Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy (7519 Views)

Savings From Fuel Subsidy Removal Rises To N647m Daily / Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports / What Exactly Will Western Countries/imf Gain From Fuel Subsidy Removal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by iskoki(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, bokoharam are able to purchase weapons and other materials through resources they got from oil diversion. Many of these Islamic extremists in the far north have their networks in Niger and Chad, when they divert petrol bought at 63naira in Nigeria, it is then smuggled outside and sold at over 170naira if you convert the rate.

Through these monies, arms and ammunition are then bought. Sometimes the petrol is bartered directly for bullets and explosives in Chad. One tanker can provide you with over 50. submachine guns and hundreds of thousands of Russian and Eastern European made live munitions brought in via Algeria, Libya and Sudan.

I'll type more later, i don't want to get caught.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by abacus(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
[size=20pt]YOU ARE FOOL[/size]
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by KnowAll(m): 12:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
YOU ARE FOOL

The man is saying the truth, when u have cheap petrol you can bargain it with anything, even in some extreme cases, you could be allowed to sleep with a man’s wife for ‘black Gold’ how much more obtaining a few Kalashnikov and RPG for black Gold, this is one commodity that makes the world go ga-ga.!!! cool
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
iskoki:

Fellow Nigerians, bokoharam are able to purchase weapons and other materials through resources they got from oil diversion. Many of these Islamic extremists in the far north have their networks in Niger and Chad, when they divert petrol bought at 63naira in Nigeria, it is then smuggled outside and sold at over 170naira if you convert the rate.

Through these monies, arms and ammunition are then bought. Sometimes the petrol is bartered directly for bullets and explosives in Chad. One tanker can provide you with over 50. submachine guns and hundreds of thousands of Russian and Eastern European made live munitions brought in via Algeria, Libya and Sudan.

I agree with you on this. But do you think fuel subsidy would totally solve that problem?
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by iskoki(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
abacus:

[size=20pt]YOU ARE FOOL[/size]

a fool is one who is quick to speak without understanding my brother.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
iskoki:

THIS IS ON POINT. NIGERIANS ARE SO DUMB. IF POORER AFRICAN NATIONS CAN PAY MORE MONEY FOR PETROL , THEN WHY NOT NIGERIA IN EXCHANGE FOR BETTER INFRASTRUCTURE.

OIL IS STILL CHEAPER IN NIGERIA WITHOUT SUBSIDY THAN UK. JUST HOLD THIS GOV ACCOUNTABLE TO INVEST EVERY PENNY IN NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS OUTSIDE ANNUAL BUDGET EXPENSES.

ACCUMULATIVELY, THE BENEFITS WILL BE VISIBLE TO ALL AND WEN ECONOMY DEVELOP WE CAN HAVE SUBSIDY BACK.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by iskoki(m): 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
I agree with you on this. But do you think fuel subsidy would totally solve that
problem?

My friend, to be honest with you that alone will not solve the problem. In fact this is not even one the reasons why the fuel subsidy is coming off, but let us least start doing things right in our lives. Isn't an extra 100 naira per kilometer worth the security of being killed while you worship in peace ?

America checked terrorism not by force alone but by strangling the channels al qaeda was being funded. We will suffer a bit, no doubt, but let us start doing the right things first and stop hoping one Messiah will coke and fix the country us
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by vedaxcool(m): 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
iskoki:

No links means you are a liar! shocked shocked
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2012
vedaxcool:

No links means you are a liar! shocked shocked

Boko-Haram is using far subtler moves to fund their activities - If you go to northern national borders you will notice a high traffic of Chickens, Goats and Cows in and out of the border points. Boko-Haram have been smuggling Subsidy-dollars in the ar5ses of these militant jihadists animals and shippingn Cooking Gas containers and Goro through the same means under our very noses. Please investigate ASAP - no links, see for ya sef grin grin grin
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by vedaxcool(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
^^^

Yeah, I just saw a Boko haram misfit smuggling petrol in his mouth, he literally took a cup of petrol into his mouth, held it and went accross the border, . . ., wait information reaching us indicates he just swallowed it, but efforts are under way to remove the smuggled fuel ( a cup of petrol) from his stomach. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Tsiya(m): 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
iskoki:

Desperate to justify Jonathan's economic policies!!!!!!
Some people will never learn from their mistakes for the rest of their lives.!!!!!
If it is Jonathan you are supporting, it wont take another 2 months before he blunders again.

