Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. (2243 Views)

My Ex- Girlfriend Harbours Bitterness Towards Me. / She Broke Up Because Of Jealousy And Insecurity. / WHY SO MUCH HATE AND BITTERNESS IN HERE. WHY? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by Martinez39(m): 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2019
Are you studying medicine? Is your first class degree giving you a good job? Are you doing very well in your class? Congratulations, a lot of people envy you and are jealous of you. Secretly, your downfall or struggle delights them a little even though on the outside they may sympathise with you. It all boils down to the basic human nature, a nature that wants others to be doing well and better but not better than you. People feel bad when they get a D but brighten up when their friends/mates get D's or lower grades. If the person's friends had gotten A's, the sadness would have worsened. grin

It is always true that people envy very brilliant and intelligent students and the envy is pronounced if it clear that they are certainly going to immensely benefit from it financially in the future. Many people hate and degrade the good things they can't have so as to feel better. Many 3rd class wish that they got a First class but they console themselves by thinking and saying "even the guys that had first class in my set hasn't gotten a job for years, who book epp?", "you don't need school to make it?" (this is true but it's still an effort to downplay the achievement of the bright student). Internal disaster, discomfort and envy starts when they receive the news "Bankole, who got a first class in your set, has landed a 150k job per month", a bitterness and envy then preceed the "I am happy for him" lie grin.

If you are medical student, the academic "losers" or "unfortunates" would take pleasure and comfort in hammering the idea that doctors are not well paid in Nigeria or that medicine is overrated. They get so caught up in discussing doctors' salaries grin and feel better when they hear an amount that isn't worth much to them. SMH. If everything fails, they try to attack the professionals and label them "arrogant", "proud" etc. Just tell them that doctors are really suffering and are paid peanuts and they would feel better. In fact, as a medical student, you wouldn't know all those that would be happy to hear that you've failed medical school. You induction would pepper them and travelling and succeeding abroad would shatter them. grin

So please, be more careful when you are doing well academically. I am not saying all are like. We all have this nature but the good ones among us don't let it rule them.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by MrJavaS: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
Let me spill something's.

The human animal has a hard time dealing with feelings of inferiority. In the face of superior skill, talent or power, we are often disturbed and ill at ease. This is because most of us have an inflated sense of ourselves. And when we meet people who surpass us they make it clear to us that we are infact mediocre, or at least not as brilliant as we had thought.

This disturbance in our self image does not last long without stirring up ugly emotions. At first we feel envy, but envy brings us neither comfort nor any closer to equality. Nor can we admit to feeling it for it is frowned upon socially. To our closest friends we may confess our secret unrealized desires. But we would never confess to feeling envy.

So it goes underground. We disguise it in many ways, like finding grounds to criticize the person who makes us feel it.

Lalalasticla is this not FP worthy?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by mosdii(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
Nice inspiration.
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by NoHoper: 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2020
I envy footballers that are paid truck loads of money for essentially doing a job that keeps them fit. They get to retire early, and live out the rest of their lives in luxury. Not some medical or first class student that will have to do a white collar job they will eventually hate for the rest of their lives, putting up with difficult colleagues and bosses.

You have no idea.
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by RedPanthar: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2020
MrJavaS:
Let me spill something's.

The human animal has a hard time dealing with feelings of inferiority. In the face of superior skill, talent or power, we are often disturbed and ill at ease. This is because most of us have an inflated sense of ourselves. And when we meet people who surpass us they make it clear to us that we are infact mediocre, or at least not as brilliant as we had thought.

This disturbance in our self image does not last long without stirring up ugly emotions. At first we feel envy, but envy brings us neither comfort nor any closer to equality. Nor can we admit to feeling it for it is frowned upon socially. To our closest friends we may confess our secret unrealized desires. But we would never confess to feeling envy.

So it goes underground. We disguise it in many ways, like finding grounds to criticize the person who makes us feel it.

Lalalasticla is this not FP worthy?

