Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,845 members, 7,828,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. (36111 Views)

Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? / See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? / See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by david22uu(m): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
So am in level 2 going to level 3 and i just saw my cgpa, it's 4.73 and the guy leading my department has 4.84. My dream is to graduate as the best student in my department. So how do i overtake. Am studying accounting.

Please go and develop your self and stp fighting for first position in the class... Have u ever asked ur self why the first class students are never business owners....because u are thinking only in one direction, how to overtake somebody in studies

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Ishilove: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
So am in level 2 going to level 3 and i just saw my cgpa, it's 4.73 and the guy leading my dpartment has 4.84. My dream is to graduate as the best student in my department. So how do i overtake. Am studying accounting.
Be the best because you want to be the best at what you do, and not because you want to be praised for being the best.

5 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
So am in level 2 going to level 3 and i just saw my cgpa, it's 4.73 and the guy leading my dpartment has 4.84. My dream is to graduate as the best student in my department. So how do i overtake. Am studying accounting.

After becoming the best graduating then what next? Bro out here in the real world it's a different ball game, place less emphasis on that best graduating rubbish and start concentrating your efforts on real world application of your accounting discipline.

How many people have you networked with in your dream career path? How many accounting societies or conferences have you partook in? How many certifications have you acquired or are you planning to write? Those are the things you should focus your energy on, go out and know people, otherwise you may end up feeling betrayed with your first class, God forbid that tho.

2 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by JerryJJZ(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:

Am sure you won't take my advice... but the best way to overtake him is for you to disenfranchise yourself from the thought of merely overtaking him. assume the position that you are not in a competition, and of course, you are not! Concentrate on yourself and leave him and his G.P in peace.... Peace be unto you!!!
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 13, 2019
Actuarydeji:
What will that earn you in this country? There are a lot of first class graduate in the street, while will have a graduate with Pass doing well in an Oil company. Just pray to God to bless your efforts. I started my first year with 4.51 and since then I told God to bless it for me and I stopped reading like the way I used to do like before. Glory be to God, He answered all my prayers during my undergraduate and bless me with a 6 digits job and also with a managerial role. Please, always tell God to bless your efforts and not the grade. Funny enough, we only produced crammers and not a potential first class. Let me quickly ask you this; how many academic publication did you have? How many problem have you proffer a lasting solution to in respect to Accounting as a course? You rely on the archaic lecture note you lecturers are using to teach you and you are here telling us how good you're in cramming. Go and watch "The three idiots".
my best movie
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by ajayiopy: 10:17am On Mar 13, 2019
TRY MORE,PRAY FOR GRACE AND MOVE CLOSER TO THE GUY TO LEARN MORE.DONT ENVY HIM BUT PRAY TO GOD FOR MORE GRACE AND DIRECTION.
ABOVE ALL DEVELOP YOURSELF because CERTIFICATE ALONE CANNOT DO IT.
DEVELOP GOOD RAPPORT WITH GUYS IN 2.2 LEVEL AND THIRD CLASS because THOSE ARE CONNECTED .
I GRADUATED WITH 4.21 FROM FUTA ,MME DEPT. BUT TODAY AM IN A BANK DOING GREAT.
BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP ETC.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by aceshoppy(m): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2019
if you need latest job post updates visit here https://www.delhigovtjobs.com
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Icon4s(m): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
Thanks for the good and bad comments. The said guy is my friend and am not jealous of him, i just want to know how it feels to be leading your department. [b]I know having a high gp doesn't mean anythin[/b]g and does not guarantee you a job after graduation but that doesn't mean i should not read to pass my exams. Am already thinking of life after school.
And please am a small boy(would turn 19 by july), some of your words are too harsh but thanks for your comments anyways.

Son, I like ur competitive spirit and would really be proud of you if you are my biological son.

Don't let anyone deceive you that a good result doesn't mean anything. It means a lot! That is the major essence of you studying hard in school. A good or excellent result is a major first step in life!

Don't worry about the rumors of first class graduates roaming about the streets because there are also a large number who are very successful in life.

