Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! (3586 Views)

Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / Jonathan ‘ll Deploy Soldiers For Elections – Fayose / 2015: Jonathan ’ll Divide Nigeria, Says Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by wales(m): 6:20am On Sep 07, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan has a rare opportunity to significantly change Nigeria’s political and electoral history if he chose not to contest the 2011 presidential election.

A member of Jonathan’s Presidential Advisory Council, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, made the assertion in an interview with the Daily Trust in London.
He said the president would have the best opportunity to oversee credible, free and fair elections in the country if he decided not to vie for the presidency.

Alhaji Bamanga, a one-time governor of the defunct Gongola state and Minister of Industry, however, lamented that the president “is in a situation where even his own people will not allow him not to contest”.

“They will push him into it. But he didn’t put himself where he is now; God put him there”, he said, and noted that Jonathan’s ascendancy to the presidency in view of Nigeria’s political antecedents was like a political miracle.

President Jonathan is expected to declare for the presidency in less than two week’s time, according to his National Adviser on National Assembly Matters, Alhaji Abba Aji.

Asked if he advised the president against contesting, Alhaji Bamanga said: “I won’t tell you if I advised him to contest or not. But he does not restrict me on what I should advise him”.

“Nigerians are free to offer their advice to him, but it is up to him and his people to decide on whether to contest for the presidency or not”, he stressed.

Alhaji Bamanga, who is also the Executive President of the African Business Roundtable, made a case for Africa to have a veto power at the United Nations so that the continent’s views on world issues would be given due consideration

As things stand out now, Africa has no real voice, he said, pointing out that it was only fair for the continent to have a veto power so it could vote against issues inimical to its interests.

He urged leaders in Africa to use the vast resources the continent was endowed with to improve the living conditions of their people and also not to allow tribal, regional or other primordial differences to stop them from “being good human beings and being fair to humanity”.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2334:jonathan-ll-set-record-by-not-contesting-bamanga-tukur&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by rasputinn(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2010
Sorry Mr Tukur,GEJ is not Usain Bolt,so we're not interested in your record
If GEJ was from your region,would you have so conveniently enthused thus
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by otokx(m): 9:26am On Sep 07, 2010
Records are not static; they are always broken so GEJ should not bother setting any because another will come and break it in the future. GEJ has my vote for 2011
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by slap1(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2010
We're not gonna eat a broken record, Mr. Tukur! So let's leave the records unbroken. . .
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by seanet02: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2010
otokx:

Records are not static; they are always broken so GEJ should not bother setting any because another will come and break it in the future. GEJ has my vote for 2011
I WILL RATHER VOTE FOR A ONE EYED MAN THAN A BLIND ONE
UP GJ
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by jamace(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2010
Bamanga Tukur should be educated that IBB, Atiku, Buhari and co will set a record if they don't contest too?

Selfish adviser!
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by zenus(m): 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2010
He will also set a record by contesting
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by HamidO1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
Thats so cheap, wat d hell is this man talking about, Free n Fair election doesn't mean the incumbent shouldn't contest, [size=15pt]IF GOODLUCK MEANS WELL 4 THIS COUNTRY THEN GOODLUCK 2 GOODLUCK JONATHAN[/size]
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by saintchux(m): 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2010
Jonathan has already set a record

From deputy governor - governor, from Vice president - president without contesting for the post. It is a record.

he will set another one which is annulling IBB selfish dream. After that he will set another record as the president that gave us 24 hrs light etc.

Uncle Tukur don't loose sleep. This is our own generation allow us to try.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by bisiaet: 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2010
Look at another wolves in human flesh blablabla again. Who is him to be saying that someone should make a record? And what a hell record is he talking about? Why cant he tell IBB to stop his uncntrlled and unurtured ambition of coming back to presidency aftre he demonised Nigeria and crumbled our Nigeria? GEJ is not Usain Bolt or Tiger Wood so to hell with making record all we care about is a new hand, a responsible hand, a perfomer, a true Nigeria in heart NOT these Gufamoist jingolo IBB and Atiku so Mr or chief or alhaji Tukur whichever is your title please just shaaaarrrrrapaaappppp!!!!If GEJ your end will you said so? Will you be talking about F U C K I N G Guiness record you are looking for please go and tell IBB and Atiku to go and make that record by go home and rest and look after their kids.

