Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. (36109 Views)

Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? / See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? / See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by ericmor: 10:55am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
Thanks for the good and bad comments. The said guy is my friend and am not jealous of him, i just want to know how it feels to be leading your department. I know having a high gp doesn't mean anything and does not guarantee you a job after graduation but that doesn't mean i should not read to pass my exams. Am already thinking of life after school.
And please am a small boy(would turn 19 by july), some of your words are too harsh but thanks for your comments anyways.

My first advice for you is to work on maintaining your CGPA and also register for ICAN to make yourself more relevant in the accounting system.

It doesn’t matter if u are a friend to the other person even getting close to the other person to know how he score higher grades than u could distract u and make u drop points self.

Check the courses u are not doing well and try improve on it and if it is courses that are not calculation then improve your words and handwriting and make them more clearly to your lecturers.

Lastly pray to God for more wisdom and understanding and success in life.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Gbengee: 10:55am On Mar 13, 2019
Please be selective when meeting people for advice, to say the truth first class is somehow overrated in this country. But the fact still remains that first class put you among the most favoured in the job market(check NNPC newly job recruitment criteria), it also open doors of opportunities.

Three of my friends that graduated with sound cgpa (either by cramming or by anything) are enjoying full scholarship in America University (up to PhD level) now with pay of about 850k monthly. So keep it up, don't enter competition with anyone make each semester your best, most importantly along with your stellar performance acquire valuable skill that will make you invaluable graduate. Best of luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by bravehost4u(m): 10:57am On Mar 13, 2019
Dvd4:
Congrats! It's not C.G.P.A yet, it's G.P. By the way, which school?

I too Sabi, see as you exposed your ignorance. It's CGPA oga sir.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by ghettochild4u(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2019
Buy Benz n use it to overtake.... No use Boeing ooooo
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Eazydlite(m): 11:04am On Mar 13, 2019
I have a friend with 5 CGPA and now we dey house together dey look for job. Nigeria as a country don't have value your points but potentials makes value for you.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by blingxx(m): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2019
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

Just reading through the comments....jeez! I love nairalanders what a collection of queer and dysfunctional characters...I would rather not be on any other social media platform save for this one.

You spoke my mind grin nairaland is a place you either get good advice or painful bashing that will fix up your life grin I can delete my Facebook and ig account but not Nairaland grin
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Olibboy: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2019
OneCorner:
Go and learn trade
Bad guy P
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2019
Is it that Nigerians don't understand common statistics or what, we just like to encourage mediocrity?
The reason you don't see first class graduates at the top echelon of life is because in the bigger scale of things they are the minority. At most 6-9% of Nigerian graduates yearly are first class, 20% are 2.1, The rest are 2.2 and 3rd class. That is to say you are more likely to see a successful 2.2 graduate than a first class because at the top echelon, the first class graduates are still the minority. Do not listen to anyone here telling you bullcrap. Aim higher and succeed. When you graduate you can use 12-16 months to build a sound portfolio before you start working. If you want to be the best ,be the best. I have told you. PS: I am not a first class graduate but a spade is a spade

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by blingxx(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2019
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Boss13: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2019
OneCorner:
It’s people like u dat normally end up as lesson teacher or graduate selling puff puff
And people will now be saying, and he knows book oo

Jealous soul
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Rilwayne001: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
Thanks for the good and bad comments. The said guy is my friend and am not jealous of him, i just want to know how it feels to be leading your department. I know having a high gp doesn't mean anything and does not guarantee you a job after graduation but that doesn't mean i should not read to pass my exams. Am already thinking of life after school.
And please am a small boy(would turn 19 by july), some of your words are too harsh but thanks for your comments anyways.

If you're able to maintain your 4.73 till you graduate, that makes you the best. What other best do you want?

Besides, studying accounting is interesting. I'm studying finance here, in my penultimate year and we do virtually everything together except that we do more of banking related courses. I noticed 100 and 200level are easy to because it's all more like still regurgitating on secondary school subjects, but in 300 level, they'll take it to advance level and you're expected to cope.

In essence, what I'm trying to say is that, even maintaining your current CGPA is a task on it's own talk more of leaving the real deal and chasing a fellow. What is more important is to focus on yourself now. How you'll combat the last 2 stages as the level gets tougher as it progresses.

