Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! (2791 Views)

No Allowance For Officials On Foreign Medical Treatment – FG / Crazy Desire For Foreign Medical Treatment By Nigerian Political Leaders / Meltdown: Fashola Bans Foreign Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by wales(m): 6:20am On Aug 31, 2010
Johnson A, Ifako Ijaiye, Lagos State: The money expended on medical treatment is alarmingly exorbitant and criminal. And it is unthinkable that the same government that is squandering the nation‘s resources unjustifiably on such a venture will have the moral authority to talk about fuel subsidy removal.

Before fuel subsidy removal, let us remove foreign medical treatment abroad. Fuel subsidy is not in the public interest, no doubt as it is an element of patronage. The nation will not be talking about subsidy if the petroleum sector is privatized. But the FG must show example by being prudent. If less than 10 per cent of the Nigerian population can spend N450bn on foreign medical treatment annually, the same government has lost the moral authority to be angry at fuel subsidy of N1.942tn in 4 years 6 months to over 140 million Nigerians.

Let the FG stop foreign trips, block all leakages and prevail on the National Assembly and the states to cut down on their flamboyant style. It is then that Nigerians will know that the Federal Government is serious about financial propriety.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201008311524726
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by wales(m): 6:21am On Aug 31, 2010
SOMEBODY SHOULD DRUM IT INTO THEIR THICK SKOLL THAT THE OVERSEAS HOSPITAL WAS ACHIEVED BY PEOPLE WITH VISION AND PRUDENT MANAGEMENT OF RESOUCES. MOST EX GOVERNORS ARE TODAY RICHER THAN THEIR STATE. NIGERIA IS ONE OF THE COUNTRIES WHERE YOU STEAL MONEY AND MOCK THE PEOPLE WITH THEIR MONEY THAT YOU STOLE. THE PEOPLE RATHER THAN ASK QUESTIONS WILL TURN AROUND AND BEGIN TO WORSHIP THE PEOPLE THAT TOOK AWAY THEIR FUTURE.
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by hassymo5(m): 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2010
wales:

SOMEBODY SHOULD DRUM IT INTO THEIR THICK SKOLL THAT THE OVERSEAS HOSPITAL WAS ACHIEVED BY PEOPLE WITH VISION AND PRUDENT MANAGEMENT OF RESOUCES. MOST EX GOVERNORS ARE TODAY RICHER THAN THEIR STATE. NIGERIA IS ONE OF THE COUNTRIES WHERE YOU STEAL MONEY AND MOCK THE PEOPLE WITH THEIR MONEY THAT YOU STOLE. THE PEOPLE RATHER THAN ASK QUESTIONS WILL TURN AROUND AND BEGIN TO WORSHIP THE PEOPLE THAT TOOK AWAY THEIR FUTURE.

POVERTY MY BRODA,PPLE ARE LOOKING FOR WHAT TO EAT
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by Dantala48: 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2010
That means,u want all d 'BIG' men to have short live span in dis country.
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by Feraz(m): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2010
Dantala 48:

That means,u want all d 'BIG' men to have short live span in dis country.
they won't. they will be forced to upgrade the pathetic conditions of the hospital grin
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by mysisi(f): 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2010
These people should first make sure that all necessary medical facilities and equipments are put in place first o. It is these same law makers that will sneak out of the country at night to go get extensive health check that are making these big noises. They will only succeed in punishing the poor people. Dont tell me if bankole or any other money thieving politician falls sick they wont sneak out of Nigeria to get better treatment? Ok they will take visa for vacation instead of health reasons in their visa application.
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by moxamet(m): 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2010
These Medical treatment Escapades that our elites are so accustomed to nowadays, is a very serious matter oh! Infact, it was this recent Yar'adua - Saudi Arabia incident that highlighted how critical the situation has become. At home our resident doctors are frustrated by government's seemingly negligent attitude to their working conditions, which comes as no surprise because, the millions $$$ that are pocketed by these same leaders, guarantees them and their families, so to speak, an 'easy' way out from the mess that they themselves are perpetuating. I am a med student, resident in europe, but i've worked in a few nigerian hospitals, and honestly, these guys are trying with the little that is at their disposal. Nigerian doctors working abroad are generally considered to be among the best, it is a shame that government has still failed to bring about positive changes that may attract us back, or even prevent the bright ones at home from leaving to places with better working conditions.
I heard  that a former Nigerian governor from the south owns a multi million-dollar, ultra-modern hospital in South Africa, what is the meaning of that!
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by JUO(m): 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2010
will it ever work?
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by Ikengawo: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2010
The Nigerian government needs a machine to handle its spending

