Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" (10592 Views)

Angelina Jolie At The AU Summit / MUST-READ: New Facts Emerge On Muna Obiekwe's Death ...chei!... / Angelina Jolie Or Jenifer Aniston: Who Is Da Bomb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by kissangel1: 10:30pm On Aug 31, 2010
im so thrilled. Our ibo Brother is making serious waves o. he also starred in 2012.
Carry on oooo, Nna Bros!

A consummate stage performer, Chiwetel Ejiofor first moved into motion pictures in 1996, when he did Steven Spielberg’s Amistad. Since then he has been featured in a slew of successful movies including Dirty Pretty Money, American Gangster, Kinky Boots, Inside Man and Children of Men.

He’s currently starring as counter-intelligence agent William Peabody in the thriller Salt. His job is to track down and capture agent Evelyn Salt (Angelina Jolie), who is on the run after being accused of being a Russian spy.

What do you think about being involved in the spy game? Do you think it’s something as an actor you can relate to because they spend so much of their time pretending to be other people?

Agent Peabody (Chiwetel Ejiofor) and Ted Winter (Liev Schreiber) © Columbia Pictures
It’s interesting, one of the dynamics in the film I think for me is Peabody’s so consistent, he’s not in the field, he’s bureaucratic in a way. And that was one of the things that I was excited by in this part. He is somebody who actually is not a chameleon, he’s not changing.

That was one of the things that I was really excited by and I wanted to also experiment with the kind of idea that instead of these characters who are involved in the spy world having this kind of removed persona, that in fact there is something quite bureaucratic and every day about these guys.

What did you learn from speaking with the CIA consultants?
When I spoke with people in the CIA what I was interested in really was this departmental relationships and the bureaucracy of the CIA. And I found a very interesting and all encompassing way of approaching the character.

In the film we don’t really learn a lot about Peabody. Did you try to create a back story for yourself to help you shape your character?
Yeah, I was very interested in what happened before any of this happens. I concluded that whatever his personal home life, it gives way to the moment that he walks through the doors at the CIA. Somehow the battles that are going on for him there are the most significant things that are happening to him.

So in way I was able to create gently some background noise in terms of a life that he might be having, but the real concentrated effort was on what happens at work. It felt to me that it gave the character a lot of grounding.

Essentially (there are) very few characters in this story, but because they are carrying so much, it feels much more expansive. They carry these very deep tensions that are ever present to the film, so there’s always an underlying subtext to whatever they’re doing.

What was it like to work with Angelina?

Ted Winter (Liev Schreiber), Agent Peabody (Chiwetel Ejiofor) and Evelyn Salt (Angelina Jolie) © Columbia Pictures
It was terrific. I’ve long been an admirer of hers as an actress and so I was excited to work with her. She was great fun to be around.

There were times when we were shooting and we’d do exterior scenes and there was a lot of stuff happening around her, a lot of Paparazzi, a lot of people trying to get photographs, and yet to watch her film, and to watch her in this film, you would never even for a millisecond be aware that just beyond the camera is all this crazy activity.

It was very instructive as how to be focused and how to be able to shut out a lot of the noise in order to do the job and to work within the context of the (story).

Your co-star, Liev Schreiber, said he was a little intimidated by her when he first met her – did you feel that at all?
No, I was very happy to meet her but I don’t feel like it was a big moment or anything. I was excited to meet another actress that I respect and to begin the process of doing the job.

When things are written about people and there’s a whole other life, it’s a strange thing to contextualize sometimes. And also it’s a part of my job not to prejudge an actor based on US Weekly. It would be terrible to start from that basis.

When you were a young man in England did you ever think you’d be a movie actor?
I was going to be a theatre actor. There wasn’t any doubt in my mind that that was what I was going to do. I always wanted to be a theatre actor since I was 12 or 13, and I’d been making steps to do that. I started working in theatre and I had an opportunity to come out to the States to do Amistad, which was with Spielberg, and that was a great moment, but then I went back to England and carried on doing theatre.

Although I had had this amazing experience in Hollywood, the film world hadn’t necessarily captured me in its entirety. I couldn’t quite understand L.A. at all, I was 19 and I didn’t feel like it was where I fitted, so I didn’t stay. And then I did Dirty Pretty Things, and I think at that point I fell in love with making films. So I began to pursue that as well, and I started to get cast in America.