What I'll advice you is to make friends with him so you guys can do things together and by that you two can maintain the good GP that you have. That should be more important now and not trying to overtake anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by blingxx(m): 11:17am On Mar 13, 2019
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Abyima(m): 11:18am On Mar 13, 2019
Bad belle everywhere. Abeg make una leave the guy joor. My year one result was very poor and ended up with a first class. People who had Good results in year one, I over shadowed them. Some ended up in 2.1 and I ended up in first class.

So my brother don't compare yourself with anyone. Do your best, pray and change your writing skill.

After my year one, I used queens English to confuse my Lecturers for high grades.

Be who you are, don't be concern about people's result, but about yours. Strive hard.

People mocking you about first class did not have it.
They are those students who will aim at making first class during the first year, then after the result is poor that first year, they will start saying "who first class epp"

Combine your first class with ur initiative, u will succeed. Success I wish you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by xtrim1: 11:19am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
So am in level 2 going to level 3 and i just saw my cgpa, it's 4.73 and the guy leading my dpartment has 4.84. My dream is to graduate as the best student in my department. So how do i overtake. Am studying accounting.
Start by fixing your command of English language. Know when to use I'm and am.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 13, 2019
Waksdabos:
Can l advice you? The competition is not worth it. It probably can't fetch you something tangible after graduation. Focus more on getting life skills. I focused my attention in getting good grades without considering life skills. Now am suffering for it.
bro, the Lord is your strength.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Rilwayne001: 11:20am On Mar 13, 2019
Gbengee:
Please be selective when meeting people for advice, to say the truth first class is somehow overrated in this country. But the fact still remains that first class put you among the most favoured in the job market(check NNPC newly job recruitment criteria), it also open doors of opportunities.

Three of my friends that graduated with sound cgpa (either by cramming or by anything) are enjoying full scholarship in America University (up to PhD level) now with pay of about 850k monthly. So keep it up, don't enter competition with anyone make each semester your best, most importantly along with your stellar performance acquire valuable skill that will make you invaluable graduate. Best of luck

Care to share how they apply? Or the name of the scholarship please?

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Gforce2019: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2019
Take money from your parents and settle all the lecturers for higher grade
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Rilwayne001: 11:25am On Mar 13, 2019
akdjr:
Mine was divided by 2 of what you're not comfortable with so. But I thank God no body can ever boost of any grade to me coz I had all ABCDEF.

shocked shocked grin grin grin hahahaha
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Dchampion65: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2019
So am in level 2 going to level 3 and i just saw my cgpa, it's 4.73 and the guy leading my dpartment has 4.84. My dream is to graduate as the best student in my department. So how do i overtake. Am studying accounting.

Bros, you are not in competition with him. Run your race. If you can overtake, good, if not, wonderful. Overtake as you said might lead to burnout or frustration. Remember several hundred too are eyeing where you are. Finally, why not try professional exam if you really wants to make impact in accounting world.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by CoolAmbience(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2019
Icon4s:

Thank you very much.

As for me, I am still yet to see that 3rd Class fellow that is in an Oil Company (not talking about mushroom oil companies). But I have met countless 1st class graduates in the Oil industry.

The Op at this stage in his life needs that competitive spirit. If he is my Son I will be so very proud of him

Thumbs up bro!

Infact you got me there. I have a son and a daughter hence it was easy for me to understand that I was in a very good position to intervene. I hope he sees and reads my advice. I am so proud of him, especially because our society is fast replacing that knack for undiluted academic excellence with plain mediocrity. I know how much I motivate and encourage my kids. Up till now, as an engineer and entrepreneur, I give everything to stay at the very top.

Every father would be proud of that young man. We must keep encouraging young men like him as nothing can take the place of academic excellence in any society. Academic excellence provides the backbone for exciting innovative ideas, breakthrough research outcomes and empowering global businesses.

