Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,744 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu (28972 Views)

Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not / Obaseki: I’ll Contest Edo Governorship Election On APC Platform / Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by buhariguy(m): 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
I doubt if sw ll get d speaker self reps politics pass senate dos ones rebellion full deir head...gbajia won't get it esp as pdp and sm apc guys see him as extension of tinubu...its either ss or nc for speaker or anybody takes it if apc can't zone it well
so because you tinubu, SW Will not get what actually belong to them,.
and the idiotic pigs party want to eat their cake and have it, what a greedy set of people,
you hate APC and you still want position in what you hate so much.
by now, I'm expecting idiotic pigs to Start their mumu agitation, that Nigeria is a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by nwadiuko1(m): 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
Owamudia:

First president was ceremonial, a figurehead.

First Senate President, who?

First Speaker, who?

Governor General was also ceremonial.

What else?

lol.....untill you can give me the names of people who occupied those offices I mentioned, you no get yarn......is Osibanjo not a figure head?
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Owamudia: 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
nwadiuko1:
lol.....untill you can give me the names of people who occupied those offices I mentioned, you no get yarn......is Osibanjo not a figure head?

I have bust your bubble... grin

Osinbajo has been acting president 3 times.

And he is the head of the National Economic Council.

What else?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by OLORIPAPA: 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2019
Mtcheeeeew,someone that could not deliver up to 400,000 votes to bring in the president is making mouth... South south even produced more than a million vote.It should go to south south

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by davidnazee: 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
iphedhayhor:
By Shola Adekola - Lagos On Mar 27, 2019

As intrigues and counter-intrigues continue amongst members of the National Assembly over the sharing of positions in the coming ninth Assembly, the Senator-Elect for Abia North Senatorial District, Orji Uzor Kalu on Wednesday declared that he would vie for the Senate President should the All Progressives Congress (APC) does not zone the deputy Senate President seat to South-East zone.

Kalu said the federal government cannot afford to edge out the South Eastern part of the country out of distribution of positions in the new dispensation.

Kalu while speaking with some journalists at the international wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport yesterday, insisted that since the position of the Senate President (SP) had been allocated to the North West that the South East cannot settle for less than the Deputy Senate President (DSP) position.

According to Kalu, as a Senator representing a zone from South East, nothing will stop him from running for the position of the deputy senate president openly on the floor of the Senate.

“I want to respect the party’s wish on the Senate Presidency and the second position is what we are not going to allow to leave the South East. So as far as am concerned, in the South East, I am going to run openly on the floor of the House as Deputy Senate President. I am not going to listen to anybody. Nobody who is going to be the Deputy Senate President is more loyal than I am to the party.

“I learnt they ceded the DSP to the North West, but it is not right to do anything like that. We are going to contest this vehemently on the floor of the house. I have the backing of my colleagues. I am going to be withdrawing from the Senate Presidency to run for DSP because the party is supreme. Whether they gave it to an individual that is left for the party at the national assembly to decide, but for the DSP, I will contest with any candidate on the floor of the house.

“I know our Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is a listening Chairman and President Muhammadu Buhari is a man of justice. So, if justice must prevail, you bring the Senate President from the North East and DSP from the South East. The chairman is from the South-South, the President is from the North West, the Vice President is from South West, the President of Senate will come from the North East, whether it’s Lawan or Ndume, these people will decide that on the floor of the House.

“So, for me, Nigeria is tripod; Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa. So, we are going to get the DSP and I will fight on the floor of the House like no other person has fought. This is not challenging the party, rather, this is looking for justice.

“Buhari said he will be addressing issues of injustice. This is part of the issues. You cannot tell us to go and be Chief Whip. I don’t have a whip to whip anybody. So, we will be very willing to add values to the nation. I am loyal to the people, I am loyal to Nigeria, which is important. I am not going to be loyal to individuals. You don’t build loyalty to a section of people or individuals.

Vowing to contest the Senate president position if the position of the deputy senate presidency is not zoned to the South East, Kalu declared: “I believe there is a co-existence between the religious people. So, I am not going to be DSP for anybody. Otherwise, if they don’t listen, I will also contest for the Senate President on the floor of the House. I will join the race because it is going to be a shopping matter. I can shop than any other person they are putting there. I have the capacity and capability to shop because the whole thing will be shopping on the floor of the House. If the party continues this way, I will run for the SP.