We are sick of same people all the time ruling this country everytime let a new hand saddle the affairs for now. Both you, IBB and Atiku are no longer relevant in what we are talking about now so please and please hold that record you are looking in your compound or in your company but not for GEJ and not for Nigeria ok.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2010
This Tukur man that has contested many times in his life and never won single election. He is simply jealous of GEJ! Goodluck mean well for nigeria unlike these thieves and nation destroyers in the person of IBB and Atiku
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by chiozor: 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by dustydee: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2010
really?
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by redsun(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2010
He thinks god put him there,idiot,deluded motherfuckers toying with the faith of millions.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by letonB(f): 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2010
What record will he set by not contesting?
Is it the  record u have set by making wild statements?
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by Ezenwenyi(m): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
Now that we have an electoral act…can we have a credible election in 2011? Or is it another way of making us believe that things are going well, when we all know that we are not going anywhere?For now, no body knows the stand of President Goodluck Jonathan…we do not know weather he is contesting or not, but if he is truly interested in making 2011 election free and fair,then he must not contest…because it will almost be impossible for an incumbent not to rig election in Nigeria.But if he truly wants to contest and at the same time make the election free and fair, then he should resign in December 2010 and handover to an interim government. That way,Nigerians will know that at least he made a first step.

Read more: http://newsflavor.com/politics/us-politics/we-do-not-want-zoningall-we-want-is-good-governance-regardless-of-tribe/#ixzz0yr8k29d8
http://newsflavor.com/politics/us-politics/we-do-not-want-zoningall-we-want-is-good-governance-regardless-of-tribe/

Nigeria must survive.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by excanny: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2010
Ezenwenyi:

Now that we have an electoral act…can we have a credible election in 2011? Or is it another way of making us believe that things are going well, when we all know that we are not going anywhere?For now, no body knows the stand of President Goodluck Jonathan…we do not know weather he is contesting or not, but if he is truly interested in making 2011 election free and fair,then he must not contest…because it will almost be impossible for an incumbent not to rig election in Nigeria.But if he truly wants to contest and at the same time make the election free and fair, then[b] he should resign in December 2010 and handover to an interim government. That way,Nigerians will know that at least he made a first step[/b].

Nigeria must survive.

I couldn't have said it better. However, the odds of him doing so is one in a bazillionth. But my question sometimes is, why didn't Nigerians see him as this good while Yaradua was still president? At least one needs to have some antecedents. In his case, lets say we assess him right from his vice presidency. What contributions did he make then? We should have been recommending him for presidency while he was still a VP? Sycophancy is one thing i personally will not take part in.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by seanet02: 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2010
redsun:

He thinks god put him there,,deluded motherfuckers toying with the faith of millions.
stop your hooliganism
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by sayso: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2010
People are not thinking in that direction.am feeling the same he might walkaway and leave this politic business for the evil doers.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by chiozor: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2010
Tukur can set records also by keeping his mouth shut!
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by Ossaifamous(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2010
records ko records ni
what gold medal will be given for such achievement .JONATHAN plz o u must contest,
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by member479760: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2010
The north will set a record if they unite and proclaim their own country, idiot man Tukur.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2010
Nigeria will be better off with Jonathan contesting

But it is also my opinion that the country will even be better off if he does fail at the polls.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by chosen04(f): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
mikeansy:

But it is also my opinion that the country will even be better off if he does fail at the polls.

BEAF, must not hear you wish failure to his man oooooooo . . . . . . . .
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by Goldenmeda(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
who no lyk better thyn
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by JimmyBoy1: 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2010
mikeansy:

Cool stuff mikeansy, will be watching out for your posts henceforth, GEK loosing will be an evidence of electoral maturity.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by vigasimple(m): 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2010
mikeansy:

As our system stands, it appers that only PDP candidades will win the election, so out of all those candidates who is better than GEJ? In a blind man land, one eyed person is the King. All the Northern candidates known up on till today, GEJ i betr than all of them put together.

