Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,021 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? (1068 Views)

Drop A Flirty Line / How Do U Approach A Lady/guy U Admire: Drop A Line! / In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by eNKe1: 7:52am On Sep 05, 2010
hello,
Didn't find personals, didn't know where to put this, so I decided here. Why, it'll perhaps get more responses.
Just wanted you guys to advise someone dying for it. I don't get to talk to a lot of people, so it's diffifult finding out.
I just happen to be too nice, I guess. I'm always inclined towards helping people, even when it puts me in some dire situations. Why can't I just stop? I dunno. I try, I try, but it's like my life is dependent on it.
Somehow, I get the awkward feeling that people don't appreciate it when they know you'll be willing to help them. Why is this for Christ's sake? I mean, can't they just be glad there's a helping hand? Then again, I just wanted to know what you guys think of those who help "a lot", I mean in any situations, or go the length others scarcely go, perhaps even in a relationship, though not necessarily in a relationship.
I'm just less of a Nigerian to understand all of this.
Then when I try to be harsh, I find it incredibly nauseating; yet my desire is not to be in people's radar all too frequently. Apparently, helping them puts me there, albeit in bad light. Then coupled with this, I go my way; won't fight when annoyed by others, and am extremely polite ( I guess). All of these appear to me to be put-offs, and not in the general line of being "cool". Of course, it isn't that I am dying to be cool, but of course, I don't want to be uncool either!

Note: yab if you want to. you think it will matter?
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by madlady(f): 8:10am On Sep 05, 2010
eNKe!:

hello,
Didn't find personals, didn't know where to put this, so I decided here. Why, it'll perhaps get more responses.
Just wanted you guys to advise someone dying for it. I don't get to talk to a lot of people, so it's diffifult finding out.
I just happen to be too nice, I guess.

I'm always inclined towards helping people, even when it puts me in some dire situations.

Why can't I just stop? I dunno. I try, I try, but it's like my life is dependent on it.

Somehow, I get the awkward feeling that people don't appreciate it when they know you'll be willing to help them. Why is this for Christ's sake? I mean, can't they just be glad there's a helping hand? Then again, I just wanted to know what you guys think of those who help "a lot", I mean in any situations, or go the length others scarcely go, perhaps even in a relationship, though not necessarily in a relationship.
I'm just less of a Nigerian to understand all of this.
Then when I try to be harsh, I find it incredibly nauseating; yet my desire is not to be in people's radar all too frequently. Apparently, helping them puts me there, albeit in bad light. Then coupled with this, I go my way; won't fight when annoyed by others, and am extremely polite ( I guess). All of these appear to me to be put-offs, and not in the general line of being "cool". Of course, it isn't that I am dying to be cool, but of course, I don't want to be uncool either!

Note: yab if you want to. you think it will matter?

That's my problem also.

Today is a new day, I will still help but, I have to be 99% I am doing the correct thing.

Help if you can BUT be careful who you help. If being harsh causes you pain ( I know the feeling) then don't be harsh.

I think undecided you just need to hang with peeps who are like minded, no need to change the way you do things (maybe undecided)
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by madlady(f): 8:12am On Sep 05, 2010
undecided
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2010
Yawn
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by Rocktation(f): 11:45am On Sep 05, 2010
OMGosh, i think me like you already. But what d'you think people say about you? Nice people are simply what they are - Nice people.
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by 1102(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2010
can some one tell me what this thread is about

cos i cant grasp the meaning of this message,
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by madlady(f): 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2010
^^^It's about being nice to peeps, very rare on this hmmmm these days.
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2010
If you must be nice, be nice to mature people.

When you go around being kind to stuupid people, they'll just end up making a fool of you.

Speaking from experience.
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by madlady(f): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2010
^^That's very good advice (4real)*** noted***.
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by yme1(f): 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2010
my dad was and is still nice to the extent they almost drained his life out for him undecided
and that same nice ness runs in the family
but one way or another power must change hands cause there are some many peeps out there who doesnt deserve the nice attitude from me
it is said once beaten twice shy, if it is gonna take me rippin this heart out literally am ma do it
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by eNKe1: 8:59am On Mar 06, 2012
Two years later and I'm still the same!!
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by Dyt(f): 9:22am On Mar 06, 2012
^^ do ppl rili change?
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 06, 2012
Nice to have as friends as they will do anything to please you. You could count on them anytime.
Try not to get pissed off when they are 'too nice'.
Reciprocate their friendship and care.
Be there for them too whenever you can.
Stand up for them and defend them whenever the need arise.
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by Killz3(m): 10:22am On Mar 06, 2012
^^^
Beat them up when you are angry with them too. . . wink
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by dabrake(m): 10:33am On Mar 06, 2012
op, continue with the act. you don't know where your reward will be. just don't stop no matter what happens.
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2012
KILLZ

If any of your gay biiitches has beaten you up before for being too nice tell them a certain BREEZY says that's. Very UNMANLY of them.
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by tpia5: 11:36am On Mar 06, 2012
@ topic

just dont do it.

Get a pet instead, or simply learn to put yourself first- nothing wrong with that.
Re: Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? by toygod2: 4:54am On Aug 01, 2012
Nice people are designed to b nice,evn wen u frustrate them.
OP,jst be ur humble sef

(1) (Reply)

Should Girls Call Guys? / I Don't Like Pigs & Can't Keep Dogs / Please I Will Love To Know What Do Kiss Means To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.