Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN (10537 Views)

Buhari Reacts To Ganduje Bribery Video / Ganduje Bribery Video: Kano Protesters Shout ‘Ganduje Barawo’ (Video) / Governor Umar Ganduje Bribery Video Shared By Daily Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by escodotman: 5:38am On Mar 08, 2019
A non-governmental organisation, Human and Environmental Development Agenda, has filed a suit to compel the Chief Justice of Nigeria to probe the bribery allegation against Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State.

HEDA said it resorted to suing the CJN after a Kano State High Court halted Ganduje’s probe by the Kano State House of Assembly.

HEDA’s Chairman, Olanrewaju Suraju, said in a statement on Thursday that the group is seeking an order of mandamus against the CJN in relation to Ganduje’s probe.

He said the suit, which HEDA filed before the Federal High Court in Abuja, had already been assigned to a judge, who had fixed March 21 for hearing.

He said HEDA sought “an order granting leave to it to apply for a judicial review to seek an order directing the Chief Justice of Nigeria to investigate the allegations against Ganduje based on Section 52 of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission Act 2000 (as amended).”

HEDA wants the court to compel the CJN to appoint an independent counsel to “investigate the grave allegations against the Kano State Governor.”

Suraju said HEDA decided to sue the CJN after a letter it wrote requesting Ganduje’s probe was ignored.

A journalist, Jafaar Jafaar, had last year released a series of video clips online, wherein Ganduje was allegedly shown taking American dollar bills from a contractor and stuffing same into the pocket of his clothes.

The Kano State House of Assembly had initiated a probe to ascertain the veracity of the video clips, but a Kano State High Court made an order, halting the probe

https://punchng.com/bribery-video-ngo-sues-cjn-over-ganduje/

4 Likes

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by escodotman: 5:43am On Mar 08, 2019
The NJC didn't see the blatant unprofessional and evil act by the the so-called judge of the Kano state High Court who was obviously compromised by giving a fraudulent "judgment" preventing the Kano State House of Assembly from performing their constitutional duty of making the governor account for his looting.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by Prompto: 5:43am On Mar 08, 2019
Na today PDP should have done the dyeing itself. Where was the organization when Peter Obi confessed to taking the same kickback Ganduje took that the entire Igbo race want to wail their soul to early graves for ?

4 Likes

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by yuanexchanger: 5:46am On Mar 08, 2019
The person in charge of the Judiciary baba buhari is a toothless dog only fighting the opposition.Why hasn't Baba Buhari probe Gandollar...ohh I forgot he is under one mushroom immunity.We pay your suppliers in china with rmb.Check my siggy for info.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 08, 2019
Ganduje is a man of integrity
He moves with men of integrity
For our fathers said,"show me your friend and I'll tell you who you are"

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by naijaguy1234(m): 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
Who cares. That NGO is on the payroll of PDP. Ganduje is not a saint but don't tell EFCC how to do their job.

[img]https://i./NxLq.gif[/img]

8 Likes

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by 01mcfadden(m): 12:05pm On Mar 08, 2019
This is Nigeria.

This one too will be set aside.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by Siddeek: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2019
Abeg they should free Ganduje Jor. They just want to use politics to tarnish his image. Why didn't they come up with the issue all these while? Why wait until the eve of elections? Whether the video is real or fake,the fact is that both present and past governors do receive kickbacks through different methods. Free Ganduje. He has done more than enough for the people of Kano state. If my state governor will steal and do half of what Ganduje has done in kano state, we will be very happy.
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by kareemkamil(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
Hmm
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by makabia(m): 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2019
These ones are just waking up. Well, we are on the NEXT LEVEL...If u know, u know. shocked
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by lilianofentse(f): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
Shibaraba:
Ganduje is a man of integrity He moves with men of integrity For our fathers said,"show me your friend and I'll tell you who you are"

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by Anjeco: 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2019
Gandollar the only man that knows how to package dollar & use naira for foot mat.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by wazirmichika1(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2019
APC black market 419

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by DonXavi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2019
What's wrong with this NGO? Are they not aware that Gandollar is an APC member and that he has been sanctified and purified by the broom ? tongue tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by LexngtonSteele: 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2019
naijaguy1234:
Who cares. That NGO is on the payroll of PDP. Ganduje is not a saint but don't tell EFCC how to do their job.

