Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It (1867 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by 9jatriot(m): 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2019
The case against Onnoghen if we are to believe the media onslaught is becoming watering. He seems to have iron cast alibi for all the accusations.

Yet something does not seem right. First of all, he suspended the meeting of the NJC indefinitely, the meeting was not even going to be primarily about him but a routine meeting that could probably, I mean probably had have a look at the allegations against him and act on it based on the merit of the allegation. Yet he did not just postpone the meeting to another day, instead he postponed the meeting indefinitely.

Then rather than show up at the tribunal, he deploy all the techniques we have come to associate with politicians, people like Melaye, Metuh and FFK. He even went as far as saying he could not come to court because of tooth ache. Then when the case finally starts he seems to suddenly have a defence for all the allegations. Something just does not add up.

Now I am thinking, it is possible the man really has skeleton in his cupboard that he thought the FG had discovered and so he was reacting to that only to discover that all that the FG had was the far lesser charge that he could explain. I am likening it to when a parent shouts the name of his kids in a manner that suggest that the parents has discovered he bashed his car, and the child comes to the presence of his parents ready to beg for forgiveness only for the parents to be angry that the sitting room is not well arranged. Although not arranging the sitting room in this context may be considered an offence, but it will be an offence the child will gladly accept than the more serious offence of having dented the family car.

I think the FG were probably very close to discovering something about Onnoghen which he initially thought was what they had on him otherwise this whole process makes no sense.
Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Cletus77(m): 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nobody asked you to get it..

If you don't get it..am not sure you will

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2019
Since you don't get It, forget it. Nobody cares.

Meanwhile go find out why CCT could not jail Tunubu. May be then you will get it.

12 Likes

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 23, 2019
9jatriot:
The case against Onnoghen if we are to believe the media onslaught is becoming watering. He seems to have iron cast alibi for all the accusations.

Yet something does not seem right. First of all, he suspended the meeting of the NJC indefinitely, the meeting was not even going to be primarily about him but a routine meeting that could probably, I mean probably had have a look at the allegations against him and act on it based on the merit of the allegation. Yet he did not just postpone the meeting to another day, instead he postponed the meeting indefinitely.

Then rather than show up at the tribunal, he deploy all the techniques we have come to associate with politicians, people like Melaye, Metuh and FFK. He even went as far as saying he could not come to court because of tooth ache. Then when the case finally starts he seems to suddenly have a defence for all the allegations. Something just does not add up.

Now I am thinking, it is possible the man really has skeleton in his cupboard that he thought the FG had discovered and so he was reacting to that only to discover that all that the FG had was the far lesser charge that he could explain. I am likening it to when a parent shouts the name of his kids in a manner that suggest that the parents has discovered he bashed his car, and the child comes to the presence of his parents ready to beg for forgiveness only for the parents to be angry that the sitting room is not well arranged. Although not arranging the sitting room in this context may be considered an offence, but it will be an offence the child will gladly accept than the more serious offence of having dented the family car.

I think the FG were probably very close to discovering something about Onnoghen which he initially thought was what they had on him otherwise this whole process makes no sense.

If Buhari's WAEC certificate is authentic, why is hiring SANs to defend him?

There's humiliation in him walking this path. That's what he wanted to avoid. Imagine him being docked. He is taking the path finally, and he will most certainly laugh last.

I know you still won't get it because your brain is "remote controlled" from an APC zombie server, but las las, you go dey alright.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by gare(f): 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2019
9jatriot:

I know you are in serious pains in because things are not working the way you want it to be concerning this case, I were you not aware that he was offered a deal by the presidency to retire with full benefits and the case will be dropped. But he insisted that he wants a full trial, why do you people derive so much joy in bringing people down, there are enough within your camp, APC to bring Down, what has happened to the case of former SFG, the case came a week to elections are now PMB has won I believe that is the end of that case.

I would want you to write an article for all the corrupt politicians in APC to tried and sent to jail after which you can then come to others if not keep your one sided article to yourself

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by orisa37: 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
If Buhari wants me dead now now there are Sycophants who will kill me for him without him asking.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by orisa37: 12:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
Jesus' Case was very Righteous and yet the Ungodly crucified Him.

1 Like

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by mushystuff: 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2019
OP! Next time police comes on a raid in ur area or wherever u happen to be at any time, don't run or attempt to evade arrest. Just go along, get arrested and suffer the ignominy of harsh, unlawful arrest where you'll be forced to part with ur hard earned funds just to secure your release despite ur possible innocence. Hopefully they don't frame u for arned robbery and eliminate u!

