Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom (13242 Views)

Abia Deputy Governor, Ude Oko Joins Governorship Race / Ude Oko Chukwu Visits Checkpoint Where 3 Policemen Were Killed In Abiriba (Pics) / Ude Oko Chukwu Bags Ph.D In Accounting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by CuriousMynd: 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2019
A former Councillor in Ugwufie Ward, Ohafia local government council of Abia State, Hon Ojisi Iro Ogbaja has finally regained freedom days after being arrested by the Police, Igbere TV can authoritatively report.

Igbere TV learnt that Hon Ogbaja was on Thursday, arrested and detained by men of the Nigeria Police zone 9 headquarters, Umuahia over a petition by the Personal Assistant to the Abia State Deputy Governor, Mr David Iro.

It was gathered that Iro had petitioned the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) of Police to commence a criminal investigation and trial of Ogbaja over the validity of INEC Voter Register used in a case filed against the commission in a court.

Recall that Igbere TV on January 31, 2019 reported that the former councillor had drag the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) before a federal high court sitting in Umuahia over alleged irregularities in the commission's Voter Register.

Ogbaja, a resident of Elu-Ugwu Nkporo community in Ohafia LGA said he had observe some irregularities in the INEC Voter Register in about 15 units of Etitama Nkporo in Ndi-Elu Ward.

He said that INEC had fraudulently made use of his picture in other peoples’ voter card, and equally raised the alarm over his inclusion as a voter in the Deputy Governor’s Etitiama Nkporo community, Ndi Elu Ward.

The former councillor, while addressing a press conference on January 27, 2019 equally claimed that INEC was collaborating with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abia to rig the last general elections.

He accused the Deputy Governor, Ude Oko Chukwu, of being the mastermind of the whole plan, adding, “this was orchestrated by the commission (INEC) with the view of rigging and undermining the validity of the 2019 general elections.”

Hon Ogbaja, therefore, said he had approached the law court having failed to secure a reasonable explanation from INEC, adding, “despite my complaints, the commission went ahead and published the same list of registered voters during the final publication of voter register in January.”

Reacting, the Nkporo Political Stakeholders Forum said it was an affront to democracy for the PDP to have arrested the former councillor over a matter before the court.

They alleged that the move was an attempt to achieve “cheap political points”, while maintaining that the APC in Abia cannot be intimidated.

Full Statement,

“Nkporo Political Stakeholders Forum and the APC Family in Nkporo deeply appreciate everyone who stood by us on Thursday and Friday during the arrest and detention of our ranking member Hon Iro Ojisi Sunday ( aka Abacha) by men of the Nigerian police zone 9 police headquarters Umuahia over a petition that emanated from the PA to the Deputy Governor Mr David Iro.

“We condemn in strong and unequivocal terms the descent to barbarism and witchhunt in a desperate and despicable attempt to achieve cheap political points.

“It's procedurally an affront to constitutional democracy and rule of law to arrest Hon Abacha (from Elughu Nkporo community in Ndi Etiti Ward) over a matter he brought against INEC before a Court of Competent Jurisdiction (Federal High Court Umuahia) challenging the fraudulent use of his picture, inclusion and Registration as a Voter in the Deputy Governor's Etitiama Nkporo community (Ndi Elu Ward) which is a clear breach of process and INEC guidelines.

“In the said suit, other irregularities like multiple registration of voters, registration of under-age, non-residents and use of still pictures/photographs of various individuals against the direct capturing of images during registration as provided by the laws were fragrantly abused by the petitioner Mr David Iroh and his cohorts.

“In a brazen attempt to sway the course of justice and rule of law, Mr David (a supposed lawyer) petitioned the AIG zone 9 for a criminal charge against Hon Iro Ojisi on the validity of the INEC Voters Register annexed to the suit pending in the federal high court Umuahia.

“One wonders what could be the Locus of David Iro for petitioning the AIG to commence a criminal investigation and Trial against Hon Ojisi on the validity of INEC Voters Register used in a case filed against INEC. Is David better placed to question and challenge the validity of INEC property attached as Evidence in a suit pending in court against INEC than INEC itself and the Court of competent jurisdiction?. The petitioner is not a Party and does not represent INEC who has already appeared in Court through their legal team to defend the commission, the matter was between INEC and Hon Ojisi and the Voters Register attached belongs to INEC as a property, it's common sense that INEC reserves the natural right to challenge the source and validity of her voters register tendered in court. The Court also has the natural right to ascertain the validity of the voters register brought before His Lordship and should takes necessary measures to investigate the source and validity in the event that the authenticity of the document is brought to question, where does David as a lawyer come into this picture ?...this is the latest version of being a meddlesome interloper. His Lordship must hear this.