“Positions are part of representations. I am saying if we have DSP, it gives a sense of belonging to everybody. I am not saying I am representing a section. If they go to a meeting, you have the President, Vice President, Senate President and Deputy Senate President but you don’t have anybody to represent the South East. That is unfair and that is what I am saying.

“I am not a tribalist, but someone who is fair. I want justice. If the party doesn’t want a crack, they should zone it properly through the geopolitical zones of the country. A man who has taken the presidency is not supposed to take the Deputy Senate President.

“We are not going to quarrel, but we will sort it out. We are not going to vote PDP, you should be rest assured of that. We are going to vote for APC members for SP and DSP. I have friends everywhere. It will be a shopping matter. I have over 56 Senators on my radar who have already signed for me for either SP or DSP. They believe in equity.”

SOURCE: https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/198828/

Stupid man.. who told you Nigeria is tripod “Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo “? What about other tribes? That your statement is why u are marginalized..
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Deepthoughts: 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2019
iphedhayhor:
By Shola Adekola - Lagos On Mar 27, 2019

As intrigues and counter-intrigues continue amongst members of the National Assembly over the sharing of positions in the coming ninth Assembly, the Senator-Elect for Abia North Senatorial District, Orji Uzor Kalu on Wednesday declared that he would vie for the Senate President should the All Progressives Congress (APC) does not zone the deputy Senate President seat to South-East zone.

Kalu said the federal government cannot afford to edge out the South Eastern part of the country out of distribution of positions in the new dispensation.

Kalu while speaking with some journalists at the international wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport yesterday, insisted that since the position of the Senate President (SP) had been allocated to the North West that the South East cannot settle for less than the Deputy Senate President (DSP) position.

According to Kalu, as a Senator representing a zone from South East, nothing will stop him from running for the position of the deputy senate president openly on the floor of the Senate.

“I want to respect the party’s wish on the Senate Presidency and the second position is what we are not going to allow to leave the South East. So as far as am concerned, in the South East, I am going to run openly on the floor of the House as Deputy Senate President. I am not going to listen to anybody. Nobody who is going to be the Deputy Senate President is more loyal than I am to the party.

“I learnt they ceded the DSP to the North West, but it is not right to do anything like that. We are going to contest this vehemently on the floor of the house. I have the backing of my colleagues. I am going to be withdrawing from the Senate Presidency to run for DSP because the party is supreme. Whether they gave it to an individual that is left for the party at the national assembly to decide, but for the DSP, I will contest with any candidate on the floor of the house.

“I know our Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is a listening Chairman and President Muhammadu Buhari is a man of justice. So, if justice must prevail, you bring the Senate President from the North East and DSP from the South East. The chairman is from the South-South, the President is from the North West, the Vice President is from South West, the President of Senate will come from the North East, whether it’s Lawan or Ndume, these people will decide that on the floor of the House.

“So, for me, Nigeria is tripod; Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa. So, we are going to get the DSP and I will fight on the floor of the House like no other person has fought. This is not challenging the party, rather, this is looking for justice.

“Buhari said he will be addressing issues of injustice. This is part of the issues. You cannot tell us to go and be Chief Whip. I don’t have a whip to whip anybody. So, we will be very willing to add values to the nation. I am loyal to the people, I am loyal to Nigeria, which is important. I am not going to be loyal to individuals. You don’t build loyalty to a section of people or individuals.

Vowing to contest the Senate president position if the position of the deputy senate presidency is not zoned to the South East, Kalu declared: “I believe there is a co-existence between the religious people. So, I am not going to be DSP for anybody. Otherwise, if they don’t listen, I will also contest for the Senate President on the floor of the House. I will join the race because it is going to be a shopping matter. I can shop than any other person they are putting there. I have the capacity and capability to shop because the whole thing will be shopping on the floor of the House. If the party continues this way, I will run for the SP.

“Positions are part of representations. I am saying if we have DSP, it gives a sense of belonging to everybody. I am not saying I am representing a section. If they go to a meeting, you have the President, Vice President, Senate President and Deputy Senate President but you don’t have anybody to represent the South East. That is unfair and that is what I am saying.

“I am not a tribalist, but someone who is fair. I want justice. If the party doesn’t want a crack, they should zone it properly through the geopolitical zones of the country. A man who has taken the presidency is not supposed to take the Deputy Senate President.

“We are not going to quarrel, but we will sort it out. We are not going to vote PDP, you should be rest assured of that. We are going to vote for APC members for SP and DSP. I have friends everywhere. It will be a shopping matter. I have over 56 Senators on my radar who have already signed for me for either SP or DSP. They believe in equity.”

