Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,833 members, 7,851,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Criticising Buhari Not Personal, I Am His Boss – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criticising Buhari Not Personal, I Am His Boss – Obasanjo (286 Views)

My Watch: Atiku Former Boss Obasanjo Presents His 8 Year Report Card In His Book / Presidency Reacts To ‘leaked’ Audio Of Amaechi Criticising Buhari / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criticising Buhari Not Personal, I Am His Boss – Obasanjo by akinhanger: 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2019
The former president explained that he was only criticising the programmes and policy of the present administration to ensure that things were done according to democratic norms.

He noted that while anybody could be in the President’s position, the purpose of criticism was to deepen democracy and ensure economic growth and development of the nation.

Obasanjo said, “You see that in a democracy, to criticise a policy of government is not a family affair; even if it is my brother that is there and is not doing the things that I believe he should do, he must be criticised.

“That is what democracy is all about. So, if I say anybody in government in Nigeria or any government in Africa is not doing well, let that government prove that it is doing well; it is not taking things personally,” he reiterated.

The former president further called on African leaders to focus more on democracy, good governance and the growth of the economy for the good of the people.

According to him, those who keep quiet in an environment where there is not development are accomplices in the crime.

The elder statesman had criticised President Buhari at different occasions, one of which he accused the President of returning the country to the ‘Abacha era’.

https://all-gists..com/2019/03/Criticising-Buhari-Not-Personal-I-Am-His-Boss-Obasanjo.html
Re: Criticising Buhari Not Personal, I Am His Boss – Obasanjo by gebest: 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
Obasanjo so u wan begin use style beg abi? anyway no problem, go and sin no more.
Re: Criticising Buhari Not Personal, I Am His Boss – Obasanjo by BuhariLooter(m): 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lagos should have been a micro National if the wanted to succeed like all the micro nations.
Lagos has more potentials than all the successful nations in the world

VOTE JIMI AGBAJE

VOTE PDP!!!
Re: Criticising Buhari Not Personal, I Am His Boss – Obasanjo by slivertongue: 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
GMB capacity is overrated. he doesnt know d difference btw democracy &fascism thus his antics

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Decide 2019 / Thugs Set INEC Office Ablaze In Ebonyi, Burnt Down Polling Unit On Election Day / Elections In Kogi State LG Has Been Postponed See Reason...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.