[img]https://i./NxLq.gif[/img]

Love this GIF...so weird,LOL

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by seunmsg(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2019
Even if the CJN is compelled to investigate the matter, what happens after the investigation?

The Kano State house of assembly is the only body that can take a decisive decision on Ganduje. What HEDA should be doing at this point is to get the appeal court to vacate the earlier judgement of the high court preventing the assembly from investigating and acting on the bribery allegation.
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by maisauki: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
Efort in futility! U supose sue d constitution wey giv govanors and president imunity
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by lakesider(m): 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
if u have ngo , fight for removal of immunity clause so governors and presidents can be prosecuted ....
are many educated nigerians really stupid ?

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by maisauki: 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2019
Efort in futility! U supose sue d constitution wey giv govanors and president imunity...NANSENS
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by TheStrongest: 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2019
Prompto:
Na today PDP should have done the dyeing itself. Where was the organization when Peter Obi confessed to taking the same kickback Ganduje took that the entire Igbo race want to wail their soul to early graves for ?
Look beyong partisan politics, call a spade a spade.
Is it that you were not born with sense, or you were born with sense and you lost it, or you have sense but it works only at night, or you've never had sense before? Or you will never have sense in your lifetime?

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by maisauki: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2019
Efort in futility! U supose sue d constitution wey giv govanors and president imunity...NANSENS!
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by simplyhonest(m): 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2019
ok
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by Dino98: 1:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
Siddeek:
Abeg they should free Ganduje Jor. They just want to use politics to tarnish his image. Why didn't they come up with the issue all these while? Why wait until the eve of elections? Whether the video is real or fake,the fact is that both present and past governors do receive kickbacks through different methods. Free Ganduje. He has done more than enough for the people of Kano state. If my state governor will steal and do half of what Ganduje has done in kano state, we will be very happy.

Please I'm interested to know things he has done...can u enlighten me?? I have no idea on what's going on in the north.
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by Racoon(m): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
Gandollar the babanriga dollar bribe stuffing crook thinks everyone is a zombie.
Meanwhile,
-1)."President Muhammadu Buhari......has mentioned that Kano State governor, Umar Ganduje is a responsible leader despite allegations of the governor receiving bribes putting his position in question...."
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/kano-gov-is-very-responsible-buhari-passes-vote-of-confidence-on-ganduje/amp

-2)."...Ganduje Also, a high-ranking member of the state chapter of party claimed the alleged dollar bribes were donations made for political campaigns in the state...."
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/we-wont-substitute-ganduje-over-bribe-allegation-apc/

-3).“Personally I would like to see the contractor come out and say ‘yes I am the one and I gave him so and so amount’. I would like to see that but that has not yet happened.

In any case, when it comes to the investigation of the governor, I think we have institutions that have been established for that. We have the EFCC particularly for that.

https://punchng.com/kano-assembly-not-equipped-to-probe-ganduje-says-sagay/

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=lilianofentse post=76459577][/quote]
Really? Read again,this time with your eyes half closed

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by lilianofentse(f): 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2019
Shibaraba:
Really? Read again,this time with your eyes half closed
omg
Re: Ganduje Bribery Video: HEDA Sues CJN by mytime24(f): 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2019
d video is fake says

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onnoghen: Buhari Must Extend Probe To Other Judges – Sans / Osun Accuses Oyetola’s Team Of Looting Government Property / What Did You Do With Your Increased Allocations? FG Asks PDP Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.