Well spoken. Until they start plotting to kill such persons

2 Likes

Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by MrJavaS: 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2020
RedPanthar:

Well spoken. Until they start plotting to kill such persons

Plotting to kill?
Nah I don't think it ever reaches that level.

cc: mynd44
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by 777romanon: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
front page please, it's been awhile I saw undiluted truth.
the hatred isn't for student alone, in a very poor country as ours it's for successful people in general.
I had to cut out from some people because of this, they talk down on others just to make themselves feel good embarassed
first class- nor mind am he don block
young and rich- prustitute or fraud
successful business men- na coded ritualist.... the list goes on .
if you notice this bitter spirit in your squad, run for your life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by RedPanthar: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
MrJavaS:

Plotting to kill?

If I told you my life story.

Smh. Atleast faxed death 10 times because some school mates

It is well
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by MrJavaS: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2020
RedPanthar:

If I told you my life story.

Smh. Atleast faxed death 10 times because some school mates

It is well

Just because a student has a higher CGPA doesn't mean he's gonna be more successful than you. I don't know why some students are so full of envy
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by ReluctantAdult(m): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2020
That's the reason we live life on the low. Unpredictable as fvck! grin

Bad belle is real. Schadenfreude everywhere. SMH
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by tobechi74: 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
Martinez39:
Are you studying medicine? Is your first class degree giving you a good job? Are you doing very well in your class? Congratulations, a lot of people envy you and are jealous of you. Secretly, your downfall or struggle delights them a little even though on the outside they may sympathise with you. It all boils down to the basic human nature, a nature that wants others to be doing well and better but not better than you. People feel bad when they get a D but brighten up when their friends/mates get D's or lower grades. If the person's friends had gotten A's, the sadness would have worsened. grin

It is always true that people envy very brilliant and intelligent students and the envy is pronounced if it clear that they are certainly going to immensely benefit from it financially in the future. Many people hate and degrade the good things they can't have so as to feel better. Many 3rd class wish that they got a First class but they console themselves by thinking and saying "even the guys that had first class in my set hasn't gotten a job for years, who book epp?", "you don't need school to make it?" (this is true but it's still an effort to downplay the achievement of the bright student). Internal disaster, discomfort and envy starts when they receive the news "Bankole, who got a first class in your set, has landed a 150k job per month", a bitterness and envy then preceed the "I am happy for him" lie grin.

If you are medical student, the academic "losers" or "unfortunates" would take pleasure and comfort in hammering the idea that doctors are not well paid in Nigeria or that medicine is overrated. They get so caught up in discussing doctors' salaries grin and feel better when they hear an amount that isn't worth much to them. SMH. If everything fails, they try to attack the professionals and label them "arrogant", "proud" etc. Just tell them that doctors are really suffering and are paid peanuts and they would feel better. In fact, as a medical student, you wouldn't know all those that would be happy to hear that you've failed medical school. You induction would pepper them and travelling and succeeding abroad would shatter them. grin

So please, be more careful when you are doing well academically. I am not saying all are like. We all have this nature but the good ones among us don't let it rule them.

Medical students hate themselves.always competing to reach the quota

1 Like

Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by tobechi74: 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2020
It is called envy
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by lincsnuel: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
This is the simple reason why the wealthy conglomerate... They live amongst themselves, marry one another etc. They try not to associate much with the poor and miserable because as they say, misery loves company. Associate with the miserable or envious person and he would want to drag you down to his level or even below... Worse come to worst, he could go as far as killing you.

When you reach certain level of success in life, it generates attention and this attention results in positive and negative vices.

Envy is a natural human phenomenon... We all experience differing degrees of envy, depending on the situation.

Yesterday, a friend I introduced to graphics design told me he made hundreds of thousands of naira through design during this covid-19 lockdown... Boy, I felt envious... I mean, it could have been me... I was waaaayyy better than this guy in design back then but he devoted passion and his money towards graphics and now he's a freelancer on Fiverr, making tons of cool cash.

One needs to study the 48 laws of power to understand how best to handle such scenarios.