i think government officials sending their kids to schools oversees is a national security threat and keeping our schools underdeveloped and more so in the case of foreign hospital trips especially if you see the hospital bills in those countries they're going.
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by kobikwelu(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2010
for now , i would be a thomas

till it happens

***********moves on************
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by hamsky: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2010
grin this is crap, even the minister of health doesn't trust the medical system in Nigeria instead he sends his family to India for medical treatments.
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by suedoh2006(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2010
This is what we have been saying, even the Govt doesn't have faith in Nigeria, they can't spend the money they steal to improve the economy, provide jobs for the unemployed. So who is going to fix the mess?
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by oge4real(f): 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2010
How possible will that be? They are too scared to even try that. what will happpen to all the billions they get to spend on every of such foreign medical trips?
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by Dreamchaser1(f): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2010
grin. nice one, would begin to happen in like emmmmmmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed cry undecided
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by chosen04(f): 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2010
. . . . . .The last time i checked it was constitutional for these guys to enjoy foreign medical treatment.

Thus, Its their right!
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by kcjazz(m): 3:08am On Sep 01, 2010
Democracy means freedom, people have a right to be treated anywhere, I rather see this as an opportunity

One of my dreams is to run a hospital that will deliver quality healthcare. I don't care about the rich people who can afford quality abroad it is the poor who cannot that borders me. So help me God!
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by otokx(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2010
true talk
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by bignaija(m): 11:20am On Sep 01, 2010
YES THEY SHOULD USE THE STOLEN BILLIONS TO BUILD A WORLD CLASS TREATMENT FACILITY
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by GBT(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2010
SOMEBODY SHOULD DRUM IT INTO THEIR THICK SKOLL

My brother but that na if the shell called skull get space,crack or even get outlet before sound or message go fit enter!
osi nonsense hissssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by Ajike: 11:32am On Sep 01, 2010
But come to think of it, we can take this topic to Jonatha on his facebook page. abeg poster redirect this to Jonatha's page. Any of them who cannot stand Nigeria hospitals can do so on his/her own pocket and let c if they will spend up to N450bn annually. awon alai ni ronu, ara Galathia
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by Johnnny(m): 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2010
Ajike:

But come to think of it, we can take this topic to Jonatha on his facebook page. abeg poster redirect this to Jonatha's page. Any of them who cannot stand Nigeria hospitals can do so on his/her own pocket and let c if they will spend up to N450bn annually. awon alai ni ronu, ara Galathia

I think the bolded should be "Awon Alai ni ronu, ara Naijiria".
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by Ecash1: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2010
If only this is true,it may help but this is not a standard solution.Other civilized nations of the world has not pull such stunts. grin
Re: Fg, Scrap Foreign Medical Treatment ! by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Nov 10, 2010
It seems there exists a trend to bring up this issue most every other quarter in that country. I remember Discussing this same back in 2007, at least twice in 2008 and 2009. And now this is most the third time this has been brought up this year alone. Is the Government ever actually going to do anything about this at any level?

(1) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: The Prophet Who (fore)saw Independence Bomb Blast. / Soyinka, Tejuosho,and Ogunde's Sons Make Ogun Commissioners' List / Lagos, 6 Other States Control 90% Of Cash Transactions In Nigeria – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.