Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly (7520 Views)

Nigeria Football Team Of 23 Has Only Two Muslims / Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi / I Shook My Head The Last Time I Saw Bola Tinubu's Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by oilPUSSY(f): 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
I saw a thread on the front page where Buhari is pushing for Lawal and Femi Gbajabiamila as Senate President and the Speaker respectively.

We all know that APC is a sectional party who see it as a taboo to run an inclusive government that's why they have excluded the two regions they see as threat in their National Assembly Leadership despite contributing little to their success.

My question is, what happened to religious tolerance and accommodation ?
How can we live in a country that is 50/50 Christians and Muslims yet Muslims want to take it all.. ?
Nobody should call me a bigot because if it's the other way round, Prof Akintola of MURIC who speaks for Nigerian Muslims would have released a press statement by threatening people up and down like he does..

A President... Muslim
Chief Justice of Federation... Muslim
Proposed Senate President... Muslim
Proposed Speaker of Reps.. Muslim

Is Nigeria an Islamic country or is Islamization of Nigeria in progress ? (Always remember a country called Turkey)

And to those Christians that voted for APC, is this the type of government that you want to see in this country ?
SE and SS people that voted for APC, is this the promise they made to you during campaign ?

After 2015 election, the presidency told us that the reason why SE or SS could not produce a Senate President or Speaker was because there was no ranking senator from those two regions (Even when we had some ranking reps in APC then but they were not loud )... What happened now we have ranking APC senators from these two regions ?

APC should not be too confident because If care is not taken, What happened in June 2015 might repeat itself again (Saraki and Dogara factor) ...

The presidency should stop provoking people unnecessarily with this their archaic style of leadership.
Buhari should not start what he cannot finish.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by id911(m): 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
It is only in Nigeria the so-called independent arm of government is allowing itself to be dictated to by the executive. Maybe that's why the President woke up one day and suspended the CJN unconstitutional and nothing happen till today. Useless country

28 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by amaniro: 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2019
If The Executive Arm of Government controls the Legislative house. It's not healthy that way because the incumbent government can easily get away with things. Secondly, they'll not be checks and Balances.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by ProudBoy: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
Both Lawan and Femi would lead the Ninth assemnly and there is nothing you lots will do about it. You can wail for all we care, we wont give a dime. Good riddance to Saraki and co.

41 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by id911(m): 7:45pm On Mar 25, 2019
ProudBoy:
Both Lawan and Femi would lead the Ninth assemnly and there is nothing you lots will do about it. You can wail for all we care, we wont give a dime. Good riddance to Saraki and co.

Educated illiterate! Smh

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by jaybee3(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
What da fvck is wrong with you people for crying out loud?
Must everything be about tribe and religion?

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by chriskosherbal(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
ProudBoy:
Bro say something meaningful, somebody raised an important point that needs to be looked at from all angles cos Nigeria been a multiethnic as well as two major religion been practiced in this said country, one would expect you to take a cursory look at what op said and give a professional/unbiased judgement to it. Cos we have to thread carefully as a nation in our quest to promote the one Nigeria slogan not just theoretically but practically .

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by amaniro: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
id911:

Educated illiterate! Smh

They know nothing about Government only Religious and tribal sentinents. I only pity Christians that voted buhari. They sold their birthright

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Preshy561(f): 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Thunder will strike any Christian that voted for this religious bigot.
It shall never be well with them.

12 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by amaniro: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
jaybee3:
Must everything be about tribe and religion

Yes for crying out loud. This is Nigeria. We are diverse. So every national cake is meant to be shared equally.

6 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Preshy561(f): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
amaniro:

They know nothing about Government only Religious and tribal sentinents. I only pity Christians that voted buhari. They sold their birthright
I tell you.
They saw the signs in his first tenure and still voted him.
The Muslims supporting this should know that power changes hands.

3 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by oilPUSSY(f): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
id911:
It is only in Nigeria the so-called independent arm of government is allowing itself to be dictated to by the executive. Maybe that's why the President woke up one day and suspended the CJN unconstitutional and nothing happen till today. Useless country

Buhari is a well known dictator who lacks respect for democracy and separation of powers.
I am not surprised anyways... Someone that truncated our democracy in 1983 and still came back to enjoy the same democracy he destroyed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Preshy561(f): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2019
jaybee3:
Must everything be about tribe and religion?

Please shut up.
This is a secular nation for crying out loud.

5 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2019
PDP agenda. Fvck you all, you all keep trying to divide this country. Why?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Oldsilver: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
oilPUSSY:
I saw a thread on the front page where Buhari is pushing for Lawal and Femi Gbajabiamila as Senate President and the Speaker respectively.

We all know that APC is a sectional party who see it as a taboo to run an inclusive government that's why they have excluded the two regions they see as threat in their National Assembly Leadership despite contributing little to their success.