Please don't let A DISHONOURABLE PROMISE of IGBO President by 2015 by IBB and ATIKU influence you. Those guy antecedent are nothing to wite home about.

Infact IBB should be disqualifed straight away from trying to benefit from Democracy he tries to destroy, and at age 69 going to 70 he is a spent force. LIES is the only thing IBB can offer.

My own canddates are in the mould of Donald Duke but whether he has mobilise enough nationwide support to pull it off is another matter.

They only relinquish power to South West to keep Nigeria together to pacify the Yoruba's. THey want their power back
If by any chance the power goes to the North Nigeria is doomed, because theose guys are 'born to rule with Islamic fist'
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2010
vigasimple:

As our system stands, it appers that only PDP candidades will win the election, so out of all those candidates who is better than GEJ? In a blind man land, one eyed person is the King. All the Northern candidates known up on till today, GEJ i betr than all of them put together.

Please don't let A DISHONOURABLE PROMISE of IGBO President by 2015 by IBB and ATIKU influence you. Those guy antecedent are nothing to wite home about.

Infact IBB should be disqualifed straight away from trying to benefit from Democracy he tries to destroy, and at age 69 going to 70 he is a spent force. LIES is the only thing IBB can offer.

My own canddates are in the mould of Donald Duke but whether he has mobilise enough nationwide support to pull it off is another matter.

They only relinquish power to South West to keep Nigeria together to pacify the Yoruba's. THey want their power back
If by any chance the power goes to the North Nigeria is doomed, because theose guys are 'born to rule with Islamic fist'

Let all man declare first. The electoral dynamics of this country could change if Jonathan fails at PDP primaries. Don't say it is impossible and forget about the newspaper endorsements and political permutations.

I want Jonathan to run because it is his right to do so. In fact it is important that he does run so all those promising fire and brimstone will shut up and realise Nigeria belongs to nobody but all of us. But within PDP Jonathan is neither loved nor respected as some folks might think. He is a weak, shy but nice guy trying too hard to blend into the PDP corruption web. As a result he has neither gained respect, love nor loyalty.

I will be voting and campaigning for Donald Duke even if he may fail. My support for him is based on principle. I don't believe in feeding the myth that only some can win elections while others can't.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by Theblessed(f): 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2010
[b][size=18pt]Based on the above comments, it seems Mr Tukur is smoking something! Is he cool cool

Well, President Jonathan, my advise is get rid of Tukur now, and surround yourself with Nigerians who SHARE your dreams and aspirations for Nigeria - not suckers, plungers, status and power hungry crooks. With this statement, Tukur is evil and does not have Nigeria interest at heart - what matters most to him is, seeing his Northern brothers in-charge of Nigerian instead of. . .!

But that will not happen because, a SOUTHERNER will NOT ONLY BE IN-CHARGE BUT WILL BE SITTING TIGHTLY ON NIGERIAN'S THRONE come 2011 whether they like it or not else, the country would be in trouble and the North will loose out.  Thererefore, they should listen to this Tukur's prophesy in this statement - that President Jonathan's call to office is DIVINELY PLANNED BY GOD - they should take note of that!

If it wasn't, how come he rose to the top like this and, how many state-men in the world have climbed so fast a hierarchy ladder this way, name them It doesn't happen often, does it His enemies, should beware otherwise, what happened to our notorious evil men of the past - Abacha (1998) and Dimka (1976) will HIT them. Does anyone still remember Dimka violently removing our good Head of State - General Murtala Mohammed and paid for it?

So, be warned all of you when you go about challenging God's set up else, you will meet you doom and, with all these going on, has anyone thought deeply, about his meteoric rise/journey from humble beginning to the Apex of Everest?

