Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God (16983 Views)

Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer / Emi(legend Of The Human God): Reboot / Legend Of Ikogosi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by dankorode(m): 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
nice story.
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2019
"I am Bidemi, follow me, I have the necessary information you will be needing to defeat Owo Iku " a lady said from the crowd.
She served Emi and his crew a bowl of soup, with mutton meat, after eating, she packed the calabash and immediately stated the main situation.
"Tell us something, what we don't know" Oguntomiwa said rubbing his mouth with his palm.
"This creature, only weakness is to pull out the hell stone on its chest" She said and continued "the more this stone glows, the more powerful it is "

"Any plan, on how to pull this stone out " Ogunjimi asked
"I was hoping, one of you has one hundred percent accuracy "
"Yes, am the best around here" Ogunjimi said, trailing his plaited hair, which he plaited in three parts.
"Let's see" Bidemi said and pulled out her bow from under the table.
"Am not competing with a lady, even, you are no match for me" Ogunjimi said, folding his hands.
"You are scared" Emi said and they all laughed loudly.
"PHEEEWWWW PHEEWWWW Bidemi effortlessly shot two arrows,at the table. The first one, spinned a calabash into the air, as the other one balanced it steadily against the wall.
"Woooooaaaahhhhhh"everyone except Ogunjimi shouted feeling impressed at the move.
"Your turn"
"What, you know am better than that, Human God, you have seen me in action, haven't you" Ogunjimi said, waving his hand towards Emi.
"I don't think so" Emi replied with a stern face. "the lady replaces you then, you won't be on the field tomorrow"
"Impossible, you want to exclude my name from list of legends" Ogunjimi shouted and withdrew his bow and grabbed two arrows.
PHEWSZAPP!! ogunjimi shot both arrows. The first one hit the wall, while the second one, pierced the first arrow, splitting it into two.
"That's an old trick, I have seen you do that like forever" Alara said.
"She hasn't seen that,have you"
"Am better than you" Bidemi said and went into her bedroom.

TBC

6 Likes

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by dawno2008(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
Nice @Devilpen good job sir
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by daddio(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
Thanks @Op, God bless you.
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by skubido(m): 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2019
Gbayi OP
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 2:49am On Apr 20, 2019
.Very early the next day, Emi rose, and waked up the rest and they prepared and set out. Bidemi took the lead, she knew this creature better than anyone. They rode for almost half a day before reaching their destination. Some meters before them stood a dark cave.
"Are we going into it" Ogunjimi asked feeling awkward
"No, it knows we are here, this demon treasures it's cave, although no one knows what's in there"Bidemi said.
Like Owo Iku heard their conversation, it majestically walked out of the cave and snarled, as thick saliva drooled from its mouth.
"Everyone disband, Ogunjimi make sure you have a clear stand" Emi said, as he watched his team disbanded into different angles, leaving only him and the beast face to face.
"Eledumare, grant me a portion of your strength " Emi muttered and picked up his pace towards the demon, as the demon also at first slowly advanced, but gradually it picked up fast pace.
Emi joined his fists together and slammed on the beast, in retaliation, it used it's hand to push Emi to the ground, and snarled, lowering it's huge mouth, in an attempt towards Emi's face. Emi placed his elbow, between his chest and the neck of the beast, preventing it from tearing his head.
"Bidemi" Emi shouted.
An arrow came at the neck of the beast, and shattered into pieces.
SNAAARRRRRLLLLL!!! The beast looked towards the direction the arrow had come from seeing Bidemi hanging from a tree, it ran towards her. With a huge bang, it collided against the tree, pulling it down, as Bidemi lost balance.
Ogunjimi, from where he took cover, knew Bidemi was done for, but he could do something. He tied a rope to the edge of an arrow and tied the other end to his leg. He then shot the arrow to the branch where he stood, and dived towards Bidemi,
ARRGH..he caught her and swung back to the tree where he stood. The creature became more furious. Emi summoned his beast soul and
slide on his knees the force pulling him under the creature and he wasted no time in punching it from beneath. The creature became more furious, what happened next made Emi wish he didn't use his beast soul.
Right before them, this beast stood on two legs like a man, standing about 8feer tall.
"Attack" Emi shouted, and they all ran towards the beast, excepting Ogunjimi and Bidemi, who still stood on the tree.
WHACK, whack this beast swooped them with just one swing of its hand. Emi luckily drove it's sword into the beast, forcing it to its knees, he reached for the Hellstone, he was halfway pulling it out, then the beast used the last strength in it to push Emi away, it raised its hands up, and Sliccck, it came off. and it fell to its kneels.
Emi was certain he didn't do that, someone saved him, and it wasn't his team, then who was it. Emi struggled to his feet, and right in front of the dead beast was Ajanaku,.
Ajanaku bent down and pulled the hell stone, out and dipped it inside his Ankara bag.
"Brother" Ajanaku said looking at Emi.
At his sight, the other warriors, grabbed their weapons and stood at alert, no one trusted Ajanaku.
"Lay down your weapon" Emi ordered, "why are you here"
"Walk with me" Ajanaku said, stepping forward. After they were out of ear shot he continued. "Thank you for the love, you have shown my son" Ajanaku said.
"I knew it"
"Emi, my son does not deserve to grow with a father like me he deserves someone better, and you are the only one I can trust " Ajanaku said, facing Emi squarely.
"Me saving you today, is because of my son, and for this life you owe me, please take good care of my son" Ajanaku said and immediately faded.
Emi stood still, not that he was confused, but Ajanaku trusting his son to his care, even condemning himself for not being a good father.
Emi faced back and could see, Ogunjimi having a heated argument with Bidemi.
"Let's go" Emi said not having interest in what they argued about.
RISE OF LEGENDS

