Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:55 AM

Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents (19561 Views)

Robbers Write Funny Letter To Abuja Residents / Armed Robbers Write Lagos Residents, "Be Prepared To Pay Our Dues"- / Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by jerusalem101: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
“We Are Coming For You” – Robbers Write Residents In Ogun State

Residents of Lambe area of Ogun state have received an audacious letter from some fearless robbers urging them to give them a welcoming hospitality when they attack their community in the coming days.

The daredevil men of the underworld who described themselves as friends of the community said in the letter written in Yoruba language and pasted conspicuously on many walls on Akin Akindele, Community Road and Jelili Popoola Streets, that they are coming ‘very soon’ and are not afraid of the police or other security agencies.

The letter reads, “You residents of this area be prepared to receive your friends very soon. If you like, inform the police or your security men or OPC, you will just lose your lives. What is important is to cooperate with us and to get ready to give us a warm welcome,” the robbers said in the short letter.

“If you like, inform the police or your security men or OPC, you will just lose your lives,” they warned.

The letter ends with these words, “We your friends, robbers”.

Panic and confusion had since enveloped the community with a resident describing Lambe as ‘the playground of armed robbers.’

“Lambe has become the play ground of armed robbers. Incessant robbery attacks have forced landlords to flee the area and are now tenants in other places,” he said, pleading that his name should not be mentioned.

Landlords and tenants in the area are so confused that they do not know what to do and are prepared for the worst. Due to fear of the unknown, residents of the community are so scared to talk about the issue.

A resident, who does not want his name disclosed, said he will not inform the police as there might be mass killings.

“Besides, the police and the OPC cannot be trusted because they may be aware of their coming and will not do anything,” he said.
A female resident said her family will relocate from the community this week. She said her family needs money to celebrate Easter, explaining that the residents are worried because of the lack of security in the country.

She revealed that none of the residents wants to talk about it because “the robbers might be living among us.”
“ I have warned my husband to stay away from this matter because you do not know who is who in the area, “she said.

Another resident in the community said since they received the letter, most residents do not sleep again at night and the landlords and tenants are afraid to even inform the police or talk about it because those behind the letters could be among them.

According to information made available to DailyPost, one of suspects behind the impudent letters was arrested in the night at about 1.00 am and handed over to the police at Ajunwo Police Division.

However, efforts to reach the station’s DPO were futile as his phone rang endlessly unanswered.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/27/we-are-coming-for-you-robbers-write-residents-in-ogun-state/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=we-are-coming-for-you-robbers-write-residents-in-ogun-state
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by javijabor: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy Them don write us this kind letter tire na OPC we go employ wink wink wink
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by kokoye(m): 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Things are getting better ..for the Lord is on the throne....

1 Like

Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by Aderupoko2: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
I am lamba wan today. I dey come.
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by coogar: 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
somebody please translate that letter......
whoever does would win my £100.
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by dayokanu(m): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
coogar: somebody please translate that letter......

Stake the money with Chamotex i would translate it sharp sharp
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by 30card(m): 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
whom was the letter delivered to? who bring the letter come na , who give am to am ?
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by ajayi147(m): 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
Notin joor
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by mactoni91(m): 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
was hw they wrote a letter to us in our compound 1 day...
We all bought new matchetes, waiting for their arrival...
Bt dey dint show up
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by sholay2011(m): 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
Abge read the whole article, the translation is there...lazy bone.

@OP...permit me to say this is hilarious. Na wa for these robbers oo...dey even call themselves 'their friends'.

The police can still do something swift to avert this hilarious evil that seems to be far from over.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by StateOfMind: 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
Toju nkan alejo wa sile nikan ko, nkan osu yin ni..mschewww..mumu thieves with mumu handwriting.
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by akunjohn(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hmmn,which way nigeria?.

Dis one na vigil unlimited o,

1 Like

Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by Freiburger(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
make am 200 make i do the translation sharp sharp. grin
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by coogar: 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
dayokanu:
Stake the money with Chamotex i would translate it sharp sharp

this is not a bet!

sholay2011:
Abge read the whole article, the translation is there...lazy bone.

yoruba words minus the signs is futile to read. one word can have 21 meanings.

Freiburger:
make am 200 make i do the translation sharp sharp. grin

£90.
you have a contender in dayo.....
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by kokoye(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
javijabor: cheesy cheesy cheesy Them don write us this kind letter tire na OPC we go employ wink wink wink

Sorry, but I cant help but think that maybe OPC members may be behind these letters .....this kinda thing will guarantee 'jobs' for them..abi?

just like police checkpoints

8 Likes

Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by mike404(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
[quote author=jerusalem101][b]
What
is important is to cooperate with us and to get
ready to give us a warm welcome,” the
robbers said in the short letter. gringringrin
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by yomisabere(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
Friends of the people.... lol
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by Idowuogbo(f): 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
coogar:

this is not a bet!

yoruba words minus the signs is futile to read. one word can have 21 meanings.
Add 50p. grin
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by Caracta(f): 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
Read it again...slowly tongue

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by nbright: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
History always has a way of repeating it self.... Things of the 80's are now playing out in this generation...
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by fittty(m): 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
Lemme go and hide my bb Z10 lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by iamswizz(m): 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
If they are expecting the robbers.. Them just dey waste their time..

It can take up to 3 months before the robbers show up (when everyone has forgotten)..

They might even be on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by Freiburger(m): 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Add 50p. grin
Why you wan spoil my market na?
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by cold(m): 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Funny thing is the act will still be perpetrated without any hitch.Sad
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by coogar: 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Add 50p. grin

badosky has forced the grand prize to £80....

Caracta:
Read it again...slowly tongue

it's futile. the more i read, the more confusing it becomes.
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by Hanihairy(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
There is no cause for alarm "we are on top of the issue"-oga at the top
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by Idowuogbo(f): 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
coogar:

badosky has forced the grand prize to £80....

it's futile. the more i read, the more confusing it becomes.
Lmao! Na auction? Make it £100.50 and we have a deal.
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by femi4: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
Translation:
You people of this community, be prepare cos we(your friends) will soon pay you a visit.
If you like, call vigilante or police, you ll just waste your lives for nothing.
What we need and most important is your cooperation and reserve what you ll use to entertain us as your visitors

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by coogar: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lmao! Na auction? Make it £100.50 and we have a deal.

why is 50p so important to you? badosky, you wan take am buy horsemeat.

meanwhile, we get yarns - someone told me you have a vital information i have been looking for.
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by pekelepekele(m): 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
This is the funniest shi.t have ever read!!! cheesy grin . Awa oreyin ole!!!! hahaha lol cheesy., Call SARS to always wait for them at night for like a month and lets see how they handle that whenever they come awon oreyin ole cheesy
Re: Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents by nitlad: 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2013

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin

Letter aye leleyi o! grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce / We Won’t Have President Who Can’t Go To America – Lauretta Onochie / New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.