Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh (7910 Views)

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa To Reveal Contents Of Judicial Panel Report If Tampered With / Lekki: Fashola Illegally Tampered With Exhibits - Ebun Adegboruwa, SAN / Results Are Being Tampered With- Chris Smith, US Congressman, Nigerian Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by akelicious(m): 4:34am On Mar 21, 2019
Former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, has offered an insight into what prompted the sudden change of the lawyers defending him in the fraud charge brought against him by the Federal Government.

In a statement yesterday, Metuh claimed that his counsel had been under “immense intimidation and harassment in the past three years of the trial.”

He said the matter assumed a disturbing dimension following the alleged threats to their lives in the last couple of weeks.

His words: “The fact is that in the past three years, my counsel have been under immense intimidation and harassment on account of the conduct of this case.

“Despite their travails, they have held steadfast on my innocence and have gone to considerable personal costs in the conduct of the case.

“However, in the last few weeks, I have become aware that their lives and personal freedom have been under severe threats which informed their application to the court to withdraw from the case.”

He went on: “Secondly, because of the day to day trial ordered by the court, it became difficult for them to give my case the time and full energy the matter demanded given their diaries and involvement in other cases, including election cases.

“It is public knowledge that in the course of this trial, I have restricted the travails to myself only, as I do not wish any other person to be part of the humiliation and tribulation, including health challenge and persecution, that I have suffered over time.”

The ex-spokesman therefore concluded that “rather than allowing the issue of their withdrawal to be at the discretion of the court, it was better in the circumstance to free them from the harrowing challenges they have been facing on account of the conduct of this case.

“It is pertinent to state that the said counsel are however still representing me in other matters in other courts as my estimation, respect and value for them have increased now more than ever before.”

He further noted: “Also, there has been a smooth transition as I have been mindful of any undue delay in the change of counsel, even with the difficulty and near impossibility of getting a senior counsel in Nigeria, who will endure the threats and pressures from official quarters as well as abandon election petitions in this season.”

Metuh hoped that at the end of the day, justice would not only be done but also seen to have been done in the matter.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/why-i-tampered-with-my-defence-team-by.html

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by Bilyonaire: 5:02am On Mar 21, 2019
It is often said that the truth takes the stairs while the lie takes the elevator...

Make of my statement what you will.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by iyayip(m): 5:03am On Mar 21, 2019
cool
Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by chiedu7: 5:03am On Mar 21, 2019
Dem no see Gandollar go harass oh!

1 Like

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by peacettw: 5:03am On Mar 21, 2019
This makes no sense Metuh and you know it. The papers reported that the alleged threats came from you cos you felt your old lawyers messed up your case while milking you dry.

So, what's so special about this new lawyer? Is he from Krypton with special powers to ward off death threats, immense intimidation, harassment, humiliation, tribulations, persecution and lack of energy? (his words in the article, not mine)

I wonder what transpired backstage to make you release this statement publicly. It is most unusual.

My best guess is that your old lawyers threatened to sue you for defamation of character and threats so you had your new lawyer write this up. I don't blame them though because any lay man would have thought they didn't know what they were doing legally and their business could have been affected in the long run.

Metuh, always learn to choose your battles.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by OddsIsland(m): 5:04am On Mar 21, 2019
They are just trying to disgrace this man for reasons best known to them. 400 million for publicity is not much money.
Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by Truefaith: 5:06am On Mar 21, 2019
Leviticus 19:15
Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

God's judgment is straight and just.

And everyone will stand before God's judgment throne one day.

If the Lord Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, is not your Advocate, how do you hope to escape God's wrath?

www.thetruechristianfaith.com/what-must-i-do-to-be-saved/

1 Like

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by Judybash93(m): 5:07am On Mar 21, 2019
Bilyonaire:
It is often said that the truth takes the stairs while the lie takes the elevator...

Make of my statement what you will.

