Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" (10605 Views)

Angelina Jolie At The AU Summit / MUST-READ: New Facts Emerge On Muna Obiekwe's Death ...chei!... / Angelina Jolie Or Jenifer Aniston: Who Is Da Bomb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by abadaba(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2010
Ranoscky:

Dis thread is nomore interestin since i'v not heard from MR. CORK for long now! sad

D guy dey give me hypertension abeg! grin
May the evil spirit in cork be transfered to you with immediate effect.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by buzugee(m): 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2010
he is not a great actor. he is just above average. i have seen many of his films
1, dirty pretty things
2, kinky boots
3, brothers (bad casting job. he was cast as some mink coat wearing gangster)
4, some movie he did with denzel directed by spike lee
5, american gangster.

he does not come across as convincing. you can see him practically laboring to fit the role (trying too hard). same goes with idris elba.

good african and black actors ? denzel washington, adewale akinnuoye agbaje, forest whittaker (if these guys are in a movie, you almost forget that you are watching a movie. they become the character )
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Abuna: 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2010
All Yoruba (Yoro or Yoruba) people are dirty, lousy, motherfuckers especially that Cork. Na molue or danfo go kpai you. Bastard son of a LovePeddler! Na ogun go strike you. Bagga!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by LagosBobo1(m): 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2010
I have seen lots of his movies. He's definitely a good actor.

O pari
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by jovi: 12:00am On Sep 03, 2010
@ throttler, that reply in igbo is a classic!!!!, i will copy and save grin
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Arysexy(m): 12:27am On Sep 03, 2010
All Yoruba (Yoro or Yoruba) people are dirty, lousy, motherfuckers especially that Cork. Na molue or danfo go kpai you. naughty person son of a LovePeddler! Na ogun go strike you. Bagga!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

una no go kill me 4 here! my stomach is aching me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by subtle: 12:58am On Sep 03, 2010
@mr cock or cock whatever u call urself.U must be yoruba ,there is no doubt about that with the way u dislike the ibo race so much.d subject didnt call 4 all dis ranting.save ur strength 4 mor useful things.MR NGBATINGBATI
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 03, 2010
I bet the Director of SALT knew he was an Ibo man that was why they made my acted as a CIA boss who let a Russian Spy escape despite the fact that she has killed a lot of US agent even though she claims was doing it to stop the bomb, I think the director knew an Iboman actor would be the perfect person to play that Role, hehe
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 03, 2010
I bet the Director of SALT knew he was an Ibo man that was why they made him acted as a CIA boss who let a Russian Spy escape despite the fact that she has killed a lot of US agent even though she claims was doing it to stop the bomb, I think the director knew an Iboman actor would be the perfect person to play that Role, hehe
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Justcash(m): 2:24am On Sep 03, 2010
omar22:

Would he/she have done the same if he was sent to jail for sexual abusing a young kid?

He/She highlighted his Igbo heritage in this post. Whether he/she will do same if the star abused someone sexually is another issue meant for another post by him/her (If he/she so wishes). Your view has some taints of maliciousness in them because you don't think it is proper for him/her to celebrate a good thing about an Igbo without him/her being able to do the same/equate it with bad things about Igbos. Why would you equate celebrating good things with abhorring bad things. Is it bad to celebrate good and ignore bad? If he/she dint celebrate him and his tribe would you do it for him/her? Don't you have your feelings about what is best and worst. So if they are your feelings, why should I question them. If I can't question your feelings, why would you question the feeling of the poster for celebrating an Igbo man? Talk intelligently and not like a tribalistic goat.