You have a great American accent in this. Were their American actors that influenced you when you were a child?
I don’t know what my influences were, although I would say that there was a lot of American television in England when I was growing up, and a lot of American movies, so I was aware of the accent and the different sound subliminally. But when I first got to the States and started doing American movies, I needed some assistance with dialogue coaches, because the sounds are so different. But like anything, it gets a little easier as you do it.

http://filmreviewonline.com/2010/07/23/salt-chiwetel-ejiofor-on-the-spy-game/
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MissyB1(m): 10:48pm On Aug 31, 2010
I saw 2012 and I liked him immediately. He's fine and good. kiss kiss

Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 8:26am On Sep 01, 2010
SO WHAT IF HE IS IBO?? big deal!! why are this ibo people too tribalistic? why??

Was just wondering why the actor didnt write Ibo made n his forehead (no offense)
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by watchme(f): 9:31am On Sep 01, 2010
Igbos are talented just accept that and stop being jealous and sarcastic; come to think of it, how many other tribes from Nigeria have made an international recognition? apart from "Abdulmutallab" with his non-challant and irritating nuisance which upgraded nigerians name in the US book of corrupt countrys.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by omar22(m): 9:31am On Sep 01, 2010
would you have said the yoruba brother if he were Yoruba!!!

Knowing that if he is up for an Oscar they would call him BRITISH BORN
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 9:52am On Sep 01, 2010
Ibos are talented?? Hon people like u need to be put in a Cage (no Offence). U tribalistic goat. How dare u say Ibos are

talented? Is Ibo the only tribe In Nigeria? Hon , No offence but U really need to be locked in a cage, 4real.

OMAR waz right, if he did win an oscar, he would claim british!! I cannot stand u tribalistic idiots!!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2010
and so what if they have international recognition? big deal, who cares, I dont. He is just a good Nigerian Actor like any other. Period!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2010
IGBO, NOT IBO tongue tongue

Mr Cork or what idio.tic name do you call yourself, why must you always be MELODRAMATIC, with that your "no offence" you always say, you never disappoint

me with the annoying drama you bring. if she hadnt said "igbo", i'm sure someone here would have asked "who is he"?. so because of the risk of being

labeled an ethnicist, people shouldnt identify with their tribe? even among american whites, i hear them say "i am a country girl", " i am from the east coast"

and all, but nobody shoots them with the tribalistic nonsense that we shoot ourselves with. why are you annoyed that the poster said he was an "ibo" man,

You actually sound jealous with your rants, so please cool it. and NO, he just doesnt act like any other nigerian actor, so dont even compare.

i would never because of goats like you cease to say the good that an igbo man has done and is doing. the other tribes can have their politics and rule, but

while they are ruling in politics, we would be ruling other aspects. isnt it bad enough that after the civil war, igbos have been treated as if we arent here, the

north and west share leadership of the country amongst themselves, and you come here to say igbos are tribalistic, please quit with your crass stupidity, your

hatred of the igbos makes no sense. cricket quit chirping and move out of the way lets congratulate an igbo man.

you could write prodly IGBO MADE on my forehead anyday cool

2 Likes

Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Dolemite(f): 10:37am On Sep 01, 2010
throttler:

Mr Cork or what idio.tic name do you call yourself, why must you always be MELODRAMATIC, with that your "no offence" you always say, you never disappoint

me with the annoying drama you bring. if she hadnt said "igbo", i'm sure someone here would have asked "who is he"?. so because of the risk of being

labeled an ethnicist, people shouldnt identify with their tribe? even among american whites, i hear them say "i am a country girl", " i am from the east coast"

and all, but nobody shoots them with the tribalistic nonsense that we shoot ourselves with. why are you annoyed that the poster said he was an "ibo" man,

You actually sound jealous with your rants, so please cool it. and NO, he just doesnt act like any other nigerian actor, so dont even compare.

i would never because of goats like you cease to say the good that an igbo man has done and is doing. the other tribes can have their politics and rule, but

while they are ruling in politics, we would be ruling other aspects. isnt it bad enough that after the civil war, igbos have been treated as if we arent here, the

north and west share leadership of the country amongst themselves, and you come here to say igbos are tribalistic, please quit with your crass stupidity, your

hatred of the igbos makes no sense. cricket quit chirping and move out of the way lets congratulate an igbo man.