At a point, the truth will get to it's destination

2 Likes

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by StOla: 5:07am On Mar 21, 2019
Olisa Metuh, when are you going to pay the N1b appearance fee that Jonathan requested for so that he can come and appear as a witness to incriminate himself by confirming that he was the one that asked Dasuki to pay you public security funds for the private job you executed for him?

I do not like how Olisa Metuh has been abandoned by the PDP and Jonathan that he worked for.

https://punchng.com/jonathan-paid-the-money-im-being-prosecuted-for-metuh/amp/

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1133079-testifying-metuhs-case-expose-criminal-trial-goodluck-jonathan.html

https://www.thecable.ng/subpoena-pay-n1bn-traveling-security-expenses-jonathan-tells-metuh/amp

Even he should not have been stubborn and arrogant when everyone were offered the waiver to return their public funds. Only for him to suffer and begin to beg the government that he was now willing to accept a refund offer that had been foreclosed when he boasted that he should be taken to court if the prosecution had a case against him.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by ipobarethieves: 5:11am On Mar 21, 2019
wink grin Metuh is still alive .He's one of Atu-aku friend

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 21, 2019
losers everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by jericco1(m): 5:16am On Mar 21, 2019
look at this Thespian. go and face your trial abeg.. if you like turn the court room to a circus you will still end up behind bars. if you like tweak, root, format or even jailbreak your defence team it won't save your sorry ass

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by StOla: 5:16am On Mar 21, 2019
But at the resumed sitting on Monday, the former president asked the court to set aside the subpoena on the ground that he knows nothing about the charges brought against Metuh.

Were his prayer not granted, he sought an order for the court to direct Metuh to pay him the sum of N1 billion as travelling expenses for himself and his security personnel from Otuoke, his hometown in Bayelsa, to Abuja.

The money, according to the former President, is also to cover his travelling expenses, security, and logistics.

In a motion filed by Mike Ozekhome, his counsel, Jonathan based his prayers on the ground that his appearance in court would amount to an invasion of his privacy, and family life.

https://www.thecable.ng/subpoena-pay-n1bn-traveling-security-expenses-jonathan-tells-metuh/amp

Jonathan is wicked, walahi!

He has abandoned Metuh.

Meanwhile, Mike Ozekhome is enjoying the dividends of democracy, defending all the known looters of public funds, and collecting his own share legally to better his family.

I swear that public officers stealing are the monkeys working in shame and stigma and high BP, while lawyers are the baboons chopping without any stigma.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by Bizznezz: 5:17am On Mar 21, 2019
1k each

Whatsapp / call : O8O32201503

Nationwide delivery

1 Like

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by adams247go: 5:56am On Mar 21, 2019
URGENTLY NEEDED - 3D ANIMATIONS, UI/UX DESIGNERS, MULTIMEDIA DESIGNERS, DIGITAL MARKETING AND PHOTOGRAPHY INSTRUCTORS (MUST BE RESIDENTS OF LAGOS AND ABUJA)

We require the services of professionals for the above positions to join our in house professionals in delivering most advanced practical ICT training programmes we are known and highly respected for due to demands for these training which are much more than our current capacity as we have trainees who come from within and outside of Lagos to attend classes at our Lagos Training Center

We offer life and career changing training programs in MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT, WEBSITE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT, DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING, JAVA, JAVASCRIPT, PHP/MYSQL, 3D ANIMATIONS, GRAPHICS DESIGN, MOTION GRAPHICS, VIDEO EDITING, PHOTOGRAPHY, PYTHON, and LARAVEL which we always say it with all BOLDNESS and without any reservation that YOU CANT ATTEND OUR TRAINING PROGRAMS AND GO BACK THE SAME, EXCEPT OF COURSE IF YOU ARE A PERENNIAL 'OLODO'

With amazing testimonials from our graduates (some of whom are currently gainfully employed in organisations both within and outside Nigeria and other applying skills and techniques obtained from the training unto their businesses and brands) as well from current trainees, we are poised to constantly push beyond our boundaries to constantly deliver top notch training programs and environment that conform with global standard

BEFORE YOU APPLY - UNDERSTAND THIS!