TBC

5 Likes

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by peterafo: 2:59am On Apr 20, 2019
interesting story... bro pls more update
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by skubido(m): 9:52am On Apr 20, 2019
Hmmmm, It is Good to be Good

Tanks for the update
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2019
death is an inevitable circle that goes round and round, and still the circle continues. 17years has pass, Emi still continue to make Ayenireti the safest place among other kingdoms, Ajanaku on the other hand, had gone silent, no threat from him. History is now taking a very different turn especially at ayenireti. These white skin men, with pointed nose, their hairs looked glorious, except for some very few, whom nature had denied the grace of looking good, the ruled with fear, a different fear no one has seen, even their instrument of war, was a horrible sight to behold when it went into war.
Ayenireti still stood the only town that had withstood attacks from trespassers. For the grace of a Grand god, a human god, and a skilled warrior all from just one family at ayenireti.
Legends are rising, Legends that are not chosen by the gods. Even now the gods are being held onto tight corners, as tradition is gradually getting lost. Sure, it will be restored, but civilization is inevitable.

TBC

3 Likes

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
Emi watched as his two children trained vigorously, using a wooden sword to fight against themselves. For some minutes, Emi admired both of his children, he saw Eri as his own, the one he raised from an infant.
"Eri, your guide is watery, you will die in minutes, if you continue like this" Emi shouted "IRETI I know you are channelling your beast soul, to strengthen your arms".
"Father, do you have to connect to my spirit" IRETI shouted
Eri saw an opportunity and pulled her on the leg, making her fall heavily on the ground.
"Deception " Eri said and stretched his hand to pull her up.
"Father, when do we go for our hunt? " Eri asked, as he and IRETI walked up to Emi.
It was a tradition, in ayenireti, every warrior, once they hit age 18 would perform the initiation rite, which included, hunting for an animal, to test their strength, returning empty handed means, no engagement in any form of battle, odd as it seems, no warrior felt pleasure in being abandoned when others go to claim victory.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by mondaypemisire(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
Bro plz update d next one
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by daddio(m): 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
@OP, you are too gbaski, abeg, give us more o
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 9:04am On Apr 21, 2019
Emi could feel the strong desire of his children to begin initiation as soon as possible, but things are now different, the woods they freely toured was now a place they tried to stay away from as much as they could. The emergence of this white skin men, had changed a lot of things, slavery was now the highly paid business.
"You know you can't go into the woods these days" Emi said, placing his hands on their head.
"We are not thinking of going alone, we could have the warriors in the woods while we hunt" Eri gave out his own opinion.
"and, even the woods still lies in our territory" IRETI added.
"Alright, you can go, I will discuss it with others " Emi said, getting fed up with their zeal to do the hunting by all means.
Emi entered into the palace, taking his seat among the Circles of Elders, he glanced at the scroll passed to him for some minutes and rolled it up, all eyes were on him, this issue of revolution from the white men, has placed them into a rat hole. All they did was just going round and round in circles.
"Bring the prisoner in" Emi said, also using his hand to make gesture to the guards.

