Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

#ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island (22409 Views)

The Flood That Led To The Demolition In Mende / Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by AutoReportNG: 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
This week can best be described as a week of many deaths, while we still mourn of the Ethiopian Air, then the #ItaFaaji building collapse happens which left 20 dead including childing and 40 rescued alive.

In lieu of this, the Lagos State government has begun demolition of weak structures and buildings that failed the integrity test.

According to LSBCA, 80 Houses have been marked for demolition and demolition has started immediately without fear of favor.

The agency’s task force began with the demolition of a three-storeyed building on 60A Freeman Street, Epetedo.

The Lagos State Building Control Agency on Friday began the demolition of defective buildings. These buildings range from ItaFaaji, Isale Eko among others.

Under the Lagos law, once a building collapses, the Lagos State Government automatically takes over the land and it becomes Lagos Government property.

The collapsed building has been taken over by the Lagos state government as seen below.

AutoReportNG got some photos from the site and from the demolition ongoing at Lagos Island...

[img]https://3.bp..com/-l3hGMPKUdPo/XIziDw4JtcI/AAAAAAAAZN0/3ypJEMg61wELDvMGymRfqI0TwkYoVDnqQCLcBGAs/s1600/D1xZCe2WsAAvrd-.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-Y7iq3tYYlYM/XIziEPe3opI/AAAAAAAAZN4/tqGqeXf6XaI17z4HiNRkMkAcFOVUI10XQCLcBGAs/s1600/D1xaMLmWkAAMdpi.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-UrEMeE9OJlE/XIziDGmZmoI/AAAAAAAAZNw/Ztunun9G0w4pCoLHULMF4FarLBKUet7LgCLcBGAs/s1600/D1xYDuTXQAAdm8D.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/lsbca-begins-demolition-of-defective.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by AutoReportNG: 12:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
Eko oni baje... Hope this will continue and not initial gra gra

see more pictures of the demolished buildings here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/lsbca-begins-demolition-of-defective.html

Modified...

I don't know this will be accepted by the mods or not, if I break any rules I am sorry.

Nairaland is a great family, a place I have personally learned a lot in terms of human relations, approach, business and lots more.

AutoReportNG is a brand which we have been trying to build and also to make a household, as good as this may sound as we try to be investigative, innovative and do our homework before posting to give our readers quality news and a robust reportage, you will agree that all these need money to run.

Are you a business owner, small scale business, banks, advertisers, digital marketer and you are looking for a place to place your business, goods and services? Search no more as AutoReportNG.com is the right spot you looking for.

Contact us for your press release, sponsored posts, guests post, company news and lots more.

Our integrity outlives us, please give us a try and we won't disappoint you.

Please contact us by using the email on our signature.

We need you more than you ever think of.

AutoReportNG.com... Your home for quality auto news and reportage.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Amuocha: 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2019
Wait till Ambode goes, baba so pe will enter
Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
sean1000x:
False flag and an excuse to illegally demolish Igbo owned buildings. Wicked things and you think you people will ever be successful with this mindset? This is why Afonjascan never progress...wicked heart.
What is the meaning of this undecided?

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by demolinka(m): 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
Long overdue na
Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
I pity those who engage these amateur developers undecided

Government should sanitise that department as well!

The owner should sue them to court for adequate compensation!!!

Their greed brought about so many deaths!!!

Kudos to the government

2 Likes

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by coolestchris(m): 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2019
medicine after death, is not by force to build a storey building, you can build a one storey building with adequate concrete mix ratio and adequate reinforcements instead of building a weak four story building

1 Like

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by BabaRamota1980: 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
There is no place in Lagos called Ita Faaji.

Autoreporter your job takes you in the field and bring you into closeness with communities. Learn and represent the communities you write report about.

There is a history behind the name Faji, from where Ita Faji derived. When you report it as Faaji, you dishonor and tarnish that history.

Consider a writer calling Abuja..Abujaa! It depicts lack of knowledge about the landscape and history of the locality.

