Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court (21340 Views)

We Are Not Fools; Why Didn’t You Challenge Buhari These Years? – Wike To Atiku / M.K.O. Tibetan: Buhari Victory To Shock PDP & APC Will Rule Nigeria For 40 Years / Lere Olayinka: Fayose Has Thrown A Challenge… Buhari’s Men Should Follow Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by japjondo: 9:55am On Mar 05, 2019
#Atikulate=Atigrumble!
#Atigointocourt=Ati
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by wolfnigga: 9:56am On Mar 05, 2019
Nigeria will be ok
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by nwanyionitsha: 9:56am On Mar 05, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Why Buhari did not win against election of Yaradua, despite admittance of flaws in the electoral victory of the latter?
This is part of Dubai strategy for Atiku to be re nominated for 2023 presidency without much ado in primary.
Pdp will have to make a decision about their nominations in 2023. We are in 2019.
Atiku is spending his money going to court and he is going to 'lose' so why the pressure on him not to go to court?
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by sinaj(f): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2019
Flyingngel:
Why is Atiku challenging this mandate in court such a disturb move to APC? May be they knw what we don't.
Exactly
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by eagleeye2: 9:57am On Mar 05, 2019
Babzrockman:
Inasmuch Baba Buhari challenged his previous presidential contests With Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan, Atiku should be allowed na..

I don't know why people are saying he shouldn't challenge the outcome of the election... Na una money?

Although, he might not win in court but he would be satisfied
Exactly. Let the man go to court. If he loses, he will be satisfied that he tried.
Abet make them free Atiku.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by nwanyionitsha: 9:58am On Mar 05, 2019
SillyMods:

I suspect Atiku is behind all this shenanigans.

grin
Why and how? Including emirs, sultan, babagida, pastors, other contestants and this one

http://dailypost.ng/2019/03/05/buhari-vs-atiku-dont-go-court-leave-everything-god-arewa-forum-begs-ex-vp/
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by mybestlove(m): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2019
If they are sure Buhari won why do you worry themselves begginging Atiku.

Atiku must go to court, we cannot continue accepting shit in this country.

Buhari and APC stole his mandate
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 05, 2019
simplyhonest:
if there is nothing to be afraid of about the conduct of the elections, then let the honorable gentleman exercise his rights in a court of law...

Though i do not care about politics and politicians. I still remember MKO affair.
When death is about to kill a dog, it will not allow it to perceive stench of decayed feces.

1 Like

Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by AllenSpencer: 10:00am On Mar 05, 2019
lexy2014:

So u mean d judiciary is in d pocket of FGN?

Are you a Nigerian? Let me know and I will enlighten you how it goes on here.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by Mcy56(f): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2019
I expect Atiku to respect himself now that he's been treated as 'king' and getting pity.
It's glaring that all those telling him not to go to court knew he would lose and still waste money in the process.
Anyway, lawyers should not be left out in the national cake he's sharing too. Afterall, the money belong to Nigerians. grin

1 Like

Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by focus7: 10:01am On Mar 05, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
It looks like you are more worried about Atiku's 'humiliation ' than Atiku himself

But you sounded more pained than Atiku himself.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by nwanyionitsha: 10:01am On Mar 05, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Are you a Nigerian? So you believe Atiku can win in court? grin grin grin

Okay! I will donate for Atiku too to go to court.

This is Nigeria and not Europe. If it might interest you, if you dont know, The judiciary is in the pocket of the FGN
The question is why is he being pressured not to go to court?
I agree he would 'lose'. Allow him to go to court and lose. At least he will be satisfied and justified.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by lexy2014: 10:03am On Mar 05, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Are you a Nigerian? Let me know and I will enlighten you how it goes on here.

I am a Nigerian. Pls enlighten me on how it goes. Am curious
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 10:06am On Mar 05, 2019
I think he has a right to approach the court if he feels like, no body should be worried about that na or is there more to it?
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by mexzony: 10:06am On Mar 05, 2019
This is what I don't like. The man has the right to do so and if he wants to then let him. All this lobbying is so annoying.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 05, 2019
“We have advised the government to be magnanimous in victory. I believe that will be done. We have urged them that irrespective of political party or religion or tribe, the government should pick the best brains across the land and those who can contribute to the development of the country across the nation.”

