Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,383 members, 7,836,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl (45830 Views)

Black Snake Attacks Laborer, Spits Venom Into His Eyes (Photos) / I Was Making Call In Front Of This Black Snake / Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by Cfray500: 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
It's black Muamba
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by stevearagorn(m): 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
It's named black cobra # ofcours
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by holaoni(m): 11:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
It's called agbadu in yoruba....... The thing dey sweet ���
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by deltateam: 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2019
Black mamba shocked
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by deltateam: 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
Gozieekenkwo:

I think so, because he raised his head and it became wide like he wanted to spit, my dad used long stick to killed it, because the snake was fighting back...

Short stick would have been preferable. smiley
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by IjebuWarrior: 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
Seun:
It could be some kind of cobra since it raised its head. A close picture of the head will probably help with the identification.

All snakes raise their heads to strike and in self defense but Cobra heads flattens into a hood to appear bigger and scarier to their opponents.

2 Likes

Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by deltateam: 11:35pm On Mar 03, 2019
Simplep:
Is it weird?..i love watching snakes,i mean whenever i come across any snake,i just stand and watch it go,i make sure its out of my sight before i continue with whatever i am doing, i do not kill it or run from it,i jst love watching them

Are you possessed.
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by elonize(m): 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
Bossontop:
undecided
Na wa for today ooo.....snake thread everywhere for front page........lalasticlala be like...."God do am today"
abi d tin tire me o
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by elonize(m): 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
stanliwise:
Food don come. DJ abeg no disappoint lala.
please what is lala
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by Marius26(m): 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Gozieekenkwo:
I was about going to the toilet before my dad screamed my name that I should come fast, I ran with full speed, only to see my dad fighting with a very big black SNAKE, the snake came inside my dad fowl cage, the snake was fighting back by raising his head, I was just showing my dad light, he killed it after 5 minutes of fighting, but the snake killed one of my dad fowl... But i still thank God that they wasn't much damage...

Please what's the name of the snake??
That's king cobra
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by sobastical: 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hello chief

I have been banned from Travel session for about a year now by justwise, Please and please I am really for whatever I did wrong but I really need to get back on that session. I will be more grateful if you can facilitate the lifting of the ban and I promise to abide by the rules and polices guiding the forum. Thanks

Hope to see the effect of this mail soon

Seun:
It could be some kind of cobra since it raised its head. A close picture of the head will probably help with the identification.
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by bluefilm: 12:07am On Mar 04, 2019
Gozieekenkwo:
I was about going to the toilet before my dad screamed my name that I should come fast, I ran with full speed, only to see my dad fighting with a very big black SNAKE, the snake came inside my dad fowl cage, the snake was fighting back by raising his head, I was just showing my dad light, he killed it after 5 minutes of fighting, but the snake killed one of my dad fowl... But i still thank God that they wasn't much damage...

The name of the snake is Saraki.
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by Judybash93(m): 12:35am On Mar 04, 2019
yemifez:
the name is black mamba

I don't think so. A black mamba is really black. The name black mamba was given to it due to the colouration of tissue in the mouth and not the skin. This is not a black mamba but I'm still trying to figure out the type though. Black mambas see mostly greyish in colour. We've got the green one too but black...nahhh

Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by lindq: 12:40am On Mar 04, 2019
MajorJeffery:
That's a king cobra, your dad was lucky and brave.

King Cobra no dey chop fowl o bros.

That's a cobra. Very common in Nigeria

yemifez:
the name is black mamba

There are no black mambas in Nigeria. Black mambas are usually brown or silver coloured but have black tissues inside their mouths.
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by ChiefSweetus: 12:45am On Mar 04, 2019
Gozieekenkwo:

Which kain pervert snake be dis wey dey cùm inside chicken cage. Na fùcc e fùcc abi na masturrrbate? undecided
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by Judybash93(m): 12:49am On Mar 04, 2019
Simplep:
Is it weird?..i love watching snakes,i mean whenever i come across any snake,i just stand and watch it go,i make sure its out of my sight before i continue with whatever i am doing, i do not kill it or run from it,i jst love watching them

You aren't weird. Snakes are beautiful creatures, the texture of their skin, their various colours and amazing heat detection makes them one of the most interesting creatures that one can take time to study or observe. You aren't weird. You're just a lover of nature.
Btw, this is a picture of a beautiful snake in our local zoo

Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 04, 2019
That fowl no be beta breed. I remember watching a fowl killing a snake that attacked .
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by Oricha79(m): 3:37am On Mar 04, 2019
Ejo aye
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by DANO1011(m): 7:31am On Mar 04, 2019
Naso mummy water dey start oo
Simplep:
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by CyberWolf: 7:58am On Mar 04, 2019
albaniy1:
LOOCKING AT ITS HEAD; this is not cobra this is called BLACK MAMBA IT CAN RISE 3/4 OF ITS TOTAL HIGHT ITS MOR DANGEROUS THAN COBRA
Black mamba does not have a black and yellow stripe under its head. This is definitely a cobra.
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by RotiKing(m): 8:19am On Mar 04, 2019
That's a black mamba
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by harryjunior17(m): 8:40am On Mar 04, 2019
Gozieekenkwo:

I think so, because he raised his head and it became wide like he wanted to spit, my dad used long stick to killed it, because the snake was fighting back...
african cobras (forest cobras) dont spit their venom . it's only the king cobra that spits it's venom.. and the king cobra is only found in Asia..
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by harryjunior17(m): 8:43am On Mar 04, 2019
MajorJeffery:
That's a king cobra, your dad was lucky and brave.
never a king cobra bro.. king cobras are endemic to the asian continent.. that's a forest cobra.. a type of African cobra species..
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by Vado(m): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2019
A Cobra. I think a boy becomes a man when he can successfully kill a snake. I'm still a boy. cry
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by spacyzuma(m): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
soberdrunk:
So someone's grandmother cannot just come to your compound and borrow one chicken? angry

This is the funniest thing I've read on the internet today!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by odimbannamdi(m): 10:49pm On Mar 04, 2019
lala too like snake
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by Timisamd(m): 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
lalasticlala:
It's really long o.
lala ... grin
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by letusbepieces: 11:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
Re: A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl by hausadreturn(m): 3:28am On Mar 10, 2019
Black-neck spitting cobra.

Young one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism / Villagers In Thailand Rescue Elephant Trapped In The River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.