Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration (10456 Views)

More on how Daura Plotted With Saraki To Embarrass The Buhari Presidency - SR / How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani / Five Executive Orders Issued By The Buhari Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by rodeo0070(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2019
Today, Friday, March 8, 2019, is International Women’s Day.

International Women’s Day is commemorated around the world annually, as a day to celebrate the potential, the accomplishments and the progress of women, and to highlight the utmost importance of creating a world that presents EQUAL OPPORTUNITY for women and men.

The theme for the 2019 Edition is BALANCE FOR BETTER, highlighting the all-important quest for a gender-balanced world.

Here is the spotlight on 31 female appointees spearheading and implementing some of the Buhari Administration’s most important programme and policy efforts.

Everything from cleaning up dysfunctional pensions systems, to upgrading Nigeria’s seaports, to the Social Investment Programme (the largest in Africa and one of the fastest growing in the world), to the pioneering advances in diaspora engagement, to game-changing off-grid energy solutions, and many more – are being initiated and implemented in this Administration by women appointed to public office by President Buhari.

These phenomenal women have contributed immensely to the successes of the administration; without their vision and drive and hard work the, story would be a very different one; a much less successful and inspiring narrative.

In the NEXT LEVEL, President Buhari has assured he will ensure that more women are given opportunities within the Administration.

Below we list thirty-one (31) of the most high-profile female appointees of the Buhari Administration:

THE IWD 2019 LIST – The Buhari Administration Edition

- Zainab Ahmed, Honourable Minister of Finance

- Aisha Abubakar, Honourable Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development

- Winifred Oyo-Ita, Head of the Civil Service of the Federation

- Marilyn Amobi, Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria Bulk Electricity Trading Plc (NBET)

- Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)

- Sharon Ikeazor, Executive Secretary, Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD)

- Toyin Adeniji, Executive Director, Micro Enterprises, Bank of Industry (Oversees the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme, GEEP)

- Aishah Ahmad, Deputy Governor, Financial System Stability, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)

- Mojisola Adeyeye, Director General, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)

- Stella Okotete, Executive Director, Business Development, NEXIM Bank

- Juliet Ibekaku, Special Assistant to the President on Justice Reform and the National Coordinator, Open Government Partnership (OGP)

- Gloria Akobundu, National Coordinator/Chief Executive of New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD), Nigeria

- Nnenna Akajemeli, National Coordinator/ CEO, SERVICOM.

- Ronke Sokefun, Chairperson, Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC)

- Azuka Obageli Azinge, Acting Registrar-General, Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)

- Abike Dabiri, Chairperson and CEO, National Diaspora Commission

- Jumoke Oduwole, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Industry, Trade and Investment, and Secretary of the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC)

- Patience Oniha, Director-General, Debt Management Office (DMO)

- Damilola Ogunbiyi, Managing Director, Rural Electrification Agency (REA)

- Yewande Sadiku, Executive Secretary, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC)

- Mariam Uwais, Special Adviser to the President on Social Investment

- Fatima Waziri-Azi, Rule of Law Advisor, Office of the Vice President

- Julie Okah-Donli, Director-General, National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP)

- Hadiza Bala-Usman, Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA)

- Amina Ado, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Oil and Gas

- Edirin Akemu, Coordinator, Nigerian Industrial Policy and Competitiveness Advisory Council

- Lucy Omosefe-Ajayi, Executive Director, Lagos International Trade Fair Complex Management Board

- Folashade Joseph, Managing Director, Nigeria Agriculture Insurance Corporation (NAIC)

- Cecilia Gaya, Director-General, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)

- Rahimatu Aminu-Aliyu, Executive Director, Loans and Mortgage Services, Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN)

- Kemi Nelson, Executive Director, Operations, Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/03/08/international-womens-day-2019-women-in-the-buhari-administration/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
Here is the spotlight on 31 female appointees spearheading and implementing some of the Buhari Administration’s most important programme and policy efforts.
This is simply UNPRECEDENTED!
Kudos to the President.
God bless Nigeria.

In other news,
As we celebrate INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY today,
Our dear ladies , especially the younger ones should download and save this picture below on their phones now.
As they see it everyday and work towards a bright and rewarding future in whatever sector they chose,
It is all worth it, as they take the step to become someone in life.
These are the REAL role models you need in life,
THE REAL SLAY QUEENS!!

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by rhymestech: 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
I never knew this Government has lots of women working as key members of this administration.

Kudos

9 Likes

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by freemanbubble: 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
Only two Bini women

Uwais
And omosefe
Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by DjAduba(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
Wow the guy try for them...Said Baba

2 Likes

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by Olamsoh: 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2019
A number of things jumped out at me from the 2018 WAEC rankings.

1. All 5 South East states are in the top 10.
2. The South West has only 1 state in the top 10.
3. No northern state made it to the top 10.
4. 6 of the 10 states are PDP governed states.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by MNDY(m): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2019
Happy Mothers Day "Ain't no woman alive that can take my mother's place."