Well said. wink
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 10:44am On Sep 01, 2010
thanks DOLEMITE. i have had enough of the igbo bashing and its time they quit with it.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 10:46am On Sep 01, 2010
No offence but you Ibo people are dyammm too tribalistic!!! dyamm too much, if only u invented the telescope. Fela waz popular world wide

simply because he was a great Musician and not because he waz youruba. U will never hear a yoruba person sayin Fela was great becoz he waz

yoruba. He waz simply a music icon becoz he waz talented , period. But U Ibo people, u make big deal outter everthing (no offence). So blooody

what if he acted with Angelita Jolly,,,,,she is not even regarded as an A class actress in hollywood.

Again i say it, U tribalistic monkeys need to be locked in a cage and shipped to Haiti (no Offence).

The poor boy is just an actor, period, Who gives a *** if he is Ibo. TO hell with the IBO *** (Yes I said it & i will say it anyday)

The are great actors and actresses in every tribe, U monkey face!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2010
DOLEMITE. is a great example of ibo chick that needs to be locked in a cage and shipped to Alaba Market, 4real.

She tooo dyamm Tribalistic and she aint even all that (no offence). She cant even do Movie extra in Nollywood, talkless off Ghana wood

(no offence)
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 10:52am On Sep 01, 2010
No offfense to the actor but he look albino, I bet his Afro is an Ibo thing, tryna look cool (no offense)

Ibo people like Afro, 4real grin grin grin grin grin (Pls no offence to any Ibo people, I mean well)
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2010
its igbo not ibo!!! if cant spell it dont use it!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2010
Nit.wit, where did you see that ANGELINA JOLIE isnt an A-list actress, what list is she may i ask?

Fela was a good musician, but i didnt know you where omnipotent, so much so that you were in the hearts, mouths of every yoruba man, and know that no yoruba
man has ever been proud of Fela being yoruba.

who is ANGELITA JOLLY?

YOU CALL IGBOS MONKEYS, i as an igbo woman, will never call any tribe monkeys. i will never need to defend my tribe to SOMETHING like you. if bashing igbos rocks your boat, i will say paddle on!!.

i know you are too thick to understand, so i wont say "GO FIGURE".

cheap shot, he doesnt look albino, and i love albinos, absolutely nothing wrong with them. i love afros too, i'm rocking a huge one right now Mr cockscrew, will that be enogh to make you choke on your own tongue?

I'm done with this childs play. mr CORKSCREW, this is a thread to celebrate a FINE igbo man, dont derail it with your ignorance

CONGRATULATIONS TO MR CHIWETELU EJIOFOR. SWEET IGBO MAN kiss
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 11:05am On Sep 01, 2010
Its Ibo, gademmit!!!    I never had of Igbo!! Even Ghana people called them: Ibo People (no Offence)
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2010
throttler, baby hold up one seconds, I never called Ibo people Monkeys. I would never say that. My chick is Ibo, ok!!

All am sayin is that Ibo people are just tooo dyammm tribalistic and those tribalistic ones need to be locked up in a cage & ship to Haiti.

Madam, I mean it in a good way. Angelita Jolly is a No body anyways. No Nyans, No booobsi and she is not even rated. Her Movies flop.

So u tell me, whats the big deal somply becoz she is acting with an Ibo boy, Big deal (no offense)
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by blackwood(m): 11:17am On Sep 01, 2010
you tribalistic lot! why did u not say our Nigerian Brother Costars Angelina Jolie "salt". people with minds like yours ruin our country.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 11:24am On Sep 01, 2010
BLACKWOOD, thanks Bro!! Well Said. Its people like them that set Nigeria backwards, ibo this, ibo that.

Even if they locate a UFO is Nigeria, they would cliam the Allien is Ibo (no Offence)
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 11:32am On Sep 01, 2010
so because dudu ghanians call us IBO, that makes it right? oh pleeezeeeeee!!!!! angry

mr cockscrew, if you never had of igbo, please had it here, and take your correction.

if your chick is igbo, you should let her see what you have been writing about her people, very romantic, she will be so thrilled, NOT undecided

It just deosnt make sense that blacks are hounded for their color in other places, and when they are home, its the same tribalistic nonsense, so where does

it stop?

until this NIGERIA learns to carry every tribe along, knowing that we all have our differences in culture, food, language, pride and all, it is every tribe for himself.

oh, an igbo alien, pleeaaasseee show me my alien bros, HOT grin
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by omar22(m): 11:37am On Sep 01, 2010
Quick question,

Would he be referred to as an Igbo man,  if he was a terrorist?

NO!!!!

