Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax (928 Views)

LASRRA: Lagos Residents To Collect Permanent Residency Card From Their LGA/LCDAS / Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS / Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax by ugoani(m): 9:49am On Sep 04, 2010
The rivers state govment have sent a bill to the house of assembly for approval that residents should be paying a percentage of their income after the existing taxation in the state to the sate govment to improve free education and free medical care
Re: Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax by Ikengawo: 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2010
love and support the idea,
Amaechi is the man
Re: Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax by texazzpete(m): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2010
ugoani:

The rivers state govment have sent a bill to the house of assembly for approval that residents should be paying a percentage of their income after the existing taxation in the state to the sate govment to improve free education and free medical care

Source Please

Ikengawo:

love and support the idea,
Amaechi is the man

Do you live in Port Harcourt? I do and i'm not thrilled with this news.
Re: Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax by Ibime(m): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2010
Them want thief tax join? Abegi!
Re: Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2010
I don't think any Government as yet has the moral right to institute any new tax regime in Nigeria

They need to justify the current resources available to them first.
Re: Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax by Ikengawo: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2010
Do you live in Port Harcourt? I do and i'm not thrilled with this news.

Of course it's going to suck for the average port citizen but i'm in the US paying the exact same income tax and have been my whole life.

This will help the government increase funding to continue the great work Amaechi has done in the state. It will also decrease dependence on oil and give people more say in the government. If the government gets is source of survival from the ppl it will think twice before violating them unlike state govs all over nigeria that get their money from the fed.
the budgets of these states are dismal when compared to their needs and populations and this will help rivers become a first class environment because most first class countries pay income tax.
Re: Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax by Ikengawo: 8:59am On Sep 05, 2010
its also not fair to just say the money will be stolen just because it is nigeria.
this is how nigerians like you pidgeon hole and stereotype themselves and get mad when Sony makes a joke about it.

the rivers government is possibly the best in nigeria, they have shown tremendous progress and development is on track and expectations are being surpassed.

they have demolished old dysfunctional schools and replaced them with modern ones with modern world class facilities. the policy is no school below the british standard is allowed to stand. that's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw4oXnzjycw

check the video, i can post more
Re: Rivers State Residents To Pay Extra Tax by phantom(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2010
the major problem i have wit amaechi is the roads in PH.apart from ola rd and slaughter,the rest na nonsense, because he wants to share rivers money with rivers thieves.

(1) (Reply)

What About Nuhu Ribadu's Manifesto? / Ribadu Threatens Court Action Against Goodluck/ Sambo Over Copyright Infringemen / Sincerely Speaking, Can You Answer These Questions Without Being Sentimental?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.