Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect (1523 Views)

We Were Forced To Implicate Saraki - Offa Robbery Suspect / How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect / We Are Saraki's Boys - Video Confession Of Offa Robbery Suspects(watch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by Pedagogueeye: 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2019
The trial within trial of the five suspects involved in the Offa bank robbery in April 2018 continued on Friday at the State High Court sitting in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.

During their arraignment before Justice Halimah Salman, the suspects told the court how their confessional statements were obtained by the police.

The first suspect, Ayoade Akinnibosun, in his testimony, told the trial judge that he gave his statement under duress and not voluntarily.

He explained that he was tortured and shot in two legs, alleging that the police asked him to implicate the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, but he refused.

Akinnibosun claimed that five men were shot dead in his presence and that of other suspects, in order to force them to do the bidding of the police.

He alleged that he was forced to sleep on the spot where the men were killed, adding that his hands and legs were tied for days.

The suspect also told the trial judge that six hefty stones were placed on his back and denied food for nearly one week while he was being tortured.

He said they were kept inside the generator room at Police Headquarters Abuja while a dismissed police officer, identified as Michael Adiukwu, was brought to identify them if they were part of the robbery gang.

According to Akinnibosun, the man denied knowing them and was shot dead on the spot.

Afterwards, he said he was shown an already written statement which he was asked to sign and agreed to do so for fear of being killed.

The suspect insisted that whatever he said during the parade of the press conference was written for him to memorise and confess to the public.

He claimed that the police warned him not to implicate them that the statement was made under duress.

Akinnibosun told the trial judge that he was given a four-page statement to sign but he could not because his fingers were not functioning due to torture.

He said one of his fingers was placed on the documents for thumb printing and his request to read and go through the statement was turned down.

After giving his testimony, the suspect was cross-examined by the prosecution counsel.

It would be recalled that there was an out-roar by the public when the Force Public Relation Officer Jimoh Moshood confirmed that the Lead suspect in the Offa robbery Micheal Adikwu was dead. Nigerians were shocked that such a high profile suspect could die in police custody, which led some to believe he was extra-judiciously killed. The police spokesman stated, “Michael Adikwu ‘M’ 30Yrs was not murdered but slumped and died in detention while an investigation into the Offa Bank Robbery was ongoing.

The Senate President, Bukola Saraki had asked the Presidency to institute a judicial inquiry into the ‘how and when’ the suspect died.

The Nigerian police have been involved in so many extra judicial killings which has led to condemnation from civil societies and human right bodies.
A human rights group, the Office of the Citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, accused the police of being involved in the extra-judicial killing of over 40 Nigerians in 2016.

https://www.lainonline.com/2019/03/16/how-police-allegedly-killed-micheal-adikwu-offa-robbery-suspect/

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by Kingosytex(m): 1:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
believe the naija police at your peril.....

i will rather believe lai mohammed's enormous lies than to believe the naija police

2 Likes

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by donstan18: 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
Is Micheal Adikwu not suppose to be killed?

Is he not a criminal?

He killed many people during that operation and deserves to be killed regardless of the manner it was done.

Every criminal should not be pampered in the name of investigation and interrogation just like that ediot called Evans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by Mynd44: 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2019
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by collins011(m): 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
donstan18:

Is he not a criminal?

He killed many people during that operation and deserves to be killed regardless of the manner it was done.

Every criminal should not be pampered in the name of investigation and interrogation just like that ediot called Evans.

So extra judicial killing should be condoned? Be reasonable and objective, even when you type here, don’t allow emotions and other personal interest to over cloud your sense of reasoning

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by festacman(m): 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
These narratives in court is a violent rape on our sense of decency. CCTV captured these sub-humans carrying guns and parading the bank's premises. Many people were slaughtered. What are they trying to say? Unfortunately, some people, for partisan reasons, are sympathetic to these scums. Some are even trying to denigrate the supercop Abba Kyari. SMH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by rexwalters: 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
Kingosytex:
believe the naija police at your peril.....

i will rather believe lai mohammed's enormous lies than to believe the naija police
Criminal,i know you believe the blood sucking robbers did not raid the bank and kill innocent people,it was all a nollywood scene?Traitor of the Republic.
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by rexwalters: 2:05pm On Mar 16, 2019
collins011:

So extra judicial killing should be condoned? Be reasonable and objective, even when you type here, don’t allow emotions and other personal interest to over cloud your sense of reasoning
He should be killed twice over for that distasteful act they perpetrated,shedding of innocent blood is an eye for an eye,did ordinary people who went to the bank that day deserve to be killed over money?God should punish anyone who has any remorse for those demons. (Collins 011).

