Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians (6895 Views)

Imo Youths Turn Out En Masse To Get Thier PVC (Photos, Video) / Enugu Youths Turn Out En Masse To Collect Their PVC (Photos, Video) / #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by mrakeli62: 6:11am On Mar 07, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari Wednesday in Abuja urged Nigerians to troop out en masse to cast their votes at the governorship and Houses of Assembly elections holding on Saturday.

The president, in a statement he personally signed, commiserated with families that lost their loved ones at the February 23 presidential and National Assembly polls, and encouraged all eligible voters not to be complacent on Saturday, but should rather view the governorship and assembly elections as important as the last presidential poll.

Giving reasons why the electorate should troop out to vote on Saturday, Buhari said governance at the state level is closer to them than the federal government and hence, the need for them to be involved in the process of electing politicians who will govern them in the next four years.

Buhari, who canvassed votes for governorship candidates of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), during Saturday election, counseled against ballot stuffing, ballot snatching and other acts that may be inimical to the conduct of credible polls.

Claiming that he had pledged to conduct credible polls and was committed to his promise, Buhari implored Nigerians to ensure that Saturday’s election is better than February 23 polls, advising them further to ensure the emergence of the best candidates at the election.

He said: “The second and final phase of the 2019 general election comes up on Saturday, March 9, with Nigerians voting for governors and members of Houses of Assembly in the states. Let me once again extend my condolences to the families of those who lost their lives or sustained injuries as a result of accidents or criminal violence during the elections.

“The onus is once again on qualified people to turn out in large numbers to exercise their civic rights. With the presidential poll behind us, let us not become complacent, and fail to vote in the gubernatorial poll. The forthcoming elections are as important for good governance as that of the presidency and the National Assembly.

“Indeed, governance at the state level is closer to us, and should touch our lives more directly. That is why it is vital for us to participate in the choice of who governs us at the state levels. I, therefore, urge you to troop out massively on Saturday to elect your governors and state lawmakers.

“As a member of the All Progressives Congress, I recommend those standing on the platform of the party to you, as we are guided by progressive ideals, and we will not disappoint you. Equally, I urge you to comport yourself properly, as you turn out for the election.

“Avoid all deviant behaviours like ballot stuffing, ballot snatching, and any other action that does not conform to best electoral practices. I assure you that the security agencies will be on hand to protect voters, and ensure that the process is not undermined in anyway.

“Let’s make the gubernatorial polls much better than the presidential, which local and International observers have adjudged to be free and fair. May I repeat my appeal to our young people: do not allow yourselves to be used to cause violence or to break the law or otherwise disturb the peace.

“I have pledged a decent and credible electoral system for our country. I stand by that promise.
“Let us together do the right thing on Saturday, so that the best hands can emerge at the states, and take us faster to the Next Level.”

Also speaking at an event in Abuja, the president pledged to work harder in his second term to consolidate his administration’s activities on security, economy, job creation, fight against corruption and upgrade of infrastructure.

According to presidential spokesman, Malam Garba Shehu, in a statement, the president made the promise while hosting leaders of the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), whom he said paid him a courtesy visit in the State House.
“This is my last lap. I will try and work even harder than I have done. I assure you that I will not let you down. I pray that my best will be good enough,” he quoted the president as saying.

The statement added that the president thanked leaders of ACF for what he described as their consistent and dogged support as well as their goodwill.

According to the statement, the Chairman of ACF’s Board of Trustees, Mallam Adamu Fika, recalled some strategic projects being implemented by Buhari’s administration, which he said were important to both the North and the country, listing such projects to include: the Baro Dry Port and Mambilla Hydro Power station.

He quoted Fika as saying: “It is pleasing to note that since then, the Baro Dry Port has been commissioned, while some other projects have been reactivated and are now being implemented.

“We pray that those organs of government charged with the responsibility for the implementation will double their efforts to ensure that these projects are executed fully to their logical conclusion within reasonable time.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/turn-out-en-masse-on-saturday-to-vote.html

3 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:13am On Mar 07, 2019
President of the north , if votes truly count in this country , A man like you wouldn't even smell a second term .

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by galadima77(m): 6:35am On Mar 07, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
President of the north , if votes truly count in this country , A man like you wouldn't even smell a second term .

If votes count, Atiku should be our president abi?