The guards wasted no time bringing the prisoner in, bound tightly, he could hardly move, they forced him on his knees before the elders.
Emi stood up and walked closer to the prisoner, his face was already swollen, he had been tortured thoroughly before he could confess to his crimes.
"What did the white skin men, give you in exchange for the raw gold you gave them? " Emi asked.
"Cold met..aalls" The prisoner said, trying not to look into Emi's eyes.
Ayenireti, never knew the usefulness of gold, then the white skin men came. Noticing Ayenireti was a rich source of gold, almost on every part of their city, they tried to conquer it. But no weapon could go against two spirit gods and a skilled warrior. So they resorted in bribery, they exchanged cold metals (gun) for huge amount of golds, but it still was not enough, like the god of greed, dwelled within them, thy still sought ways to bring down ayenireti, apart from the spirit god's they would face, the Great Wall of Ayenireti was a stumbling block on its own.

TBC

5 Likes

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by skubido(m): 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
Tanks for the update,

Happy Esther to you all
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by daddio(m): 11:22am On Apr 22, 2019
Thanks OP, happy Easter to you.

Abeg we dey wait o
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
"For how long have you been selling them raw gold?" Emi continued his interrogation.
The Prisoner, wasted no time in giving the reply
"Two weeks"

"This gathering finds you guilty, your property shall be taken from you, you and your household shall be banished from Ayenireti, any attempt you make towards crossing over the border shall consider you a threat and you shall be put down" Emi said and signalled to the guards to take him away.

"Please Human God, there is something you need to hear" The Prisoner managed to talk.
Emi folded his right hand and raised it up, he stood firm as the prisoner continued his words.
"The cold metal is not only the deadliest weapon they posses, I don't want to die" He said weeping "Consider my family, I can work as spy for you, and report back"
Emi sighed and looked at the Chiefs and elders.
"Let the Elders decide" Emi concluded.
Otun, a bald head man, he actually looked younger than his age, as he stood up to talk, he adjusted his native cap, bending it slightly to the left. He wriggled his mouth and spoke.
"We shall put it to a vote, I personally does not want him here, those who want him should raise their hand"
The committee consisted of 8 Elders and 5 Chiefs, including Emi. After much deliberation, Emi and two other Chiefs were the only ones who raised their hands.
"Since majority carries the vote, the former decision remains" Emi said, trying to avoid eye contact with the prisoner, guilt was filled within him, without further discussion, he left the council.
Emi walked sadly into his hut, feeling frustrated, he laid on his wooden bed, thinking about what to do. Really it was a hard time for him. The King is missing, no one could be suspected, almost a year, another family is being banished, his children insist on going for their initiation hunt.
"My heart" Adeshewa called out, gently putting down the basket on her head. "Emi" She called again, and paused for a moment, before going to tap him lightly.
"Hmm" Emi was pulled out of his deep thought. "How was sales? "
"What's wrong? " She asked,and sat beside him, where he laid.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by mondaypemisire(m): 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
Too short bro next time make it long
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by skubido(m): 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
King missing ke, Emi use ya brain wella oo