I love your spirit. Stay competitive and always strive to be the best in EVERYTHING and at EVERY LEVEL you find yourself. That is how Succesful people are made.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Icon4s(m): 10:26am On Mar 13, 2019
kentoski:

After becoming the best graduating then what next? Bro out here in the real world it's a different ball game, place less emphasis on that best graduating rubbish and start concentrating your efforts on real world application of your accounting discipline.

How many people have you networked with in your dream career path? How many accounting societies or conferences have you partook in? How many certifications have you acquired or are you planning to write? Those are the things you should focus your energy on, go out and know people, otherwise you may end up feeling betrayed with your first class, God forbid that tho.

It is one step at a time bro. He cannot be focusing on "the real world" when he is supposed to be focusing on his studies. Striving to always be the best in school often translates to striving to always be the best in "the real world".

4 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by bluefilm: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:

Stop lying.

For someone who writes such nonsense as "Am studying..." instead of "I am studying...", your GP cannot be more than 1.5.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by akdjr(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2019
Mine was divided by 2 of what you're not comfortable with so. But I thank God no body can ever boost of any grade to me coz I had all ABCDEF.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by handsomebanana(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
Thanks for the good and bad comments. The said guy is my friend and am not jealous of him, i just want to know how it feels to be leading your department. I know having a high gp doesn't mean anything and does not guarantee you a job after graduation but that doesn't mean i should not read to pass my exams. Am already thinking of life after school.
And please am a small boy(would turn 19 by july), some of your words are too harsh but thanks for your comments anyways.

What department
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by being(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2019
Baba deny his adulthood sharply say hin b small boi grin Nairaland!! harsh set of people cultured by buhari's economy.

Well truth is competition is natural to most people but you see it's not worth it to base your life in sch or after sch on trying to be better than another.
Read, do well do your best & be happy.

xammax:
Thanks for the good and bad comments. The said guy is my friend and am not jealous of him, i just want to know how it feels to be leading your department. I know having a high gp doesn't mean anything and does not guarantee you a job after graduation but that doesn't mean i should not read to pass my exams. Am already thinking of life after school.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by CsRockefeller(m): 10:30am On Mar 13, 2019
OneCorner:
It’s people like u dat normally end up as lesson teacher or graduate selling puff puff
And people will now be saying, and he knows book oo

Guy! You just told my story. Felt like you were referring to me. So sad.

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by cleanclean(m): 10:31am On Mar 13, 2019
young man, planning to graduate as the best student in your department is good but it shouldn't be through competition. In my opinion, First class is same whether as the best graduating student or not.

I graduated with First class too in my time (CGPA 4.75) but as I write to you now, I earn four times plus what our best graduating student is earning now.

At the end, its all about being happy and fulfilled which to a large extent depends on how much the First class is giving you.

Ask God for divine grace, favour, connection and even luck because I have many people with much lower grades than mine that are working in the same company/position with me.

I wish you success in your plan but remember in some departments, the higher you go the more confusing it becomes but you are in 200 Level going to 300 level please.

4 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by mema900: 10:32am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:

Its not worth it my dear.....its a chase of wind
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by beeyourduhn(m): 10:32am On Mar 13, 2019
Are you an undergraduate in Nigeria looking to apply your skills with a global organisation ?
How far do you want your career to go?

At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, we’ll match your drive and ambition to where you can make a real impact.

If you’d like to find out more, Bank of America Merrill Lynch is hosting a presentation and networking event on for Nigerian undergraduates on 15 April 2019 in Nigeria.

To register to attend the event, visit http://tlt.mn/bcp19 to apply and submit your CV
before 20 March, 2019.

Share this with undergraduates you know
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by somiblaze(m): 10:33am On Mar 13, 2019
Dvd4:
Congrats! It's not C.G.P.A yet, it's G.P. By the way, which school?

It's C.G.P.A and not G.P. the op is in 200l going to 300l, hence he had spent at least 2 semester in the schl.
C.G.P.A is a combination of at least 2 semester's G.P.A while G.P is just on semester.

My advice to the op is to strive had to maintain this C.G.P.A, keep improving on it not minding what his colleagues C.G.P.As are.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 13, 2019
small pikin. the person who got the best job in my set had 3.51 hahahahhah. some of the first class today are frustrated part time lecturers
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by joshuaidibia(m): 10:37am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
You dey mad ni. 4.73 and you dey complain. I graduated with a third class now I'm working in Total. Grace overtakes a Cgpa of 5.0. You better be grateful my friend. See this man. No just make me find u come school o.