You are right, mainstream oil and gas companies as well as topnotch global institutions, are actually the natural habitat of first class graduates. I worked in that sector for about a decade and I know this for a fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 13, 2019
Dvd4:
CGPA is correct
Cummulative Grade Point Average
GPA ( what you called GP) is only semesterial, CGPA is cummulative
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by suwalee(f): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
unku calm down o.....na so we fess talk am when we fess started all we can say is we are grateful where we are
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Funkybabee(f): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2019
Some unfortunate people full here oo. So so bitter people, just because they end up with 3rd or lower makes them to feel jealous of this great child...

@op biko don't mind them oooo, though competition is good but I guess ur aim now should be coming out with best result not best student, let me tell u, they said first class dey roam in street,no job for them. pls help me asked them if those first class can defend their result..

There are some people who are doing alot of differents form in school to get a good result at the end they won't be able to prove themselve during the interview or defend their certificate which is the most reason why graduates nowadays are roaming the street around wirh no job while some found favour which end them to a great job they might be doing now..

So apart from coming out with best result, make sure u know the practical aspect of ur job maybe during the holiday or Industrial training period so that it will be added to ur knowledge acquired before graduations that even if it's the government official interview, u will be able to scale through it with ur ground that even if they wanted to discard u. It won't be an easily task for them.

And the most part of it is prayer.. Be praying and be requesting from God ur kind of Job u will like to have before ur graduation, alots are getting a great job even when we are saying there is no job and I hope ur future is brighter..

May God scale us through me too am a 300lv going to 4 by june by God grace...

May God enforce his success on us.

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by femi4love(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2019
OneCorner:
It’s people like u dat normally end up as lesson teacher or graduate selling puff puff
And people will now be saying, and he knows book oo

This is the most hilarious comment I’ve seen here for 13 years grin grin grin
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by namiji2598: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:
life is nt a competition, live ur life ,,, DNT compete
if u want to.comlete wit him, make sure say u follow him compete for NYSC and also compete with him in submitting CV and also in the labor market

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by namiji2598: 11:40am On Mar 13, 2019
I graduated with second class upper and d second best student in my dept...bleeped so many girls in the school but the best student live no life,,,jus books alone,wehtin him gain now na?
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 13, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:
Is it that Nigerians don't understand common statistics or what, we just like to encourage mediocrity?
The reason you don't see first class graduates at the top echelon of life is because in the bigger scale of things they are the minority. At most 6-9% of Nigerian graduates yearly are first class, 20% are 2.1, The rest are 2.2 and 3rd class. That is to say you are more likely to see a successful 2.2 graduate than a first class because at the top echelon, the first class graduates are still the minority. Do not listen to anyone here telling you bullcrap. Aim higher and succeed. When you graduate you can use 12-16 months to build a sound portfolio before you start working. If you want to be the best ,be the best. I have told you. PS: I am not a first class graduate but a spade is a spade
when you see an intelligent person, you just know.. Nice submission.

5 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Longman6(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:

Not a bad aspiration...but is it necessary? Probably No.

My advice:
Finish with a first class
Make sure you know accounting really well
Take Acca
If you like finance start CFA in your final year.
Buy a laptop and learn financial modelling
Apply for internships

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by Toay(m): 11:53am On Mar 13, 2019
Cool down dude. You need not graduate top of your class. Now that your first class is already in your 'pocket', concentrate more on things that add value to you eg learn industry softwares (I heard Accountants use Peachtree or so), start ICAN, learn some skills, participate in various internship programmes etc.

These are things that help you in the real world; not grdauating top of your class

1 Like

Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by karbarsar(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2019
xammax:

Have a girlfriend, do yahoo and stop going to church.

Thank me later and keep the change.
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by eazriel09: 11:55am On Mar 13, 2019
Dvd4:

Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is the division of your TCP(Total Cumulative Point) by your TCU(Total Credit Unit) for the whole semesters you have spent in school while GP is just for a single semester. It is possible for the OP to have the highest GP for that semester and yet still trail the other guy with their CGPA
Re: Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. by tunize(m): 11:57am On Mar 13, 2019
osaskywire:
I don't think you will be able to overtake him cos u weren't sleeping when he passed just arranged with jujuman... Or get close 2 him so u could kill him... U choose
Heheheh bad pikin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Check Out This Number Five Question From UNIUYO Philosophy Exam / OAU NASU Celebrates Omole's Exit From Office Today / Zambian School Boy Trapped In A Tree Cleft While Playing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.