Βουκέφαλος:

I bet the Director of SALT knew he was an Ibo man that was why they made him acted as a CIA boss who let a Russian Spy escape despite the fact that she has killed a lot of US agent even though she claims was doing it to stop the bomb, I think the director knew an Iboman actor would be the perfect person to play that Role, hehe

O yes, he acted according to the director's script well and in a commendable manner. He acted so well that you noticed that he let a Russian spy to escape and that it is only Igbo men that can act that part so good. I bet your tribes men would rather throw her into a police cell, despoil her in it with your characteristic short & restless third legs, collect bribe after impregnating her and set her free. Dunce like you  grin grin grin.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Freewilly(f): 2:35am On Sep 03, 2010
Can someone please help me answer this question: Why are Yoruba ppl called Yoruba ? I've seen a few ppl here using the word, is it Igbo? if so

what does it really mean.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by mamatino99: 7:27am On Sep 03, 2010
why is that people never like Ibo in anything the do?we contribute a lot to the contries growth we do our business and invest in the contry,but look at other tribes they only take what is meant for the Marses and loath it to other contry tell me howmany Hausa man have belt houses in Ibo land or invest in Nigeria what have they ac hived since they are in power noting we have bean treated like junks and still Ibo man never dies because we have strong spirit to work for our self we will make money and bring it back to the contry and invest while others stiling the money that is meant for us away to invest in another mans contry now tell me who is fooling who.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 8:09am On Sep 03, 2010
abadaba , Brother, Maybe yoiu shuld put up his picture in front of your gate, so we can no yoiu are Ibo (bo offeince)

I love Ibo people, still wink
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2010
abadabadaba?? Great Ibo name!! wink

Oh Bwoy!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 11:34am On Sep 03, 2010
jovi:

@ throttler, that reply in igbo is a classic!!!!, i will copy and save grin

you are free to use it anytime bro, had to dish it to that hermaphrodite grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by watchme(f): 11:44am On Sep 03, 2010
I never like this MR. what ever he calls himself please you are really messing this forum up; stop all these your racist attitude please.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by MrCork8: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2010
watchme, babay, how can i be racist when I am black?? Do u mean: Tribalistick?

I am a lover, not a fighter. can we hooks up and discuss this over dinnner? By the way, U wear thong? tongue
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by D1KeleVra(m): 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2010
The first few comments on this thread are just ridiculous. . . except mr.corks, off course. . . opening a thread saying "igbo brother" is not very smart, we should try and speak unity. . . igbo land is not a nation! And to the ram that said there's no other tribe in HW. . . Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje; Hakeem Kae Kassim. . . please stop with the silliness smiley
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2010
who be this Mr. Bleep or Cork sef? You be proper foooolll
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2010
Freewilly:

Can someone please help me answer this question: Why are Yoruba ppl called Yoruba ? I've seen a few ppl here using the word, is it Igbo? if so

what does it really mean.

Ngabto means WHEN in yoruba
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by jimuchy: 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2010
Abeg Abeg Abeg this guy was not born here he is even described as a British actor he has an OBE please. Am sure if he had being born here he may not have have gotten this far. Stop all this my Igbo brother thing. The British society where he was born and breed helped him this far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiwetel_Ejiofor
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by Tosinville(m): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2010
Mr. Cork is absolutely right about igbo(s) being tribalistic as d best but d worst who achieve their dreams late nd after achievin it they won't let ppl to hear word again. Is Olawale Agbaje not a yoruba man in hollywood who star in "lost(seasonal movie), bourne conspiracy etc" and how about those 3 yoruba guys who starred in "phat girls" wit moniqué and whatz up wit Taio-cruz too as a yoruba guy etc. Well i wil advice the igbos to shut d fuk up because b4 they achieve a thing, another tribe has already done that nd no big deal, when 1 of d igbo(s) eventually become d president of nigeria dats how they won't let d rest of d tribes to breath again, they'll 4get that another tribe has already done that.
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by lioncoolst(m): 12:37am On Sep 04, 2010
All Yoruba (Yoro or Yoruba) people are dirty, lousy, motherfuckers especially that Cork. Na molue or danfo go kpai you. naughty person son of a LovePeddler! Na ogun go strike you. Bagga!!!!! Angry Angry Angry
This na war, but guy, u no suppose say 'All Yoruba'. That was a fallacy of hasty generalization borne from malice - bad belle,
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by lioncoolst(m): 1:18am On Sep 04, 2010
Sweetie, dont worry, I am not materialistic, I can settle for McDonalds Wink

ermm for those in Nigeria, do they no what McDonalds is by any chance? (no Offense)

No offence, did U have brain damage while growing? Or did U at anytime during the course of your growth
hit your head on a concrete floor or something?? No offence please. Iamjust concerned,
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by lioncoolst(m): 1:25am On Sep 04, 2010
mr cork u need to stop saying no offence in every sentence