We have a case of a “English people syndrome” the English people would refer a Scots man as British if he/she achieve something major but refer him/her Scottish if they do something bad… a mixed race person would be referred to as half-cast or mixed race if he/she achieve something great, but he/she steals or burgles a house they would refer that person as pure black……

Like I said the boy that was caught on the plane from Amsterdam to US was never referred to as an Hausa but a Nigerian….
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by franny1980: 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2010
throttler:

IBO is a tribe while IGBO is a language therefore we r Ibos and not Igbo

watchme:

Igbos are talented just accept that and stop being jealous and sarcastic; come to think of it, how many other tribes from Nigeria have made an international recognition? apart from "Abdulmutallab" with his non-challant and irritating nuisance which upgraded nigerians name in the US book of corrupt countrys.

Yes oooo good talk
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2010
@FRANNY1980, who, when, where amd how is that differenciation made?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i dont know what you are talking about ibo being a tribe and igbo being a language. there is only one word for it and that is IGBO. IBO is the way the folks
with MOUTH ULCER pronounce IGBO, SO HAVE YOU GOT MOUTH ULCER? undecided
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by ijawgirl: 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2010
yea he did a good job!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by franny1980: 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2010
throttler:

@FRANNY1980, who, when, where amd how is that differenciation made?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i dont know what you are talking about ibo being a tribe and igbo being a language. there is only one word for it and that is IGBO. IBO is the way the folks
with MOUTH ULCER pronounce IGBO, SO HAVE YOU GOT MOUTH ULCER? undecided

Your father!!!
You dont know about Ibo so dont talk!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2010
oh, about igbo, then read.

franny1980, ibu ozu nwuru na canal. ina'akpo nnam, odika inweghi nna, ibu nwa onye ara. anam ekwu okwu ndi igbo, gi'bia ne'ebea n'ekwu ka inweghi isi. biko, cha'aram n'uzo, anuohia nwuru anwu, asu iberibe.

for your reading pleasure angry

and what did you say about my father? ok, let me complete it for you, since you suddenly developed paralysis in ur hand.

your father, is a wise, intelligent, good, caring, responsible, disciplined man.

1 Like

Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2010
ibo is a tribe but igbo is a language?? WHAT THE HECK!!!

OK i am now confused. WHats the difference between Ibo people, Igbo people and Okoro people? arent they the same, Coz am still confused

(no offense). The actor not not even identify himself as Ibo, but Nigerian, so why then are the ibo people already celebrating??
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2010
And i bet sooner or later, another Ibo chick in Naiiraland will put up a post saying:

Finnaly, Michael Jackson is Ibo, his hair is from Anambra state!!!

Oh bwoy!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by franny1980: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2010
throttler:

oh, about igbo, then read.

franny1980, ibu ozu nwuru na canal. ina'akpo nnam, odika inweghi nna, ibu nwa onye ara. anam ekwu okwu ndi igbo, gi'bia ne'ebea n'ekwu ka inweghi isi. biko, cha'aram n'uzo, anuohia nwuru anwu, asu iberibe.

for your reading pleasure angry

and what did you say about my father? ok, let me complete it for you, since you suddenly developed paralysis in your hand.

your father, is a wise, intelligent, good, caring, responsible, disciplined man.

throttler Agwo tuo gi onu, Nkita tagbu oo gi, i bu enwe, afo so gbuoo gi, i bu onye ara oooo
so i bu onye ibo na ezuzughari
Monkey mia gi onu, rie gio NSI onu gi,
what a name tufiakwa
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2010
mr cork where are u from??
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2010
Hon pls do not let my good looks decieve you. Am a nice guy, honest!!

Naija guy, but London Based (NW)
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2010
mechie gi onu, iwu udele. eze udele di ka gi. tufiakwa nne gi, tufiakwa nna gi. i na ekwu okwu ka umuaka, nkita, enwe, agwo. biko ekwekwala ka njiri ikonu saa gi ahu. ejikwela aka nwuru gi anwu ederem ozo. obu gi ka nga asi na in'ezuzugari. gaa si nna gi na ibu onye ibo ka ogupugi na ogogu umu ya. agamefu di ka gi. biko noperem nuzo ka nde di ndu hu uzo. nkita ara gaa raa nsi onye afo na'asa tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Ways To Spot A Hater - Toke Makinwa / Am I The Most Handsome Man On Nairaland??? Pictures! / Woman With The Most Massive Backside In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.