My question is, what happened to religious tolerance and accommodation ?
How can we live in a country that is 50/50 Christians and Muslims yet Muslims want to take it all.. ?
Nobody should call me a bigot because if it's the other way round, Prof Akintola of MURIC would have released a press statement by threatening people up and down like he does..

A President... Muslim
Chief Justice of Federation... Muslim
Proposed Senate President... Muslim
Proposed Speaker of Reps.. Muslim

Is Nigeria an Islamic country or is Islamization of Nigeria in progress ? (Always remember a country called Turkey)

And to those Christians that voted for APC, is this the type of government that you want to see in this country ?
SE and SS people that voted for APC, is this the promise they made to you during campaign ?

After 2015 election, the presidency told us that the reason why SE or SS could not produce a Senate President or Speaker was because there was no ranking senator from those two regions (Even when we had some ranking reps in APC then but they were not loud ?)... What happened now we have ranking APC senators from these two regions ?

APC should not be too confident because If care is not taken, What happened in June 2015 might repeat itself again (Saraki and Dogara factor) ...

The presidency should stop provoking people with this their archaic style of leadership.

Cry, cry, cry and when you're done crying, cry some more cos you have 4 more years of crying to do grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by jaybee3(m): 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
Preshy561:

Please shut up.
This is a secular nation for crying out loud.
You are even polite with your abuse. Phew!!!

So by your own estimation, how has the religious/tribal sharing formula safeguarded us from corruption or inept leadership?

Why should we keep doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Shouldn’t we be clamouring for the best people holding leadership positions irrespective of their known fault lines?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Oldsilver: 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
Preshy561:
Thunder will strike any Christian that voted for this religious bigot.
It shall never be well with them.
Shut up you hypocrite. I'm a Christian, I voted Buhari and will gladly do so a million times over again and again. You that voted for your own choice Fulani Muslim, tell us why the thunder you're calling for shouldn't fire you too

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Preshy561(f): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
Oldsilver:
Shut up you hypocrite. I'm a Christian, I voted Buhari and will gladly do so a million times over again and again. You that voted for your own choice Fulani Muslim, tell us why the thunder you're calling for shouldn't fire you too
You must be a Yoruba Christian Then, cos you guys are the most unstable folks ever.
No wonder your muric wants your head down atall cost, keep voting for a religious bigot like buhari, it will consume you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by oilPUSSY(f): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
Oldsilver:
Be proud of your religion for once. This is a faceless forum. Nobody will beat you.

13 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by oilPUSSY(f): 8:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
Preshy561:

You must be a Yoruba Christian Then, cos you guys are the most unstable folks ever.
No wonder your muric wants your head down atall cost, keep voting for a religious bigot like buhari, it will consume you.

I don't think he's whom you think he is.

3 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Preshy561(f): 8:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
jaybee3:

You are even polite with your abuse. Phew!!!

So by your own estimation, how has the religious/tribal sharing formula safeguarded us from corruption or inept leadership?

Why should we keep doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Shouldn’t we be clamouring for the best people holding leadership positions irrespective of their known fault lines?
Christians can't produce the best candidate abi

So, there are no Christian that are fit for the position, would you have reacted this same way if the table turns around.
Yimu.

3 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Preshy561(f): 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2019
oilPUSSY:

I don't think he's whom you think he is.
Whether Christian or Muslim, I know a certain people that always like to twist fact even when the truth is so glaring.
So much for being in the same country with illiterate folks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Elmojiid(m): 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
we need some one of paul kagame of rwanda

1 Like

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by realstars: 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
Something must be don.OK OK lets call Akpabio to be the Senate Presido... Chai! We are in trouble Akpabio is no more in the senate. cry undecided

1 Like

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by jaybee3(m): 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
Preshy561:

Christians can't produce the best candidate abi

So, there are no Christian that are fit for the position, would you have reacted this same way if the table turns around.
Yimu.

Decision should be solely based on capability not direct discrimination because Nigeria is a secular nation.

4 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Oldsilver: 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2019
Preshy561:

I'm very very far from being a yoruba man. What would you say about the hundreds of thousands of Ibo Christians who voted Buhari? O ye goddess of thundergrin Will you command thunder from the heavens to strike them too?

9 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by amaniro: 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
Facts you don't know is that most APC miscreant have more than two Monikers.

3 Likes

Re: Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly by Preshy561(f): 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
jaybee3:

Decision should be solely based on capability not direct discrimination because Nigeria is a secular nation.

And I asked, does it mean that there are no Christian that is fit for the position?
No need wasting my time on hypocrites, who doesn't know how you guys twist truth to favour your whatever.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO / Seyi Tinubu's Wife Is Igbo / How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.