1 Like

Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by Drsnives(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
My roommate nearly killed me cos I had a c and he had D in the same course.. Since that day I leave the house for am. He's from the east, that part weh them dea regard as Judas among the Eastern States. Your guess is good as mine, very wicked set of people
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by Localemperor: 10:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by Localemperor: 10:40pm On Dec 19, 2020
When you are reading, they are busy partying or sleeping, when you are doing your assignment, that's when they would remember that they also have an assignment to do. Its took you the whole semester to prepare for an exam but it took them just 2 days to prepare for the same exam and they except to get the same grade as you.

They kept on calling your name in the examination hall not withstanding the risks of getting caught, of cause they don't care if they get caught ( self destruction )as long as you are implicated. And when you refuse to answer them in the hall, they will guilt trip you by saying " You wan carry first for University" ?. The same people will not ask questions before the exam but choose to ask during exam.

And they have your reg no and calculate your GP without your knowledge. I understands that grade does not determine how successful one becomes but its definitely open doors for you. Everybody would have to choose their pathway in life some day. Quite the Envy, choose your path and watch how things become easy without competition and envy.

4 Likes

Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2020
Are you a successful student, first class or a doctor?
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by LagBlogger(m): 10:38am On Apr 21, 2021
MrJavaS:

Plotting to kill?

What did Cain do to Abel?
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by Degrezhaa: 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
This thread is very insightful.
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by thatsleepboy1: 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
I'm sincerely confused.
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by Bodyodour: 7:46am On Apr 22, 2021
First time I am seeing a thread not about your hate for women.

You are right,humans are programmed to be jealous but it depends how you channel your jealousy.
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by Legendarytonyy: 8:02am On Apr 22, 2021
Lalasticlala this is front page worthy
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by Lilpen3758: 8:19am On Apr 22, 2021
Well am just an ordinary student people just look down at me in class and i get mocked at a lot like people derive joy from mocking me some do it directly to my face others do it indirectly.......it kinda hurts tho am like a loner in my department

1 Like

Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by NiRfreak(m): 9:25am On Apr 22, 2021
You are right.
Its same reason I've stopped posting anything about my academics, job, wins, money or plans on social media..even Whatsapp for years now
Nairaland is the only place I post stuff cos it's faceless. Black men are too evil honestly

2 Likes

Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by MrJavaS: 4:38am On Apr 23, 2021
777romanon:
front page please, it's been awhile I saw undiluted truth.
the hatred isn't for student alone, in a very poor country as ours it's for successful people in general.
I had to cut out from some people because of this, they talk down on others just to make themselves feel good embarassed
first class- nor mind am he don block
young and rich- prustitute or fraud
successful business men- na coded ritualist.... the list goes on .
if you notice this bitter spirit in your squad, run for your life

Very true. In the 48 laws of power Joe Orton was murdered by Kenneth halliwell
Re: Jealousy And Bitterness Towards Successful Students. by MrJavaS: 4:46am On Apr 23, 2021
lincsnuel:
This is the simple reason why the wealthy conglomerate... They live amongst themselves, marry one another etc. They try not to associate much with the poor and miserable because as they say, misery loves company. Associate with the miserable or envious person and he would want to drag you down to his level or even below... Worse come to worst, he could go as far as killing you.

When you reach certain level of success in life, it generates attention and this attention results in positive and negative vices.

Envy is a natural human phenomenon... We all experience differing degrees of envy, depending on the situation.

Yesterday, a friend I introduced to graphics design told me he made hundreds of thousands of naira through design during this covid-19 lockdown... Boy, I felt envious... I mean, it could have been me... I was waaaayyy better than this guy in design back then but he devoted passion and his money towards graphics and now he's a freelancer on Fiverr, making tons of cool cash.

One needs to study the 48 laws of power to understand how best to handle such scenarios.

Exactly, that book opened my eyes

(1) (Reply)

10 Shameful Things Guys Do When They Mistakenly Impregnate Their Girlfriends / Mad Oo!! Nigerian Man "Kisses" & "Proposes" To His “$ẹ̀x Doll” (photos) / Should A Man Take Permission From His Wife Before Sending His Parents Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.