We are very selective because our trainees have come to trust us to better impact in their professional career - their doubts of whether we will deliver on our promises to give them best of training usually wear off immediately after their first classes - even though our prices are ridiculously affordable

And so for you to be part of our team of instructors - to train, teach and mentor (not lecture) our trainees (both individuals and corporate trainees), your working portfolio MUST be professional and must also have real gift of teaching professionally

NOTE that for those professionals in Abuja, the Abuja training commences on April 16th and assessment for you will be done before then and for those who will be applying as

To apply, send you CV, detailed sample portfolio and location (you can add a cover note with the email) to the email on the banner attached

IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT OF YOU TRAINING ABILITIES, APPLY NOW!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by dotedote: 6:15am On Mar 21, 2019
cheesy grin
OddsIsland:
They are just trying to disgrace this man for reasons best known to them. 400 million for publicity is not much money.
Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by Yankee101: 6:23am On Mar 21, 2019
Money don finish

SAN too expensive

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by aliscomonaj: 6:34am On Mar 21, 2019
You r a thief as well
OddsIsland:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 21, 2019
peacettw:
This makes no sense Metuh and you know it. The papers reported that the alleged threats came from you cos you felt your old lawyers messed up your case while milking you dry.

So, what's so special about this new lawyer? Is he from Krypton with special powers to ward off death threats, immense intimidation, harassment, humiliation, tribulations, persecution and lack of energy? (his words in the article, not mine)

I wonder what transpired backstage to make you release this statement publicly. It is most unusual.

My best guess is that your old lawyers threatened to sue you for defamation of character and threats so you had your new lawyer write this up. I don't blame them though because any lay man would have thought they didn't know what they were doing legally and their business could have been affected in the long run.

Metuh, always learn to choose your battles.

So you believe the papers than the man in question?

You believe the money chasers than the main actor.

You believe the media judges than the judged.

What a country.

1 Like

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by ipobarethieves: 6:39am On Mar 21, 2019
undecided lipsrsealed wink cool A sick man dey eat chicken,wash am down with exotic wine/green bottle.How is dat one a sick,invalid man?No escape for any thieves in diz bubu government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by Wantedmiller: 6:40am On Mar 21, 2019
BaBa metuh...... We Nigerians don't want to know.
Tell us how many years you will spend in jail.
we can now listen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by yuanexchanger: 6:41am On Mar 21, 2019
strong man of kogi.
Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by peacettw: 6:52am On Mar 21, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

So you believe the papers than the man in question?

You believe the money chasers than the main actor.

You believe the media judges than the judged.

What a country.

I believe in what makes the most sense.

He fired his lawyers even when he knew they had already filed a motion in court to stop representing him. This alone showed that something was wrong and even the judge expressed as much.

Now, the same man who took this irrational path is now issuing a public statement in favour of the same lawyers he had fired unceremoniously.

Something changed and whatever it was was not in Metuh’s favour.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by StOla: 7:09am On Mar 21, 2019
OddsIsland:

Indeed it is not much money if it was not public funds meant to prosecute war against boko haram.

Jonathan rather than pay from his own purse for personal publicity job, directed the ONSA to pay Metuh with public funds.

Same Jonathan has refused to show up in court even after Metuh requested that the court subpoena Jonathan, to come corroborate his tale that he supplied his bank account to Jonathan, but same account was credited by the ONSA whom he never gave the account details. Jonathan demanded from Metuh for N1b as appearance fee.

The late Tony Anenih also confirmed that he gave his account details to Jonathan, but was credited by the ONSA whom he never supplied such account details.

Jonathan is determined that he will not use his own mouth to incriminate himself in a fraud he truly committed.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by agabusta: 7:11am On Mar 21, 2019
Joker. Your lawyers banked on Atku's victory and the case being thrown into the dustbin afterwards.