1 Like

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by freemanbubble: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2019
Olamsoh:

APC supporters nor dey one go school

Them be thugs

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by evwodere(m): 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
.. Mk una see women with difference. So called slay queens them, Una no go get better role model oo. Na 2 naked lyk craze b una hobby.
Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by utenwuson: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
Girls should look up to emulate this women up there... Not some Linda baby mamas

2 Likes

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by Sammy07: 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2019
Olamsoh:

You're really dumb...
Do you think waec is credible now...

Beside my house is a computer shop owner, he registers for weac, neco, jamb and NABTEB, I help him do most registrations..

all are Miracle centre except UTME...

stop saying nonsense....!
90% of Waec /Neco results ain't clean...

only few schools, don't do miracle centre.

I won't believe any waec ranking until they introduce CBT or E -Marking(Not credible either)...

Take a look at UTME, its really hard you see the answers b4 exam.

16 Likes

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by Topmaike007(m): 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2019
Baba get alot of women
Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by Onyeozichukwu(f): 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2019
rhymestech:
I never knew this Government has lots of women working as key members of this administration.

Kudos

Even me, I am surprised to see all these names.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by thaoriginator: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2019
Me can swear pon mi life me never play fi nuh other side. Woman alone me give me love. Me Nuh go through the back door
Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by YorubaMyKids: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
Sammy07:

[s]You're really dumb...
Do you think waec is credible now...[/s]

Beside my house is a computer shop owner, he registers for weac, neco, jamb and NABTEB, I help him do most registrations..

all are Miracle centre except UTME...

stop saying nonsense....!
90% of Waec /Neco results ain't clean...

only few schools, don't do miracle centre.

I won't believe any waec ranking until they introduce CBT or E -Marking(Not credible either)...

Take a look at jamb, its really hard you see the answers b4 exam.

So waec is no longer credible because you cannot compete with kids in the SE intellectually. Go and sleep pls this is not APC appointments that you scramble for, this is waec exam, it knows no tribe nor religion, what you deserve is what you get, no time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by YorubaMyKids: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
Olamsoh:

I swear you are right. Very soon all first five will be South East States. By God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by Sammy07: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
YorubaMyKids:

So waec is no longer credible because you cannot compete with kids in the SE intellectually. Go and sleep pls this is not APC appointments that you scramble for, this is waec exam, it knows no tribe nor religion, what you deserve is what you get, no time.

Still dumb...
if you wish to argue further...

Provide me List of candidates that had highest scores in UTME from 2005 - date....

2 Likes

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by MxreR: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2019
Traitor shut up and view Owerri cheesy

YorubaMyKids:

I swear you are right. Very soon all first five will be South East States. By God's grace.

5 Likes

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by YorubaMyKids: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2019
Sammy07:

Still dumb...
if you wish to argue further...

Provide me List of candidates that had highest scores in jamb from 2005 - date....

So jamb is the credible one now?
Jamb?

1 Like

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by YorubaMyKids: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2019
MxreR:

You are an Enemy within

Traitor

Ifeajuna

*Chino*

Sellout

1 Like

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by minwafor: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2019
It is very poor. Just 2 ministers out of 36? It is just wrong.

1 Like

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by MxreR: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2019

[s]
YorubaMyKids:

You are an Enemy within

Traitor

Ifeajuna

*Chino*

Sellout
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by YorubaMyKids: 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2019
MxreR:

[s][/s]

You are an Enemy within

Traitor

Ifeajuna

*Chino*

Sellout

1 Like

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by Sammy07: 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
YorubaMyKids:

Jamb?

Utme is more credible than waec/neco/NABTEB...

when was the last time you see utme answers online??

where did you see private centres for utme candidates unlike waec/neco/NABTEB...

I'm not disputing the fact that SE kids are intelligent.
but don't always put everything as tribal,

1 Like

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by MxreR: 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2019

[s]
YorubaMyKids:

You are an Enemy within

Traitor

Ifeajuna

*Chino*

Sellout
[/s]

1 Like

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by MxreR: 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2019

[s]
YorubaMyKids:

Jamb?
[/s]

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by YorubaMyKids: 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2019
MxreR:

[s][/s]

You are an Enemy within

Traitor

Ifeajuna

*Chino*

Sellout
Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by MxreR: 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2019

[s]
YorubaMyKids:

You are an Enemy within

Traitor

Ifeajuna

*Chino*

Sellout
[/s]

Re: International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration by YorubaMyKids: 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2019
Sammy07:

Utme is more credible than waec/neco/NABTEB...

when was the last time you see utme answers online??

where did you see private centres for utme candidates unlike waec/neco/NABTEB...

I'm not disputing the fact that SE kids are intelligent.
but don't always put everything as tribal,

Jamb that even a 44 years old man is permitted to write? How credible do you think that can be for the actual kids of that year's exam

Say something else biko.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

South-East Farmers Demand ₦9 Billion From FG Over Herdsmen’s Menace / Northern Elders Bemoan Insecurity, Ask Buhari To Resign / 2023: Taraba CAN, Party Chieftain Criticize Tinubu Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.