Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign (1819 Views)

Patience Jonathan Commences Packing Out Of Aso Villa / [PHOTOS] Patience Jonathan Commences Parking Out Of Presidential Villa / Patience Jonathan Commences Packing Out Of Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by Beaf: 3:01am On Sep 01, 2010
[size=14pt]Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign [/size]
Written by Peter Eledan
Tuesday, 31 August 2010 20:00

Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign has embraced innovative technologies that will help him connect with voters, volunteers and supporters. President Goodluck Jonathan has commenced its online campaign as part of his activities towards winning the hearts of Nigerians most especially those who utilise the internet, handheld devices, social media and email for Keeping up to date with information regarding next year’s elections.

The online campaign being anchored by a group called Goodluck Jonathan Global Campaign Team (GJGCT) on its website http://www.goodluckjonathanfor2011.com said the site was developed specially to mobilize the Nigerian youths and other Nigerians at home and abroad in supporting the President’s aspiration and increase his international campaign awareness.

The site explains and answers many questions about the achievements of Goodluck Jonathan within the last few couple of months of the present administration and has urged every Nigerian on the internet to access it. The site affords people an opportunity to share their thoughts on important issues and respond to the administration’s policy and ideas. More than 500,000 people visited the site in the first month of its launch.

In recent months, GJGCT with the help of its strategic partners have issued announcements about the Goodluck Jonathan campaign's use of innovative technology. To be precise, some observers say Jonathan has raised the bar to new heights with the use of interactive web tools in the history or the country’s elections. Jonathan's grip of new technology seems to reflect his connection to Nigeria’s young voters. “We are really targeting the under-30 crowd".

Goodluck Jonathan’s Digital Online presidential campaign is more than a major social media milestone because it ushered in a new relationship amongst voters and their supporters. Due to social media, an unparalleled number of individuals will have a new kind of active, direct role in Jonathan’s campaign; moreover, I predict that the Goodluck Jonathan online and social media campaign strategy will bring Jonathan closer to all Nigerians both home and abroad in contributing directly to the political process and developments in the country.

The global group chairman in United Kingdom, Mr Peter Eledan told the news men that with the site’s use of social media, and digital activities; it would be easier to penetrate many homes in Nigeria because a sizeable number of Nigerians are hooked on handheld devices, internet, email and mobile services.

The mission of the group as stated by the chairman includes establishing President Jonathan’s respect for Nigerian Development, good governance, social and constitutional Development, and its passion for justice and rule of law.

In order to enhance President Jonathan’s public image, The Goodluck Jonathan Global Campaign team will carry out innovation communication utilising videos, media and other web channels.

The Goodluck Jonathan Global Campaign team’s use of social media and other digital tools is an indication of how President Goodluck Jonathan’s next administration will operate. With online campaigning, Peter says, Jonathan's use of technology to connect with Nigerian electorate is "very unique,” What you get is a perfect matching of philosophy, messaging and technology.

http://www.release-news.com/index.php/society/26811-goodluck-jonathan-commences-online-digital-campaign.html
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by Beaf: 3:02am On Sep 01, 2010
Lovely website. Wicked! cool
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 01, 2010
clueless man

90% of nigeria's electorate do not have access to the internet.

those that do are either out of the country or unlikely to vote

he seems to think that he can run obama's model

anyway, this may just be all a spoof so that whenhe is selected in by the do or die party, he can use his 'internet support' to claim credibility for the flawed 'selections'
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by chosen04(f): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2010
oyb:

clueless man

anyway, this may just be all a spoof so that whenhe is selected in by the do or die party, he can use his 'internet support' to claim credibility for the flawed 'selections'

GBAM . . . . . . . .Remain Blessed!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by naso2(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2010
[size=70pt]GOODLUCK NIGERIA[/size]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by Akanbiedu(m): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2010
What do expect from a man that has never contested before?

oyb:

clueless man

All those FB people. I laugh in Yoruba.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by PapaBrowne(m): 9:51am On Sep 01, 2010
oyb:

clueless man

Sometimes people speak so confident in their ignorance because they lack access to qualitative data.

