Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,714 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses (7894 Views)

A Youth & 2 Soldiers Killed In Izombe, Imo, 50 Houses Burnt / Gunmen Kill Okpe Denis Ijoko In Benue, Burn 50 Houses / Tinubu Family Takes Possession Of Land With 50 Houses In Surulere Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Ebinpiawazuu: 4:51pm On Mar 08

Suspected armed herdsmen on Thursday evening, attacked Wandor, Mbaikyor community in the Mbalom Council Ward of Gwer East Local Government Area, LGA of Benue State, killing a retired army officer, and 15 others.

The invaders also razed over 50 houses, huts, farmlands and food barns in 11 settlements in the attack.

DAILY POST reports that the attack came about six years after a similar attack by armed herdsmen on St. Ignatius Catholic Church, Ukpor Parish, Mbalom Gwer East LGA, which claimed the lives of two Catholic priests and 17 parishioners.

A survivor of the attack who spoke on conditions of anonymity said the well-armed marauders numbering about 40 stormed the community at about 7pm and opened fire on the locals who were taken unawares.

The Caretaker Chairman of Gwer East LGA, Mrs Comfort Agbo while confirming the development said, β€œat the moment there is relative peace in the Wandor community. 16 bodies have so far been recovered. Two were injured and are receiving treatment.

β€œThose who attacked and killed my people are suspected armed herdsmen. The security operatives are currently moving the bodies to the mortuary.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Superintendent, SP, Catherine Anene who confirmed the development said the Police Commissioner was on his way to the scene of the attack for an assessment.

Meanwhile, the State Deputy Governor, Sam Ode was said to have also led a delegation to the community.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/08/again-unknown-gunmen-attack-benue-community-kill-16-raze-over-50-houses/

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Rigie: 4:53pm On Mar 08
Ebinpiawazuu:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/08/again-unknown-gunmen-attack-benue-community-kill-16-raze-over-50-houses/
I hate news like this. Did people dying like did are people's relative's and friends

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Olachase(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08
What's their Governor doing concerning this killing

Pray for Benue πŸ™πŸ™

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Bridget95(f): 5:01pm On Mar 08
Why can't government kill this killer herdsmen?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Nvestor02: 5:02pm On Mar 08
Trew
Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by SoNature(m): 5:20pm On Mar 08
Benuejosh and Omenkalives, your state is on fire! Stop ass-licking the government in power. Mobilize your youths and fight back!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by benuejosh: 5:31pm On Mar 08
The community members have a hand in that.

As i will always say, there's no killing by whosoever or whatever name they choose to call it that happens without the knowledge or connection of the locals. It has been proven time without numbers.

Check well, it will not be herdsmen. Which herdsmen if i may ask? How did they get entrance into that local government? Who led them? See, The only place i will agree with the Fulani herdsmen is former governor Ortom's local government which is Guma Local Government. Because he brought those ones to kill his people for whatever reason he thought he was doing it for.

Those bandits or gunmen they keep mentioning in Benue are like those UNKNOWN GUN MEN that we know that exist from the South East.

The locals should be investigated to ascertain their involvement in such barbaric act.

I repeat, the locals should be investigated.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Lumarstone: 6:31pm On Mar 08
All these gunmen, are they living in the sky? Why are they causing additional harm to the people of Benue State? Governor Alia should please do something as a matter of urgency.

I left..!

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by BrodaBenad: 6:51pm On Mar 08
Election has consequences cry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Rantingpiglets: 7:09pm On Mar 08
JESUS!!!

Just see the way a supposed person is talking.

You can't even MENTION Fulani in your response.

What is happening in BENUE is a classic example of useful idiots that don't have brains.

Thank GOD for ESN...and other groups that will kill Fulani Herdsmen brutally

@benuejosh.. you will meet Fulani Herdsmen brutality soonest...

Shame on you...

benuejosh:
The community members have a hand in that.

As i will always say, there's no killing by whosoever or whatever name they choose to call it that happens without the knowledge or connection of the locals. It has been proven time without numbers.

Check well, it will not be herdsmen. Which herdsmen if i may ask? How did they get entrance into that local government? Who led them? See, The only place i will agree with the Fulani herdsmen is former governor Ortom's local government which is Guma Local Government. Because he brought those ones to kill his people for whatever reason he thought he was doing it for.

Those bandits or gunmen they keep mentioning in Benue are like those UNKNOWN GUN MEN that we know that exist from the South East.

The locals should be investigated to ascertain their involvement in such barbaric act.

I repeat, the locals should be investigated.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Rantingpiglets: 7:11pm On Mar 08
I swear down bro.

But Benue youths are gallantly foolish. Let alone their Politicans.

So pathetic.. angry

BrodaBenad:
Election has consequences cry

10 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by BrodaBenad: 7:17pm On Mar 08
Rantingpiglets:
I swear down bro.

But Benue youths are gallantly foolish. Let alone their Politicans.

So pathetic.. angry

Deep down Gowon and most Middle Belt people regret joining force with Fulanis against secession smiley

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by gidgiddy: 7:39pm On Mar 08
Bridget95:

Because their ethnic group is "special"

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Rantingpiglets: 8:45pm On Mar 08
Gowon is a failure. He was a prop while the Fulani were the architects of all his useless policies against BIAFRANs.

Gowon should be killed publicly and ruthlessly, so as to serve as a deterrent to other useful Idiots of the FULANI expansion agenda.

Awolowo was subjugated and dumped by the same Fulani. Tinubu is a puppet of the same FULANI.