Poor guy cry, he must be trying so hard to learn the right use of the English language judging from his mis-spelt words,
bad grammar, unhealthy mixtures and the rest. I wonder if the poor guy was taken tohis alleged London as a
house-boy or something. cry
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by lioncoolst(m): 1:58am On Sep 04, 2010
@mr cock or cock whatever u call urself.U must be yoruba ,there is no doubt about that with the way u dislike the ibo race so much.d subject didnt call 4 all dis ranting.save your strength 4 mor useful things.MR NGBATINGBATI

Now,y must he be Yoruba!!!!! Couldnt he be Edo, Idomma, Itshekiri, Malo, ijaw, Zulu, Igbira, or something else? OMG this stuff between
Igbo and Yoruba is really getin heated up
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by donclemo(m): 7:45am On Sep 04, 2010
isnt it bad enough that after the civil war, igbos have been treated as if we arent here, the

north and west share leadership of the country amongst themselves, and you come here to say igbos are tribalistic, please quit with your crass stupidity, your

hatred of the igbos makes no sense. cricket quit chirping and move out of the way lets congratulate an igbo man.

you could write prodly IGBO MADE on my forehead anyday

DURING THE PRIMARY ELECTION INSTEAD OF THE IGBOS TO SUPORT THEMSELVES THEY DIDNT AND THEY KEEP COMPLAINING GIVE AN IGBO MAN MONEY THE STORY WOULD CHANGE INFACT BUSINESS COMES FIRST , IGBOKWENU!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by throttler(f): 9:54am On Sep 04, 2010
^^^^as you say. undecided
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by jmoore(m): 11:47am On Sep 04, 2010
I am igbo, I hate the attitude of some people who start topic based on ethnicity knowing fully well that it might offend other people.

@poster, your so called Ibo brother actor can't speak Igbo.

Enough of all these civil war story, biafra this, biafra that. Biafra is dead and gone!

I am proud of the actor because he is Nigerian

One Nigeria!!!!
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by watchme(f): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2010
watchme, babay, how can i be racist when I am black?? Do u mean: Tribalistick?

I am a lover, not a fighter. can we hooks up and discuss this over dinnner? By the way, U wear thong?

With your location as EARTH how can we understand the particular location you are? You have also forgotten that is not only in Nigerian that this web exist. (Onye isi mgbaka)
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by favouredjb(f): 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2010
I love chewwey(that's what he told the oyinvos to call him cos they can't pronounce chiwetel)I love his dreamy eyes lol!
I must say there's absolutely no need for the OP to write "iboman" he/she said this to cause trouble knowing fully well people will take it up

The guy doesn't even relate to his igbo part,save for the name.smh,dnt knw why u all want to kill urselves over someone who doesn't knw u exist.

That bin said,I as a yoruba gal,dnt feel bad when u ibos call me Yoruba or wateva,come to think of it,Yoruba is just a simple word,with a simple meaning,well maybe it has anoda meaning in igbo.

Let's just learn to live as one
Re: Chei! Our Ibo Brother Costars Angelina Jolie In "salt" by chiogo(f): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2010
buzugee:

he is not a great actor. he is just above average. i have seen many of his films
1, dirty pretty things
2, kinky boots
3, brothers (bad casting job. he was cast as some mink coat wearing gangster)
4, some movie he did with denzel directed by spike lee
5, american gangster.

he does not come across as convincing. you can see him practically laboring to fit the role (trying too hard). same goes with idris elba.

good african and black actors ? denzel washington, adewale akinnuoye agbaje, forest whittaker (if these guys are in a movie, you almost forget that you are watching a movie. they become the character )

He's obviously convincing to the directors. How can you even compare him to Forest Whitaker and Denzel? These men are middle-aged and therefore old-timers. People have gotten used to them a long time ago, it'd take Chiwetel some time to get to that level but it's not impossible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: Top Nollywood Actress With Sagging Breast / Do You Believe This Beautiful Super H’ot Girl Is 15 Years Old (SEE PHOTOS) / Seun Egbegbe To Appear In Court Today For Iphone Theft Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.