44 Million Nigerians have access to the internet! Thats a statement from International Telecommunications Union.
[url]http://www.itnewsafrica.com/?p=8555
[/url]
FYI, that is almost 70% of the projected registered voters!! Lets us account for under 18s and reduce the percentage figure to 25 million voters with access to the internet.By any count, that is a massive figure and anybody that chooses to ignore the internet in his campaign strategy is doing so at his own peril.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2010
desperate nders throwing about spurious statistics.

44 million nigerians have access to internet

must be in a twilight zone

a country of 200 million with widespread poverty that these hypocrites were always commenting on before their man becanme president, and these liars want us to belive that a fifth of nigerias population have computers and internet connections

keep defending your coward by calling him quiet

we sha know who makes the noise/wears the trousers in his household - th
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by Beaf: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2010
oyb:

a country of 200 million with widespread poverty that these hypocrites were always commenting on before their man becanme president, and these liars want us to belive that a fifth of nigerias population have computers and internet connections

keep defending your coward by calling him quiet

we sha know who makes the noise/wears the trousers in his household - th

Obtuse and lacking.
. . .Just as I said, rubbish sneers, backed by empty words. The usual suspects with their street corner talk, zero ideas and zero impact.

I am happy that for once, Nigeria has a President that is forward looking.
I am challenging nay sayers to talk down the NNPC reorg and its immediate industrial/business dividends (you can't).
I am challenging you to talk down the massive improvements in fuel supply and prices (you can't).
I am challenging you to talk down the massive improvements in electricity supply (you can't).
I am challenging you to put the Power roadmap and the 700 Kilovolt super grid down (you can't).
I am challenging you to put Jonathans vision in the Sovereign Wealth Fund to shame (you can't).
I am challenging you to name any of our Presidents that has achieved more in 3 years, than Jonathan has in 3 months (you can't).
I am challenging you to provide logic to your criticism of Jonathan (you can't).

Take each of the points I have listed above and lets see how logical you can be about your "fashionable" position; anyone can mouth inanities, go on! I'd love to see you fail. grin

[size=21pt]Goodluck for 2011!!![/size]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by AjanleKoko: 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2010
oyb:

From computers, roughly about 14 million Nigerians access the Internet.
From phones, we are not sure, but now we are having stats from Opera Mini saying as much as 10 million users browse from their mobile using Opera Mini every month.

Facebakers.com says we have almost 2m Nigerians registered on Facebook.
The last elections had roughly about 30m voters, check this link and add the totals per candidate: http://africanelections.tripod.com/ng.html

There may be something in this online thing o . . .
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Commences Online Digital Campaign by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 02, 2010

I am happy that for once, Nigeria has a President that is forward looking.
I am challenging nay sayers to talk down the NNPC reorg and its immediate industrial/business dividends (you can't).
I am challenging you to talk down the massive improvements in fuel supply and prices (you can't).
I am challenging you to talk down the massive improvements in electricity supply (you can't).
I am challenging you to put the Power roadmap and the 700 Kilovolt super grid down (you can't).
I am challenging you to put Jonathans vision in the Sovereign Wealth Fund to shame (you can't).
I am challenging you to name any of our Presidents that has achieved more in 3 years, than Jonathan has in 3 months (you can't).
I am challenging you to provide logic to your criticism of Jonathan (you can't).

Take each of the points I have listed above and lets see how logical you can be about your "fashionable" position; anyone can mouth inanities, go on! I'd love to see you fail

i will save this and post it in jan 2012, when your man is in office and nothing has been done. then you will start mumbling about how difficult nigeria is to geovern.if he was not from your region, you would see through all these empty campaign promises

was he not part of the 7 point agenda administration? puhleeze

stop confusing campaigning with leadership

The last elections had roughly about 30m voters, check this link and add the totals per candidate: http://africanelections.tripod.com/ng.html

but remember we had fela, mike tyson, bill clinton and co voting as well cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why Africa Is Behind The World. / Katsina State Cpc Vs Gov. Shema’s Pdp / Chris Ngige For Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.