Feel free to correct your Faaji. grin

11 Likes

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Lordofthewest(m): 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
Always knew idiotic wawa scums like this would show up..Maybe Lagos state government should just demolish all the Igbo owned properties and send them back to the village so we can be free of their immature whining and dumb nagging for once. Dangote owns the largest single property in Lagos we no hear noise from any hausa person ,ben Bruce an ijaw man owns property all over Lagos no noise, most of the hotels in Lagos are owned by yoruba and edo people no noise, but these flatheadedd nonentities with disgusting inferiority complex won't let us hear word with their 2 by 2 shops.
sean1000x:
False flag and an excuse to illegally demolish Igbo owned buildings. Wicked things and you think you people will ever be successful with this mindset? This is why Afonjas can never progress...wicked heart.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by dulux07(m): 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
sean1000x:
False flag and an excuse to illegally demolish Igbo owned buildings. Wicked things and you think you people will ever be successful with this mindset? This is why Afonjas can never progress...wicked heart.
You are daft

28 Likes

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
yeah opportunity in chaos, lets demolish and sell the vacant lands to our cronnies, political compensation has just started.
Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by MrRhymes101(m): 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
Better late than never... Wedding MC
Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2019
sean1000x:

I'm igbo
But this your comment sounds very tribalistic
Take a chill pill

15 Likes

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by afroxyz: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2019
sean1000x:

Now I know that most of the people commenting on NL need psychiatric evaluation. I'm sure you don't reside in Lagos. why are you disgracing the efforts of your parents or guardian that bought you a phone and gave u data to browse

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by edgecution(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy Ambo Ambo my man. Afterall you gaz nuttin to lose again....I wonder why they waited till now tho.

1 Like

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by PassiveNaira: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
Good to know. Hope no bribe will come later?

Do you want to sell your phones, computers and gadgets? I buy at good price @ Computer Village, Ikeja. Read below...
Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Seetto: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
sean1000x:
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Roon9(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
Lols! All of a sudden a particular ministry would start working for its monthly pay
Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by AutoReportNG: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
There is no place in Lagos called Ita Faaji.

Autoreporter your job takes you in the field and bring you into closeness with communities. Learn and represent the communities you write report about.

There is a history behind the name Faji, from where Ita Faji derived. When you report it as Faaji, you dishonor and tarnish that history.

Consider a writer calling Abuja..Abujaa! It depicts lack of knowledge about the landscape and history of the locality.

Feel free to correct your Faaji. grin

Sorry Sir, Baba Ramota. So, its Ita Faji right?

Noted Sir

5 Likes

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Olatara(f): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2019
quentin06:
yeah opportunity in chaos, lets demolish and sell the vacant lands to our cronnies, political compensation has just started.
At least the " cronies" will build something better.

1 Like

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
Lordofthewest:
Always knew idiotic wawa scums like this would show up..Maybe Lagos state government should just demolish all the Igbo owned properties and send them back to the village so we can be free of their immature whining and dumb nagging for once.

You proved my point. Look at how wicked your heart is and I have no doubt that they are hundreds of your tribalistic type in Lagos state government.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by colestephan86: 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
sean1000x:
What are you saying, who told you the buildings belong to Igbo people? And I should tell you that you are very confused to think all houses in lagos belongs to Igbo people.

12 Likes

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Lordofthewest(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2019
I know you are just one of those biafuro slowpoke based in abia looking for nairaland likes..so I'm not going to waste my time exchanging words with you. You really need to be delivered from inferiority complex.
sean1000x:

You proved my point. Look at how wicked your heart is and I have no doubt that they are hundreds of your tribalistic type in Lagos state government.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by cookingsoul(m): 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
sean1000x:
by their collapsed brains nd inferiority complex u shall no dem.ipoop pigs

12 Likes

Re: #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island by Parada: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
Is this all you do to caution this bigot ?! If it was a Yoruba that made that comment about Igbos all hell would have been brought, many of your Eboes are despicable abeg.

henriettttta:

I'm igbo
But this your comment sounds very tribalistic
Take a chill pill

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Te Bank. / High Cost Of Cement: Nigerians Opt For Container Houses / Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.