This one's are looking for appointment.Magnanimous Ko,magnanimous ni.Una want to chop where you no sow.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by desiredhome: 10:07am On Mar 05, 2019
pafod:
buhari is afraid of the court. bribing people to beg atiku for him.

Atiku must go to court, no body is begging him not to exercise his right in court. The thing is when you know the end of a thing from the beginning means Atiku just want to waste the remaining of our money on lawyers that are deceiving him.
When Buhari went to court in his time what was the verdict?
Do the PDP mean that they did not rig the elections in the areas they won? This is Nigeria
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by poshbrave(m): 10:07am On Mar 05, 2019
Okwyla:
The Forum of Presidential Candidates and Political Parties for Good Governance, has appealed to the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, not to challenge the outcome of the recent presidential election in court.

The forum made up of chairmen and candidates of 36 political parties, who contested the election with the winner, President Muhammadu Buhari, specifically urged Atiku to disregard the advice of those asking him to challenge the outcome of the poll in court.

In a statement read on behalf of his colleagues at a press conference in Abuja yesterday, the chairman of the forum, Mr. Shittu Kabir, said the group had started a robust discussion with Buhari and the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) with a view to being magnanimous in victory by setting up a government of national unity.

Kabir said, “We have advised the government to be magnanimous in victory. I believe that will be done. We have urged them that irrespective of political party or religion or tribe, the government should pick the best brains across the land and those who can contribute to the development of the country across the nation.”

He noted that Atiku, who has already set up a formidable team of legal experts for the judicial battle ahead, has the right to approach the court but added that he should forget the litigation option in the interest of peace.

He said, “We strongly urge Alhaji Abubakar to drop the legal option in expressing his grievances. This is consistent with the counsel of many well-meaning Nigerians including Chief Olisa Agbakoba.

“We also believe that the former vice president has made a mark among Nigerians of means who have positively impacted their communities. We think he has a lot more to contribute to developing humanity and promoting peace and progress in our nation, even without holding any political office.

“At his age, he should now avoid any action and utterances capable of fanning the embers of discord, disagreement and violent conduct. Nigeria is greater than any personal or class interest.

“Atiku has his right and nobody can infringe on his right. That is why we have not said he cannot go to court but we are saying he should not go to court.

“Instead of wasting that time and maybe draw our developmental stride backwards, let us give our nation time for development and let the government be focused on providing good governance.

“We need to get the country out of the wood and address national issues instead of diverting the attention of the government by going to
court.”

It also said part of their task would be to convince the President to sign the Electoral Bill into law with a view to preventing the irregularities, rigging and violence that usually characterised elections in the country.

He said, “If that bill as approved by the National Assembly had been assented by the president, all the litigations and crimes that we are having would been taken care of.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/36-presidential-candidates-beg-atiku.html
all dis presidential aspirant who contested solely to beg for appointments are saying magnanimous in victory, and advicing d other not to go to court, chai d hussle is indeed real every man for his stomach.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by asawanathegreat(m): 10:08am On Mar 05, 2019
Take heart Atiku
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 05, 2019
aliyuthayo:
They don't want him wasting his money, I guess.
I doubt that
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by pek(m): 10:13am On Mar 05, 2019
jchioma:
Same Buhari that could not imitate Gej in conducting a free and fair election now wants Atiku to imitate GEJ and concede defeat.