2 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Godsknight(m): 10:37am On Mar 13, 2019
Baselm:

Graduating as the best student in your department is no guarantee to success in life, the award might only give you an edge when applying for certain scholarships like ptdf. What you need to do now is to focus on life after school, Improve your communication skills,get a mentor who is practicing your preferred occupation and learn from real life situations, start a business if possible, keep reading and maintain your first class. You might still graduate as the best in your department if you are destined to.

I wasted my university days on stuffs like this too,the only competition I'm in now is with myself. I have to keep being a better person everyday.
you are very correct my brother.... he is running a race that will never produce a winner in the long run. after 5 years , first class certificate without work experience is valueless.... academic qualifications cannot be compared to work experience

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by jaybanky(m): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:

Good is d greatest enemy of best... Take away d fact that u want to overtake me.. Do well in ur CA, Attendance and final Get d Needed scores in ur Exams dat will give u A's after d total summation of scores from Attendance+CA+Exam

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Teymanhenry(f): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
your first class degree is yours,so is he's but know that your class of degree is not a guarantee to success.what can you offer is the main thing. With my first class,my boss is an HND holder and he's a programming guru..my cert dey house joor
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by udemzyudex(m): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2019
Don't do competition with anybody, the next level is not always easy so you need to study hard.

After the end of the semester a good student will know where he or she is lacking behind, I believe you already know this, so work on that.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by MufasaRebirth: 10:46am On Mar 13, 2019
Joshmodest:
Bro chillax , I don't mean to discourage you , but GP no dey find work for pesin.....life pass all this stuff, slow down and just chill , Our President today no even get waec..
Hahahaha Nigga why grin grin
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 13, 2019
OneCorner:
It’s people like u dat normally end up as lesson teacher or graduate selling puff puff
ma guygrin u fit burst pesin stomach wit laugh
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by frankele(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2019
ajulu8000:
Life is not competition....try your best bro...if its your it's yours...First class Na First class....I finished with 4.51 and I don't regret having it. Goodluck

Senior Ajulu Femi From FSTC Ikare Akoko right??
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by blackbee222: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
Work harder and get closer to the person
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by xammax(m): 10:52am On Mar 13, 2019
Icon4s:

Son, I like ur competitive spirit and would really be proud of you if you are my biological son.

Don't let anyone deceive you that a good result doesn't mean anything. It means a lot! That is the major essence of you studying hard in school. A good or excellent result is a major first step in life!

Don't worry about the rumors of first class graduates roaming about the streets because there are also a large number who are very successful in life.

I love your spirit. Stay competitive and always strive to be the best in EVERYTHING and at EVERY LEVEL you find yourself. That is how Succesful people are made.

Thanks. And am not jealous of the guy, i don't why people are taking this too far.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by oluwamitomisin: 10:53am On Mar 13, 2019
This was what I was discussing with a friend on Sunday. Our society has 'trained' us to always be in competition with each other.
Ask yourself, are you not hating on this guy? Why not just get your own sh*t together, aim for good grades and let go the spirit to dethrone someone else.
What's after university pass first class my guy.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by ediko5(m): 10:53am On Mar 13, 2019
OneCorner:

Very brilliant comment. I have seen many of them. They think success in life about that bullshit called CGPA, most of them are completely empty when it comes to common sense.

So many people don't know that Nigerian universities is where people while away time, memorizing obsolete and deprecated knowledge just to collect a worthless certificate at the end of the period.

If you studied science or technical course in a Nigerian university and later worked in a standard industry, you will understand what i mean.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by anonymous1759(m): 10:53am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:

Don't Focus all your Energy to have first class put some in creativity. No salary man will ever pay you that will make you as rich as the billionaires ruling over the world and in Nigeria.... That's my advice but we all have different dreams cool cool

My dream is to retire dangote.. Save your Naira land account. And remember this post from Anonymously 1759...the future Richest man in Africa and top 5 in the world....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Check Out This Number Five Question From UNIUYO Philosophy Exam / OAU NASU Celebrates Omole's Exit From Office Today / Zambian School Boy Trapped In A Tree Cleft While Playing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.