It's only IGBOs that are confronting a menance that is gaining traction everyday. The sad thing is that, foolish Yoruba that support TINUBU and MURIC are championing the agenda directly by being useful Idiots of the caliphate.

Thank GOD for ESN and other groups that don't need advertising, that deal with these worthless uncircumcised FULANi Herdsmen.

BrodaBenad:

Deep down Gowon and most Middle Belt people regret joining force with Fulanis against secession smiley

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by BrodaBenad: 9:31pm On Mar 08
Rantingpiglets:
Gowon is a failure. He was a prop while the Fulani were the architects of all his useless policies against BIAFRANs.

Gowon should be killed publicly and ruthlessly, so as to serve as a deterrent to other useful Idiots of the FULANI expansion agenda.

Awolowo was subjugated and dumped by the same Fulani. Tinubu is a puppet of the same FULANI.

It's only IGBOs that are confronting a menance that is gaining traction everyday. The sad thing is that, foolish Yoruba that support TINUBU and MURIC are championing the agenda directly by being useful Idiots of the caliphate.

Thank GOD for ESN and other groups that don't need advertising, that deal with these worthless uncircumcised FULANi Herdsmen.

facts

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by zombieHUNTER: 9:47pm On Mar 08
Bridget95:

Do we have a government?..

We don't have any government

killings, kidnappings, robbery everyday..

Government is non existence

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by zombieHUNTER: 9:51pm On Mar 08
BrodaBenad:

Karma is real

This is karma at work on your very eyes..

Gowons people and state is being massacred on a daily and I dare him to say something about this..

He can't.. we all know the reason he can't..

BTW, APc can NEVER solve the insecurity in the middle belt..
Tinubu is incompetent
Tinubu will have to step on toes to fight the terrorists.. he's more occupied with 2027 elections..

Gowon will die a miserable death
knowing fully well that his people will be roasted like chickens on a weekly basis

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by EbinPawaGovt: 1:34am On Mar 09
Their lives do not matter. Just wait for a topic about Igbo, the smartest tribe in Africa and every Nigerian, from North ti South starts foaming in their mouths.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by EbinPawaGovt: 1:37am On Mar 09
BrodaBenad:

You're a joker. They'll do it again and again. In fact, nothing unites this entity called Nigeria like their hatred for Igbo. That's why some peripheral Igbos deny their Igboness to be freed from hatred. Yet...
Just look at how Yoruba Muslim minions are castigating the late Wigwe and his family despite the Ikwerre denial of their Igboness.

Case study.

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Agbadocassava: 6:40am On Mar 09
How many people con remain for Benue like dis?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by santaclaws: 6:40am On Mar 09
So much blood being spilled in Benue and Southern Kaduna.

A government that cannot secure lives and properties is a useless government. APC shame!
(meanwhile I no sabi Obidients papa, I no sabi PDP mama, make all of una getat!).

The military and police are basically useless at this point, so the only way to secure yourself is to SECURE YOURSELF!
Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by BluntCrazeMan: 6:42am On Mar 09
When will all these end?

Now we will be forced to ask what Gov. ALIA had done first while waiting for TINUBU.
Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Franking: 6:44am On Mar 09
Just like that and nothing will happen instead more atrocities will be committed and only rhetorics. Are we really in a zoo?

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Houseontherock1: 6:44am On Mar 09
If you are too weak to fight these killers physically and the government won't fight for you, go back to your traditional ways of fighting and protection...unless all the African traditional juju are just by mouth undecided
Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Pat081: 6:46am On Mar 09
Olachase:

Pray for Benue πŸ™πŸ™
Maybe the governor fail to do what his party members want that is why
Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by AMAUCHESKY(m): 6:47am On Mar 09
Security that was supposed to go after them is moving dead bodies to....
Strong Addiction required strategic steps to overcome because is like a virus in the blood..
Contact me via my signature for help
Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Stevenson20: 6:49am On Mar 09
G
Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by demseysmart: 6:50am On Mar 09
Olachase:

Pray for Benue πŸ™πŸ™
Has any governor in Benue state being able to Mitigate this killing? Those niggers in Benue should rise and fight for their self.
Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Pat081: 6:54am On Mar 09
EbinPawaGovt:

You're a joker. They'll do it again and again. In fact, nothing unites this entity called Nigeria like their hatred for Igbo. That's why some peripheral Igbos deny their Igboness to be freed from hatred. Yet...
Just look at how Yoruba Muslim minions are castigating the late Wigwe and his family despite the Ikwerre denial of their Igboness.

Case study.
why do some lgbo like you always talk brainless like this? Yorbua hate Igbo if they hate you people,they will not be leaving with you people peaceful in some part of Southwest state
Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Stevenson20: 6:55am On Mar 09
Fulani wants to take Benue state by all means necessary. Sometimes, I just wonder if Benue youths are cursed. Fulani people slaughtering them like cows yet they are not bothered to retaliate.
Every sensible person knows that these Fulani's are terrorists but Nigerian government feel otherwise. Fulani's don't deserve to leave with humans, those people are monsters.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Nwaokunkpara: 6:59am On Mar 09
THE PROBLEM OF ANY SOLDIER IN NIGERIA IS THE CIVILIAN HENCE THE USE OF THE WORDS "BLOODY CIVILIANS".

Tell me why is it that it is always the armless masses that pays the price always?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses by Kennyztech: 7:01am On Mar 09
Pathetic

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway / Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe / Congratulations To President Elect Gen. Mohamodu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.