SOURCE: https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/198828/
Correct!.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Emyben(m): 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
buhariguy:
first timer is simply mean, first time in this fourth republic from 1999 to date, not in first, second or third republic.

Nigeria didn't start in 1999.
Orji is not a First timer like you are deducing.
Just admit its a honest mistake from you.

Which one is First time in the Fourth Republic? Did Legislation start in the Fourth Republic?
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Emyben(m): 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2019
Owamudia:

First president was ceremonial, a figurehead.

First Senate President, who?

First Speaker, who?

Governor General was also ceremonial.

What else?

Haba now. He told you to make a small research and you are still asking.
Seriously, we need to re introduce History in our school curriculum.
First SP was Nnamdi Azikiwe for a few months before he became President and Handed over to Nwafor Orizu who was the First SP of an Independent Nigeria.

First Speaker of a Unified Federal House of Rep was Edwin Ume Ezeoke in 1979.

We are all supposed to know this. Stop asking basic questions.

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by barinedan(m): 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
They have not even been sworn yet greed want to tear them apart, shame to them
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by middlebelter(m): 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
I am from the North Central. Orji Kalu, I may not like you as a person, but on superior argument, you have my support.

There's no justification for zoning DSP to NW when PMB is from NW. SE must hold a key position if we are truly serious about the unity of this country. There is no excuse, Kalu is an APC Senator from SE.
Equity! Fearness! Justice! I AM WITH ORJI KALU!

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by buhariguy(m): 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2019
Emyben:

Nigeria didn't start in 1999.
Orji is not a First timer like you are deducing.
Just admit its a honest mistake from you.

Which one is First time in the Fourth Republic? Did Legislation start in the Fourth Republic?
it could be an honest mistake, but that is in Senate rules and guideline ,
Ask Senate why they consider fourth republic to be in their legislative calendar.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Emyben(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2019
buhariguy:
it could be an honest mistake, but that is in Senate rules and guideline ,
Ask Senate why they consider fourth republic to be in their legislative calendar.

It is an understanding among the Senators not a law that such Principal Positions are left for experienced old hands. And Orji Uzor Kalu is an experienced old hand having been a Lawmaker even right before all of them.
I am not declaring support for anyone but don't drum it to our ears that Kalu is a newbie and as such inexperienced. He is not a newbie. He is an Old legislator, more experienced too and to cap it all he has been in the executive arm too and according to the senate guidelines or whatever we call it, he is eminently qualified to vie for the seat.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by nwadiuko1(m): 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2019
Owamudia:

I have bust your bubble... grin

Osinbajo has been acting president 3 times.

And he is the head of the National Economic Council.

What else?
you are just running round in circles...... the questions are
Was an Igbo man the president of Nigeria before a yoruba man?
Was Igbo man a vice president of Nigeria before a yoruba man?
Was an Igbo man a speaker of the house of representative before a yoruba man?
Was an Igbo man a senate president of Nigeria before a yoruba man? Was an Igbo man a Nigerian military head of state before a yoruba man?

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Owamudia: 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2019
nwadiuko1:
you are just running round in circles...... the questions are
Was an Igbo man the president of Nigeria before a yoruba man?
Was Igbo man a vice president of Nigeria before a yoruba man?
Was an Igbo man a speaker of the house of representative before a yoruba man?
Was an Igbo man a senate president of Nigeria before a yoruba man?

President, no!
Zik was a figurehead.

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by nwadiuko1(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2019
Owamudia:

President, no!
Zik was a figurehead.
before i clarify you on that of the presidency..... do you agree on the others?
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Owamudia: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
nwadiuko1:
before i clarify you on that of the presidency..... do you agree on the others?

Yes I do.
We've always been in opposition.

It's unfortunate Igbos cannot endure opposition.

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by nwadiuko1(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
Owamudia:

Yes I do.
We've always been in opposition.