With the crushing defeat of Atiku, and with every delay tactic cut down by the eagle eyed Justice Abang, they lost all hopes and had to abandon you so as not to taint their legal records.

I have come to realise that politically exposed persons strategically use two sets of lawyers. One set to frustrate the case from coming to full trial, and the 2nd team to pursue the case if the delay tactics fails. That is exactly what Metuh is doing.

With every delay tactic cut down, he has no other option than to mobilise the 2nd team to take over the actual trial.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by agabusta: 7:29am On Mar 21, 2019
chiedu7:
Dem no see Gandollar go harass oh!

Ganduje has immunity from prosecution, wait till his immunity is striped.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by agabusta: 7:33am On Mar 21, 2019
aliscomonaj:
You r a thief as well

You can imagine the nonsense coming out of someone's mouth. He didn't even question the source of the funds.
Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by peacettw: 7:36am On Mar 21, 2019
agabusta:
Joker. Your lawyers banked on Atku's victory and the case being thrown into the dustbin afterwards.

With the crushing defeat of Atiku, and with every delay tactic cut down by the eagle eyed Justice Abang, they lost all hopes and had to abandon you so as not to taint their legal records.

I have come to realise that politically exposed persons strategically use two sets of lawyers. One set to frustrate the case from coming to full trial, and the 2nd team to pursue the case if the delay tactics fails. That is exactly what Metuh is doing.

With every delay tactic cut down, he has no other option than to mobilise the 2nd team to take over the actual trial.

Makes a lot of sense. One question pls, why not use a SAN this second time around? And are lawyers meant to do that, abandon you when the going gets rough?

1 Like

Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by agabusta: 7:47am On Mar 21, 2019
peacettw:

Makes a lot of sense. One question pls, why not use a SAN this second time around? And are lawyers meant to do that, abandon you when the going gets rough?

Saraki did same thing after attempts to frustrate his case at the CCT failed. After it became obvious that the case will proceed to trial, the SANs leading the onslaught against the case going to trial pulled out and another set took over during the substantive trial.

agabusta:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/192676-breaking-sarakis-lawyers-withdraw-from-corruption-trial-vacate-tribunal.html?amp_markup=1

https://www.thecable.ng/danladi-agabi-key-figures-sarakis-90-week-trial/amp
Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by rexwalters: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2019
StOla:
Olisa Metuh, when are you going to pay the N1b appearance fee that Jonathan requested for so that he can come and appear as a witness to incriminate himself by confirming that he was the one that asked Dasuki to pay you public security funds for the private job you executed for him?

I do not like how Olisa Metuh has been abandoned by the PDP and Jonathan that he worked for.

https://punchng.com/jonathan-paid-the-money-im-being-prosecuted-for-metuh/amp/

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1133079-testifying-metuhs-case-expose-criminal-trial-goodluck-jonathan.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=metuh+jonathan+appearance+fee&oq=metuh+jonathan+appearance+fee&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.15087j0j4&client=ms-android-tecno&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Even he should not have been stubborn and arrogant when everyone were offered the waiver to return their public funds. Only for him to suffer and begin to beg the government that he was now willing to accept a refund offer that had been foreclosed when he boasted that he should be taken to court if the prosecution had a case against him.
The impunity under pdp for 16 years was immense,he got carried away,it took him awhile to realize that government powers had changed hands.
Re: Why I Tampered With My Defence Team, By Metuh by peacettw: 8:20am On Mar 21, 2019
agabusta:

Saraki did same thing after attempts to frustrate his case at the CCT failed. After it became obvious that the case will proceed to trial, the SANs leading the onslaught against the case going to trial pulled out and another set took over during the substantive trial.

Wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awkward Moment Buhari Snubs Tinibu's Wife As He Exchanges Pleasantries / Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses / Sahara Live Results Part Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.