Obviously, no one has put their thinking hat on here, this phenomenal rise, is of God and is, his destiney. Like, President Obama, his enemies will be cueing on his Presidential [i]doormot [/i]not only to see his face but also to shake his hand, on the dawn of his 2011 election VICTORY and, we shall all watch it unravel on our big screens, just wait! Therefore, the power hungry lot, back-off and let the sleeping dog lie.    

And for Tukur, it's all about power and control, don't we know? Imagine his dis-encouraging statement for President Jonathan not to contest the 2011 Presidency because he think, it would 'set record', really? And I ask, record for what? Perhaps, his character, professionalism or statesmanship, abi??

If that's the case, what about the old cronies like - IBB and Shagari who have had a bite of the cake before, what about them? Wouldn't the same apply? In fact, they should be in hiding - never to let us see their faces again, talk of coming out to finish us off, once and for all, eh? No! They'd had their time and we won't vote for them.

Well, Nigerians, una don see am - na the Northern sense of fairness and justice we dey talk about, be this o o o.

In fact, Tukur's comments actually reflected Gardaffi's comments in the media some months ago - suggesting power be left in the hands of the North and, if Nigeria is to be divided - the oil revenue be shared equitably with the North and I ask, why?

In terms of infrastructure; Northern road are better, their children get free and quality education, their hospital you can't compare with any other in the country etc. Well, that's Gardaffi's 'fairness and justice' for Libya, not for our country.

How could people be so heartless and unfair. The lazy Northerners have got all the goodies, they're the ones that plunged our country and has been in power over 40 years and nothing to show for it, instead of development what we got was almost the 10th Century feudal system, and it won't work for them, not this time!  

Everyone could see that, Tukur and brothers are ready to undermine Nigeria's stability and development in order to maintain power and protect their religious mentality of brotherhood thus put at risk the lives and welfare of over 100 million Nigerians - shows their patriotism.

Again, that should not be allowed to happen in our country, because we own this country as much as everyone else and, I'm prophesying now, another devastating civil war between the North and South, should Nigerians allow them to achieve their selfish and wicked ambitions and I wonder, where Tukur, IBB, Shagari and others will be hiding when it all start. angry angry

For the progress of our country please, let us support the winning horse who has showed us after many year of frustration, pain and despair, that we Nigerians could once again, have 24 Hour Electricity supply at least, and still taking actions to improve, other important areas of our lives please, let support President Goodluck Jonathan and, DUMP the Cronies that have had their times but, found wanton. angry angry
[/size][/b]
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by steroid: 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2010
I very much agree. GEJ is God-Sent.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by hakimi(m): 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2010
All said and done , I will like to say here that the problem of Nigeria is Ethnicity! I want the North to ask , if a norther were to be in GEJ's position, will a southerners be pro - zoning? The answer is yes!!!!! When this so called "King and Best" was a Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice -President or even President, why was his "GOODIES" not highlighted by his present supporters? Let us not be deceived with promises of 'FREE & FAIR ELECTION'; POWER ROAD MAP; and YOUTH EMPOWERMENT , till we see it beyond policies and Bills. Or have we forgotten the period that AJAOKUTA steel plant was conceptualized?

IBB, ATIKU, GOODLUCK, and SHEKARAU are far less candidate compare to DONALD DUKE and BUHARI.

But as I said, let see a LIVE presidential debate between all contestants - SARAH JUBRIL inclusive - then NIGERIAN can decide and not on ETHNIC line!

Thank You,
Muhammad Bello Kusharki
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! by Kilode1: 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2010
hakimi:

But as I said, let see a LIVE presidential debate between all contestants - SARAH JUBRIL inclusive - then NIGERIAN can decide and not on ETHNIC line!

Thank You,
Muhammad Bello Kusharki

Oga, here na internet o, no be local govt campaign notice board. Leaving your phone number here is probably not a wise idea. undecided

You may not like the kind of calls you'll get. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omatek Deploys Solar-powered Panels In Ekiti / What Are Your Thoughts On Buhari's Wai (war Against Indiscipline) / House Of Reps Member Dies After Affair With A Female Banker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.