It's unfortunate Igbos cannot endure opposition.
you see, the problem with people like you is that you try to turn history on its head.... which is an aberration....... pls dont derail from this topic, Igbos have taken a shot at those offices at one point in time...... so chill out no be new thing, e no help anybody, go hustle...

enduring opposition would be a story for another day!
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Fahd11: 9:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
Can this useless ipob thief just shut the Bleep up.... #Igbo

1 Like

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Okoroawusa: 10:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
I dey come make I go toilet
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Elijahnonso1(m): 6:18am On Mar 28, 2019
SE should produce the sp if buhari and apc knows what is justice. Dear kalu, go ahead and contest for the sp if buhari wants to continue his northern agenda by mandating apc not to zone dsp to SE. After all you are loyal to the people, to buhari and to the apc leadership.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by oyatz(m): 6:24am On Mar 28, 2019
What concern Tinubu/Osinbajo 2023 in this matter?

rummmy:
Sir, you did all your best to work for the party in a region one is seen as an outcast and the party seen as satanic to emerge victorious yet they share there cakes leaving your zone out........ We told you but you did not listen,they have silenced rochas paving automatic way for tinubu /osibanjo in 2023 now see what they are doing.. Kindly contest for the Senate president hence share the apc vote with them... I'm sure you will win with the pdp vote added..
You don't beg for power, you take it by any means..
With all this, I can never be patriotic to the so called Nigeria.... Nonsense
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by ogbuikechukwu(m): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2019
am really disappointed with the way apc is going on as a party
very undemocratic and bias
if igbo didn't put there house in order they will continue to be political irrelevant in Nigeria equation
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by flecho: 8:23am On Mar 28, 2019
Chimaokigwe:
You want to zone the third highest office to a region which gave the APC the least votes?

Naah. Won't work.

U no well @ all, which region get oil, from them go see money loot and pay salaries.
Nigeria is goon to soon
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by flecho: 8:30am On Mar 28, 2019
Emyben:

It is an understanding among the Senators not a law that such Principal Positions are left for experienced old hands. And Orji Uzor Kalu is an experienced old hand having been a Lawmaker even right before all of them.
I am not declaring support for anyone but don't drum it to our ears that Kalu is a newbie and as such inexperienced. He is not a newbie. He is an Old legislator, more experienced too and to cap it all he has been in the executive arm too and according to the senate guidelines or whatever we call it, he is eminently qualified to vie for the seat.

You are right, but I blame the SE/SS 4 dis, in 2015 apc claim no qualified apc candidate from SE/SS 2 b made SP bt 2day the song done.
APC ONCE A SCAM ALWAYS SCAM.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by Scandinavian02: 9:33am On Mar 28, 2019
Emyben:

Orji is not a First Timer.
Infact, Orji will be the most senior Legislator in the 9th Assembly as he was in the Federal House of Assembly around the 1980s.

Lets be sure before we speak

Orji Uzor Kalu in the 80s? This is a fat lie!

Orji Uzor Kalu was elected to the HoR in 1992.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by rummmy: 9:43am On Mar 28, 2019
oyatz:
What concern Tinubu/Osinbajo 2023 in this matter?My dear apc is tactically silencing those that are likely contest with osibanjo or tinubu.. ..rochas, akpabio, amechi and orji kalu will soon get their own treatment.... We are aware.

Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by rummmy: 9:44am On Mar 28, 2019
oyatz:
What concern Tinubu/Osinbajo 2023 in this matter?My dear apc is tactically silencing those that are likely contest with osibanjo or tinubu.. ..rochas, akpabio, amechi and orji kalu will soon get their own treatment.... We are aware.

My dear apc is tactically silencing those that are likely contest with osibanjo or tinubu.. ..rochas, akpabio, amechi and orji kalu will soon get their own treatment.... We are aware.
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by rummmy: 9:49am On Mar 28, 2019
Owamudia:

Zik, a figurehead... grin

Ironsi, quite unfortunate... embarassed

You are a kid!
one and only figure head president in the history of Nigeria, you know what go to state house and remove their portraits,thats how to properly protest.... The east have been president and head of state before west, the east have been vice president before west, the east have been speaker before west and the east have been senate politics and nobody from west have been so we are not equal in the Nigerian politics .deal with the facts
Re: Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu by rummmy: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2019
buhariguy:
both of them really work for APC, i commend their effort for electing themselves,
but they're both first timers,
DSP cannot go any other zone except SE and SS.
with that, omo agege should be they DSP.
verbal commendation is not enough infact rochas was paid back with a suspension..you are busy sharing the posts while you are busy commending them, kalu is not a first timer check well.... You will see what will befall apc soon with all this their evil plans against us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 : Osinbajo A Leader On The Wings Of Grace / I Was To Be Abducted With Kanu From Kenya By FG But I Used My Wisdom - Omokri / Soldiers Depart Oporoza Without Tompolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.