was a bit miffed that they didn’t say “Welcome to Nigeria” to Duke. Anyway, this sign made me feel better. That I could see a sign to the Metro from a Nigerian airport? Great! Yes, we should worry about maintenance. For me, I’ll just enjoy it today and be proud! Thanks!!

What's your take?

[img]https://3.bp..com/-PXQ2JLn8sk0/XHvhHYxBzyI/AAAAAAAAYo0/alUdZZ6Ngi8klVUcMTggR_uZXcHq47UfACLcBGAs/s1600/Abuja_Airport_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-183Ne2IXZ0Q/XHvhKLxMIvI/AAAAAAAAYo4/14NURNvz7esF0cbuguWHZVKAMKCa82E4wCLcBGAs/s1600/Abuja_Airport_014_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-D5r8iZWa45s/XHvhMwK6dWI/AAAAAAAAYo8/uTRZ61hAU7gOxFpqMwOjhR-7sTOriB5dACLcBGAs/s1600/Abuja_Airport_015_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Credit: Dr. Joe Abah

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/now-this-is-airport-read-personal.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique

1 Like

Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by saints2(f): 3:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
Whats your take?
Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by Afamed: 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
We will get there
Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by seunmsg(m): 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
I just hope we can maintain the facility.

2 Likes

Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by TIGRITIS: 3:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
I have nothing to say other than;

May God bless pmb/pyo
May God bless Rotimi Ameachi
May God bless patriotic Nigerians.

Pyo/elrufai, when you take over in 2023, pls ensure this good work continues.

I still wonder why a human being with human brain will thumb print for pdp, God forbid.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by klever18(m): 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2019
hmm just give it one year
Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by otokx(m): 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2019
Nice one
Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by theenchanter: 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
Bole airport in Addis is not dreadful.... its also a new airport n one of d largest in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by Daviddson(m): 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
theenchanter:
Bole airport in Addis is not dreadful.... its also a new airport n one of d largest in Africa.
By 'dreadful', he meant 'it was intimidating and great.'
Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by theenchanter: 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
Daviddson:
By 'dreadful', he meant 'it was intimidating and great.'
alright.
Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by seanfer(m): 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
Part of the 4 years achievements of this Administration... We will surely get there.

1 Like

Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by cola: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
A government made this a reality. And only in three years, not 16, not 12, not 8, not even 4 years!

Similar positive appraisal has been written of the Port Harcourt international.

Now Enugu and Kano should follow suit.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by jidxin(m): 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
cola:
A government made this a reality. And only in three years, not 16, not 12, not 8, not even 4 years!

Similar positive appraisal has been written of the Port Harcourt international.

Now Enugu and Kano should follow suit.

Kudos.

Oga get your fact right, this things started during Jonathan's administration even with the one in lagos. I did my NYSC with FAAN nd i still visit. So pls you are wrong
Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by omanzo02: 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2019
Within few months it will dirty and messy with our usual lack of maintenance culture.
Re: Now This Is An Airport!, Read A Personal Assessment Of The New Abuja Airport by 9jaArea: 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
Next Level

(1) (Reply)

Imagine If This Happened In Nigeria. Please Watch / CoronaVirus: See How Ondo Isolation Centre Look Like, It's 20 Beds Centre. VIDEO / Tyrant Oshiomhole Bares Fangs, To Announce Obaseki’s Disqualification From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.