1 Like

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by rexwalters: 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2019
festacman:
These narratives in court is a violent rape on our sense of decency. CCTV captured these sub-humans carrying guns and parading the bank's premises. Many people were slaughtered. What are they trying to say? Unfortunately, some people, for partisan reasons, are sympathetic to these scums. Some are even trying to denigrate the supercop Abba Kyari. SMH.
They have a right to make a case but after all said and done,no judge will have any pity on them,they were forced to make a statement,just like they were forced to rob a bank and kill innocent people?tell that to the angels of Satan when they see them in hell.
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by Charmingrascal(m): 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2019
The fact is Ayo was a popular thug when he was a Student of Kwara State College of Education Oro, no one could dare him, he was feared by both students and lecturers. Eventually he became Saraki's loyalist he was a big boy with no credible source.
Micheal Adikwu was a very corrupt Police officer, he was always collecting royalties from drug dealers in Ilorin and its environs.
Leye (Arrow) was also a popular thug in Oro and Offa he was feared because he was deadly and dangerous. I never knew he was friend with AY (Ayoade).
Ask anybody that was a Student of Kwara COED Oro in the early 2000s he/she will tell u abt AY.

What I know is that Saraki armed and used AY and his boys as his thugs but I am not sure if he sent them to rob a Bank.
AY killed and he must be punished
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by Xisnin(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
festacman:
You guys just comment out of ignorance.
Many of the suspects being tried were political suspects, they neither robbed a bank nor
appear in the CCTV.
Adikwu, the mastermind was killed by the police to bungle the case since it was never about robbery but
a political fight.
I see most of the suspects walking free.

1 Like

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by Kingosytex(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
[s]
rexwalters:
Criminal,i know you believe the blood sucking robbers did not raid the bank and kill innocent people,it was all a nollywood scene?Traitor of the Republic.
[/s]

you must definitely be the most useless person alive to think that the trash you typed made any sense....

come on face front before i change am for you,...anu ofia

2 Likes

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by gidgiddy: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
donstan18:

Is he not a criminal?

Stop talking like a barbarian. The police cannot be judge, jury and executioner. In as much as Michael Adikwu may have been a murderous armed robbery, the law says that only the courts can take away his life.

If the police does not care about what the law says and indulges in killing suspects then what it means is that the police is just as murderous as Michael Adikwu

2 Likes

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by helinues: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
Ok
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by helinues: 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2019
donstan18:

Is he not a criminal?

With his killings, how would the police get more informations if not that they are hiding something. Or are you justifying his killings?

1 Like

Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by helinues: 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2019
Charmingrascal:
The fact is Ayo was a popular thug when he was a Student of Kwara State College of Education Oro, no one could dare him, he was feared by both students and lecturers. Eventually he became Saraki's loyalist he was a big boy with no credible source.
Micheal Adikwu was a very corrupt Police officer, he was always collecting royalties from drug dealers in Ilorin and its environs.
Leye (Arrow) was also a popular thug in Oro and Offa he was feared because he was deadly and dangerous. I never knew he was friend with AY (Ayoade).
Ask anybody that was a Student of Kwara COED Oro in the early 2000s he/she will tell u abt AY.

What I know is that Saraki armed and used AY and his boys as his thugs but I am not sure if he sent them to rob a Bank.
AY killed and he must be punished

Hmmmmm

Linking this narratives together speaks volumes
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by BuhariAdvocate: 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
Bukola saraki is a certified criminal .I hope police send him to prison soon.
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by Amuocha: 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2019
APC Kwara State sef angry
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by Pedagogueeye: 1:28am On Mar 18, 2019
donstan18:

Is he not a criminal?

meaning you support jungle justice
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by RZArecta(m): 4:32am On Mar 18, 2019
I can see some useless, brain dead idíots support the murder of Michael Adiukwu by the police. A key suspect who had already been arrested, shown live on TV and was to be charged to court was murdered by the police and cretins are clapping. I'm not surprised by their fóolishness though, the police just destroyed their own case and I won't be surprised if this matter is dragged forever so these other suspects will be killed one by one to cover the officers tracks because Adiukwu's corpse will have to be exhumed for autopsy
Re: How Police Allegedly Killed Micheal Adikwu – Offa Robbery Suspect by Pedagogueeye: 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2019
RZArecta:
I can see some useless, brain dead idíots support the murder of Michael Adiukwu by the police. A key suspect who had already been arrested, shown live on TV and was to be charged to court was murdered by the police and cretins are clapping. I'm not surprised by their fóolishness though, the police just destroyed their own case and I won't be surprised if this matter is dragged forever so these other suspects will be killed one by one to cover the officers tracks because Adiukwu's corpse will have to be exhumed for autopsy
We have strange people in this country.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Abaribe, Visits Buhari In His Country Home To Pay Homage And Loyalty / Ndi-igbo Don't Be Deceived By Yoruba Muslim Media, Know Your Map And Boundry / Today Is The 53rd Death Anniversary Of Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.