Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over (1627 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Home Of Former IGP, Hafiz-Ringim Bombed / Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by CHAIRMAN1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2010
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by CHAIRMAN1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2010
Other Service chiefs where sacked too!!!!
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by slap1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2010
The road to 2011 is paved with suprizes . . . and suprizes. Onovo you are a disgrace, you were a police IG yet your home town is the crime headquarters of the South East. Come home and be kidnapped, ASAP!
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by naijaking1: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2010
I think that more surprises await security people before 2011.
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by chiozor: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2010
source
is this true?
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by AkinEgba: 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2010
Fake story. Jonathan will be committing political harakiri to do this at this point he is grovelling for Igbo votes. It may be the right thing to do but liver to do am no dey, for now.
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by seanet02: 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2010
very good one
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by CHAIRMAN1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2010
chiozor:

source
is this true?
the link is beneath the story,
copy and paste it on your browser.
you can visit saharareporters home page.
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by naijaking1: 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2010
chiozor:

source
is this true?

Saw it in saharareporter too.

Akin-Egba:

Fake story. Jonathan will be committing political harakiri to do this at this point he is grovelling for Igbo votes. It may be the right thing to do but liver to do am no dey, for now.

I don't think Igbos care. As long as we stop kidnapping, police toll check points, and excess crime in the east, the IG could come from Kafanchan for all I care
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by johnie: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2010
I heard this news story on Television Continental (TVC).

All the service chiefs have also been changed.

The Army Chief is an Igbo man. The first since Aguiyi Ironsi.

The former Air Chief has become the new Chief of Defence Staff.

The DG of the SSS has also been changed according to the report.
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by Seaen(m): 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2010
Wow. Sharp Jonathan. Already getting ready for the battle ahead. Choose ur side or face the sword. Nigeria - God have mercy. cry
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by Ajibolar(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan has carried out far reaching shake up of the police and the intelligence services today by removing the Inspector general of police, Ogbonna Onovo and replaced him with Hafiz Ringim

. Mr. Ringim will act as Inspector general of Police pending his confirmation by the national assembly. Also removed is the director general of the State security Services, Mr. Gadzama. The yar'adua era SSS director was noted for harassing online bloggers. He is replaced with Ita Ekpeyong.

[b]
COMMENTS

1."Ohun to ntan legun odun". Power is infamera and tracient. Pls learn from this.

2.I'm usually one of the sceptics when people speak about Jonathan, but now men, I don't know.

When Onovo was reported to have said that nobody could arrest him, following his refusal to obey court summons, I thought to myself that if only Jonathan could either arrest him or dismiss him, and now this.

This is fantistic news indeed. Weldone GEJ. I may now begin to listen to you

3.Now that President Goodluck Jonathan has deemed it necessary and fired the incompetent and grossly-corrupt Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ogbonna Onovo, and the removal of the director of the State Security Service,the new police chief must immediately implement new security regimen that will, in the least, ensure the removal of those annoying and ubiquitous extortionist police roadblocks. By so doing this will assuage the sense of perennial insecurity which has become part of Nigeria's social and political culture for so long. The state of seige must be lifted!

4.Good ridiance to a bad nonsense. Onovo is a thief and remains a thief. His police farce are thieves.

If only these one-day bigmen will know that power is transcient. Onovo is now history and he is now thrashed into the abiss of history.

5.yes more heads should roll,judges should immediately take him up for messing them up inshort EFCC should start investigating police monies during ONOVO,S time plz no stone should be left unturned
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by johnie: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2010
Jonathan replaces police boss and service chiefs

September 8, 2010 03:59PM

President Goodluck Jonathan has changed the leadership of the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Police Force with the appointment of new service chiefs and an acting Inspector General of Police.

The newly appointed service chiefs are: O.O Peterin, Air Marshal, - chief of defence staff; O. A. Ihejirika, Major General, - chief of army staff; O.S Ibrahim, Rear Admiral, chief of naval staff; and M.D Umar, Air Vice Marshal, - chief of air staff.

The president has also appointed Hafiz A. Ringim as the acting Inspector General of Police, and Ita Ekpeyong as the new director general of the State Security Services (SSS).

The new appointments were contained in a statement by the special adviser to the president on media and publicity, Ima Niboro, which explained that "the appointment is with immediate effect, subject to the confirmation of the National Assembly, subject to the Armed Forces Act, section 18(cap a20 laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 2004)."

According to the statement, the president thanked the outgoing service chiefs, whose tenures it claimed "expired in August", for their outstanding stewardship, loyalty, and defence of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The president also thanked the outgoing Inspector General, Ogbonnaya Onovo, and outgoing DG SSS, Mr. A.A Gadzama, for their dedication to service of the fatherland and wished them well in their future endeavours.

Mr. Onovo has come under severe criticism over the increasing spate of kidnapping across the country, particularly in the south-east region.

Source:http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5616656-146/jonathan_replaces_police_boss_and_service.csp#
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by Mamajama(m): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2010
This is nonsense. We keep putting bandage over our wounds without treating the wound. I have been saying it for years after my father retired from the force. Nigeria security issues is parasites devouring its pre and we need to address the root cause before firing and replacing people of valor and preparing them for failure. What can the new service chiefs accomplish without the necessary equipment, ammunition and transportation?
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by knotty(m): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2010
[
1."Ohun to ntan legun odun".  Power is [b]infamera [/b]and tracient. Pls learn from this.

what was that please?
Re: Police: Onovo Sacked, Ringim Takes Over by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2010

(1)

Government Charges Poor People Who Cannot Pay Train Fair With Attempted Suicide! / Fashola Hands Over 10th Mini-water Works In Ojokoro (pics) / Nigeria Receives Tokunboh Warship From Us On Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.