Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,294 members, 7,850,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:23 PM

There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out (859 Views)

NLC Directs Members To Cripple Activities At CBN Offices Nationwide / #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu / "I Never Said APC Is Responsible For Nigerians Suffering" - Okorocha Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by joshuisiukwu: 5:47am On Mar 15, 2019
Governor Rochas Okorocha who was not handed a Certificate of Return as the senator for the Imo West Senatorial District like other politicians who won, has stated that there is a plot to cripple him politically ahead of 2023.The Imo State Governor who accused the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Imo State of acting a script which he described as being cruel, said he is still awaiting an explanation from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on why he was not invited for the collection of the certificate by senators-elect and House of Representatives members-elect.

Rochas Okorocha who told reporters that there is a plot to cripple him politically, said he was sure that denying him the certificate “is aimed at ensuring that he does not become one of the principal officers of the Senate when it is inaugurated.”

He said: “The law stipulates that once a candidate has been declared winner, he must receive his certificate or return.“I am sure I was conspicuously absent from the certificates issuance ceremony. I was not there because INEC has removed my name from the list of senators having been declared the winner by the zonal returning officer.

“So, I am actually waiting to hear why INEC struck my name out. I think probably, INEC must be trying to do something special because I understand once results have been declared and returns made then you are bound to be issued a certificate of return.

“But to have exempted me, I am in the dark as to what was the reason I was not invited to collect my certificate of return. Maybe, INEC would want to organise a special programme for me to hand over this certificate of return because clearly, I won and it was a peaceful election, the best you can ever think of.

“I am told from the grapevine that it was because of duress. In other words, somebody must have coerced the returning officer to do what he was not supposed to do but here again; I do not understand what that means because there was nothing of such.

“How can you put somebody under duress to declare you the winner of an election that you have already won? And look, they are not saying that we did not win. They are not saying that the other man won.

“So, I do not understand why we should be the people forcing someone to do something wrong to claim victory. It is not true but I must let the world understand that this is a game that is being played.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/15/there-is-a-plot-to-cripple-me-politically-rochas-okorocha-cries-out/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

Re: There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by Toosure70: 5:51am On Mar 15, 2019
Mumu, you never see anything yet.
Re: There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by simplyhonest(m): 5:52am On Mar 15, 2019
you crippled yourself
Re: There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 5:57am On Mar 15, 2019
Then it's a very good plot. Dem for even make am acres.
Re: There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by Blisplendor12(f): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2019
Good news
Re: There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by yuanexchanger: 6:06am On Mar 15, 2019
You are gone politically,no need for you to say it again.Check my sigg for your rmb
Re: There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:07am On Mar 15, 2019
You've already been crippled politically especially in IMO STATE.

We are done with you and your family .
Re: There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by ruffhandu: 6:25am On Mar 15, 2019
Before kwan, you asked for it. When you turned govt house to your personal property. 1 year of putting the state in your pocket == 20 years of political disability for you. You should be sent to jail to seal that 'crippling' plot.
Re: There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by dante0147: 6:36am On Mar 15, 2019
Sey na only politically no worry e go stil enter mentally physically and spiritually
Re: There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out by Mynd44: 7:04am On Mar 15, 2019

(1)

Thank You Nigerian Police Force: Thank You Fsars / FCT Court Summons Gbajabiamila Over Alleged Perjury / Makinde, Abiodun, Sanwo-olu, Udom Attends 67th Annual Convention Of RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.