Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria (27594 Views)

Supply Business You Can Start With N50000: Paint Production / What Kind Of Supply Business Can I Start With #50,000? / You Can Make Upto N30k Weekly From This Egg Distribution Business Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by Mybussinessmind: 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
In Nigeria, poultry business is an immensely profitable one for any entrepreneur to venture into. But while growing chickens can be a very lucrative investment, venturing into the distribution and supply of eggs to buyers is a lucrative segment of the poultry business for anyone to start up a profitable enterprise in.

A lot of people do not believe that there is very huge business opportunity in connecting egg buyers and egg sellers. Many poultry farmers who produce eggs on their farms do not have much time to market in a bid to reach out to potential buyers because of the task of managing the farm. This burden is taken off by egg distributors who come into poultry farms to purchase crates of eggs at reduced price and sell to market men and women (who retails to end consumers) at a profit.

Eggs are largely consumed by a wide range of people and organisations in Nigeria ranging from restaurants, hotels, boarding schools, events, families, and individuals. It is even more interesting to know that in the production of most confectioneries, eggs are used in the manufacturing process, and as such, their demand and usage in Nigeria remains astronomical.

Let’s go into the main business of the day..!

STARTING THE EGG SUPPLY BUSINESS

How do you go about the eggs supply business in Nigeria? It is simple, we have compiled some practical steps to follow. Here are they:

STEP ONE. IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET MARKET
The truth is sourcing for eggs is not a problem. You may even have your own poultry where you pick eggs from. However, what is very important is to identify/locate your target market. Who are you selling to? Or who is buying from you?

As long as egg is concerned, its target market is very large and demand is always on the increase. The good thing is, there are so many outlets where you can market your product (eggs). Places like restaurants, hotels, school hostels, canteens, baking factories, boarding schools, open markets etc. Meet them one on one and offer to be their egg supplier with mouth-watering benefits attached.

Once you have an agreement with the places listed above, all you need to do is to supply them anytime they order. Knowing when next your customers will need a supply is something you must also enquire. That will keep you busy into meeting demand.

STEP TWO: SOURCE FOR A RELIABLE POULTRY FARM THAT PRODUCES LARGE EGG VOLUMES
Having located a potential market for your eggs business, the next step is to identify at least two or three farms to pick up eggs for sale. A proper survey and investigation might be needed here so as to find a farm that is consistent and reliable. You should look for farms that can give you the eggs at very affordable, reasonable and competitive prices.

The price of medium size eggs ranges from N600 to N650 per crate. Extra-large goes for N700 to N750 per crate. Other factors you might need to put into consideration before making decision are size of the eggs, colour (Brown or White), distance to market and means of transporting the eggs.

STEP THREE: RAISE ADEQUATE START-UP CAPITAL
One of the advantage of this business is that it doesn’t require much start-up capital. Although some farms may give you certain amount of crates of eggs on credit after you have been tested over time, nevertheless you will need to have your capital with you when starting egg distribution business. Your start-up capital will be used in the initial purchase of eggs from the poultry farm, purchase of crates and if possible an egg delivery van.

STEP FOUR: GET AN EGG DELIVERY VAN
Most retailers prefer distributors who would help to convey their goods (eggs) to their shop. This is because most of them are afraid of recording a high number of cracked eggs during transportation of the egg from the distributors warehouse to their shop.

Rather than having a point of sale where buyers come to purchase the eggs, it is more profitable if you make it mobile by taking it to the doorsteps of customers who buy it in large quantities. If you can afford to get a delivery van, then go ahead. If you do not have a personal van or truck, you can hire one for a start. Asides careful driving, compact arrangement of egg crates will minimize the amount of cracks.

STEP FIVE: SETUP A STORAGE FACILITY (WAREHOUSE)
Demand for eggs fluctuates. Sometimes you end up purchasing more eggs than is eventually sold. There comes the need for an egg storage facility. You’ll need to get a shop in a strategic market place where it will be easily accessible for your customer as this will give your egg marketing business the needed exposure.

STEP SIX: PURCHASE OTHER WORKING TOOLS (CRATES)
This can be paper or plastic crates. It is advisable to purchase the paper crates because it is more protective and reduced the number of cracks from egg transportation. Paper crates are also cheaper than plastic crates. It, however, gets damaged quickly than plastic ones. The total number of the crates you'll need however depends on the volume or quantity of eggs you are distributing to your customers.

STEP SEVEN: GET A COMPLIMENTARY CARD
You need to have a professional looking business card, with your contact details and address clearly printed. Issuing a complimentary card to your potential customers is a good way to help them patronize your product. You never can tell who else might get in contact with your card. One card can get to more than one individuals.

STEP EIGHT: HIRE EMPLOYEES
You cannot be the one driving and at the same picking up eggs from the farms, supplying eggs to the customers and all other things involved. You will need to employ one or two persons to help you out which leaves you to do much of supervision. This will inject efficiency to your work and ensure quick delivery of eggs to customers.

