Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,711 members, 7,844,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? (898 Views)

It's Impossible To Tame/Keep An Akwa Ibom Girl As A Girlfriend (picture) / Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? / Abby, University Of Ibadan Nursing Student Stretches To Impossible Positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by martyns303(m): 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2019
This is probably not the right section for this, the moderators can please help out.

Have you ever been a difficult situation? an impossible one, one that seems would consume you. How did you get out?

I will be sharing mine, a bit long, but interesting. I have been in a lot of impossible situations, however two stands out, which I will share with you guys.

1. There was this one time I fell into a very big drainage. it had rained and so the water current was very high, enough to sweep away an entire building. Somehow I survived and got out, till date I can't explain how. It's one of those events you can only describe as a miracle.

2. Now to the main gist. I was a foreign student attending this prestigious school. An institution only a handful can boast of attending, the school however boast of kicking students out. There are just 2 grades there, A & F, there's no in between. No BCD or E, it's either you have an A or F, 74% is an F. You can't write any particular course more than three times, If you fail a course three times, you will have to start all over again, you will rewrite all the courses you have previously passed. And it's not that easy, it cost millions of naira to start all over again, and the school will set up a panel to decide if you are eligible to even start all over again based on your performance on previously passed courses.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to cheat during exams, the exam hall is designed to be sound proof, you can literally hear the breathing of others if you listen, so it's impossible to communicate. You can't see the question of the next person, and even if you can see it, it's unlikely you are doing same subject. There's a CCTV directly in front of every student, capturing your every move. Then there are four invigilators for a hall that requires not more than one.

I had written a particular course and failed the second time (72% both times), the school sent me a mail notifying me that I have two weeks to prepare and resit the exam. Two weeks to reread a book as big as the Oxford dictionary and solve more than 3000 practice questions. I didn't need a native doctor to tell me it's the end of the road for me.

I packed my things, booked my flight. Practice a nice speech to tell my parents and consoled myself with the fact that at least I will be going back to Nigeria to see my GF, I have missed her like mad. 3 Days later while trying to sell off some of my things I don't need anymore, a friend called me and advised me, His words were simple, "Bro, don't throw in the towel yet, read the book all over again, the idea is to not leave your room for anything except to use the rest room, I will buy you food, fight these guys with your determination".

And so a new fire in me was born, I locked myself in the room and read from morning till night, I had monstar energy drink for breakfast, lunch and dinner coupled with caffeine tablets, I slept only 2 hours in a day. While solving the questions I discovered a particular question carries the highest mark and it was the most tricky question. So tricky that no 2 students have the same method of solving it, in fact you have to come up with a way of identifying and solving it as one thing could mean something else in the same question type. It was so complex when you don't know it, but so simple once you find a way of going round it. I tried asking other students on how to solve it, but no one can actually explain it. So I came up with my own method, whenever I see any variable, I gave it a color and number, so no matter how they twist it I just in my head match it with color and number I have assigned and it worked, that simple.

On the day of the exam, I was so full of confidence. Everything was going so well until it got to those questions and just like a bad nightmare, boom!!! the method I had used disappeared from my head, the more I tried to think, the more I seem to get confused, soon I was feeling agitated and frustrated, soon feared crept in. In my head I was like, na so my village people carry reason my matter so.

I had spent 15 minutes just seated doing nothing, I was just waiting for the time to elapse so I can get out when all of a sudden it HIT me, everything came rushing back. I almost screamed, I quickly rushed the thing and left the hall excited. The next 48hrs waiting for the result was one of the longest, when the results finally came out, yours truly scored 86%. One lecturer called me to his office to congratulate me, that they had already assumed the worst for me.

I bought one whole carton of Veuve Clicquot to share and celebrate with friends. I survived!!!!

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
martyns303:
I bought one whole carton of Veuve Clicquot to share and celebrate with friends. I survived!!!!

GOOD ONE, MY BROTHER.
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by aviator1122(m): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Contemporary cowboy freelance romance writer needed urgently.

pay is handsome.
whatsapp 09038296250
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by rtdCivilservant: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
martyns303:
This is probably not the right section for this, the moderators can please help out.

Have you ever been a difficult situation? an impossible one, one that seems would consume you. How did you get out?

I will be sharing mine, a bit long, but interesting. I have been in a lot of impossible situations, however two stands out, which I will share with you guys.

1. There was this one time I fell into a very big drainage. it had rained and so the water current was very high, enough to sweep away an entire building. Somehow I survived and got out, till date I can't explain how. It's one of those events you can only describe as a miracle.

2. Now to the main gist. I was a foreign student attending this prestigious school. An institution only a handful can boost of attending, the school however boost of kicking students out. There are just 2 grades there, A & F, there's no in between. No BCD or E, it's either you have an A or F, 74% is an F. You can't write any particular course more than three times, If you fail a course three times, you will have to start all over again, you will rewrite all the courses you have previously passed. And it's not that easy, it cost millions of naira to start all over again, and the school will set up a panel to decide if you are eligible to even start all over again based on your performance on previously passed courses.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to cheat during exams, the exam hall is designed to be sound proof, you can literally hear the breathing of others if you listen, so it's impossible to communicate. You can't see the question of the next person, and even if you can see it, it's unlikely you are doing same subject. There's a CCTV directly in front of every student, capturing your every move. Then there are four invigilators for a hall that requires not more than one.