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by SarkinYarki: 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
Shut up and don't annoy us this morning

4 Likes

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
Now you finally deem it fit to ask questions?
If you had asked pertinent questions at the beginning of the case you would have see it was a witch hunt eg why all the rush? Even though we know nothing is ever rushed in Nigeria except witch hunting oppositions.
Next time don't be so gullible.
Imagine you are following the case with ur son, you would mislead him totally

3 Likes

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by AskProf: 2:24pm On Mar 23, 2019
9jatriot:

1 Like

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Foolishbuhari: 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
The zombies are finally coming out in shame and bowed heads!

I pray you all who castigated this man unfairly experience jungle justice or false accusations where no one wants to listen to your side of the story then you'd understand what that man was trying to avoid.

OP to answer your question, when you see a mob shouting Ole Ole and pointing and advancing towards you, don't run wait so you can explain your innocence to them. Ewu dindirin

7 Likes

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
9jatriot:

First you don't know what an office mean. What you see is a man but what the law and those whom you think were trying to frustrate the government saw was the sit where the man was sitting.

They tried to prevent a humiliation of the sit of the CJN. What you people applaud today will be what other will use to destroy this nation.

The law always make references to support their point of view. In respect to humiliating the sit of the CJN, the have seen one.

5 Likes

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by tuniski: 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
9jatriot:

Another warped propaganda!

3 Likes

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by samstradam: 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
9jatriot:

From the responses you have gotten it is clear that we are in serious trouble with the kind of youth we have in this country.

The case against Onnoghen is and has always been simple, he disobeyed the law by refusing to declare all his assets.

He himself has admitted to it and called it a mistake/oversight. It is up to the courts to determine if his admission of guilt and voluntary correction of it follows what the law has stated. Simple.

However the idiot did all the things you said to stop this from happening and delay justice thinking himself bigger than the Law that he serves and all normal Nigerians.

He by disregarding all his prior rulings on the CCT has shown us that following the Law is for the little people and clearly that some animals are more equal than others.

I might not like Adeleke, but even with his lack of education and zero reasons to believe in our judicial system when it comes to electoral matters and ruling against a sitting government, he has every single time subjected himself peacefully into the arms of the law and won every single time. ( I believe it is about 4-0 now)

The main casualty of this whole case has been the Judiciary and even if he is found innocent and the NJC fails to tell him to retire , our Judiciary will continue dying a slow and pathetic death with this Do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do running things.

1 Like

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by samstradam: 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

First you don't know what an office mean. What you see is a man but what the law and those whom you think were trying to frustrate the government saw was the sit where the man was sitting.

They tried to prevent a humiliation of the sit of the CJN. What you people applaud today will be what other will use to destroy this nation.

The law always make references to support their point of view. In respect to humiliating the sit of the CJN, the have seen one.

You are probably the kind of person that will scream "touch not my annointed" even if you see live your Pastor happily humping your wife.......

I just pray that one day we will be able to call a spade a spade in this country, no one is above the law and for the sake of this fragile union no one can be.

1 Like

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
samstradam:

You are probably the kind of person that will scream "touch not my annointed" even if you see live your Pastor happily humping your wife.......

I just pray that one day we will be able to call a spade a spade in this country, no one is above the law and for the sake of this fragile union no one can be.

Far from your illusion. I stand with due process any time any day. I am against media trial and slander because I have been a victim and I have seen many destroyed by it.

There is no untouchable anywhere in the world but if you must touch them, do that within the law.

4 Likes

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by sammyj: 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
grin grin grin Because he has Skeletons to hide na!!! grin
Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Foolishbuhari: 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2019
samstradam:

From the responses you have gotten it is clear that we are in serious trouble with the kind of youth we have in this country.

The case against Onnoghen is and has always been simple, he disobeyed the law by refusing to declare all his assets.

He himself has admitted to it and called it a mistake/oversight. It is up to the courts to determine if his admission of guilt and voluntary correction of it follows what the law has stated. Simple.

However the idiot did all the things you said to stop this from happening and delay justice thinking himself bigger than the Law that he serves and all normal Nigerians.

He by disregarding all his prior rulings on the CCT has shown us that following the Law is for the little people and clearly that some animals are more equal than others.