Smuggling of petroleum products have been going on for years, and is done not by BH, but by wealthy individuals with connections within the government.

Smuggling has been going on for years, we never had BH until recently.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by hercules07: 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
Do they smuggle it in jerry cans or in tankers, the earlier we start blaming the government for its inefficiency the earlier we get out of these issues, the true story of subsidy has not yet been told.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by iskoki(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
Tsiya:

Desperate to justify Jonathan's economic policies!!!!!!
Some people will never learn from their mistakes for the rest of their lives.!!!!!
If it is Jonathan you are supporting, it wont take another 2 months before he blunders again.

Smuggling of petroleum products have been going on for years, and is done not by BH, but by wealthy individuals with connections within the government.

Smuggling has been going on for years, we never had BH until recently.

boko didn't exist but extremists did.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Akainzo(m): 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
iskoki:

Good to hear. The money from the petrol smuggled in the South West to Benin Republic ends up where? With Boko Haram too I guess grin
The money from the petrol smuggled across the South East border to Cameroun, I believe also ends up to finance Boko Haram!

By the way, since Boko Haram has been causing all this mayhem using motorcycles, it is time to increase the duties on motor cycles to 95%, or better still, let's totally ban the use of motorcycles anywhere within Nigeria grin grin
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by juman(m): 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
Op was trying to deceive himself. Hiss.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by gabbytabby: 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
If there is truth in this argument then it needs to be put to the nation as I'm sure most will like to see something done about the group and it might be worthwhile to make some sacrifices for the long term security of the nation.

Otherwise I really dont get it. If people have to swallow a bitter pill they need to know for what reason and to what end. All the other reasons given means they are putting the cart before the horse really and that is totally stupid.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by olapluto(m): 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2012
How many people really understand this subsidy issue? Unfortunately not many. If our fuel sells for 1 kobo and they sell it for 1 million in Niger, then who's duty is it to safeguard our boarders? A failed government looking for every means to shift blame from its inefficiencies. This time, trying to shift the blame on the populace.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by adino(m): 4:08am On Jan 04, 2012
@
vedaxcool
No links means you are a liar!

Christians worship on Sundays.
I am searching seriously for the link to verify this statement just for your sake.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 4:20am On Jan 04, 2012
The boko haram story is entirely plausible.
It is another way Nigeria might have endangered itself with the stup!d policies of our illiterate soldier rulers of the past.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
I totally Agree in the exchange of fuel with armories. But the truth of the matter is that the Boko Haram are been sponsored. I will only give 2 people. they should ask Abacha Wife and Yar'udua wife questions.

My mouth are sealed. but thank God i am not in Niger ooo
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by zebudaya(m): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

THIS IS ON POINT. NIGERIANS ARE SO DUMB. IF POORER AFRICAN NATIONS CAN PAY MORE MONEY FOR PETROL , THEN WHY NOT NIGERIA IN EXCHANGE FOR BETTER INFRASTRUCTURE.

OIL IS STILL CHEAPER IN NIGERIA WITHOUT SUBSIDY THAN UK. JUST HOLD THIS GOV ACCOUNTABLE TO INVEST EVERY PENNY IN NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS OUTSIDE ANNUAL BUDGET EXPENSES.

ACCUMULATIVELY,  THE BENEFITS WILL BE VISIBLE TO ALL AND WEN ECONOMY DEVELOP WE CAN HAVE SUBSIDY BACK.

Do tell how we should hold "this government accountable" How do we do it? You are asking us to hold  a government that is chronically corrupt accountable.

Poorer African countries are not top ten oil producers. You are comparing apples to oranges. Please don't compare the UK to Nigeria. They have electricity, infrastructure and they have a safety net. In Nigeria you dig you own borehole, pay for your security, generate your own power via generators. Don't compare!
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by philip0906(m): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

It is another way Nigeria might have endangered itself with the stup!d policies of our illiterate soldier rulers of the past.
arrrgghh. . .how much d'u get paid 4 sucking jona's b@lls? undecided
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by zebudaya(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
iskoki:

This is just throwing mud on the wall and hoping it sticks. Your president and his security chiefs are donkeys. Until last week there was no mention of a counter terrorism unit. First thing they should have done was to form one 2 years ago. All that time, it was siddon look and hope it fizzles out.

