Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? (27885 Views)

Pawpaw Seeds Still Remain The Best Cure To Chronic Typhoid Fever / What Is The Best Cure For Eczema And Black Spots / How To Use Scent Leaves (efinrin) As Cure For Malaria | Daily Family NG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Cirochukade: 11:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
The best remedy is rest of mind bro!! Nothing like peace of mind, try calming her down if at all there is anything bothering her. That's the best solution.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by advocate666: 11:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
self-service

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Cue4rm: 11:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
Get drunk

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Dreambeat: 11:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
First and foremost,we advise lifestyle changes.By this I mean she should minimize her use of mobile phones and laptops before bed, avoid watching tv late into the night,try not to take nap in the afternoon,do regular exercises,weight loss if she is overweight.She can also try to put off light before going to bed.Dietary changes for example use of coffee and caffeine containing drinks should be avoided.All in all we advice lifestyle changes first.Psychotherapy can also be done in places where it available.Use of medication for a brief period is the last resort

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by SincereBigot: 11:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
Codeine

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by PROPHETmichael: 11:59pm On Mar 18, 2019
finnestdope:
Please I'm asking this for a friend.

To the doctors and health practitioners we have here, how can one end sleepless nights?

I met this friend recently (a girl actually) on a WhatsApp group chat. It was 1am and I was bored by what I was doing so I started replying to the messages in the group chat. This girl replied too and I jokingly asked her why she was still awake at that time, she didn't seem so comfortable to answer the question in the group chat so we went private.

She explained that for over 5 years now she doesn't sleep at night. I was moved cos I'm the type that value sleep a lot.

Please what can she do to start sleeping again? According to her, she has taken so many medications yet to no avail. What could be a lasting solution to this.

She is not my girlfriend please, I'm just concerned and trying to help

Your opinions are highly appreciated.
Thanks

In case I made mistakes in my grammar, please pardon me.

Tell her to read her bible and see if she won't fall asleep within 5mins

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by woodrow(m): 12:00am On Mar 19, 2019
Tell her to get a full bottle of whisky or cognac..75cl or 1litre.if she wants to sleep by midnite,tell her to start drinking it by 10:30..the rest is history.but she might need pain killers by morning sha.thank me later

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by crazysam001: 12:01am On Mar 19, 2019
Exercise also helps find a sport that you can play in the evening the increased metabolism fatigue and improved brain function will provide and improve sleep
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by valembay(f): 12:01am On Mar 19, 2019
sex

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by StevenJay01(m): 12:01am On Mar 19, 2019
Smoke weed everyday

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by davien(m): 12:02am On Mar 19, 2019
Aerobic exercise and a warm bath at night.. This lowers your body temperature and then the exercise makes your brain force you to sleep due to the rush of neuropinephrins and endorphins..

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by googi: 12:03am On Mar 19, 2019
Tell her to do some workout. Not necessarily running around the block, on one spot will be fine. If she has a small stool, she can also step on it and back as fast as she could changing the leg going on the stool after many counts. Do some stretching, push ups and arm swings until she is tired.

She would sleep like a baby. Tell her to pay me later.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Niccoloimhotep: 12:03am On Mar 19, 2019
wink
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by crowniran(m): 12:04am On Mar 19, 2019
Get forever Aloe blossom tea.it works bro,

If you are in Lagos contact me

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by nabegibeg: 12:05am On Mar 19, 2019
finnestdope:

To the doctors and health practitioners we have here, how can one end sleepless nights?

I met this friend recently (a girl actually) on a WhatsApp group chat. It was 1am and I was bored by what I was doing so I started replying to the messages in the group chat. This girl replied too and I jokingly asked her why she was still awake at that time, she didn't seem so comfortable to answer the question in the group chat so we went private.

She explained that for over 5 years now she doesn't sleep at night. I was moved cos I'm the type that value sleep a lot.

Please what can she do to start sleeping again? According to her, she has taken so many medications yet to no avail. What could be a lasting solution to this.

Thanks

Tell her to go see a psychiatrist if possible yaba

I have seen cases of people who has such coming there for medication
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by DimkpaBini: 12:07am On Mar 19, 2019
Barbiturates will help
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by kolajoo(m): 12:07am On Mar 19, 2019
Skushies and thank me later

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 19, 2019
Whiskey and ewe ola

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by anonymuz(m): 12:08am On Mar 19, 2019
Cue4rm:
Get drunk
2 shots of whisky can do that for her and that's what I've been using. So at bed time that's my dosage,but sometime I do exceed it due to anxiety.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by anonymuz(m): 12:08am On Mar 19, 2019
DimkpaBini:
Barbiturates will help
she will addicted to that.
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 19, 2019
valembay:
sex
can you please be my sleeping pills?
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by anonymuz(m): 12:09am On Mar 19, 2019
Nofavorss:
Whiskey and ewe ola
ewe Ola, simply call it marijuana grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 19, 2019
finnestdope:

Thanks

Let her avoid sleep and coffee in the day, a half can of beer at night will do too. She can also just avoid using her phone/laptop from 8pm.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 19, 2019
anonymuz:
2 shots of whisky can do that for her and that's what I've been using. So at bed time that's my dosage,but sometime I do exceed it due to anxiety.

thanks for being real. Anxiety is a thing these days..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Kobicove(m): 12:12am On Mar 19, 2019
finnestdope:

Thanks

Tell her to have plenty of energy sapping six in the night cheesy
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by busky007: 12:12am On Mar 19, 2019
LamidicownuBSS:

Boko Haram invade Michika again this night, the entire town set ablaze, all soldiers run away.

God help us we northern nigeria
next level is just starting
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 19, 2019
anonymuz:
ewe Ola, simply call it marijuana grin
You know grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Brinxs(m): 12:13am On Mar 19, 2019
finnestdope:

Thanks

Nairalanders this guy dey fear una oh!
Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by anonymuz(m): 12:17am On Mar 19, 2019
1kBabyShoesNG:

thanks for being real. Anxiety is a thing these days..
yes, I even experienced it on Saturday.watched movies till around 10 am on Sunday, but it something bad. That's why every evening after work I go go one joint for my Area drink alomo bitters only if I don't have whisky at home.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by Ayoade19993(m): 12:17am On Mar 19, 2019
ZombieNation:
weed or better yet, wacth NTA
aw u take read my mind for nta?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? by airmark(m): 12:17am On Mar 19, 2019
Sex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Shows Her Flexibility In Maternity Shoot / Seyyed Mohammad Mirmohammadi Dies From Coronavirus / Residents Pose For Pictures Inside Dirty Water After Heavy Flood In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.