“Hon Ojisi was arrested on Thursday evening around 7pm and by Friday afternoon, arrangements had been completed and perfected to arraign him in an Umuahia Magistrate Court for a criminal offence of forgery in less than 24 hours after his arrest. Its obvious that no thorough investigation into a criminal offence of this magnitude could be achieved in less than 24 hrs. The speed and hasty conclusion preceding this arraignment was very suspicious and designed to achieve the some untoward machinations of the masterminds and sponsors of the petition against Hon Ojisi.

“It was ridiculous to find people like John Okocha (PDP Chairman Ohafia LGA) in court yesterday waiting to watch as the plot to dump Abacha in Afara prison unveiled.

“...and to their greatest chagrin, we watched them bury their ugly faces in utter shame.

“Its never a crime to belong to APC anywhere in Nigeria...this persecution and political witch hunt of APC members by PDP in Nkporo must certainly stop one day.

“We are undeterred and no amount of victimization can alter our resolve to remain in APC...its all about our #NextLevel interest in Nkporo.”

SOURCE: http://igberetvnews.com/598483/man-arrested-by-abia-dep-gov-for-exposing-electoral-fraud-in-nkporo-regains-freedom/

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by amaniro: 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2019
My problem with Abia PDP is that they're too relaxed.
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by AmadiAba: 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nawa o
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Lekan1o1: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2019
Nawao
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by slawomir: 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2019
Okay
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Amuocha: 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2019
APC and fraud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Denikayan: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2019
And the police never found a way to poison him while in prison!

The incompetence of the Nigerian police is getting to an all-time high an needs emergency attention.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by tochyano2: 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
Leomyke4:
Hey guys.. Please can someone help me load #400 on my line. Its airtel 09076023408. I really need it please

What's your Puk number. I am waiting...
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by stcool(m): 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
Leomyke4:
Hey guys.. Please can someone help me load #400 on my line. Its airtel 09076023408. I really need it please
grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by CapoDTuttiCapi: 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
Nothing concerns Piglets with Ikpeazu the Kerosene Distributor or events in Imo and Enugu

They would rather have high BP on Lagos their Heaven and Kano their Paradise

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by BlackfireX: 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
Nigeria system is very wonderful.
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by kingreign(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2019
Denikayan:
And the police never found a way to poison him while in prison!

The incompetence of the Nigerian police is getting to an all-time high an needs emergency attention.

You must be a stupid waste of skin.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Onyekachi419(f): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2019
Na normal tin for abia state. Am I surprised no

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by johninhos(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2019
Leomyke4:

see Authoritative begging! Legend!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Leomyke4(m): 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2019
[quote author=tochyano2 post=76943034]

What's your Puk number. I am waiting...[/I don't know it]
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Jamal090(m): 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2019
If you were too lazy to read the whole post, gather here. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by EagleDiamond: 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
That is a welcome development
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by CapoDTuttiCapi: 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
johninhos:

Male of the species - Julius Beggar

Female - Juliet Beggar

Phyllum - Beggaris Almajiricus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by olatade(m): 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
johninhos:

Shebi he said 'please' nah grin
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Leomyke4(m): 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
johninhos:

sorry if you find it authoritative

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by yuanexchanger: 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2019
Doing the right thing in this country now a sin.God help us all.Meanwhile get your chinese yuan with us.
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by tochyano2: 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2019
[quote author=Leomyke4 post=76943110][/quote]

Too bad tongue , I can't load without it, sorry cry
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by tstx(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
Hmmm

See my signature
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
Didn't hear much of this in 2015

GEJ, thank you for sacrificing your ambition for Nigerians.

May history be forever kind to you!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by uyomeyo1: 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
cheesy

thank God they didn't poisoned him while in prison

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Leomyke4(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
tochyano2:

Too bad tongue , I can't load without it, sorry cry
alright.. Thanks tho
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by tochyano2: 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
GEJ

Did what?
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by SolexxBarry(m): 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
Nigeria's democracy is like a public holiday on a saturday,very useless undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Denikayan: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2019
kingreign:

You must be a stupid waste of skin.

Are you saying the truth?
Re: Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom by Ubenedictus(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2019
Now that pdp is affected nobody will remember to shout 'PDP is a devilish party' or 'pdp wins by rigging'.
As if the pdp is different from the criminals in apc.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Fayemi To Become Visiting Lecturers At Western Delta University / Akeredolu: I Have Lost My Friend And Brother – Fayemi / Private Jets Used To Smuggle Cash, Fugitives – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.