Beaf:

Which past? hasn't Jonathan been in power since 2007, as Yar Adua's VP and then as President. 5 years and you are still blaming soldiers. No let God punish you ooo. You know the truth and you refuse to tell it. Nonsense!
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
Please don't mind the OP. He's high on DOPEY
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by kizito96(m): 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
May be that is the source of the wealth of their Sponsors
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by JimmyBoy1: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
I had an interesting chat with a driver today, he claimed to have worked for a certain Taraba Fisheries  at Apapa, some years back . He said the company use to bring their  two  Fishing Trawlers at night and load it with petroleum products before sailing out to neighbouring countries for "fishing" expedition. According to him, their own fishing expedition do not last more than two weeks (other fishing takes like 4 to 6weeks)before they return and cycle is repeated again. He said the company is owned by Gen. T.Y Danjuma(retd).

When you go out to protest against fuel subsidy removal, be sure of whom you are fighting for.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by 9jafreak: 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2012
[size=14pt]PLS PLS PLS Stop the FEAR TACTICS
Boko Haram will have weapons even if petrol sells at 1,000 naira.

This is insanity of the highest order.

Any money generated by this government has no benefits for the common people because of CORRUPTION

Look at the budget. Why pay yourself more and punish the poor?

How can any Economist justify this? Because Economics from Smith's tactics are immoral brutes!
[/size]
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by honeric01(m): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
Akainzo:

Good to hear. The money from the petrol smuggled in the South West to Benin Republic ends up where? With Boko Haram too I guess grin
The money from the petrol smuggled across the South East border to Cameroun, I believe also ends up to finance Boko Haram!

By the way, since Boko Haram has been causing all this mayhem using motorcycles, it is time to increase the duties on motor cycles to 95%, or better still, let's totally ban the use of motorcycles anywhere within Nigeria grin grin

vedaxcool:

^^^

Yeah, I just saw a Boko haram misfit smuggling petrol in his mouth, he literally took a cup of petrol into his mouth, held it and went accross the border, . . ., wait information reaching us indicates he just swallowed it, but efforts are under way to remove the smuggled fuel ( a cup of petrol) from his stomach. grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by extension: 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
kudos to Mr Presido,boko harams are busy selling fuel @200 naira a litre. Maybe we will rest for weeks or months before bombong will start again. grin grin grin
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
Well, it is the job of the Government to guard our porous borders from smuggling activities.
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by ayinba1(f): 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
extension:

kudos to Mr Presido,boko harams are busy selling fuel @200 naira a litre. Maybe we will rest for weeks or months before bombong will start again. grin grin grin
Beaf:

iskoki:

KnowAll:

The man is saying the truth, when u have cheap petrol you can bargain it with anything, even in some extreme cases, you could be allowed to sleep with a man’s wife for ‘black Gold’ how much more obtaining a few Kalashnikov and RPG for black Gold, this is one commodity that makes the world go ga-ga.!!! cool
All na beaf and his minions!
vedaxcool:

^^^

Even Beaf sef see the boko haramites! grin
Re: How Boko Haram Made Money From Fuel Subsidy by EPOMA(m): 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

ACCUMULATIVELY,  THE BENEFITS WILL BE VISIBLE TO ALL AND WEN ECONOMY DEVELOP WE CAN HAVE SUBSIDY BACK.

You are the one that is Dumb because you have not put it into consideration that the poorer african countries you are talking about are not in OPEC. you should ask youself  why is petrol cheaper in Saudi, Dubai, Lybia and they are still able to develop far better that Nigeria, so don't compare Nigeria with Niger and Chad Dumb.
 About 70% of the Cost of fuel in Uk is mostly taxes and they dont have abundance of fuel to start exporting as we do

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Won't Vote GEJ Because Of This Pics / Buhari Says He Will Sign Electoral Bill If NASS Makes The Necessary Adjustments / NASS Raises Budget To N28.77tn, Votes ₦‎10bn For Car Parks, Recreation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.