I had written a particular course and failed the second time (72% both times), the school sent me a mail notifying me that I have two weeks to prepare and resit the exam. Two weeks to reread a book as big as the Oxford dictionary and solve more than 3000 practice questions. I didn't need a native doctor to tell me it's the end of the road for me.

I packed my things, booked my flight. Practice a nice speech to tell my parents and consoled myself with the fact that at least I will be going back to Nigeria to see my GF, I have missed her like mad. 3 Days later while trying to sell off some of my things I don't need anymore, a friend called me and advised me, His words were simple, "Bro, don't throw in the towel yet, read the book all over again, the idea is to not leave your room for anything except to use the rest room, I will buy you food, fight these guys with your determination".

And so a new fire in me was born, I locked myself in the room and read from morning till night, I had monstar energy drink for breakfast, lunch and dinner coupled with caffeine tablets, I slept only 2 hours in a day. While solving the questions I discovered a particular question carries the highest mark and it was the most tricky question. So tricky that no 2 students have the same method of solving it, in fact you have to come up with a way of identifying and solving it as one thing could mean something else in the same question type. It was so complex when you don't know it, but so simple once you find a way of going round it. I tried asking other students on how to solve it, but no one can actually explain it. So I came up with my own method, whenever I see any variable, I gave it a color and number, so no matter how they twist it I just in my head match it with color and number I have assigned and it worked, that simple.

On the day of the exam, I was so full of confidence. Everything was going so well until it got to those questions and just like a bad nightmare, boom!!! the method I had used disappeared from my head, the more I tried to think, the more I seem to get confused, soon I was feeling agitated and frustrated, soon feared crept in. In my head I was like, na so my village people carry reason my matter so.

I had spent 15 minutes just seated doing nothing, I was just waiting for the time to elapse so I can get out when all of a sudden it HIT me, everything came rushing back. I almost screamed, I quickly rushed the thing and left the hall excited. The next 48hrs waiting for the result was one of the longest, when the results finally came out, yours truly scored 86%. One lecturer called me to his office to congratulate me, that they had already assumed the worst for me.

but the first should actually be the 'main gist' as that one could have taken ur life while the consequences of the one u called 'main gist' would just be an F and accompanied with shame
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by ThothHermes: 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
Na which school 72% no reach pass?
Na Hogwarts

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by Bluezy13(m): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hmmm...

Hurriedly I zoomed towards the judge with my long sought evidence... ignoring the hundreds of astonished eyes scanning my audacity and deep into the judge's eyes I could discern his anger at my impetus...
"How dare you barge into a High court room in the middle of a presidential court sitting ??" ...were the salient words buried under his stern look.

I paused, my perspiration increased, my astonishment and perplexity escalated rapidly...my shaky hands clinging tightly to a folded piece of paper bearing the only evidence that can prove my innocence...

And suddenly...

Emmm... Abeg, make I begin dey go watch Man U vs PSG match. Hope say my ticket no go cut today.

Continue later... depending on the outcome of the match.
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
what course were you studying bro
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

GOOD ONE, MY BROTHER.

Alcohol man grin that’s the only one you saw in the post tongue
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
This was really interesting. Reminds me of my university but nowhere near as strict as yours. Makes me wonder what kind of university you attend.
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by fascia(m): 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ah... Nothing I won't see in this life. 74% ? F?
Please which school is that?
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by FreeMejoor1(m): 12:06am On Mar 07, 2019
Really funny with your sarcasm..
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by kingxsamz(m): 12:52am On Mar 07, 2019
I'll come back to this thread and post when I get out of this sh!thole.

Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:05am On Mar 07, 2019
PRESENTATION:

DRINKING IS THE ONLY THING I KNOW, BROTHER. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:05am On Mar 07, 2019
PRESENTATION:

DRINKING IS THE ONLY THING I KNOW, BROTHER. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by martyns303(m): 7:33am On Mar 07, 2019
ThothHermes:
Na which school 72% no reach pass?

Na Hogwarts

As you can see from the attached pics, 70% is a Fail. While 89% is a Pass.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by MYJIST(m): 7:35am On Mar 07, 2019
Lol, No be small survival
Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by DaniDani(m): 8:18am On Mar 07, 2019
If you can scale through this university then you can help us to remove buhariG.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Out Of That Impossible Situation? by ThothHermes: 10:59am On Mar 07, 2019
martyns303:

As you can see from the attached pics, 70% is a Fail. While 89% is a Pass.
What's the name of the school now?
Abi na secret school?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girl Friend At Lagos Airport Ikeja - Lagos / Sexual Hygiene For Big Boys And Big Girls Out There / Health Benefit Of Viginal Fluid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.