Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,169 members, 7,852,978 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

I Want To Learn Yoruba!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Learn Yoruba!! (754 Views)

Learn Yoruba With Ease. Lets Promote Our Culture Which Is Our Heritage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by Goodlyhrt(m): 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
I am Igbo and I moved to Lagos newly, I will like to learn the language. I must say the language sounds interesting and I want to learn it. Someone pls teach me Yoruba ejorr!!
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by greatnaija01: 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
do not take BRT when going out, take normal buses, attend your community meetings, date a yoruba girl and attend CAC or any other yoruba church...6 MONTHS, and you will understand yoruba

Goodlyhrt:
I am Igbo and I moved to Lagos newly, I will like to learn the language. I must say the language sounds interesting and I want to learn it. Someone pls teach me Yoruba ejorr!!
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
greatnaija01:
do not take BRT when going out, take normal buses, attend your community meetings, date a yoruba girl and attend CAC or any other yoruba church...6 MONTHS, and you will understand yoruba

I am a techy, reserved person, can't I start with stuffs like app or a book? Any recommendations?
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by Money2000: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
My friend, get a job. I know the nation is hard, bring your CV
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by greatnaija01: 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2019
oh bros... NO WAY... those apps (IF THEY EVEN EXIST) will not teach you words and sound pronunciations and expressions.....

you need to LEARN ON THE JOB.

Goodlyhrt:
I am a techy, reserved person, can't I start with stuffs like app or a book? Any recommendations?
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by Oluromantic: 1:02am On Mar 31, 2019
The first step is to start saying this statement to everyone u know...

...ori e ti baje, inu e bu ori orun saa si

Be repeating it everywhere including market, you will hear Yoruba sharp sharp with a new figured face.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by Burgerlomo: 1:07am On Mar 31, 2019
He should expect a hot slap and "Se oya were ni" in response to that "Ori e baje, inu e bu ori orun sa" grin
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by anochuko01(m): 6:58am On Mar 31, 2019
OP, o ti ya werey!

say "amen" cheesy
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by generationz(f): 4:19pm On Mar 31, 2019
Goodlyhrt:

I know a lady on Instagram who teaches IBO language for a fee

I'm sure there exists Yoruba teachers as well if you are willing to pay for it

Just Google it.
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by pocohantas(f): 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
Yoruba is one of the easiest language to learn if you ask me. They are always willing to teach you, especially their guys grin.

You will learn the insults first;
Oloriburuku, oponu, apoda, ode, didirin, arindin, omo ale jatijati... etc.

I will get bored if someone sits me down and says oko= farm, husband, prick...etc, (depending on the tone), but if he/she speaks it to me, I would grab faster. Learning by association is a whole lot easier, so you need to eliminate all stereotypes and bias. This will make it easier for you to associate with the people and learn firsthand. Good enough you already have interest. Watch their movies, listen to their songs, ask questions, do a lot of cut and join Yoruba, it only gets better.

Going to core Yoruba churches like someone suggested is kinda extreme to me. I wouldn't change church just to learn a language.
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by Goodlyhrt(m): 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
Money2000:
My friend, get a job. I know the nation is hard, bring your CV
Hi boss! I've being away for awhile, just logged on to see this.

I've sent you an email.
Re: I Want To Learn Yoruba!! by daneni1(m): 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2019
pocohantas:
Yoruba is one of the easiest language to learn if you ask me. They are always willing to teach you, especially their guys grin.

You will learn the insults first;
Oloriburuku, oponu, apoda, ode, didirin, arindin, omo ale jatijati... etc.

I will get bored if someone sits me down and says oko= farm, husband, prick...etc, (depending on the tone), but if he/she speaks it to me, I would grab faster. Learning by association is a whole lot easier, so you need to eliminate all stereotypes and bias. This will make it easier for you to associate with the people and learn firsthand. Good enough you already have interest. Watch their movies, listen to their songs, ask questions, do a lot of cut and join Yoruba, it only gets better.

Going to core Yoruba churches like someone suggested is kinda extreme to me. I wouldn't change church just to learn a language.

Where have you been......

(1) (Reply)

Sex For Revenge (wrong Turn). Only For Adult's 18+ / How To Be A Pro? / I'm Grateful He Sent Me To Sch But I Can't Be In A Relationship With Him Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.