Those asking if Atiku has called Buhari. Please, tell me, did Buhari ever call those that won him in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections?
*defeated* not won
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by odeligboikwo: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2019
May be most of the 36 parties worked for APC and they are afraid if the are seen in the body camera they will be ashamed of their actions when presented in court. I stand with those who are in support of him going to court
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by truthstands20: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2019
This clearly shows that Atiku won this election even with a wide margin. Did Buhari not go to court in 2003, 2007 and 2011? They all know that its a stolen mandate. History with be made in Nigeria as I'm 100% sure Atiku will regain our stolen mandate in court. If they are clean, if they conducted free, fair and credible election, why are they all pressing Atiku not to go to court? Something is seriously fishy. Atiku, we are 100% behind you. Nigerians are absolutely behind you. Pls go to court and regain our God giving mandate. Buhari will be disgraced in court. I'm 100% sure. God Almighty is involved in this.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by SillyMods: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Why and how? Including emirs, sultan, babagida, pastors, other contestants and this one

http://dailypost.ng/2019/03/05/buhari-vs-atiku-dont-go-court-leave-everything-god-arewa-forum-begs-ex-vp/
Let him go immediately then. Is it really difficult to go to court ni?
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by AllenSpencer: 10:16am On Mar 05, 2019
lexy2014:

I am a Nigerian. Pls enlighten me on how it goes. Am curious

I want to believe you have the notion that The Nigerian Police Force is the most corrupt institution in Nigeria. Its the judiciary but activities not glaring to the public. The judiciary makes no move independently when it comes to Governance without its biggest allied, the FGN. With regards to what I said earlier, The Nigerian Judiciary is in the pocket of the FGN and can at ease have anything done.

If you have scenario's where FGN have lost cases, trust me, It has been finalized with FGN before verdict was passed. Why do you think they easily ignore court verdicts?
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by truthstands20: 10:16am On Mar 05, 2019
desiredhome:

Atiku must go to court, no body is begging him not to exercise his right in court. The thing is when you know the end of a thing from the beginning means Atiku just want to waste the remaining of our money on lawyers that are deceiving him.
When Buhari went to court in his time what was the verdict?
Do the PDP mean that they did not rig the elections in the areas they won? This is Nigeria
Allow the court to decide that.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by truthstands20: 10:19am On Mar 05, 2019
Mcy56:
I expect Atiku to respect himself now that he's been treated as 'king' and getting pity.
It's glaring that all those telling him not to go to court knew he would lose and still waste money in the process.
Anyway, lawyers should not be left out in the national cake he's sharing too. Afterall, the money belong to Nigerians. grin
That shouldn't be your headache because its not your money. Let's allow the court to do their job.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by lexy2014: 10:21am On Mar 05, 2019
AllenSpencer:

I want to believe you have the notion that The Nigerian Police Force is the most corrupt institution in Nigeria. Its the judiciary but activities not glaring to the public. The judiciary makes no move independently when it comes to Governance without its biggest allied, the FGN. With regards to what I said earlier, The Nigerian Judiciary is in the pocket of the FGN and can at ease have anything done.

If you have scenario's where FGN have lost cases, trust me, It has been finalized with FGN before verdict was passed. Why do you think they easily ignore court verdicts?

That means d judiciary isn't really corrupt. its d executive led by president buhari that is corrupting d judiciary
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2019
jchioma:
Same Buhari that could not imitate Gej in conducting a free and fair election now wants Atiku to imitate GEJ and concede defeat.

Those asking if Atiku has called Buhari. Please, tell me, did Buhari ever call those that won him in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections?
how are u so sure it isn't free and fair election? people were killed also in river state in 2015, only north was peaceful then and now during election. or ur free and fair means BUHARI shouldn't have got highest numbers of votes in the north? on the calling issue, incumbent gej that called BUHARI was a gallant loser . if it was buhari that lost , he will do the same thing.
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by sageer1706(m): 10:26am On Mar 05, 2019
Wait a sec... are guys expecting all those DOLLARS spent in Dubai will just go in waste like that? No na, Dubai plan must work oooo. Atiku is surrounded by selfish people who still want his money coz they know nothing will come out of that court issue
Re: 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court by nwanyionitsha: 10:28am On Mar 05, 2019
SillyMods:

Let him go immediately then. Is it really difficult to go to court ni?

Fine. You were suggesting he arranged the pressure on him by individuals and groups.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Xenophobia: How South African Union Plotted Attacks – Report / Court Jails 6 Foreigners 7years For Oil Theft In Port Harcourt (photos) / Accommodation Commissioned For NAF Officers In Maiduguri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.