Tanks for the update
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Ann2012(f): 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2019
This foreigners already gained their spoils. Ayefele was their first target. Their weapon of destruction had no match, hence they overthrew this city easily.
"John, gather this folks around" Said Francis.
Francis had been designed to this part of the region, to overthrow it and bring people into slavery, while some villages willingly partnered with Francis to plunder other villages and sell the very best of them to the white skin men.
Francis, easily guessed to be in his late 50, he was very muscular and great in strength, he had the wisdom and tactics to bring anyone down to his knees.
As John gathered the prisoners around, he also molested the females among them, smiling wickedly, he also grinned from mouth to mouth.
"Emi ni a pa e(I will be the one to kill you)" A boy said as John rounded them up.
"Hey, what do you say? " John said and slapped the boy hardly on the face and angrily pulled out his gun from his belt.
"John, enough, we need them in exchange for the money, if business continues as good as this, I will buy a mansion in Queens Island" Francis said, and puffed smoke out from his nostrils.
Emi stood at the gate of Ayenireti ushering the refugees in, he himself handled the head count, as they trooped in.
"Emi, we won't be able to feed these people,if they continue to come in large numbers as this" Ogunjimi said, standing near Emi.
"We have no choice, you have done well in bringing this set, I got words from Ikubiyi, he is coming with his own set before noon"
"We have intruders!!!!! " The guard at the top of the wall shouted.
Emi quickly made his way outside the gate, beside him was Ogunjimi and IRETI.
About a mile from Ayenireti, thousands of horse could be seen, running furiously. This is the second time in one month, Ayenireti would be under attack, but this number was larger than the previous attack.
"How much soldiers do we have at hand" Emi asked Ogunjimi.
"Not enough to withstand for an hour" Ogunjimi said.
"Are you serious? " IRETI shouted as she pulled a girl up and handed her over to her mother.
"Where is Eri? " Emi asked.
"Talk of the devil" Ogunjimi smiled, seeing Eri run out of the city to join them with his bow and quaver at his back.

"As soon as the last person enters, close the gate, archers take position" Emi shouted the orders to the one at the top of the wall.

TBC

1 Like

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Kaycee9242(m): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2019
What a wonderful write up, op well done

1 Like

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
Emi charged his beast soul, allowing it to flow through his hand into his sword, he had no other thinking than to slay as much as he could, before he began having human feelings for them. The Grand god, charged her beast soul into her arms as well, everything seemed so slow in her sight, even before the fight, she had dropped down more than a hundred.
"Show off" Eri said, and placed four arrows on his bow.
"Don't worry, I will protect you, dear one" IRETI replied smiling at him, as her eyes glowed red.
"On count of three" Ogunjimi said, swaying his sword from one hand to the other.
PANNNNNK!!! A bullet hit Emi's chest, and dropped to the ground.
"Cold metal" Emi said, and began to run forward, as others followed suit.

Archers already took formation at the top of the wall, as they drew their arrows with the bow string.
"Hold" The leader shouted, making sure the opponent drew closer before, he ordered them to shoot.
Emi entered into a raged killing spree, grabbing horses with minimum effort and throwing them at the white skin men, bullets shoot at him made no effect on him.
Eri rolled on the ground amidst the horses and fired his arrows, as they gladly made their way throw the hearts of his targets, he somersaulted dodging the bullets rushing at him, with great strength he fired and before a second he pulled out another set of arrows. He removed all the arrows from the quiver and laid them on the ground. Positioning himself with one knee on the ground, he picked his arrows in fours and didn't miss a target.

IRETI movement was too fast for her opponents to know her next move, with the speed of light, headless bodies dropped to the ground from their horses.
"There are too fast" One shouted from his horse, seeing how IRETI fought tiredlessly.
Ogunjimi on the other hand fought happily, bathing himself with the blood of his enemies, he pulled a soldier from the horse and smashed his head into pieces with his feet. He leaped into the air with great effort and drove his sword into the heart of another.
"Fireeee " the leader of the archers on the wall shouted the orders"
Emi, saw the arrows, and immediately leaped on Ogunjimi, covering him with his body, prevent the arrows from piercing Ogunjimi, also IRETI did the same to Eri.
"You stink" Eri muffled, trying to catch his breath beneath IRETI.
"Lay still you this pervert, you are trying to take advantage " IRETI said, as arrows bounced off her body.
"We still bath together, less you forget "
After the spree of the arrows, Emi stood up and IRETI at the same time. Before them laid countless lifeless bodies.
"There is one survivor " IRETI said charging her beast soul.
"leave him, let him tell the story" Emi said and headed towards the gate.

TBC

3 Likes

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by skubido(m): 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
nice wan

Tanks for the update
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by daddio(m): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
Wow!!!
Great.