Oyah clap for yaself

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by Paperwhite(m): 6:39am On Mar 07, 2019
After you have created voter's apathy with your silly attitudes? angry

3 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by freemanbubble: 6:40am On Mar 07, 2019
Never again
Our vote wouldn't count under your administration

Mr integrity that can not work with inec to conduct free and fair election is that one Mr integrity

And the so called Jonathan they tagged mr corruption worked with inec to conduct a free and fair election

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by Jestin: 6:41am On Mar 07, 2019
We’ll troop out en masse to cast our vote for PDP

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by Onlinealaba(m): 6:42am On Mar 07, 2019
So that they will still use their soldiers to harass us and perfect their rigging plans, 2019 election na major scam

Check my signature, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

3 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by nony43(m): 6:42am On Mar 07, 2019
Buhari knew that if gubernatorial elections were to be conducted first that he will loose the election that was why he insisted on the Presidential elections first

6 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by jerecrown(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2019
voting for APC is like casting ur hrt to demons

6 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by naijaguy1234(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2019
Oga , over one week now you never eat, na so so water you dey drink ? grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by Emu4life(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2019
Shekara HUDU sauran so HUDU, Baba Buharin mugrin

2 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by YesNo(m): 6:45am On Mar 07, 2019
In a country where ur vote is not safe and you the voter is in danger too? Where anything can happen to you that day and all the police has to do to cover the case is to simply say u r a ballot box snatcher?

Nah.

4 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by Emu4life(m): 6:46am On Mar 07, 2019
jerecrown:
voting for APC is like casting ur hrt to demons
And voting for Okowa, Wike, PDP...... is like wat??

7 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by okosodo: 6:47am On Mar 07, 2019
so that you go rig am

2 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by kingthreatz: 6:47am On Mar 07, 2019
Baba, try and make sure card readers are 99% effective. We know you won but your boys rigged unnecessarily for you in many places.

2 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by Offpoint1: 6:48am On Mar 07, 2019
So I should vote for an APC candidates even if they're incompetence and confused like the president? This is the problem with politics, it's all about your party winning, it has never been about the masses.

After last Saturday, from now henceforth... my PVC is mainly for bank purpose or anything that requires a valid ID.

11 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by fakuta(f): 6:48am On Mar 07, 2019
I respect my people SGF, two general and former SGF, in the same local government, we peacefully voted against Buhari and voted our senator from APC because the woman is tested and trusted Binani.
Peaceful shall we finish our Governorship and state assembly Election

3 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:49am On Mar 07, 2019
It's a must.
All the best to the candidates.
Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by bluefilm: 6:49am On Mar 07, 2019
Sure sir.

You be man wey sabi.

1 Like

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by lonelydora: 6:53am On Mar 07, 2019
Exodus 23:26b .... I'll make sure you live full and complete lives (Message Translation)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

1 Like

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by Emu4life(m): 6:54am On Mar 07, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Shebi na 5% go make am no win I laugh in Chinese

1 Like

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by point5: 6:56am On Mar 07, 2019
I wish votes count in this country..

3 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:59am On Mar 07, 2019
But wait oh, Boko Haram seems silent since buhari was declared winner, I think their mission accomplished, buhari finally have his way, having killed thousands of innocent /foolish northern Nigerian people. Sometimes when I always reading about the killings and bombings in Borno, I believe its a fake news, it's a fake bombings with zero casualties, these people just playing with our intelligent to protect buhari interest, real thunder will fire the entire Borno people

1 Like

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by DabuIIIT: 7:02am On Mar 07, 2019
Yen Yen Yen,twun out emasse and bote,Yen Yen Yen,bla bla bla....

angry
Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by Herkim(m): 7:02am On Mar 07, 2019
Baba has spoken
May God continue to enrich you with wisdom and good health. Amin

2 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by stuffs4me(m): 7:02am On Mar 07, 2019
What's the point of coming out to vote when the results had already been concluded.

The evil tyrant called Buhari will use the military to rig the elections as usual.
Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by iammo(m): 7:03am On Mar 07, 2019
Yes o tongue vote en masse to shame the evil PDP

2 Likes

Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by RealityShot: 7:03am On Mar 07, 2019
Imo people turn out and vote out PDP, APC and ACCORD parties!
as well as that TONY Nwulu and Cockrochas' inlaw!

All are Criminals!

But if you must vote,
then Vote any other party
Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by xana101: 7:03am On Mar 07, 2019
Your father
Re: Turn Out En Masse On Saturday To Vote, Buhari Appeals To Nigerians by DabuIIIT: 7:04am On Mar 07, 2019
Emu4life:
Shebi na 5% go make am no win I laugh in Chinese

Shut up there, without that so called 5%,you all are dead in the zoo

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Suleja / JTF Declares Bakassi Militant-Leader Wanted / Official: Jonathan Wins Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.