COST OF STARTING THIS BUSINESS
About 80% or more of your capital will be used to acquire an egg delivery van. Once you get that out-of-the-way, then getting the eggs with N70, 000 will be reasonable. As you go, you grow bigger into the egg supply business thereby realizing your start-up capital within a short period. No matter how small your finance is, you can start-up something. We believe in start small and end big.

share this post to someone you care about because you will be giving such person what money cannot buy.

Wish you all the best in your business career.

https://www.billionairezmindset.com.ng/2019/02/how-to-start-egg-distributionsupply.html

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by tabithababy(f): 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
Very informative kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by otiwisdom: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nice one op.Finally there is a reasonable topic on front page,not those useless bobrisky nonsense and me and my took a cool photo or someone react to something.

17 Likes

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by fvck(m): 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nice one Op but can this legit egg business make me rich like hushpuppi or Adeleke? NO cos no good legit business anymore.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by aleeyus(m): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
Egg Distribution/supply Business? This world is sick I'm out!
Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by AAinEqGuinea: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
wink love it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by israelmao(m): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
Locate mallams that are making tea and also selling cooked Indomie and dried egg.Locate food vendors that are into school feeding program.Resourceful article!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by olawaz1: 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2019
Thanks for this info, it is surely helpful!

1 Like

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by AsomArchitectNG(m): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
Are you about to start your building project then see my signature
Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by 2blessed01(m): 6:30pm On Mar 19, 2019
10qs 4 D Info!

1 Like

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by Enniez2018(m): 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
Really informative, been in the egg chain business for a couple of years now

5 Likes

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by Babastag(m): 6:33pm On Mar 19, 2019
Correct i need number of egg plant in ph

1 Like

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by aAK1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
Informative
Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
cool
Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by oyetunder(m): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
You mean eggs? Im confused since our babes are all chicks? Are they now laying eggs?

1 Like

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by tee59(f): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
I like this. Thanks op.

3 Likes

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by xoxocandy(f): 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
nice

1 Like

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
fvck:
Nice one Op but can this legit egg business make me rich like hushpuppi or Adeleke? NO cos no good legit business anymore.

"With Oluwa all things are possible"

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by eghuan1(m): 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
Am sure you'll still succeed in this business without a delivery van. But it will reduce your output or reach. I know a woman close to my house who delivers eggs by hand everyday, and she's happy with it

3 Likes

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by nurez305(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by kaen1317: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2019
Government that can distribute and supply electricity wants its citizens to distribute and supply eggs. Well done.
Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
My cousin's first attempt on egg distribution he lost all his money all de egg got broken. I rather have a provision store than to supply eggs. # my take on dis
Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by Floryangel8: 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
The way, very lucrative if you know, but that price you gave is low. Here in Jos egg is way higher.
Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by extremelygolden: 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
Very informative. I will like to go into eggs supply/distribution business one day soon.
Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by Maket: 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
I am saying God bless you.

Mr Sada is a farmer. He lives in Sapele just like Success the warri school girl.

He grows yam, cassava, corn and oranges at that time there is no Obasanjo to introduce poultry.

He works hard and goes to church on Sunday but as a poultry farmer your mind will be in your farm while in the church.

Eggs is very nutritious and good for the body. Marketing in both Rural and Urban environment just like success story of warri.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by bluefilm: 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nice thread.

Entrepreneurship is the only way out now for our teeming youths.

3 Likes

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by midnighter(f): 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
This is really nice smiley

Someone should also do one about snail and fish farming

Diversifying the economy...one post at a time

vickydevoka:
My cousin's first attempt on egg distribution he lost all his money all de egg got broken. I rather have a provision store than to supply eggs. # my take on dis

i was once on my way out of the market when i passed a crowd of people lamenting and consoling one girl..i went closer and saw that she had smashed her entire stock of eggs and was trying to pack the insides into leather

thats what first came to mind when i saw the post but i hesitated about sharing it since the OP made a lot of effort. People should just be careful or better still invest in good quality crates to save them headache, though it may cost more

5 Likes

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
If ur not careful u go lose . My friend tried it. He was sold nearly bad eggs. The people he sold to later came for him
Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by icankel: 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
My sister Inlaw has been in this business for so.e time now even after acquiring her Msc she said is far better than some office work. she's doing well in d business

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by luvme0702: 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nice one. Bless you.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria by formular2002(m): 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
As much as i love the tenacity and optimism of the OP, the truth is that Egg dealership is becoming harder this days because farmers now sell directly to retailers and even consumers. And another point is that prices now go for around 1k per crate, even from the farm. So dealership is profitable only on a large scale where supply is done on a large scale and a unit marginal profit can make sense on the long run.
Though with God, all things are possible but realities are there for us to see.
Kudos to the OP for the write-up

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Declares November 10 Black Friday / Social Media Handle Mandatory KYC Requirement For Bank Customers- CBN / !!b!!!!!!!bbbb!!!!!!!bbb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.