Thanks OP
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Kaycee9242(m): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
Nice update
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Bridgovoks: 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2019
Kudos to you
Love this story
More updates, please
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 9:20pm On Apr 23, 2019
Francis, threw his cigarette against the wall, his look showed he was through tough and critical thinking.
"Just Four, uncivilized people, killed nine hundred of you? "He asked looking puzzled, this piece was hard to connect together.
"Hasten the sales" he commanded and walked out of his hut.
The only problem he had was that he was short of men, the next thing was either to retreat or ask for backup, but four against nine hundred, what if they used their whole troop. Wasn't he biting more than he could chew

Eri sat at the foot of Emi, while Adeshewa sang as she plaited IRETI's hair, using beads to adorn her hair.
Emi gladly kept himself busy, telling Eri stories of his past.
".....You should have seen how Obatala, fought hard against Esu" Emi said, imitating fight scenes.
"Ahhhhhhhh, when do I get to see the gods " Eri asked excitedly.
"Even I for myself being a Grand god haven't come in contact with any greater god" IRETI chipped in, trying to tilt her head towards their direction.
Eri smiled wickedly and put a stone in his catapult and aimed at IRETI.
"ooouucch " She screamed loudly.
"Only I can hurt you" He said and placed another stone in the catapult and shot her again
"You are so dead" IRETI said trying to place her head still.
"Father, you haven't tell me still how I got the Hell stone" Eri said, reaching for another stone.
Adeshewa looked at Emi and faced the hair she was plaiting, but her full attention was directed at Emi. Just then Ogunjimi entered into the compound.
"Uncle" Eri shouted and shot the catapult at him.
"The Hell fighter himselt" Ogunjimi hailed Eri
"How is your wife" Eri asked taking his former position.
"Bidemi is doing good, so I have two news, the good and the bad, which one first"
"The bad one" IRETI replied.
"The bad news, Ikubiyi is seriously injured, the good news, he came back with the refugees, and no one died, both his soldiers and the refugees" Ogunjimi said
"What about Oguntomiwa? "Emi asked, standing to his feet.
"He returned also, he seeks your presence in the palace".
Emi took his seat among the council, while his children stood at his back, the meeting commenced immediately
"Oguntomiwa, speak" An elder said.
Oguntomiwa stood up, and greeted the elders before he began his words.
"Our kind has fallen victim of rape, and are being taken to unknown lands, villages like, Arinoluaye are working for the foreigners, trading other villages into slavery, even" he paused and brought out something from his bag and showed it to Emi.
Emi stared at this strange object that showed every detail of his face, he wondered within himself what it could be, this object was indeed useful, with this, he would not need to wait for still water in calabash to see his face.
"What is this? " he asked and passed it around.
"Meerrrrooowr " Oguntomiwa managed to say "and they even give more valuables to the King of Arinoluaye as gifts for his partnership"
"You have done well" Otun said and continued "we have to help this people, it's our duty"
"Otun, why do you speak like you use only one fraction of your brain" Osi shouted banging the table "we have pleas from three villages that we are alliance with to help them, and you talk about, riding a journey for three days just to save some helpless head"
"You are the one who is mad, those villages we have alliance with, are withstanding attacks, what do you think will happen, when these white finally find a way to breach our walls, before then we have to act" Otun replied and sighed heavily.

The council began to go into uproar, as some supported Otun, while others saw sense in what Osi said.
CRRANNNGGG a shattering sound came from behind Emi, drawing everyone's attention to Eri and IRETI.
"He broke it" IRETI said pointing accusing fingers at Eri.
"We are here trying to figure out matters, and what do you have to Contribute" Oguntomiwa said angrily.
"Well, Eri and Father should go for the slaves, while Uncle Jimi and I will stay in the village to defend it, a Grand god and a skill fighter, a human god and a kid hell fighter " IRETI said.
"So shall it be, we ride tomorrow at dawn " Emi said and disband the council.

TBC

6 Likes

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Kaycee9242(m): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2019
well done op

1 Like

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by Devilpen(m): 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2019
Please do good by letting me know, where I am doing it wrong, your critics and corrections will be highly appreciated. Thanks...

2 Likes

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by unitysheart(m): 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
Devilpen:
Please do good by letting me know, where I am doing it wrong, your critics and corrections will be highly appreciated. Thanks...

I am enjoying you. Ride on.

1 Like

Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by daddio(m): 11:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
You are doing great brother, keep it up
Re: Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God by skubido(m): 10:43am On Apr 24, 2019
Tanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oriki Of Ikoyi - I've Just Translated It To English, How Fair/bad I Am? / Chimamanda Adichie At The 7th Annual Igbo Conference (photos+video) / Chimamanda, Bill Gates, Prince Charles In London For Malaria Summit- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.