I might not like Adeleke, but even with his lack of education and zero reasons to believe in our judicial system when it comes to electoral matters and ruling against a sitting government, he has every single time subjected himself peacefully into the arms of the law and won every single time. ( I believe it is about 4-0 now)

The main casualty of this whole case has been the Judiciary and even if he is found innocent and the NJC fails to tell him to retire , our Judiciary will continue dying a slow and pathetic death with this Do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do running things.

Olodo he won't resign! If he is found innocent, he'd go back to his seat as the CJN with full benefits restored.

So this was you people's plan all along! They even offered him honorable retirement with full benefits for him not to see the case through court but he refused. Now he'd win like he should because he is innocent then he'd resign to please your father and massage your ego abi?

So many fools on NL

1 Like

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Gandollar(f): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
samstradam:

To educate you free of any charge, if a public officer fills an asset declaration form and submits, and upon investigation it is discovered that he had left out some aspects of his assets in the declaration, the law stipulates that the authorities calls his attention to it and an extra form is given to him to capture what he missed out.

If he refuses to update this may be claiming not to be linked to the assets uncovered, then the authorities have every right to bring a case against him on the backdrop that they are sure the undeclared assets belong to him.

Now was this process followed? The assets so far declared we're not even verified to ascertain they were his, but rather the authorities were cooking up fresh assets alledgedly linked to the CJN.

We may be partisan in our dealings depending on our individual interest, but we must bear in mind that there would always be consequences of any action we take.

1 Like

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Gandollar(f): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2019
samstradam:

Now this is a clear case of pointing an accusing finger at someone, while the remaining four fingers point back at you.

1 Like

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by pchukwudi: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2019
Your assertion is based on gross ignorance.

The entire moves by the FG and CCT were to humiliate the man CONTRARY to the rule of law.

The man's initial refusal to succumb to their harassment was TO PROTECT THE RULE OF LAW.

Everything the FG and CCT have done in this case was illegal. You guys are merely cheering illegality and lawlessness.

For example, the CCT was supposed to rule on the suit that questions its jurisdiction vo hear this case BEFORE commencing the trial, if it eventually,rules that it has jurisdiction. But what did the CCT do, it decided that it will rule on its jurisdiction after the trial.

Is that not pure madness?

By the way, per your bolded assertion below, the CCT is not part of the "Judicial System". It is actually part of the Executive Arm. That's the reason its jurisdiction to try a sitting CJN was called to question. And since there's no legal means to impose their authority, they retorted to suspending the CJN unconstitutionally and used the federal security agencies to force his compliance. This is wrong and illegal on all fronts.

samstradam:

1 Like

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by aghogho62: 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2019
I Want To Beleive That Those People Writing Trash Up There Are Not In The Country When They Labelled This Man With 55 Houses And Billion Dollar, Pounds, Euro And Naira. So Now, It Is No More 55 Houses And Billion But He Is Now, Not Declare Dom. Account Which They Label As Foreigh Account. Stupid Set Of People.

1 Like

Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 27, 2019
samstradam:

Wait wait! You just spoke about the law. Did the law empower anyone to slander an accused on the pages of newspapers?

You are the kind that will condemn his friends to death with proper investigation just because there are doing better than you.
Re: If Onnoghen Had Such A Good Case Why Was He Evading Justice? I Don't Get It by 9jatriot(m): 8:05am On Apr 04, 2019
Apparently, we were not too far from the truth.

The National Judicial Commission (NJC) has recommended Walter Onnoghen, chief justice of Nigeria (CJN), for compulsory retirement, TheCable understands.

After deliberating on the petition filed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday, members of the NJC unanimously agreed that Onnoghen has lost the moral authority to continue as CJN with the litany of allegations bordering on misconduct.

The NJC — which handles disciplinary issues of judicial officers — sat under the interim leadership of Umaru Abdullahi, former president of the court of appeal, who had to act because Onnoghen was already under suspension.

The council also concluded that Tanko Muhammad did not commit any offence by making himself available to be sworn in as acting CJN without the recommendation of the NJC.

These recommendations have been passed to President Muhammadu Buhari for approval, Soji Oye, the council’s director of information, informed the media on Wednesday, although he did not make the details public.
https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-njc-recommends-onnoghen-for-retirement

(1) (Reply)

Osibanjo Questioned By CFR In New York Why Corruption Became Worse Under Tenure / We’ve Broken Ties With Yoruba Nation For Going Ahead With Amotekun.- Miyetti All / How Do You Rate Gen. Buhari On Governance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.