Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,381 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? (7452 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by spoilt(f): 4:22am On May 04, 2007
love alone does not pay the mortgage or put porridge in your bowls! grin
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by uspry1(f): 7:04am On May 04, 2007
There are 5 top reasons leading cause of marital unhappiness and divorce---not just 9ja, everywhere in the world:

1. failure financial compromise. (too many disagreements or arguement without sitting down to resolve money issues)

2. incompatible relationship. (different religious, different beliefs, different race, different tribe, etc.)

3. infidelity/adultery

4. lack of communication (too little or never)

5. sexual satisfactory (low sex drive, high sex drive, or inexperience in sex)
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by omoge(f): 11:46am On May 04, 2007
lol na big true you talk o babyosisi

imagine not having money to pay in western world like USA where BILLS is everything and unending? can't tell your landlord i don't have money to pay for the apartment or the mortgage company i don't have money to pay for the house. it's not easy when you can't afford things when you are married, ha the kids dey there too. Lack of money sure cause unhappiness in marriage. it's a starter of many headache. no money to pay bills, for good food etc. so much will be on your mind that even sex which people believe is important in marriage will be a distant thing. oh well lack of money, that's tough.

babyosisi:

Money is definitely not everything but the lack of it is catastrophic in any marriage.
Girls please do not marry a jobless man.
When the chips are down, love will not turn into a plate of jollof rice!!

Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Echidime(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2007
The course is improper TRADITIONAL WEDDING which make both couples commited to each other, not money. If you marry because of money , you will go when the money will finish. Remember nothing last forever except the LOVE of GOD on our life, that love is what we share with each other husband and wife.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Mamas(f): 3:04pm On May 04, 2007
yah but not all the time.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by unixcrew3(m): 12:06am On May 05, 2007
[b][/b] I THINK THIS IS A VERY ISSUE WE MUST FACE IN OUR SOCIETY TODAY, LET'S BE REALISTIC FOR ONCE IF YOU TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT NIGERIA GIRLS TODAY SORRY TO SAY THIS, 80% OF THE GIRLS BELIEVE MONEY IS EVERYTHING WHICH IS NOT SO. BASED ON MY OWN IDEAS I THINK GOING FOR THE MONEY IS NOT WORTH IT COZ THE MONEY CAN STILL FINISH SOMEDAY DEPENDING ON THE SOURCE HE'S MAKING THE MONEY FROM, WHAT REALL MATTERS IS WHAT THE PERSON DO FOR A LIVING. NIGERIAN IS A BAD PLACE WHERE WHERE EVERYBODY THINKS YOU USE MONEY TO MAKE MONEY, WHITE MEN BELIVE YOU USE YOUR KNOLEDGE TO MAKE MONEY. WANNA SLEEP NOW IT'S LATE, I'LL SAY MORE SOON.

Unix Crew Team (Irc Opper)

Peace Out
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by promise72(m): 7:56am On May 05, 2007
Marriage is like and engine. Money is the engine oil that lubricates. It has to be in appriopriate/moderation for a well oiled machine. No more no less.
Little problem will be overblown if thers no money in the marriage. Divorce will not be too far down the road.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by mazaje(m): 1:51pm On May 05, 2007
I will still say it again and again money is extreamly important in a marriage setting with out it a marriage will crumble, not necessarily through divorce but there wont be happiness and there will be too much bitterness.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by DeGlory(f): 5:09pm On May 08, 2007
@ Trea_z I am not married as well but i know that in this World we are, Money is power , it answers almost all question.

Yeah every one says Money is the root to all evil, but i believe that the lack of money is da root to all evil.
So the lack of money can be a cause of Marital unhappiness if the couples allows it to be

LOVE IS STRONGER THAN MONEY, LOVE over Comes ALL THINGS !

Is there Genuine love in that marriage?
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by blacklion(m): 4:30am On Feb 12, 2008
Girls please do not marry a jobless man. When the chips are down, love will not turn into a plate of jollof rice!!

Yes, that's an Igbo chick talking!!! grin
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by emiemi(f): 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2008
I would say i disagree that the lack of money in a home is the leading cause of divorce although in the absence of it, the marriage might suffer some 'tribulations', God help if the woman is a 'high taste madam'. There are still some families where u'll find are just 'ok' financially but they are quite happy with one other(husband, wife and kids) and on the other hand, rich families where there isn't happinessat all. It's all a matter of what brought the two people together in the first place, love or money?
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by omena555(f): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2008
i wld say that the chief causes of marital unhappiness is
1) lack of effective communication
2) not appreciated ur partner
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by almondjoy(f): 4:36am On Feb 18, 2008
omena555:

i would say that the chief causes of marital unhappiness is
1) lack of effective communication
2) not appreciated your partner

You can forgive those if money dey now. tongue If no money, no amount of communicaion and appreciation will prevent you from fighting every morning before you brush your teeth. cheesy

I agree. Money palaver is the #1 culprit in damaging marital relationship. Even worse than infidelity.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 18, 2008
no money,no love
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 18, 2008
Bob Marley sang no woman,no cry

me I say
no money,no love grin
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:27am On Oct 24, 2008
That's not news. . . . . embarassed

Tell me something I don't know. . . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Angolobabe(f): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2008
I personally think money is very important part in any relationship including marriage ,without money u can hardly do anything  and poverty is not good so therefore it can lead to unhappiness and divorce but unfaithfulness is the highest cause of most divorce.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Shinatu: 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2008
The issue is that many men (at least in Africa) are not taught to do any other thing in the family apart from providing money for the family's upkeep.The woman will endure most of her husband's short comings as long as her children are  being taken care of financially. but once he is not able to do that anymore, she does not see the reason to continue to take all the 'shit' because the man becomes useless to her.

A way out is for men to seize to be mere meal tickets, they should get involved in some of the activities in the home and be supportive to their spouses so that the woman sees you as a backbone that she cannot do without with or without a pay check!
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2008
Money, Money?

Why are you Money?
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by abujabooks(f): 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2008
Yes. Lack of money can lead to divorce.
A woman that stays with a man who used to be rich and now, poor, LOVES d man.

I am married & I know that, temporary setback in terms of money, can definitely strain the marriage.

If you are not married & u have money issues, u can return to your parents' house until you sort out your money problems.

When you are married with kids, it is not that easy. You will want to stay in d marriage until u can't anymore.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by eewule(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2011
Shinatu:

The issue is that many men (at least in Africa) are not taught to do any other thing in the family apart from providing money for the family's upkeep.The woman will endure most of her husband's short comings as long as her children are  being taken care of financially. but once he is not able to do that anymore, she does not see the reason to continue to take all the 'poo' because the man becomes useless to her.

A way out is for men to seize to be mere meal tickets, they should get involved in some of the activities in the home and be supportive to their spouses so that the woman sees you as a backbone that she cannot do without with or without a pay check!

So you mean that the man should be both: the bread winner and a helper in the house ? and what does the lady do ? sit on her fat ass and enjoy?
, I think guys should make sure we marry lady's that can contribute.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by eewule(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2011
I believe the reality of this matter is that: Only marriages that were inspired by money will break-up without money. Marriages that were inspired by love will NOT break apart later, because of absence of money.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Bawss1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2011
The leading cause of divorce is marriage. cool
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2011
Bawss1:

The leading cause of divorce is marriage. cool

grin

the second leading cause is money.
Re: Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2011
It could be

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four Year Old Boy Tries To Molest Sister And Mum! / 100 Most Influential Nigerians / How Can A Nagging Husband Be Tamed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.